July 31, 2014 | 1016 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sweeterindawn

I've been using this for eons now and I do like it. I use buff which is a 100% match to my very fair, golden-toned skin. It isn't long-wearing in my opinion and I do need touch-ups after about 4 hours. I use it when I want lighter coverage than my Estee Lauder Double Wear will give me. But, it's the perfect match to my skin color that keeps me coming back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to have this in Buff. Although it really was long-lasting and provided good coverage, it smelled funny and accentuated flakes. Lately I've been using the Softflex version for normal to dry skin, and I like it more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by han567

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I chose the one for dry skin, I found the colour was a little dark for my skin. I also thought the liquid was abit thick, however my skin looked flawless and moisturised- no signs of dryness and it lasted ages on my skin.
    I find this is best when mixed with a little lighter foundation to make it a little lighter and less thick and then its perfect!! I also think revlon should make a dispenser bottle as I waste alot pouring it.

However I only use this only a night out as I think it's a little too heavy for in the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by mbarber

I agree with the reviewer who said this is the "colorstay with out soft flex". I purchased this at BigLots for $4.00. It does not have Soft-flex in it but it does have SPF. I bought Ivory. I am very fair with some occasional redness. I applied it with a make-up sponge, the triangle ones. You do have to do one area at a time because it does dry fast. Blotting worked best instead of wiping it on. Ivory does not seem to have any pink undertones in it. It does seem sticky after your done applying, but if you wait it does seem to change. I'm sure it has to dry. So don't put any powder on just then. I didn't have to powder my nose for hours. I does it's job of staying on and covering everything! Sometimes I may want something a little lighter to wear for everyday use. But this is the foundation to use for when you want to look your best and have a flawless look. Like for pictures or on camera. Or when you want to show up at that reunion ,and show all those people who made fun of your acne, who's the pretty one now!!!!! Bring it on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jojobean

This foundation goes on very smoothly and blends like a dream. It has a medium coverage--perfect for girls with the occasionaly breakouts. The color selection was very good, but I found that it causes my face to look oily a few hours after application. So, I started putting a loose powder like MAC Blot Powder over it and I found it slightly minimized this side-effect. Other than that, it looks very natural and does what it's supposed to.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For some reason Revlon products give me burning. It's like my head is on fire and not in the cool way that Nicholas Cage burned in Ghost Rider. This burning starts off slow and escalates within seconds to feel like my skin is dripping off, basically a chemical burn leaving my skin slightly red. There must be some harsh chemicals in there because I have only experienced this with Revlon skin products. A shame as they have some pretty cool colours and I am a sucker for the celebrity advertisements.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mdamiani

I am using this foundation for about 12 years now, and would agree that the older version of the make up was much better.I do love the coverage, and the shade I am using is Sand beige. When I first apply it, it looks a bit pale, but after 30 min. or so it changes to the right shade for my skin. The bottle is what I don't like. After a while I find that foundation in the bottle changes colour and it becomes thicker than it should be. It is harder to apply it when that happens. But I don't think I am going to stop to use it. It still gives me that nice matte coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lastaats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. It really does stay on longer than any other i've tried and it covers really well. I am really pale though and even the lightest doesn't totally match my skin so i do have to use a lighter powder to help lighten it. But i keep coming back and buying more until i find something that covers and smooths as well as this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Rockette13

This foundation is ok. The lightest shade was too dark for me, but I'm used to that by now. I am very pale. The coverage was decent and I son't think it broke my skin out at all, but the fragrance was horrible. Plus, it often ended up looking streaky since it dries so fast. I'm sure this foundation would work for some people, but I know that I can find better. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Js30

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years because I read that it is a good choice for those with oily skin,such as I have.
    Even with the soft-flex technology,it is still very matte which is why I like it.
    It must be applied sparingly and quickly as it dries fast. It has absolute great coverage!

However,I dont like how it's packaged in the glass bottle.Having to "dip" fingers in the jar could spread bacteria and potentially be bad for acne sufferers.
    The SPF content could also make acne worse.(Which is a problem when nearly every single make up now has SPF in it.Dont they understand some of us dont want SPF in a make up? I hardly go outside at all and would like a make up without SPF since I'm prone to break outs)
    Other than that it is a good product that is execellent if you need good coverage.