Cover Girl Simply Ageless

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain: Iron Oxides, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

on 1/30/2009 8:11:00 PM

I love this foundation!

Color: Yes, it runs lighter than usual. Usually I wear Ivory foundation in the Winter (I'm a redhead), but in this foundation I wear the Buff Beige, the color that I usually wear in the Summer.

Coverage and Texture: The texture is creme to powder more or less. The coverage is buildable, so a little more around the nose and on any red spots covers them quite well. It even covered a couple of hormonal pimples and usually the ONLY thing that covers those is mineral makeup. It doesn't settle into lines, touches up quite well and pretty much looks like my skin, only better. I also like that the 22 spf sunscreen is physical; chemical sunscreens irritate my skin.

Packaging: The packaging is fine, I really don't understand what everyone is complaining about on that front. It actually makes sense since you can take it with you like you would a compact.

Conclusion: What really sold me on this foundation - I wore it for the 1st time today - a hot 22 year old kid hit on me and said he thought I was 26! It was the nicest thing anyone has said to me all year (ok, so it's only the end of January, lol). But seriously, if you think it makes you look chalky, take it back and buy it in a darker color and you might just find that you've changed your mind about it.

on 1/29/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

What a shame! I really like Olay products so I thought I would try this new, jazzy looking foundation. I have no gripe about the packaging---I liked the swirly look and didn't have trouble opening everything. That's all the good news I can think of. The product itself just sat on top of my skin. Kind of gave me the same look as putting powder on top of moisturizer before it has had time to sink in. Yuck! Something like a goo--to--goo/powder foundation. I took it back for a refund. Also as a side note, I think that the color runs a little lighter than expected which of course didn't help either.

on 1/28/2009 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe the hate "books" that people are writing about this product. I love it! It's creamy, soft, and sets well (but not in lines and wrinkles) around the eyes. It's worth a try for someone 40+ years of age with combination-dry skin. I paid $15.00, which I thought was kind of high for a drugstore brand, but everything is going up in price and it's still cheaper than going to a department store.

on 1/28/2009 11:02:00 AM

I know people hate the packaging of this, what with the clumsy twist off cap but it is kind of nice to have the foundation and the sponge self-contained for my purse (the applicator sponge in housed in the bottom). I did the same thing as everyone else; I bought the light color I was used to buying with other foundations and when I put it on I looked like one of the vampires in Twilight. But Ulta refunded my money and the next shade was a perfect match. I really like the coverage and consistency so I'd say this is a good foundation for older skin.

on 1/26/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging wasn't that hard for me to figure out how to work - but I'm a pretty analytical person. I also agree the pkg colors are too light for the actual product I'm Asian and I first bought 230 Warm Beige - way too light and then I bought 245 - Classic Beige - pretty right on for my skin tone. I did not take back the 230 -Warm Beige - I use it as a highlighter for under my eyes and create a line down my nose and blend it w/ the 245 Classic Beige.

I used to use Bare Minerals and Pur - but now that I'm getting older - I don't like how it enhances the wrinkles - thought this cream base was a better for reducing the visibility of wrinkles! Makes the skin look dewey rather than dried out.

on 1/26/2009 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this product. I have a very hard time keeping my extremely dry skin hydrated without over doing it. I have tried almost everything out there. This really makes my skin look smooth and I no longer worry about moisturizing. Holds up through long days. You do need to go a shade or two darker than usual. Great coverage. I have been a member on this site for a while now and this is the first product to make me feel compelled to write a review.

editing: after a few days of wearing it, it really did start to look aweful out in the daylight and showed off every pore. It was better when I wet the sponge but still not real happy with product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Either you love this product or hate it. No in betweens.

I actually really like this product, despite the horrible packaging. Twisting it upside down? First of all, I'm no idiot, but it took me forever to figure out how to open this darn thing. But at least it is compact.

I have the color soft honey since I'm olive toned and usually tan.
Even though I have oily skin, it works. The coverage is good and it goes on silky smooth.

It doesn't last too long though....for a cheapy, it can used as a good concealer, and I duest my minerals on top.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am surprised by the hate for this foundation. It's not HG, but then again, I prefer liquids. I will say that it's the best creme foundation I have ever used;) I usually wear the lightest shade in CG, 205 Ivory. But I went w/ 210 b/c of the Olay. The shade is a nice match. I don't like the included sponge, so I use my own disposable wedge. I dampen that w/ water, then apply the creme. (This keeps me from applying too thick). It gives smooth, even medium coverage. I don't find it to be drying at all (much unlike L'Oreal's craptastic new creme). I use this when I am in a hurry, and don't want to put much effort into my makeup. The container is fine, imo. But I can see why some would prefer a flip-top instead of a twist-off. *Edit: I ended up getting the 205 to mix w/ 210 for a better match. Hope they tweak the colors and improve the packaging....

on 1/18/2009 2:37:00 PM

This is the worst. Very drying foundation, but it's supposed to be for dry mature skin.

on 1/14/2009 9:51:00 PM

I have been wearing the lightest shade of Cover Girl foundation since I was 15, 27 years ago, so I assumed it would suit me in this. Girls, it is WHITE. Kabuki theatre, court of Louis IV, Dita Von Teese white. The formula is on the dry side of creamy and floats on top of the skin, which isn't bad, but it is very difficult to blend.

If I liked the formula enough, I would try to find a more suitable shade, but I think I will skip this one.