December 18, 2014 | 1191 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by atsugari

I've never bought anything so environmentally friendly before for makeup. This brush is so awesome and soft. At first I was seriously considering getting the Too Faced retractable kabuki after reading reviews here I decided to get this one. It was made of synthetic hairs and very soft and dense. I never thought I can get a good quality kabuki brush for less than $30. This is it!! It applies my mineral foundation flawlessy works better than the bare essentials "scratchuki" brush. Very travel friendly which why I love it!! I would repurchase again.

Packaging is the best I've ever seen even, the pouch used to hold the brush is reusable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Add me to the list of fans of EcoTools brushes! I have all of the other EcoTools brushes and I absolutely love them. They're all soft, Taklon bristles that are uber-soft and do not shed. The retractable Kabuki is no exception and I was thrilled when it became available at Walgreens. I love the fact that you can retract the brush depending upon the application that you want. Give this a try if you're looking for a portable Kabuki with its own case and cover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

LOOOOVE this brush!!! It is sooooo soft and love that its retractable so you can throw it in your purse. Get it if you see it!!!

Ps. Person below me, are you retracting the bristles back into the handle before putting the cap on? You dont put the cap over the bristles! :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

I love this brush! Its so fluffy and SOFT. Feels expensive. Applies my powder evenly. Picks up product well. Looks cute. Just love it. Short but sweet. This review.....Not....Yeah.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for $7.99 usd to use with my Bare Naturale foundation in place of the horrid built-in brush. This is my first Ecotools brush and I am absolutely in love with it. I want them all now! I have never felt anything so soft and I can't wait to put on my makeup with it every day. It makes buffing and blending effortless. If anything ever happens to this one I will absolutely purchase another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I love this brush. I bought this to use with my MAC Mineralize pressed powder because that compact does not come with an applicator and it is best applied with a kabuki according to my SA.

I paid $11 CAD for this at London Drugs which is very very cheap for a retractable Kabuki brush. I love that I can put this in my purse and I don't have to worry about the bristles being squashed in my purse.

What I love about Ecotools brushes are the synthetic bristles. They are very high quality and in my opinion, are the same quality as expensive brushes for a fraction of the price. I own every brush that Ecotools makes and I use them everyday. They never shed and their brushes distribute product very evenly. There are no splotches and the bristles do not scratch. Also, they are low maintenance and easy to clean. They do not need shampoo like regular hair brushes.

When I use this to apply my MAC Mineralize powder, I get very even coverage and it gives me an airbrushed look.

This brush is very comparable to the Too Faced Kabuki brush which sells for $33 at Sephora, except that the bristles are not as dense as the Too Faced one. My only complaint about the product is that the metal casing is a bit flimsy and cheap. However, for $11 I can't complain. I will continue to purchase and buy another one to put in my other purses.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by facadeindreams

It's not my HG kabuki, but I definitely use it when on the go or if all my favorite brushes are being washed. Like everyone else has said, it's very soft and dense enough to give good foundation coverage! The only downside is that it's hard to find at stores so get it when you see it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mai1978

It doesn't shed, and it is the softest brush I've ever used. I bought it for nine dollars and I will be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There's not much more that needs to be said about EcoTools brushes. Add me to the roster of EcoTools Fanatics! The Retractable Kabuki Brush is always in my handbag for powder touchups and buffing on the go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the last brush I was able to find on my search to get all of the Ecotools brushes. I was going to get that really expensive Too Faced retractable kabuki when I felt how incredibly soft it was. Well, I didn't get the Too Faced brush because this one is just as soft, and 1/3 the price. The brush has a sleek aluminum casing that closes nicely and retracts easlily. It has the same uber-soft taklon bristles as the other Ecotools. Picks up just enough powder to fluff on for touch ups. It's always in my purse.