Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff gave me the worst acne break out ever...wouldnt touch it again with a 10ft barge poll!

I heard good things about this foundation, and my other one was getting too expensive so I decided to try it out. I'm pretty disappointed. It takes about three coats of this stuff before I get good coverage. Just one coat and it doesn't cover ANYTHING. I don't have bad acne, I just want to cover my acne scars and take care of some redness. This just doesn't cut it.
This might be good for you if you have good skin and just want to even out your skin tone, but if you actually have things to cover...I'd try something else. Dermablend is what I used before, and it's much better.

on 4/2/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This foundation tops the list of my favorites. I've been using Revlon Color stay foundation for over 10 years and it's still working great. I wear Cappuccino in the oily/combo formulation. The color is great and matches my skin tone exactly. I have acne prone skin with sensitive areas and it doesn't cause me to break out. The only thing I don't like is the soft flex. It seems to take away from the staying power of the foundation. I really liked the old formulation. Despite this, it's still one of the best you'll find and it's inexpensive.

I have no problems applying the foundation. I use a dry wedge sponge, apply it to one section of my face at a time and allow it to dry for 1-2 minutes before applying other makeup. It has a light, buildable coverage so it looks very natural. No one can tell I'm wearing foundation.

I'd like to add that Revlon makes good cosmetics in general. I also like Color Stay eyeliners and eye shadows. The highlighters are subtle and the lipsticks/glosses are fantastic. Very good deal for the money...

on 3/30/2008 10:12:00 AM

I've been a Colorstay user for many years, and, I will try different products after hearing the hype, but, I wind up going back every time. I'd like it better if it came in a tube, because when you get to the end of the bottle you wind up doing acrobatics to get the last of it out, but, hey, nothing can be perfect.

As to application, what I've found to be the best application technique is a dry makeup sponge. With a wet sponge, it seems like it doesn't blend as well on my skin, and if I use my fingers, I tend to be heavier-handed, and wind up with a mask on, and, I've never been able to apply liquid foundation with a brush and have it look worth a durn. I just put my moisturizer on (hope in a jar), or, if my skin's feeling breakoutish, Neutrogena Stress Gel, let it soak in a few minutes, then sponge on my foundation, and go. You have to work fast with it, but, once you're used to it, it is easy-peasy.

The price isn't bad at all, especially when you find it on sale at one of the drugstores as a BOGO, or in the 2 packs that you occasionally find at Wal-Mart. The price is DAMN good if you compare it to Double Wear, which, to me, is a good product, but, no better at all, considering it is about $40USD for the same amount.

I have combination skin, with tendencies to break out around time for my friend to come to town, and a tad of acne scarring, so, my skin ain't perfect by a mile, but, this works to smooth out the bad spots without having to devote my life to checking my makeup every five minutes.

This IS a color stay foundation indeed and i love this fact. Covers and eves pretty well too...doesn't break out...just shows some lines on your face wich makes you look a little old....when you are not. :) I will buy this product again....maybe.

on 3/28/2008 9:04:00 PM

This doesn't work for me - even when applied lightly with MAC's #187 brush it goes streaky, settles into the pores and the fine lines.

The consistency is a bit too drying for my normal/combination skin, it leaves a powdery finish which accentuates the imperfections, I prefer the iluminating look that you can get with Revlon's Skinlights, Vitalumiere, etc.

It's not acceptable that a liquid foundation like this has no pump, very difficult to get out the right amount.

The only good point is that it's long wearing, just like it promisses.

on 3/25/2008 6:17:00 PM

I do love this stuff, it has everything I have ever looked for in a makeup, however it breaks me out. This stuff covers nice an evenly with pretty good blemish coverage. It evens out skin tone really well and it feels great on my skin. The bottle is great, as it has a wide top so the makeup comes out more easily than most other brands. I really just love the way it dries and sits on my T-zone without caking and flaking. Also, Revlon has great shades, that don't look too orange and they offer a wide variety of shades. Ivory was a perfect match for my paler-than-a-ghost skin! Unfortunately, though there is nothing on the bottle to indicate it, I believe this makeup is oil-based and pore clogging. I would greatly suggest for dryer skinned, non-acnegenic girls.

on 3/24/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product for oily/combination skin twice so far. Its a great foundation for the price.

Pros:
Stays on very well,
Has a little SPF,
Didn't break me out.

Cons:
Did not control oiliness,
Hard to apply (streaks easily),
Very heavy coverage (I prefer lighter, more natural looking coverage).

on 3/21/2008 7:32:00 AM

I used to LOVE this foundation. I think over the last few years I bought so many bottles! My coulour is True Beige and I really liked it. I did find it clogged my pores. The only reason I changed is because I get bored after awhile of using the same thing! But I am glad I did change cause I am now using the Modelco Fluidsplash which I like much better. I do like the way the Revlon Colourstay comes in Oily/Combination and Normal/Dry as I would alternate between each in winter and summer but I found this foundation quite think so I dont think I will go back for some time. I would recommend it for 30+ skin

on 3/9/2008 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this in the shade Toast. My skin is very acne-prone and oily; which is not a good combo due to the fact that I cannot walk out of the house without foundation because of pretty severe acne scars on my cheeks. With this said, I love Colorstay. It really does stay for me when I set it with the Colorstay powder, and it covers nearly everything I do not want people to see. The only downside is that if I do have an active pimple then the foundation sort of emphasizes the "bump", but I am sure any foundations will do that. I use Toast and in MAC I think I am a NC32ish. The shade really blends in with my Indian skin tone, which is hard to match and I really appreciate that I have found a good foundation shade. Oh and I use the formula for Oily skin, not dry skin. I tried the dry skin formula and I found the consistency a little thinner than the formula for oily skin, the thinner formula did not conceal my ance scars well at all.