September 17, 2014 | 1391 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by facadeindreams

It's not my HG kabuki, but I definitely use it when on the go or if all my favorite brushes are being washed. Like everyone else has said, it's very soft and dense enough to give good foundation coverage! The only downside is that it's hard to find at stores so get it when you see it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mai1978

It doesn't shed, and it is the softest brush I've ever used. I bought it for nine dollars and I will be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There's not much more that needs to be said about EcoTools brushes. Add me to the roster of EcoTools Fanatics! The Retractable Kabuki Brush is always in my handbag for powder touchups and buffing on the go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the last brush I was able to find on my search to get all of the Ecotools brushes. I was going to get that really expensive Too Faced retractable kabuki when I felt how incredibly soft it was. Well, I didn't get the Too Faced brush because this one is just as soft, and 1/3 the price. The brush has a sleek aluminum casing that closes nicely and retracts easlily. It has the same uber-soft taklon bristles as the other Ecotools. Picks up just enough powder to fluff on for touch ups. It's always in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I said no to buying it again because I have enough kabukis. I bought this because I was frustrated with my Posh kabuki always leaving black hairs all over my face. This brush does not shed, but it isn't as dense as my Posh kabuki and thus doesn't buff mineral makeup in as well, so one lippie off for that. Otherwise it is extremely soft (even softer than the Posh) and would work well for loose powder application. It is also a good brush for travel as it is retractable and so that may be where I will use it as I'm kind of happy with my loose powder brush from Essence of Beauty. My other kabuki is Essence of Beauty and it sheds blonde hairs all over my face, but is also denser than this one, although scratchier than my Posh kabuki.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is for my on the go make up touches when I'm in a rush. Because the MAC 182 isn't very portable I bought this due to the reviews. Lolz it lives up to the MAC 182 but I wouldn't say it can replace the brush easily. I would say this is a great brush for the beginners who are just starting out and do not want to fork the extra cash for the MAC because the 182 is really expensive lolz.

Have I mentioned how darn SOFT this is? :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by GrillaGracie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After decades of searching for brushes that do not leave hairs on the face, I bought Ecotools, thanks to this website. I think I've died and gone to heaven! I don't care if you spend $200 on a brush, you will never find any better than these. Thought I might not like them because they might be too soft. No so. They feel so wonderful--euphoric!!! I have confidence when out in public knowing that I have no bits of bristles on my face. I've figured out what my natural life span should be and will now buy enough brushes to last me that long--in case they stop making them. Can you tell that I love, love, love these brushes?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MISHA5150

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i was browsing through different beauty blogs and ran into a review on eco tools brushes and after reading the reviews on this site, i just had to go to the local longs drugs store and see if they carried this brand there and sure enough, they had the retractable kabuki brush in stock!! since it was the last one, i just had to get it and with my nephews discount, i happily skipped away paying a little over $5 for it!! i went home and applied some foundation on and was amazed at how incredibly soft the brush felt against my skin!! OMG!!! my foundation went on pretty nice and even and i am very happy that i got this instead of the mac kabuki that i had my eye on. its also 100% natural and animal cruelty free!!! great find and great brand!!! HG from now on!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by stacybroc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I found the reviews for this brush! It's soft, doesn't shed, and applies my mineral makeup just fine. I pitched my BE kabuki right away. It was so scratchy. I've since bought the Ecotools blush brush and mineral brush (for applying the veil) and they're good too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I am so glad I got this brush. It's soft and dense enough to apply my powder foundation. The application is amazing, I really like the results. I think its inexpensive for the quality of the brush. I have washed it a few times and it has kept its shape, no shedding. Great find!