October 25, 2014 | 1330 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by makeuplover582

so far, im loving this product i got 2 of them today because i have dark brown hair and im going to be dying it black soon so i got dark brown for now and soft black for when my hair is black. the comb is weird on this product it doesnt do much if you dont have much hair i think its meant for women with lots of hair on their brows but besides that the comb isnt as bad as people make it seem the pencil could be a bit bigger or come with more product i will def be buying these again...i cant say much right now because i just used it when i got home and it looks amazing and easy to blend really reminds me of the line stylist eyeliner maybelline i only gave it 4 lippies because i feel it might not stay too long because i went to fix the tail of my brow and it wiped off with ease and the package says waterproof so i think that may be a lie but other than that i do indeed love this product sooo much

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by hpolanek

TOTAL HG!!!!!! I didnt think i could get this excited about a brow pencil! Long story short, I used Clinique Superfine brow pencil for a long time. I hated paying about 13.00 every 3 weeks or so for this tiny little thing but it was the only pencil that was thin enough to shape it like i like and fill in the tail end of the brow ( I have dark hair and very light and sparse eyebrow hair so i need to shape my entire brow). Just as i was thinking about going back to the old thick expert eyes cover girl pencil to save money, I read the rave reviews on here about define-a-brow and figured it was only about 5 bucks so why not? This pencil is identically thin as clinique's superfine! Not only that but the medium brown was a even better color match then clinique's deep brown. And i cant tell you there is NO red tones what so ever!! I have ashy brown hair so i hate any warm or red tones. Anyway needless to say im never going back to my 13.00 clinique pencil! Unless they discontinue this :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked Define-A-Brow pencil back in July. Even though I'm a brunette, the "dark blonde" shade matched my brows the best. My brows just need a little filling in where there are sparse areas, so I consider my brows to be pretty low maintenance. I didn't use it for a while and I started using it again on a regular basis in October, nearly everyday to fill my brows in where I needed to. Last week, I noticed the pencil started acting up and everytime I would LIGHTLY shade in the areas I needed to, a half an inch of the pencil would crumble off. I managed to fill in one eyebrow and had started on the rest of my eyebrow when a good three inches of the brow stick continued to crumble until there was nothing left of it! I was left with one finished eyebrow and a half finished eyebrow, so you can imagine how great that looked!
You get what you pay for, right? This is why I do not enjoy most drugstore cosmetic products. Call me a snob, but I would never buy this inferior product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

I heard so much about this bad boy... so I really wanted to love it. Sadly, Its a decent prodct for me.... nothing too special. This is my first eyebrow product since i'm only 14.... so my expectations might be a little hight....
__________________________________________________________
PROS: really thin...so great an percise application, lightest shade was my color dead-on (mybe even a little lighter which is perfect), pretty natural, filled out my sparse eyebrows, gave shape and definition to my hopeless eyebrows, automatic twisty packging to no sharpening is needed, no trace of red in the color I bougth (dark blonde/lightbrown), applicator came with a funky brush.
__________________________________________________________
CONS: because it was soooo thin there wasnt much product, for a drugstore brand.....let alone a pretty cheap drugstore brand it was really expensive ($9 cdn), came off within a few hours... that means that even when re-applied 4 times a day by the time I get home from soccer practice at like 9 I have no eyebrows =(, color selecton is pathetic like most of maybellines products.... even though the color worked for me I couldnt see how other people could wear it, the brush was useless.
___________________________________________________________
Since this was my first eyebrow penci I will not be re-purchasing... I will look at other brands...
OVERALL: Natural, easy to use, but not for me =]]]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this. If your looking for a brow wax or have perfect brows already and just like to fill them in a tiny bit this product might be for you but for anyone with sparse or not great brows this sucks. The tiny point seems like a good idea but in reality it just blows...looks super obviously drawn in and either has no pigment when you do light strokes or goes on way to dark and hideous if you use more pressure. I have no idea why I staryed, even for a moment, from my HG brow pencil Maybellibe Expert Eyes. This piece of crap is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

HG! I love this. The tip is thin enough to fill in w/o looking like you drew your brows on the way a pencil sometimes looks if you're not perfectly skilled. I have light brown hair but I use the dark blonde color because my brows are light. It's a perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kideema

I have really light colored brows and they are sparse. I needed one that wasn't too harsh and fake looking and one that matched my hair color.I picked this up in Dark Brown and it is a perfect match to my brunette hair. I am so happy to finally get a product that does the job and i can get at a drugstore. I love how it comes with a brow brush on one end so that you can blend it in for a natural look. The only thing is that i find that after a few hours the color fades off and i have to reapply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Quiet_Avenger

I have this in the darkest shade, Soft Black. My brows are black, so this matches perfectly when used with a light hand. The fine point on this automatic pencil is great for filling in sparse areas with fine, feathery strokes. I use a brow gel afterwards just to brush the hairs and set them into the arch I prefer. The comb on the end can do this in a pinch; I simply prefer to use a spoolie brush to tame them. I like to use the comb to define my lashes.

The price is a bit high ($6 for a this pencil)...or maybe I'm just cheap. I don't mind paying department store prices for department store items but I will always wait for a sale on drugstore items. I bought this when it was Buy One, Get One Free...and I'll buy another when it's on sale again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I have to say, I am also impressed with this automatic eyebrow pencil. I have it in dark brown, my hair is very dark and it's a perfect match. I use it to fill in some areas and it looks like my natural hair. Very natural. I have found the e/b pencil that is a perfect match for me.Yay! The pencil is very thin, it's very easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Sarita

EDITED ON 2/9/09. Still HG and my first pencil, used every single day from 11/3/08 is still in use, even though I broke off about 1/16th inch. Yay!!!!!! 3 months being used every day and I haven't run out. HG indeed!

------------------------------

OMG! I think I have a HG here. I'm probably writing this review prematurely since I've only used it two days but here it is anyway:

Backstory: I overplucked my eyebrows in junior high and have spent the past 20 years trying to grow them back. For the most part they are full, but I still have some patches. They are also lighter than I like. For years I have used a brush-on brow powder but stopped about 10 years ago because Maybelline changed their Ultra Brow formula for one thing and I never found a replacement that I liked. I've been using various eyebrow pencils which are either now discontinued or the wrong color (or both!).

My last favorite eyebrow stuff was Physician's Formula's WonderBrow--a thick colored wax stick. I used dark brown and while I loved it, the brown wasn't quite dark enough for me. Anyway, it's discontinued and while I have 4 back-ups, I wanted to find something new.

I heard that Define-a-Brow was like MAC Brow Finisher in that it is a colored wax more than a pencil. It is very thin and comes with a comb on the end. Anyway, I picked this up in Dark Brown. It is perfect! Easy to apply, not too waxy, dark but not pigmented if you know what I mean. It gives just enough dark color to fill and define my brows.

It doesn't stick too heavily to my skin and after hours of wear, it still looks like it did when I applied it. My main problem is either fading or collecting in my fair follicles because of the oils in my skin. Not so the Define-a-Brow. It looks great and natural.

The color, Dark Brown, is a good neutral dark brown. I can't see any red at all. I usually end up having to buy brown/black to counteract the red in Dark Brown.

The only con I can think if is that the amount you get in the automatic pencil is miniscule. I bought this for $1.99 at a close-out place but I think the normal retail price is about $6 (at least here in NYC). Even at full price it is a bargain, though I will pick up as many as I can at the discounted price.

NW20, brown hair, brown eyes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No