April 18, 2014 | 932 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Ugh.....Not worth the strategic energy it takes to open this poorly designed compact. I am fair skinned, and the ivory was much too light for me,,,, made me look in need of a blood transfusion. Forget applying it with the sponge that's included....that only makes it look like you smeared icing on your face, so I opted for a softer approach with my finger. I agree with others that you would need to step up a shade since it's swirled with the whiteness of oil of olay, and this product is cakey. Too bad since the concept of combining a foundation with oil of olay is really good. Save your money until they hopefully work out the kinks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by tjones86

I got the package open fine right after I bought it. Slightly confused over what shade because I don't usually use CoverGirl, but I love new stuff and I like creme. I like this makeup, covered well and was creme at first but quickly became dry and matte on my skin which is nice because the olay lotion felt a little watery when i was swirling my finger in it. Yeah, I use my finger to put it on and I thought it looked really nice. Slightly too much money for what I would like to pay for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by geekgrl

This was totally gross. I bought the lightest shade, which is called Ivory, because I'm PPP. Well, I applied this and it was extremely white. Not pale but white. I looked like a corpse. It was heavy and cakey and forget about trying to get the thing opened. It took 2 people to finally get it. The price is expensive for this junk. Don't bother to buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by k3honey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what to say what to say, i was really excited about trying this product. it was bogof at riteaid so i wasnt at loss, i still hope i can return it though. the color that i assume to be my skin tone, was lighter than it actually was, as everyone stated. i could open one of the foundation with ease, while the other one was hard as a rock and wouldnt budge. i did finally get it open. after that i used my 188-dup a small stippling brush, smoothed it on my face, it looks REALLY nice and smooth. i tried a small area first, then i applied my whole face, and when i was done, i looked like a cake! it was horrible cakey and heavy looking. although it didnt feel quite that heavy. i have oily skin and this left it very very dry looking. it was verry weird. i might try another application method or try to put as little on as possible or something!!! idk what to do...ill try it out again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I have nothing good to say about the foundation other than the fact that Ellen Degeneres is the spokesmodel. As other reviewers have said, the compact is difficult to open and then you're left with 2 disconnected pieces that make it unwieldy to use, especially for touch ups.Also, there's no mirror in the compact! I found that the coverage was not good and it was streaky and there is no way to really tell which color is right for you at the store because the color names in no way relate to those of other CG foundations. The white swirl of Olay also makes it difficult. I want to take this back to CVS for a refund if my store will allow it. Don't waste your time or money on this one. If you want something similar that has a BRILLIANT compact, good coverage and age minimizers, buy Maybelline Age Rewind compact foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by JillMarie77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fairly dry skin and feel like this formula does not work especially well for me. I would recommend going one shade darker than you think you need because I think the Olay swirl lightens it some. I bought the Ivory and am trying to mix it with my Natural Ivory Advanced Radiance to darken it some, so it won't be a total loss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product and I thought the ads with Ellen DeGeneris were really attractive photos. I stood in front of the display at CVS for twenty minutes, trying to figure out which shade would be best for me (NW20) and I settled on Classic Ivory 210 which turned out to be way way too pale for me. The next darker shade, Natura Ivory, looked too yellowy to me, and Creamy Natural 220 was way too pink. The sunscreen in this product is titanium dioxide, and a heavy dose of it. That ingredient tends to counteract any moisturizing properties or ingredients, it turns super dry on my skin. Unfortunately you can't see the ingredient list unless you peel off the over-label on the back. I applied the foundation with my clean beautyblender because I use it for all of my foundations. The Simply Ageless seemed creamy enough in the compact (which was almost impossible to open, I had to wrap rubber bands around it to get it to unscrew!) but it was hard to blend out, and gripped really fast on my skin. Within seconds I could see it was turning matte on me and accenting every pore and line on my face. I re-tried it with a good primer underneath, my Borghese Prima Viso, and still it was too matte for me, even the primer did not help. I still saw pores and lines. I'm returning this to CVS. A tester unit would have helped me to decide in-store that this product would not suit me. I am pretty sure that I'm the target consumer for this product in terms of my age and skin type, and because of that and in as much fairness as I can judge, I have to say, it's a failure.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the titanium SPF, which is an actual UVA spf. the foundation feels very light, which is nice, but separates easily. It is difficult to get good foundation with titanium. Titanium rises to the surface of the skin with oils and separates. I've come across 1 or 2 good titanium based foundations. I think that is why most companies use octinoxate (UVB only) in foundations. It has to be well formulated. This separated too early in the day to keep even with setting powder. The colors were a little too pinky for me also. I tried Buff beige, which was the warmest in my color arena, but my face still looked pinker than my yellow toned neck. It is going back today.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by briannacollettesapp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this shade at walmart in the soft honey, because that was the darkest shade they had....it seemed alright in the jar, so i decided to purchase it. it's creamy, blends well, and i love the fact that it has SPF & regenerist serum in it......HOWEVER, it is a tad lighter than it seems. perhaps due to the white serum swirl in the foundation? will be repurchasing, but in a darker shade. i suggest you get one shade darker than you think you need = )

ALSO: it's horrible to open the first time. hold the purple lid/sponge compartment firmly and twist the foundation jar to the left.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by leslie2959

YUK! I really liked the Cover Girl Advance Radiance in the cream fomula, and I thought this was supposed to be an upgrade since they're discontinuing the other. This settled into every pore and line.
I thought maybe I could use it for a concealer and go back to my aromaleigh - it didn't do well with that task either!
The packaging is horrible - was definitely too difficult to open.
Don't waste your time or your money on this one!!