October 31, 2014 | 1626 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by tomatosauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to get this foundation in oil/comb skin 180 sand beige cuz of all the good review..
    i tried it on.. looks fab... it covers the post acne marks.. and large pores and other imperfections ..and i set it with a powder but after awhile (couple hours) it goes kind of oily or slippery.

I have combination skin with mild acne, the post acne marks takes me forever to get rid of. so try to cover it up during the day.

I don't know is it just me , because the reviews say it soaks up oil..
    but it doesn't work for me. may be is because i'm only putting a thin layer on, don't want to look too cakey or way obvious.

The consistency is pretty thick, so i'm worried that if i put a thick layer, it will cause break outs because of the blocked pores.

does any one have similar experience???

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by loveitxoxoxo

I had bought the one that says combination/oily skin in sand beige

~ DESCRIPTION OF ME: ~
    Light skinned, yellow undertone asian with some acne and combination/oily skin that can get really oily on my t-zone and really dry on my chin sometimes [but that doesn't usually happen].

~ PACKAGING: ~
    In a 1oz glass bottle with a black twist on cap

~CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE:~
    It is a liquid foundation that is somewhat thick

~APPLICATION:~
    I use my clean fingers to dab on the foundation and then spread it out and blend one section at a time and layer a little bit on where I need it

~FINISH:~
    A matte finish, but not like a corpse, with a hint of dewiness. Makes my skin look flawless while looking natural. I put the matching Colorstay powder in light over it with a brush.

~STAYING POWER:~
    This has a lot of staying power, more than any I have tried. I put this on at around 6:45am and it lasts through practically about the whole day, I do touch-up, but that is only because I have extremely oily skin and my pores start showing, so it isn't necessary. It even lasted through me blowing my nose [I had a cold recently]. When you want to take it off, I suggest using Pond's Cold Cream, it really works, and then use a cleanser afterwards.

~SCENT:~
    There is a little scent at first but it will go away after you've applied to your face.

~COLOR:~
    I use 180 Sand Beige, it is a little dark for me because I am in between this and Buff but Buff makes me look like a dead corpse. Sand Beige has kind of a peachy color, but still looks natural.

~OVERALL:~
    I love this foundation, I thought I had found my HG when I was using the New Complexion One-Step Makeup, but that left my face really oily by lunchtime, and I had to keep touching up. This is definitely my new HG. It is perfect for me. The only thing I had to complain is that I paid around $14 with added tax, but because they is a great foundation, I'll pass on that. If you have near flawless skin, I don't think this is for you because it provides a great deal of coverage. All in all, this is a great foundation for people on the go who doesn't have much time to touch up and need coverage.

I want to thank Seclusae2 and heyannette for this writing style, it really helped me put out my thoughts on this product....hehe....I sound like I'm giving a speech....I hope other people uses this writing style too....

~UPDATE~
    Well, at first I had thought that this product was great, but then after a few more times of using this, I realized that it streaked really bad. Not only that, but it was also VERY hard to apply because it would dry up so fast. It made my face feel very greasy, and applying more on top of it or powder would make it even more cakey than it already is. Even my friends and family has noticed how bad this was, They have been telling me to stop wearing so much makeup and I don't pile this product on. The longer i wear this product, the more I realize that it doesn't keep the oilies away and gets shiny as fast any other foundation out there. Revlon Colorstay foundation has also made me break out really bad. So, I will no longer be using this product.

Now I am using Revlon's new Custom Creations Foundation. It is really good. If this product doesn't work, you have to try the one I am using :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by yazzie_

Advantages:
    1. Stays on for more than 10 hours which is really good and better than any other foundations lasting power.
    2. Cheap!
    3. Easy to remove
    4. Rub proof

Disadvantages:
    1.Can look a bit cakey, if too much is applied.
    2.Sometimes patches can appear if not rubbed in properly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sadiemay

I remember liking this when it first came out and thought I'd give it another try. It covered as well as I remember but it turned my face into an oil slick after a few hours. Any attempt to blot just smeared & removed it. I'll go back to my old foundation and toss this one into the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by TJ9

this does go on very nicely
    but i dont find it stays on very well
    even with a primer its off within 2 hours... would not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by nicholyse

I use this liquid when I need full coverage/for photos, or when I just want to look flawless. I usually go for everyday minerals during the daytime for work, but lately, I've been using a combination of two different colors (I have very hard to match olive skin) I just dab it on with a sponge so I get a natural match with the texture of my skin and it dries flawlessly. Never had any breakouts with this one, and I am acne prone. Try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by luvps83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good. Doesnt settle into pores. does pronounce dry flakey skin on my nose. kinda makes my skin look old and scaley at the end of the day. sometimes i notice it can look really cakey around my chin area. overall, its not bad... i wish the colors had a little more yellow undertones in them rather than orange. i wear it everyday, but if i found something better i would go for that...but the price is good so im ok

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by trickycoolj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. I have oily oily skin that I finally went to a derm for, but prior to that the normal to oily formula of this was and still is fantastic for me! I use sponge wedges to apply so I've never had issues. Sometimes if it's on my fingers still I leave fingerprints on the cap... or my black dress pants if I don't pay attention!! This seriously stays the entire 8 hour work day. The only post-office touch up I need to go out for the night is under the eyes and a dab of powder. This foundation covers blemishes really well too. If your drugstore is good about stocking the shelves there seems to be a good color selection. I am the 2nd lightest color and even dept. store brands *cough*clinique*cough* doesn't get light enough for my pasty pale skin. I can't recommend this stuff enough. My mom started using the normal-dry formula and loves it as well, doesn't emphasize wrinkles as others do. Last time I bought this, walmart had a 2 for 1 pack, can't beat that either!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by tinamarie4685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am going to try this product soon......... but just a tip for everyone about the inconvenience of the bottle... get some Q-Tips and dip that in, then wipe it on your face from the Q-Tip! Much more sanitary!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

i used this awhile back. probably last year, and it worked amazing. i used the oily / combination one, and it seriously made my skin look amazing. i mean YES you need powder to top it, and then you'll be good, but it seriously covered a whole darn lot. but the bottle was really messy, and it would get all over the top, and i'd always have foundation all over my fingers before i left for school. but seriously one of the best foundations.