Ecotools retractable kabuki

4.6

i LOVEE how soft and dense the bristles are. The only complaint is that I can tell the metal part is really cheap since i only had this brush for about a month, only use it once a week when I go out (dont normally wear any make up) and the metal part is already getting pretty scratched. I guess they are trying to use recycled materials but wuts the point when the end result is the product gets banged up so easily? However the bristles are FABULOUS. if you want an awesome brush for a cheap price buy this! just be gentle with the casing

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a purse staple. I use it for on the go powder touch ups. The lid keeps the bristles protected while it's being knocked around in my travel bag. It is one of the softest brushes I own. It is perfect a buffing brush for a polished look. I haven't experienced any shedding, and it has kept its shape nicely through several washings. My only qualm is that sometimes the retractable bit gets stuck, and it takes alot of manipulating to get it to move. For the price this is a must have.

I've been using this brush for several months and I adore it. It is so wonderfully soft, and leaves a nice finish when I apply my makeup. I have had no issues with shedding either. I own other Ecotools brushes that I also love. I reread some of the reviews and I am pleased to see that this kabuki works well with mineral makeup, because I just started with mineral makeup.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This little kabuki brush is soooo dang soft!! I take off one lippie b/c I wish it was bigger..but other than that, it is very awesome! Much much better than Coastal Scent's pink kabuki brush I must say. It glides on your face..and I believe it's taklon bristles. I love the packaging as well. The bristles can't be damaged and it's so versatile. You can use it for mineral foundation, powders, blushes, bronzers, etc. Very travel friendly & easy to fit into your purse! I can definitely see myself just carrying this one brush & my 217 on a night out and I'm good to go for touch ups :)

The fact that this product is eco-friendly, ridiculously soft, insanely cheap and readily available at common stores like Target and Walgreens is very very impressive to me.

My Mom was using the awful Bare Escentuals brush that comes with the Bare Minerals kit and it is scratchy and awful! So at Target I figured we would pick up a nice Sonia Kashuk one but upon looking at her kabuki, I realized that this one was not only much softer but way more affordable! Not only that but it is the perfect density of bristles and I love that it has a longer handle than the tiny kabuki brushes because I feel like you get more control over application.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing value for the price! I had been considering the Lancome Mineral Foundation brush after reading the reviews for it, but when I felt these side by side, I could NOT tell a difference in how soft they were! Bonus that the EcoTools one is retractable in a recycled aluminum case so the bristles stay protected and it's great for travel. The Lancome one? Pfft! Unnecessarily long handle for a 'buki style brush and no means of protecting the bristles. Not travel friendly or as hygenic. Is it soft? Heck, yeah, but why spend $30 when you can spend $10 for the same softness and quality? At that price you can get separate ones for your bronzer and blush, or a backup for travel?
My Lancome lemming has successfully been killed. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

super soft! i loved eco tools so much i went ahead and bought everything they had at rite aid.....helps that they had a bogo sale that week! the retractable kabuki is so cute...and so soft! good packaging, well priced, AND eco friendly.....10 stars!

i also have the powder brush, the blush brush, and the six and five piece kits, in addition to their foundation brush, eye shader brush, and some of their bath products....i'm so excited about eco tools!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

You seriously have to feel this brush. It's so soft that it feels weird in my face. It's $9.99 and it's a better brush and sturdier than the $28.50 Too Faced retractable kabuki.

I couldn't find it at Target or Ulta and had to go to two Walgreens before I found one, and it wasn't in their computer and they said it might be discontinued. It's still on Walgreens website, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love the density and the softeness of the bristles! Way better than my old Sephora kabuki brush. The bristles are just stiff enough to place my blush exactly where I want it to go, without creating a weird "spot" of blush. Nice for buffing out the edges, as well. I wish Ecotools made a greater variety of brushes!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just got this brush from Target and I'm very impressed. I owned the Bare Minerals Kabuki brush and a mini version from the B.M. compact kit and its hairs were rough compared with this Ecotools kabuki. I would also like to add that the hairs on this bad boy are even softer than the ones on the $53 dollar Shiseido Powder brush. Yes I said it. It's wonderful for buffing on loose or pressed powder. I love the versatility of it, like someone else mentioned I find that I am able to utilize it well because it can retract I can control how narrow the brush can be and focus on the areas that can be hard to reach. Sweet. This brush is just too good. Get one!

Popular Makeup Brushes