September 16, 2014 | 1821 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this. If your looking for a brow wax or have perfect brows already and just like to fill them in a tiny bit this product might be for you but for anyone with sparse or not great brows this sucks. The tiny point seems like a good idea but in reality it just blows...looks super obviously drawn in and either has no pigment when you do light strokes or goes on way to dark and hideous if you use more pressure. I have no idea why I staryed, even for a moment, from my HG brow pencil Maybellibe Expert Eyes. This piece of crap is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

HG! I love this. The tip is thin enough to fill in w/o looking like you drew your brows on the way a pencil sometimes looks if you're not perfectly skilled. I have light brown hair but I use the dark blonde color because my brows are light. It's a perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kideema

I have really light colored brows and they are sparse. I needed one that wasn't too harsh and fake looking and one that matched my hair color.I picked this up in Dark Brown and it is a perfect match to my brunette hair. I am so happy to finally get a product that does the job and i can get at a drugstore. I love how it comes with a brow brush on one end so that you can blend it in for a natural look. The only thing is that i find that after a few hours the color fades off and i have to reapply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Quiet_Avenger

I have this in the darkest shade, Soft Black. My brows are black, so this matches perfectly when used with a light hand. The fine point on this automatic pencil is great for filling in sparse areas with fine, feathery strokes. I use a brow gel afterwards just to brush the hairs and set them into the arch I prefer. The comb on the end can do this in a pinch; I simply prefer to use a spoolie brush to tame them. I like to use the comb to define my lashes.

The price is a bit high ($6 for a this pencil)...or maybe I'm just cheap. I don't mind paying department store prices for department store items but I will always wait for a sale on drugstore items. I bought this when it was Buy One, Get One Free...and I'll buy another when it's on sale again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I have to say, I am also impressed with this automatic eyebrow pencil. I have it in dark brown, my hair is very dark and it's a perfect match. I use it to fill in some areas and it looks like my natural hair. Very natural. I have found the e/b pencil that is a perfect match for me.Yay! The pencil is very thin, it's very easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Sarita

EDITED ON 2/9/09. Still HG and my first pencil, used every single day from 11/3/08 is still in use, even though I broke off about 1/16th inch. Yay!!!!!! 3 months being used every day and I haven't run out. HG indeed!

------------------------------

OMG! I think I have a HG here. I'm probably writing this review prematurely since I've only used it two days but here it is anyway:

Backstory: I overplucked my eyebrows in junior high and have spent the past 20 years trying to grow them back. For the most part they are full, but I still have some patches. They are also lighter than I like. For years I have used a brush-on brow powder but stopped about 10 years ago because Maybelline changed their Ultra Brow formula for one thing and I never found a replacement that I liked. I've been using various eyebrow pencils which are either now discontinued or the wrong color (or both!).

My last favorite eyebrow stuff was Physician's Formula's WonderBrow--a thick colored wax stick. I used dark brown and while I loved it, the brown wasn't quite dark enough for me. Anyway, it's discontinued and while I have 4 back-ups, I wanted to find something new.

I heard that Define-a-Brow was like MAC Brow Finisher in that it is a colored wax more than a pencil. It is very thin and comes with a comb on the end. Anyway, I picked this up in Dark Brown. It is perfect! Easy to apply, not too waxy, dark but not pigmented if you know what I mean. It gives just enough dark color to fill and define my brows.

It doesn't stick too heavily to my skin and after hours of wear, it still looks like it did when I applied it. My main problem is either fading or collecting in my fair follicles because of the oils in my skin. Not so the Define-a-Brow. It looks great and natural.

The color, Dark Brown, is a good neutral dark brown. I can't see any red at all. I usually end up having to buy brown/black to counteract the red in Dark Brown.

The only con I can think if is that the amount you get in the automatic pencil is miniscule. I bought this for $1.99 at a close-out place but I think the normal retail price is about $6 (at least here in NYC). Even at full price it is a bargain, though I will pick up as many as I can at the discounted price.

NW20, brown hair, brown eyes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow. I'm FINALLY impressed with something by Maybelline. I ran out of my MAC Spiked brow pencil and I'm a cheapo and refuse to pay full price for it at my counter (I have to travel to a MAC store to get my discount) I decided to find something to hold me up pronto. I was using the Smashbox brow tech and although it's an okay product, I just hate how I can't make a thin line at the end of my brows. It's also too much work for me and I feel like it makes my brows look too "painted" on. This brow pencil has done the trick for me and my needs. I only need a pencil to fill in the ends of my brows where the hairs are really thin. The staying power of this is perfect. The price is also great! The cute little brush is also convenient and I love it as well.
If I have to repurchase it, I most certainly will.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by cestmoixo

I love this! I recently got my eyebrows done and the lady who did them took off like half of my eyebrow :/ so i went and got this at CVS. i have used anastasia's eyebrow crap and this is so much better. the little brush lets me see exactly where i need to fill in. i would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am overall very pleased with this eyebrow pencil. I was glad to pay a little more than $5 and considered it a steal compared to the prices I normally pay for makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ziekte

My mom and I have been using MAC's eyebrow pencils for the longest and she wanted to find a cheaper alternative. This is amazing! Honestly, I wasn't expecting much but it definitely proved me wrong. I love it.