October 30, 2014 | 1657 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! Previous to Revlons ColorStay with SoftFlex I was using DERMACIA (you can also see my review for Dermacia on MUA) and was spending $50.00 per ounce and having to wait 2 wks for the order to come, as it was by mail only. I decided to try Revlons ColorStay because the ingredients were very similar. I tried it and I love it!

* It stays on all day.
    * It gives great full coverage, you don't even have to bother with consealer.
    * It leaves my skin looking flawless!
    * It comes in oil-free so it does not cause further break outs (for Me)
    * It's inexpensive at around $12.00
    * Can be purchased at any drug store so its super convenient. I've even purchased it at a grocery store.

It's just a fantastic foundation that doesn't leave your face looking cakey, expecially when you need full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Dari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a Armani LSF foundation wearer who has been looking for a DS foundation to use when I just want to do a quick face on weekends. I decided to try Colorstay after I complimented my mother on her skin and she told me she was wearing it.

I've tried countless other foundations (including a few department store brands) and I'm so impressed with Colorstay. It feels great on my skin and really keeps me fairly balanced. I have been a bit flakey around the Tzone due to BHA use and this is really helping to camouflage it.

It really does have great staying power without feeling heavy or cakey. It's fairly matte so I've been adding highlighter to mimic my LSF and am very happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I got this in a sale for £2.50 and in the palest shade.I love it! Makes my skin look dewy and flawless and it really does last all day.Wish I had bought more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I love this stuff and have already repurchased! The colour matches my skintone perfectly and there is minimal oxidation. Coverage is great and I can usually skip concealer ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by crimsonelegance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin and large pores, which makes it very difficult to find a foundation that doesn't drip off by the end of the day and make my pores look even larger. I only used HE foundation, but still never found a foundation that gave me a really matte finish and controlled oil - not to mention rubbing off on my clothes with the slightest touch. Anywhoo, I decided to try Revlon Colorstay at the suggestion of folks on this board. I was skeptical b/c it was a d/s product. Wow! I couldn't believe the results. The foundation is flawless all day. Even without powder it still keeps the oil down and looks beautiful all day. I am a DDD, so it is usually difficult for me to find the perfect color. Found it. I get so many compliments on my flawless finish. People frequently ask me what foundation I am wearing and most are surprised to learn that it is a d/s brand. I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tkctjc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some reason I try everything else. Chanel, Estee Lauder, MAC, Lancome, and the list goes on. Either chalky, looks fake or something else. I always look the best when I use colorstay by revlon. I don't know why I change. I got married with colorstay on and the photos were flawless. The color buff blends into my NC 20 coloring perfectly.
    My only complaint is the freakin bottle. Why can't they make it a pump??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

I am reviewing the Colorstay foundation for Combo/Oily skin with Soft flex. I LOVE this foundation! I was wearing mineral makeup but it was starting to look cakey on me, and I wanted to switch for the winter. Picked this up because of raves on the boards, and I absolutely love it.

For reference, I am Beige 2 in Alima, and I wear Buff in Revlon Colorstay. This is definite HG material for me. I have long hours (7am to 10 pm) and I never have a problem with this foundation wearing off like I did with other foundations. Buff is a perfect color match for me, and this hides all imperfections on my skin, I barely need concealer at all.

I will definitely repurchase, especially at a sale price. My only packaging complaint is I wish there was a pump, because its hard to control how much comes out. It does have a slightly strong smell IMO, but not unpleasant. Not for those who are super sensitive to fragrance.

Without a setting powder, this foundation gives a nice even dewy tone, in between glowy and matte. I do use a setting powder over this, because I prefer a more matte look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ccdd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is one of the better foundations I have found so far. I have the SPF 6 version for combination/skin with softflex, and I wear Natural Tan.

PROS--Adheres to the skin really well, without looking heavy
    Yellow-toned foundation colors that seem realistic
    Hasn't broken my oily, acne-prone skin out
    Good coverage
    Not hard to remove (I use Pond's cold cream or oil cleanser)

CONS--Heavy glass bottle with no pump, less hygenic
    No testers to match colors at drugstore
    Can make you look older after longer wear by settling
    No way to tell how old the foundation is (some separated at d/s)

Overall, this is a good foundation. I like the coverage and the fact that it stays on REALLY well. Since it adheres so well, sometimes I don't need to use finishing powder. I also feel that it helps mattify my oily skin without drying it out. But, I just don't like the way it makes me look after about 8 hours. It seems to just make me look old. But since it is one of the better foundations I have found so far, I would continue to buy this until something better comes along. One other con is that sometimes the bottles have foundation-colored fingerprints on them which means someone is probably opening them to test the color. Not the most sanitary. Plus, if you happen to get the bottle that everyone has dipped into, then some of the product will be missing. For 13.99 this is not horrible, but I like to make sure I get something new with no product missing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

I love this foundation because don't have to worry about touch ups as much and the palest shade is pale enough for me. A lot of people say the have problems getting it to bled evenly. The solution is to do a half-pump and do one section of your face at a time. Although when taking it off, wash your face, rinse, and wash again to get it all off. Make sure you use lotion afterwards, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 6:53:00 AM More reviews by angel290385

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation! I have tried so many brands (including EL double Wear), all claiming to combat shine and keep your skin looking matte, but none worked. With other foundations it would just have slid off by early afternoon, and at the end of the day when i took my makeup off there would be very little foundation on the cotton pad. I have this in the combination/oily version, colour 05 without softflex. This is amazing, it lasts all day and keeps my skin matte. Let me tell you I have very oily skin. On the biotherm skin test I scored 99 on a test that measured dryness/oilness - 100 being very oily. I don't have to worry about always having powder in my bag to get rid of that awful shine. This covers so well, and I like the fact that it 'sets' on the skin. My skin almost looks flawless with this on, and that is a MIRACLE! I don't think i will ever go back, i've found my HG!!! The only downside is the packaging, it must be unhygienic to have to dip your finger in or pour some out onto your finger tips. I would much prefer a pump bottle. But the product is so good that i can forgive this.