Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Oh my goodness, I thought that Mac Studio fix was the best foundation, but....this one beats it by a long shot. I am an NC15/20 in the Studio Fix Powder Compact. I use the buff shade which is the equivalent in the Revlon Color Stay for oily/combination skin. I am not kidding.....i have acne prone, oily skin. I was out today in 32 degrees Celsius weather and was wearing it since 9:00 am in the morning....7pm, and it still looks great. All I need to do is touch up with a bit of loose powder and I'm good to go! I tried the Studio fix liquid foundation which is supposed to be the equivalent....but the Colorstay I found the color to be better suited for me and the coverage was way better and quite natural looking. Highly recommend it....I also have a lot of redness in my skin and this covers everything! Awesome product....this is my new Holy Grail foundation....Love this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation. May be my holy grail. Lasts at least 14 hours with little fading. I wear toast on my skin (MAC Nc42-43) and it's a great match. Coverage is good -- medium to full. Doesn't get greasy, but doesn't feel tight. Doesn't rub off on my boyfriend's shirt when I hug him. Great!

I am on the hunt for my HG.. I bought Revlon Colorstay due to the awesome reviews I see on here. However, I have got to be doing something wrong. I've tried applying with my fingers, brush, and sponge and I cannot get it to last all day to save my life! I have some acne scarring and I can't even get it to cover any of those either. Please help. :-(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

when i heard that it can stay up to 16 hrs, i was impressed and bought the one for normal/oily skin. but i was disappointed by the results. it gave me a heavy caked on look and it didnt really last for 16 hrs, more like 6, and within 2 hours i was shiny, cause i have oily skin. and it also comes off on clothes and emphasised on my pores on the nose. it looked horrible! i dont think i'm buying this again.

This liquid foundation can seem rather thick and masky IF you use it straight out of the bottle. However, if you mix it with one half part moisturizer it produces the most beautiful, dewy, most flawless finish of any foundation I have ever tried. It lasts all day and never fades or smudges. Try this and you won't be disappointed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say, this product was absolutely terrible for my skin. I wanted to find a not-so-expensive liquid that would work for me, and for a few days I thought this was it. Nope. It clogged my pores so horribly, but I didn't break out - what ended up happening was that I just had a scaly build up of the silicones in the product in my pores. Ick! I had to exfoliate every day for a week to get rid of the problem. Never again.

Hands down, the best most dependable foundation for girls who need makeup that performs all day. It is thick, and I use Lubriderm lotion with SPF 15...ad just a dab to the foundation in my hand, and it seems to be just the trick to make it easier to apply and less "masky." It is a wonderful foundation that I've yet to see outpeformed. Sometimes I try for "regular" foundation...but I always come back to this. Holy Grail, indeed. UPDATE: Great for a quick fix if you don't have time for regular foundation, but the one downside is this does break me out, which is unusual for me. Must have lots of oil. And I consider my skin normal to dry.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my ultimate favorite drugstore foundation! I have zitty red skin that is discolored in some areas, but this stuff has amazing coverage! Everyone at school & work would never guess that I actually have horrible skin. Not to mention, my skin is super OILY which means that most liquid foundations seep off my face. I bought the one for oily/combo skin and it works FABULOUSLY. The foundation is still on my face at the end of a long day. Definetly my HG.

Long time user of this product. It was better before they changed it to add "Soft Flex". Not such a fan anymore but have no adequate alternative.

Tips:
Dermalogica's Precleanse is excellent for getting this off at the end of the day.

Translucent powder by Vichy's Dermablend works best for me with this foundation.

Colorstay concealer is great for under eyes when/if needed.
Just dab the foundation over top.

Wish: That they get rid of the soft flex and revert to the original formula.

I have to admit, I can be a bit of a makeup snob & I'm really not big on drugstore makeup. I purchased this because of MUA, I was on the lookout for a new foundation even though I recently purchased a few new ones including MUFE Face & Body, MUFE Mat Velvet, MAC Mineralized, & MUFE Pan Stick--all of which have their pros & cons but none of were HG IMO.

I quickly found myself falling in love with Revlon Colorstay regardless of my HE M/U obsession. This foundation gives medium coverage, never cakes, & never looks fake or too heavy on my skin. I use it with a damp beautyblender sponge & I always get a perfect application everytime. I never have to use too much of this product to get the result that I want, I use about a dime sized amount of product & this gives me enough coverage for my entire face. I find that this wears all day long without me having to touch up my face & it doesn't rub off on my clothing which is amazing. Another pro is that it doesn't look too matte so I don't feel like this foundation makes me look older than I really am. The only con that I can really say is the packaging... for some reason there is one side of the bottle that constantly drips from the top of the bottle... it isn't cracked or broken so I'm not sure what the problem is but I cannot leave it in my traincase or any of my cosmetic bags because it will leak & ruin my bags. I have to keep it in a small ziplock bag so it doesn't ruin my other stuff. Other than that this one is great & it does not break me out. I'll always be on the lookout for new things because I am a beauty junkie but I think this one is one that I will definitely keep coming back to when I'm in foundation limbo.