October 22, 2014 | 900 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2008 6:29:00 AM More reviews by got_pink

i don't feel like this mascara is anything special and i've tried a lot of mascaras. but then again, i'm not such a big fan of diorshow either. it's a good daytime mascara, but this definitely won't give you the falsie-lash look like i hoped... unless you already have naturally thick lashes. this lengthens like a dream though, but i rather have a mascara that both thickens and lengthens. even trying it over my beloved shiseido mascara base did nothing for me. i still prefer shiseido;s lift mascara for everyday and lancome's fatale for dramatic evening. i wanted to love this so badly too...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jpena1980

This is the best mascara that I have ever used. I typically can get small dark circles after wearing mascara all day even with waterproof and poof...they are gone with this mascara. It gives you a very glamorous look to your eyes and really gives length and richness. It can be pricey but I think it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by hajra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this mascara yesterday and all i can say its the best!!!!!!!!! it really does make ur lashes look long and curley, however the thickness isnt as good as the normal diorshow mascara but if you will appy a few extra coats it might do so, it gives a lovely false lash look and my eyelashes were almost touching my eyebrows i love this mascara and would again :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 10:07:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great Mascara ....... I have always been on the quest for the "perfect" mascara (still looking) and have tried so many over the years however, only three have truly been what I consider great and Diorshow Iconic is one of them. I also use currently YSL faux-cils which gives me a beautiful dramatic eye, however, while CD Iconic's mascara is not so dramatic as compared to YSL, unfortunately YSL does dry out fast, and this makes re-purchasing very pricey throughout the year.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Tabusmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara was my birthday splurge. It definitely gave me long dramatic lashes with just one coat. It was not thick or clumpy and it still looked good at the end of a long humid day. It washed off surprisingly easy with eye makeup remover. I did still use my eye lash curler with it and probably will continue to do so. The only complaint I really have is that it didn't separate my lashes as well as I'd hoped - I had to comb through them with my lash comb. Overall I am not disappointed and will probably buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Honey_pot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I looked at this new Dior mascara, the first thing I thought was "they copied Chanel Inimitable".
However, as I really loved the subtle finish of Inimitable since the first stroke, I decided I had to try Dior's version to see if it was as good as Chanel and also to check if that soft twist Dior made to its brush made any difference at all.
Well, I do not know if it's that soft twist, or if it's rather the formula or maybe both, but it DOES make the difference!
I already have long lashes (tips are blond so I need mascara to let them show) and they're rather curly on their own, but as I do not like lashes to look fake unless I'm looking for a dramatic look for a special occasion, I generally avoid mascaras that add too much volume.
Diorshow Iconic really adds lenght and nicely curls your lashes, but sill looks very natural. What really surprised me, actually, was the exceprional lenght it added. It was almost like wearing my SU False Lashes # S217, but thy looked so NATURAL!
If you're lloking for lenght with a natural finish, you'll love this mascara! Definitely my new HG

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an exceptional mascara and few people will be disappointed. Amazingly, it curls as well as an eyelash curler and the curl remains all day. However, this means that you really cannot use an eyelash curler with it, or you will look like Betty Boop. It give incredibly long, defined and thick lashes and if you have long or thick lashes to begin with, it will give too fake and theatrical a look for daytime, unless you hold back with the multiple coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by lpe1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is THE ONE mascara for me. God knows how long I've been trying to find the perfect one - I end up disappointed every time but not this time. This mascara has a perfect length for the short eyelashes on the sides and the perfect brush (I heard it's been "engineered" and designed for best results).
The packaging is very pretty in silver but what a hefty price tag! The consistency is very liquid so I had to use it carefully and made sure it dried before putting on the next layer.
The packaging did not mention waterproof but I am very happy with the staying power. I usually do my makeup at about 7 am before work and using the combination of the Dior Forever Range together with this mascara - everything stayed in place until after dinner the same night. The mascara did not smudge or leave black under-eye rings.
I applied about two layers of mascara and I instantly had superb long, thick and soft eyelashes (I have very sparse and thin eyelashes). I so very happy with this product and I even got complimented for having "beautiful bright eyes" by a total stranger at the restaurant that night. Way to go Dior! Keep up the good work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh dear. I'm sad to report that I absolutely LOVE this ridiculously expensive mascara. LOL For reference, my lashes are naturally long, dark (except the tips) and straight. For day to day wear, I look for a mascara that appears natural on me. I don't want too much volume unless it's a special occasion (Chanel Inimitable is nice for this). After curling my lashes with my Elf curler I apply one coat of this and bam - beautiful, long, dark lashes. And miracle of miracles - this mascara really curls! The curl stays put ALL DAY. I have zero issues with smudging or flaking. This is a truly wonderful product. If you want volume, I don't recommend it, but if you want length, curl and definition - you MUST try Diorshow Iconic!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Adinuscha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a fan of Diorshow Blackout because of the huge wand which made it difficult for me to apply it to my lashes only - without ruining the eyeshadow on my eyelid! Also, Blackout didn't curl either. But, guess what? I LOVE Diorshow Iconic because of its wand with soft, cleverly-placed bristles: it lengthens and gives amazing curl! It doesn't clump and lasts day&night although it's not waterproof. The lashes are easily coated and they're left soft the touch.

I've got very fine lashes, medium length I guess, which could do with a thickening mascara. Iconic might not thicken like others, but it does so much to my lashes and it looks so classy & dramatic at the same time, that I absolutely love it!

Just as a reference, mascaras that didn't have much effect on me: Maybelline Great Lash, No 7 360, No 7 Great Lash, Estee Lauder Illusionist, Diorshow Blackout. Of all the pre-Diorshow Iconic I ever owned, the one I liked was Clinique for Great Definition Lashes (the one with a comb included in the bristles). In my opinion, it's all in the brush!

So, if you've had similar experiences with me, it's very likely you'll really like Diorshow Iconic.