August 21, 2014 | 990 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by RedHighHeels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst. Very drying foundation, but it's supposed to be for dry mature skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Chiney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing the lightest shade of Cover Girl foundation since I was 15, 27 years ago, so I assumed it would suit me in this. Girls, it is WHITE. Kabuki theatre, court of Louis IV, Dita Von Teese white. The formula is on the dry side of creamy and floats on top of the skin, which isn't bad, but it is very difficult to blend.

If I liked the formula enough, I would try to find a more suitable shade, but I think I will skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by viajake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the color...not so great. the packaging...who cares? it's a bit heavy for me, so i used it as a concealer, which is fine

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Marj53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used CG Advanced Radiance in classic ivory for almost 2 years. It has Oil of Olay product in it too. I bought the Simply Ageless thinking that it must be better, and for mature skin.The color was pasty pale as I bought my regular classic ivory. The packaging is a nightmare as others stated. And I was not impressed at all. I did dust some of my mineral powder over this and blush to add some color but all in all it seemed drying to me, not extra moisturizing. I took it back last night for a refund. I'll stick with the Advanced Radiance as long as it is on the shelf as it looks very good and I just put it on, add some blush and am good to go. If I want more Oil of Olay I'll just buy a bottle and use it before I put on my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by kissormakeup

K. I admit the packaging completely is 100% without a doubt terrible with a cap T. I've been wearing Aquasmooth line from CG in the winter cuz their colors tend to run light. I use classic beige (none of the other CG colors work for me in summer). I use Clarin light reflecting foundation in #6 during summer months.

I decided to try this foundation cuz it was a new makeup (of course) being the makeup junkie and always looking for the next best thing I am VERY pleasantly surpised by this foundation. I have gotten numerous complements how I look like I'm glowing and how beautiful my skin looks (which has never happened to me before) so this makeup must be doing something right. It goes on flawlessly and does not settle into fine lines in my forehead and around my eyes.

Love Love Love this product!!!!!. I beleive it's also a treatment product which is great. Oh yes and it has an SPF of 20+. CG's R&D keep up the excellent work but please change the packaging cuz it &*^%'s!!!!

Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow..I am kind of surprised by the horrid reviews for this. I agree that the shade selection is way off and the packaging is AWFUL. Straight up the worst packaging ever. Whomever approved this should be fired. Pronto. It took me nearly 20 minutes, and a google search to figure out how to open the darn thing, and then had to use every ounce of strength I had to unscrew the lid. I was seconds from throwing the darn thing across the room.

Anyway, on to the product itself. I purchased Creamy Natural, and as everyone else has stated, it was lighter than normal, but for me it was not so bad that I couldn't get away with it after a little powder and bronzer. I have oily, acne prone skin. I am 35, but thankfully the oily skin has kept the fine lines from really popping up too much. I am all about prevention though, and looking younger, which is why this appealed to me. I am really, really happy with it. For me, it goes on smoothly and does what it claims by not sitting in pores or accentuating lines. My skin looks nearly flawless, which it is not, and on me does not look cakey at all. In fact, I am used to wearing EL Doublewear so this is more natural looking by far. I can't comment on staying power or breakouts just yet, as I have only worn it for a few hours last night and then put it on again just a few hours ago. So far, I am happy. I will update in a week or two.
UPDATE**1-11-09 I decided to go back to the store to find a darker shade. I exchanged my 220 creamy natural for 240 natural beige. The shade advisor thing is no help at all. This time, to my great surprise, the new one opened with ease. However, the shade is still a tad too light. Ugh. For reference, I am a MAC NC25, Laura Mericer Sunny Beige. BE mix of fairly light and medium beige. If this sounds like you, try going darker the natural beige.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by leustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm somewhat disappointed with this product. I had an awful time opening the container (in fact I cracked it in my attempt). I found that the shades run lighter than normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I wouldn't call this foundation positively brilliant, I wouldn't go as far as most reviewers went to pan it. In fact, the only serious objection I have is that it is celebrity-endorsed (I DESPISE celebrities; sue me). However, since I am also a makup junkie, I decided to give it a try. I will agree with all the other posters about the color. I bought Buff Beige, which usually works in every brand for me. But I was astonished at how pale it turned out. So I went and exchanged it for the next one up, and that worked. I tried it yesterday, on my regular face serum. I put some setting powder over it, as I usually do, and it was ok. Not HG, but not bad, either. I will use it for a bit longer and I will update. And yes, it is pricey for a DS product.

UPDATE: Ok, I've been using this for a week now. I combined it with the much-touted BeautyBlender sponge (you know, the pink egg) and I must say I am very pleased with the results. I wear a serum under the fdt and then, I blend the cream fdt on with the pink sponge (dry). I merely have to dust a bit of powder on top (my latest powder "crush" is on Smashbox's Halo Perfecting Powder ;) ), and I'm set for the day. Does it make my skin perfect? No. I have long since resigned myself to the fact that the only thing that makes a complexion look perfect is a perfect complexion. Sorry, my lovlies. Truth ain't always pleasant. But hey, I'll take the next best thing. And so far, I found that the next best thing is CG's Simply Ageless. At least for me, it's worked much better than some high end - and VERY expensive - fdts I've tried so far. Great coverage w/o the masky look. Not drying, not oily, either. So I'll stick to this baby ... at least, until I find something else that tickles my fdt "addiction" (something else I've resigned myself to - rolleyes).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by mrsdarcy001

Ugh! What a waste! This product is poorly designed all the way around and way too expensive for a DS foundation, IMO. I am PPP and usually have trouble finding a DS foundation that is light enough. Alas, Ivory was too light for me, and I looked pale and pasty. Not attractive. This also did not live up to its claims that it would not settle into or accentuate pores and fine lines. I think what they meant is that it does not blend in at all, it just sits on top of your skin looking cake-y and gross. I wound up applying Studio Fix (NC15) over it and this CG product went in the trash. I could have had a MAC lippie or shadow for that money! Also, I had a few small whiteheads the day after using this. As others have mentioned, I also found it difficult to open and use this. I had to ask my Dad to unscrew the top and he had trouble with it! This is not worth it unless you truly are the fairest one of all and are seeking an almost pure white foundation. Otherwise, save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product in shade 225 Buff Beige which is the shade I normally buy in Cover Girl foundations. It went on too light and pasty looking. I was very disappointed as it was pricey for a DS product.