Ecotools retractable kabuki

4.6

on 4/23/2009 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Very very good substitute for my mac 182. I purchased this after i got my beloved 182 and would trade neither for the other. It is dirt cheap and it does a great job of distributing powder evenly across my face for more coverage for example if i am applying my studiofix powder. I have yet to experiment with other brushes from this line but will shortly as i love variety even if i have the same brushes in another brand, highly recommend.

I have the too faced kabuki which i adore, but i wanted to get this as well. They are very much alike aside from the way they look, and i believe TF one has longer bristles. I actually find myself liking this one more at times it seems a lil fluffier? it applied power wonderfully and is heavenly soft. I love the retractable aspect of it since i can put it anywhere knowing it is safe. I rotate between my TF one and Ecotools one since they do take longer to dry (TF takes way longer). IF u r thinking about buying the TF one or this one i say save yourself the extra 18 $s and get this one since the pretty flowers on the TF one will soon b gone :)
I LOVVVEEEE ecotools SOOO much :)

on 4/15/2009 11:41:00 PM

This brush is fantastic! The best drugstore brush I have ever used, and better than most high-end brushes I have used.

EDIT: I've had to reduce my rating of this brush because the last two that I have bought broke immediately after purchase. The quality has been reduced and I've stopped buying them.

This brush is dense and very soft. The density and light weight of the brush give the user a lot of control- you can pick up a small or large amount of product, as you choose. The dense bristles are the softest I have ever felt on any kabuki, but they have body and a firm consistency overall. I also like the retractable feature.

As soon as I got it home I used it to apply some MAC Studio Fix. I chose to pick up only a small amount of product, and the brush gave me perfectly smooth, even, translucent coverage. It was very quick an easy- no endless buffing.

My only criticism of the brush itself is that the brush head is a little small; I think a slightly larger size would be better for applying powder. But it's still a great brush and the size makes it versatile- it's not too big to use for blush or bronzer.

I rated this as "dirt cheap" because it was only $10 and the quality is amazing. It is far superior to comparably-priced brands like Essence of Beauty. The packaging was not great- removing the brush was somewhat difficult and unless done carefully, could damage the bristles. But I don't think packaging is very important in this case as the brush is retractable and has a cover.

Overall I am pleased with this brush and would purchase it again.

on 4/12/2009 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely cannot express how awesome this brush is. Buffing is a breeze and applying powders is so, SO easy. The hairs are super soft and dense, and you can just chuck this brush into your bag since it's retractable, which is AWESOME. Just love love love this brush! Will definately repurchase if something happens to my current one.

on 4/8/2009 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never bought anything so environmentally friendly before for makeup. This brush is so awesome and soft. At first I was seriously considering getting the Too Faced retractable kabuki after reading reviews here I decided to get this one. It was made of synthetic hairs and very soft and dense. I never thought I can get a good quality kabuki brush for less than $30. This is it!! It applies my mineral foundation flawlessy works better than the bare essentials "scratchuki" brush. Very travel friendly which why I love it!! I would repurchase again.

Packaging is the best I've ever seen even, the pouch used to hold the brush is reusable.

on 4/7/2009 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Add me to the list of fans of EcoTools brushes! I have all of the other EcoTools brushes and I absolutely love them. They're all soft, Taklon bristles that are uber-soft and do not shed. The retractable Kabuki is no exception and I was thrilled when it became available at Walgreens. I love the fact that you can retract the brush depending upon the application that you want. Give this a try if you're looking for a portable Kabuki with its own case and cover.

on 4/3/2009 4:36:00 PM

LOOOOVE this brush!!! It is sooooo soft and love that its retractable so you can throw it in your purse. Get it if you see it!!!

Ps. Person below me, are you retracting the bristles back into the handle before putting the cap on? You dont put the cap over the bristles! :o)

on 3/28/2009 3:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this brush! Its so fluffy and SOFT. Feels expensive. Applies my powder evenly. Picks up product well. Looks cute. Just love it. Short but sweet. This review.....Not....Yeah.

on 3/25/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this for $7.99 usd to use with my Bare Naturale foundation in place of the horrid built-in brush. This is my first Ecotools brush and I am absolutely in love with it. I want them all now! I have never felt anything so soft and I can't wait to put on my makeup with it every day. It makes buffing and blending effortless. If anything ever happens to this one I will absolutely purchase another.

on 3/24/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush. I bought this to use with my MAC Mineralize pressed powder because that compact does not come with an applicator and it is best applied with a kabuki according to my SA.

I paid $11 CAD for this at London Drugs which is very very cheap for a retractable Kabuki brush. I love that I can put this in my purse and I don't have to worry about the bristles being squashed in my purse.

What I love about Ecotools brushes are the synthetic bristles. They are very high quality and in my opinion, are the same quality as expensive brushes for a fraction of the price. I own every brush that Ecotools makes and I use them everyday. They never shed and their brushes distribute product very evenly. There are no splotches and the bristles do not scratch. Also, they are low maintenance and easy to clean. They do not need shampoo like regular hair brushes.

When I use this to apply my MAC Mineralize powder, I get very even coverage and it gives me an airbrushed look.

This brush is very comparable to the Too Faced Kabuki brush which sells for $33 at Sephora, except that the bristles are not as dense as the Too Faced one. My only complaint about the product is that the metal casing is a bit flimsy and cheap. However, for $11 I can't complain. I will continue to purchase and buy another one to put in my other purses.

Popular Makeup Brushes