September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by serialthrilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This costs a small fortune, and the packaging is awful, but it's worth every penny. This has done incredible things for my thick, dry, coarse, naturally curly hair. It takes half the time to blowdry and straighten my hair, and just a few drops keeps my style frizz-free for days. If you're intimidated by the pricetag, pick up the smaller 25mL bottle. You only need a teeny tiny amount, and even that tiny bottle will likely last you months. If you've ever been frustrated by frizzy, dull, or hard-to-straighten hair, you NEED this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by oliviamorgan88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has proven to be a great moisturizer for my long, fine hair. I apply a tiny, I mean TINY amount to the ends (about halfway down) of my hair post-towel drying pre-blow drying. I do enjoy the smell of this product and find that the scent doesn't last very long. I have been using this product for about 6 months now and I haven't put a large dent in the container.
The container is the only problem with this product. Packaging is always a seller, and this product certainly wouldn't sell itself without the hype around it. The hideous orange and blue label with the screw-top lid on a glass bottle leaves a lot to desire.
Overall, the product is a good one, and worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Natalieoooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it is very hard to find a product to help with damaged hair, but for me this has worked the best so far. I get the japanese hair straightening about once a year and this has dried out my hair a lot. I used to use the Kerastase leave in oil and that worked well for a while but I just find the Moroccan oil works a lot better and is a MUCH better price. It is $50 per bottle but has lasted ages so far! I highly recommend this product. It is definitely worth a try :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Elektro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product! ....Except the packaging is terrible.

I apply it to damp yet towel dried hair before blow drying. I have long hair and only apply this about halfway down and pay extra attention to the ends of my hair. I put some on my bangs too since they like to frizz up. I find that this stuff keeps my hair looking freshly cut every day and minimizes my split ends. My hair has a nice shine to it, and since i avoid the roots i never have a problem with oiliness and heaviness. I bought my original bottle in august and i still have half left.

On to the packaging....mine is the full size glass bottle with a twist cap. I guess the quality of the glass is good since i've dropped it and it hasn't broken. BUT i HATE the lid! I hate pouring it into my hand and sometimes getting too much cuz there's absolutely no flow control! Maybe there's a pump or something that i dont know about.... oh and i never bring this stuff travelling, the lid leaks and i've gotten this stuff on my clothes because of it.

Definite repurchase even though the packaging sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wonderful product. I add some of this to towel dried hair just before blowdrying. It reduces drying time and leaves my hair silky smooth. They have now added a pump to the bottle, which is so much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My sister loves the smell of the moroccan oil. To be honest, some people either love it or hate it. For me, I don't particularly like it.

Basically, this product aims to moisturize your hair ends without it being crunchy, oily, or leave residue on your hands. It's quite amazing how easily my hair absorbs the oil, as if it's a serum. I use about 2 pumps on my hair. My sister on the other hand uses 4 pumps and you will notice the difference. A 100mL bottle will last you approximately 3-6 months depending on your usage.

So does it really treat your hair over the long run? I'm not too sure if it really does. I suppose it will prevent split ends, but it won't do much to chemically processed hair that is severely depleted of keratin/protein. You will still need regular protein treatments and a leave-in conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Azizeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this oil. I get The Brazilian Blowout done on my hair. It isn't curly, but it's thick with the individual strands being fine. The problem with my hair is the texture. Without a flat iron, it is fluffy. Humidity does the same thing, and I live on the beach.

I hated The Brazilian Blowout products, and am trying to keep my hair moisturized so I can grow it longer. I can add this oil to my hair many times a day and it is never weighed down, never looks or feels greasy. Love the smell and my hair is so shiny. Recommend the whole line.

I do have to wash my hands very carefully afterwards, otherwise the product will be stuck to my skin. Only improvement would be if it came in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by melanwal

I bought the moroccan oil products recently from a local beauty supply outlet and absolutely love them. I use the shampoo and conditioner. I have been dying my hair for years and have tried many different salon quality shampoo and department store brands. I have to say that this is by far my favourite product yet. My hair smells amazing, has more shine and seems all together more manageable. I also find that I don't have to wash my hair as frequently. It is a bit pricey for the size of bottle you get but you only need a small amount. You get a lot of bang for your buck. I really thought this was going to be another product that I would use and not be overly impressed with but I was completely wrong. I love it and will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

My hair loves this product so I only have good things to say. I love the smell. But, it makes my hair feel silky without the greasiness. I have oily hair and if I don't wash it everyday, I will have very oily and dirty hair before lunch. After washing my hair at night, my hair gets about a dime size and I start at the ends and work the rest thru. My hair smells clean all day and super soft and shiny. Many of my coworkers have complimented on how beautiful and healthy my hair is and that's good enough for me. I had used up two of the small bottles and purchased the big size two weeks ago. I will continue to use MoroccanOil for as long as they keep making it. Oh, yeah, no split ends...just silky, shiny hair. Who can say no to that?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by candass23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of the product, but I find it does nothing for my hair other then make it smell good. I don't feel it protects from heat. I"ve been using it for about a week and have not noticed any difference, if anything I feel my ends are more damaged from heat then when I started using it. Does not stop frizz, or help in straightening.