September 1, 2014 | 1050 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

$10 bucks for the all of those brushes?...awesome! The bristles are really soft and I have almost all the brushes I need in this one kit.

The storage bag is great except the brushes can fall out if tipped over.

Update: I have been using these brushes for a year now, washing them every other week and they have held up beautifully! Seriously, nothing has broken, the bristles are still soft and don't shed as you are using the brushes. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First: I've owned everybody's brushes over the years. Chanel, MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, NARS and on and on. And they are all fine but ridiculously expensive. I wanted synthetic brushes (easier to wash) that were not priced out of line. I love these brushes. They work well and are easy to keep clean. What more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews on here I decided to try these after seeing them at my local Ulta and I'm soooo glad I did! I highly recommend these to anyone who needs good brushes but doesn't want to spend a fortune. I find these just as good, if not better, than the more expensive brushes I've tried and they are DIRT CHEAP!!! I will never use the brow brush but the others are still worth the 15 dollar pricetag and I even had a 20% off coupon. The shadow brush is a little bit stiffer than I would like but it's still good and works very well. The blush brush is top notch along with eyeliner brush (my fave of the collection). Great set and there is even a cute fabric roll to store them in or use for travel. I can't say enough good about these and I'm so glad I found them!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by shelleezy

With the exception of some cheapie brushes, this is my first brush set and I'm so glad it was. It's soooo cheap, about $10 for 5 brushes, and it's great for newbies like me. SO SOFT, and makes makeup application so even. Some time in the future I know I'll want to upgrade to higher end brand brushes, but as for right now, I'll stick to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by jazzedbutterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Heres what you get: Blush brush, eyeliner brush, concealer brush, eye brow comb, and eye shadow blender.

Firstly, The eyeliner brush is AMAZING. You will not find a better eyeliner brush even if you pay 50 dollars for one. This eyeliner brush is amazing and perfect.

I also love the blush brush. It gives me a lot more precision that other brushes and it is super soft. I love it.

The concealer brush I have not tried.

The eye brow comb is SUPERB. Combs very well!!!

The Shadow blender is *okay* you might do better with a better shadow brush.

I have not tried the concealer brush.

But all of these brushes are super soft and super cute. No shedding either!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by judymomocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This set of brush is truely a godsend, amazing brushes with great price! After long search of perfect affordable brushes, these brushes are everything i wished for, super soft bristle, perfect sized handle and cheap! I used every brushes in the set and couldnt be thrilled by how wonderful every single brush is. The powder brush has good shape of bristle and sturdy handle that allow me to have better control during blush/powder application. Also loving the eye blending and concealer brushes, both are equally dense and soft, which works perfect for me as i cant blend with fluffy brushes. The eyeliner brush which is a huge bonus, the longer handle just make me have a sturdier hand to deal with gel liner. I cant wait to try out the other set that has the yummy kabuki brush, >3 Ecotools!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kn44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Based on the great reviews for these brushes on MUA, I went out and bought a set. I was really hoping that they would work as well for me but I was very disappointed. The bristles were actually too soft to effectively pick up and apply any power (eye shadow, translucent, etc). I returned them and will stick with my MAC brushes. It got a 2 instead of a 1 because they are environmentally friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by ArchieNJarhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I had to make a kick stop at Walgreens yesterday at the ATM and it wasn't working so I passed by the cosmetic isle to pick up any small item in order to get cash back. I picked up some wedge spoonges and as I did I saw the "6 piece set". I reached to feel the sample brush and I had to have it. However I walked away and went home. I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing these brushes felt so after work today I went in and bought them. I got them for $11.99, so decent price for some really great eco friendly brushes. I haven't used them yet but I did get home and wash them. I am pleased to inform you that there was no shedding at all. Can wait to update the review after I use them.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

thanks to this forum, i bought a retractable kabuki brush and absolutely love it. in fact, i loved it so much - i rushed to buy the 5-pc set.
well, there is nothing wrong with the set, but i already have better (though much more expensive) brushes. suprisingly, the one brush in a set that made all the difference for me, was a little eye liner brush.
i've been looking for ages for a brush like that. trish mcevoy used to make a similar brush, but it was since replaced with a scratchy, prickly and even more expensive one, which it totally unusable for sensitive eyes.
btw, the largest brush in my set is very soft on 1 side, but cut uneven and somewhat more prickly on the other. maybe it was just 1 bad set.
still, if you are starting your brush collection or looking for some great value - the price of the set cant be beat.
now, if these brushes will last as long as trish mcevoy - we got a real winner !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to echo the sentiments of this product! They are so soft! They certainly do the job. As a set, they are affordable. I bought my set at Rite-Aid (it was the last one!) for $10.99. That's completely doable. Do yourself a favor and add this to your brush collection. Plus, you'd be helping the environment.