Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 3/7/2009 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first brow pencil but I think I'll be sticking to it. I love this stuff. I wear it every day (one brow is shorter than the other) and no one can tell I drew my brows in. LOVE IT!

-A.

on 3/6/2009 3:57:00 PM

Love this stuff. HG for me. Not, it's not as creamy or as pigmented as MAC, but I like it because it is buildable and I won't end up with caterpillar brows. Best drugstore brow product EVER. I like this better than Anastasia brow powder and wax, which I now regret paying $30 for.

Also, people are saying that it breaks off. I haven't noticed that. You may be unwinding too much of the stick at once.

on 3/2/2009 8:17:00 PM

I love this because the pencil draws fine lines, and is great for filling in sparse brows. I use the dark blonde and have light/medium ash brown hair. You do have to press harder than other pencils, but with some practice, and by keeping a minimal amount of pencil extended, it works fairly well. I do not use the comb on the end, but use a an eyebrow brush to blend it in. If you don't get too heavy-handed, it looks very natural.

on 2/23/2009 12:11:00 PM

I find this works very well for me. A soft natural look that isnt too harsh. I use the "blonde" color even though my hair and brows are dark brown. The brown was way too dark. My brows have thinned a bit, but I still have a good 75% of them left....so just a little filler is all I need and this fits the bill.

on 2/21/2009 5:28:00 PM

It's interesting reading the mixed comments. I'm in the negative camp for the same reasons as some others. I found it hard to apply without a fair amount of pressure, which then made it break off. Even if it hadn't broken off, there wasn't that much product, so it wasn't really a bargain. Fortunately, I was able to find a new Avon lady and buy glimmersticks again.

on 2/10/2009 10:54:00 AM

I was considering getting semi-permanent tattooing done to my eyebrows before I had tried this product..

I found the colour blended in with my eyebrows really well and it was also really easy to apply and blend.

The little comb is a nice touch as it helps blend and brush your eyebrows into shape. I am very pleased with the results.

Another gem by Maybelline!

on 1/18/2009 6:11:00 PM

This product did not go on easily at all. It is super hard to control the micro fine pencil and my brows just ended up looking fake and heavy. I have since discovered far better brow care products, Revlon's Brow Fantasy pencil and L'Oreal's two toned brow pencil. Would never buy this again.

on 1/17/2009 3:15:00 PM

Breaks so easily as your using it. Doesn't last at all because it take a lot of product to actually fill in 1 eyebrow. Very cheap packaging, but the color was nice.

on 1/17/2009 3:00:00 PM

I don't buy much drug store makeup, especially since who knows what you're getting without testers, but this is a surprisingly great find. Like others have said, the fine point and perfect consistency make this feel much more high-end than a cheapo pencil. Detracted one lippie because I hate the hulk-green, tacky packaging [Why does Maybelline think that's attractive?] and a spoolie would have been more useful than the stiff, plastic comb it comes with but it's otherwise a keeper. I got this in medium brown which thankfully has no red undertone and matches my brows perfectly.

on 1/12/2009 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

HG brow pencil for me! honestly i dont know what i would do without it now... everyone needs to try this!

Popular Brows Products