November 28, 2014 | 1495 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by love4dolphins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Either you love this product or hate it. No in betweens.

I actually really like this product, despite the horrible packaging. Twisting it upside down? First of all, I'm no idiot, but it took me forever to figure out how to open this darn thing. But at least it is compact.

I have the color soft honey since I'm olive toned and usually tan.
Even though I have oily skin, it works. The coverage is good and it goes on silky smooth.

It doesn't last too long though....for a cheapy, it can used as a good concealer, and I duest my minerals on top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am surprised by the hate for this foundation. It's not HG, but then again, I prefer liquids. I will say that it's the best creme foundation I have ever used;) I usually wear the lightest shade in CG, 205 Ivory. But I went w/ 210 b/c of the Olay. The shade is a nice match. I don't like the included sponge, so I use my own disposable wedge. I dampen that w/ water, then apply the creme. (This keeps me from applying too thick). It gives smooth, even medium coverage. I don't find it to be drying at all (much unlike L'Oreal's craptastic new creme). I use this when I am in a hurry, and don't want to put much effort into my makeup. The container is fine, imo. But I can see why some would prefer a flip-top instead of a twist-off. *Edit: I ended up getting the 205 to mix w/ 210 for a better match. Hope they tweak the colors and improve the packaging....

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by RedHighHeels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst. Very drying foundation, but it's supposed to be for dry mature skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Chiney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing the lightest shade of Cover Girl foundation since I was 15, 27 years ago, so I assumed it would suit me in this. Girls, it is WHITE. Kabuki theatre, court of Louis IV, Dita Von Teese white. The formula is on the dry side of creamy and floats on top of the skin, which isn't bad, but it is very difficult to blend.

If I liked the formula enough, I would try to find a more suitable shade, but I think I will skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by viajake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the color...not so great. the packaging...who cares? it's a bit heavy for me, so i used it as a concealer, which is fine

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Marj53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used CG Advanced Radiance in classic ivory for almost 2 years. It has Oil of Olay product in it too. I bought the Simply Ageless thinking that it must be better, and for mature skin.The color was pasty pale as I bought my regular classic ivory. The packaging is a nightmare as others stated. And I was not impressed at all. I did dust some of my mineral powder over this and blush to add some color but all in all it seemed drying to me, not extra moisturizing. I took it back last night for a refund. I'll stick with the Advanced Radiance as long as it is on the shelf as it looks very good and I just put it on, add some blush and am good to go. If I want more Oil of Olay I'll just buy a bottle and use it before I put on my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by kissormakeup

K. I admit the packaging completely is 100% without a doubt terrible with a cap T. I've been wearing Aquasmooth line from CG in the winter cuz their colors tend to run light. I use classic beige (none of the other CG colors work for me in summer). I use Clarin light reflecting foundation in #6 during summer months.

I decided to try this foundation cuz it was a new makeup (of course) being the makeup junkie and always looking for the next best thing I am VERY pleasantly surpised by this foundation. I have gotten numerous complements how I look like I'm glowing and how beautiful my skin looks (which has never happened to me before) so this makeup must be doing something right. It goes on flawlessly and does not settle into fine lines in my forehead and around my eyes.

Love Love Love this product!!!!!. I beleive it's also a treatment product which is great. Oh yes and it has an SPF of 20+. CG's R&D keep up the excellent work but please change the packaging cuz it &*^%'s!!!!

Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow..I am kind of surprised by the horrid reviews for this. I agree that the shade selection is way off and the packaging is AWFUL. Straight up the worst packaging ever. Whomever approved this should be fired. Pronto. It took me nearly 20 minutes, and a google search to figure out how to open the darn thing, and then had to use every ounce of strength I had to unscrew the lid. I was seconds from throwing the darn thing across the room.

Anyway, on to the product itself. I purchased Creamy Natural, and as everyone else has stated, it was lighter than normal, but for me it was not so bad that I couldn't get away with it after a little powder and bronzer. I have oily, acne prone skin. I am 35, but thankfully the oily skin has kept the fine lines from really popping up too much. I am all about prevention though, and looking younger, which is why this appealed to me. I am really, really happy with it. For me, it goes on smoothly and does what it claims by not sitting in pores or accentuating lines. My skin looks nearly flawless, which it is not, and on me does not look cakey at all. In fact, I am used to wearing EL Doublewear so this is more natural looking by far. I can't comment on staying power or breakouts just yet, as I have only worn it for a few hours last night and then put it on again just a few hours ago. So far, I am happy. I will update in a week or two.
UPDATE**1-11-09 I decided to go back to the store to find a darker shade. I exchanged my 220 creamy natural for 240 natural beige. The shade advisor thing is no help at all. This time, to my great surprise, the new one opened with ease. However, the shade is still a tad too light. Ugh. For reference, I am a MAC NC25, Laura Mericer Sunny Beige. BE mix of fairly light and medium beige. If this sounds like you, try going darker the natural beige.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by leustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm somewhat disappointed with this product. I had an awful time opening the container (in fact I cracked it in my attempt). I found that the shades run lighter than normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I wouldn't call this foundation positively brilliant, I wouldn't go as far as most reviewers went to pan it. In fact, the only serious objection I have is that it is celebrity-endorsed (I DESPISE celebrities; sue me). However, since I am also a makup junkie, I decided to give it a try. I will agree with all the other posters about the color. I bought Buff Beige, which usually works in every brand for me. But I was astonished at how pale it turned out. So I went and exchanged it for the next one up, and that worked. I tried it yesterday, on my regular face serum. I put some setting powder over it, as I usually do, and it was ok. Not HG, but not bad, either. I will use it for a bit longer and I will update. And yes, it is pricey for a DS product.

UPDATE: Ok, I've been using this for a week now. I combined it with the much-touted BeautyBlender sponge (you know, the pink egg) and I must say I am very pleased with the results. I wear a serum under the fdt and then, I blend the cream fdt on with the pink sponge (dry). I merely have to dust a bit of powder on top (my latest powder "crush" is on Smashbox's Halo Perfecting Powder ;) ), and I'm set for the day. Does it make my skin perfect? No. I have long since resigned myself to the fact that the only thing that makes a complexion look perfect is a perfect complexion. Sorry, my lovlies. Truth ain't always pleasant. But hey, I'll take the next best thing. And so far, I found that the next best thing is CG's Simply Ageless. At least for me, it's worked much better than some high end - and VERY expensive - fdts I've tried so far. Great coverage w/o the masky look. Not drying, not oily, either. So I'll stick to this baby ... at least, until I find something else that tickles my fdt "addiction" (something else I've resigned myself to - rolleyes).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No