April 24, 2014 | 1856 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by trickycoolj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. I have oily oily skin that I finally went to a derm for, but prior to that the normal to oily formula of this was and still is fantastic for me! I use sponge wedges to apply so I've never had issues. Sometimes if it's on my fingers still I leave fingerprints on the cap... or my black dress pants if I don't pay attention!! This seriously stays the entire 8 hour work day. The only post-office touch up I need to go out for the night is under the eyes and a dab of powder. This foundation covers blemishes really well too. If your drugstore is good about stocking the shelves there seems to be a good color selection. I am the 2nd lightest color and even dept. store brands *cough*clinique*cough* doesn't get light enough for my pasty pale skin. I can't recommend this stuff enough. My mom started using the normal-dry formula and loves it as well, doesn't emphasize wrinkles as others do. Last time I bought this, walmart had a 2 for 1 pack, can't beat that either!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by tinamarie4685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am going to try this product soon......... but just a tip for everyone about the inconvenience of the bottle... get some Q-Tips and dip that in, then wipe it on your face from the Q-Tip! Much more sanitary!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

i used this awhile back. probably last year, and it worked amazing. i used the oily / combination one, and it seriously made my skin look amazing. i mean YES you need powder to top it, and then you'll be good, but it seriously covered a whole darn lot. but the bottle was really messy, and it would get all over the top, and i'd always have foundation all over my fingers before i left for school. but seriously one of the best foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! Previous to Revlons ColorStay with SoftFlex I was using DERMACIA (you can also see my review for Dermacia on MUA) and was spending $50.00 per ounce and having to wait 2 wks for the order to come, as it was by mail only. I decided to try Revlons ColorStay because the ingredients were very similar. I tried it and I love it!

* It stays on all day.
    * It gives great full coverage, you don't even have to bother with consealer.
    * It leaves my skin looking flawless!
    * It comes in oil-free so it does not cause further break outs (for Me)
    * It's inexpensive at around $12.00
    * Can be purchased at any drug store so its super convenient. I've even purchased it at a grocery store.

It's just a fantastic foundation that doesn't leave your face looking cakey, expecially when you need full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Dari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a Armani LSF foundation wearer who has been looking for a DS foundation to use when I just want to do a quick face on weekends. I decided to try Colorstay after I complimented my mother on her skin and she told me she was wearing it.

I've tried countless other foundations (including a few department store brands) and I'm so impressed with Colorstay. It feels great on my skin and really keeps me fairly balanced. I have been a bit flakey around the Tzone due to BHA use and this is really helping to camouflage it.

It really does have great staying power without feeling heavy or cakey. It's fairly matte so I've been adding highlighter to mimic my LSF and am very happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I got this in a sale for 2.50 and in the palest shade.I love it! Makes my skin look dewy and flawless and it really does last all day.Wish I had bought more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I love this stuff and have already repurchased! The colour matches my skintone perfectly and there is minimal oxidation. Coverage is great and I can usually skip concealer ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by crimsonelegance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin and large pores, which makes it very difficult to find a foundation that doesn't drip off by the end of the day and make my pores look even larger. I only used HE foundation, but still never found a foundation that gave me a really matte finish and controlled oil - not to mention rubbing off on my clothes with the slightest touch. Anywhoo, I decided to try Revlon Colorstay at the suggestion of folks on this board. I was skeptical b/c it was a d/s product. Wow! I couldn't believe the results. The foundation is flawless all day. Even without powder it still keeps the oil down and looks beautiful all day. I am a DDD, so it is usually difficult for me to find the perfect color. Found it. I get so many compliments on my flawless finish. People frequently ask me what foundation I am wearing and most are surprised to learn that it is a d/s brand. I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tkctjc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some reason I try everything else. Chanel, Estee Lauder, MAC, Lancome, and the list goes on. Either chalky, looks fake or something else. I always look the best when I use colorstay by revlon. I don't know why I change. I got married with colorstay on and the photos were flawless. The color buff blends into my NC 20 coloring perfectly.
    My only complaint is the freakin bottle. Why can't they make it a pump??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

I am reviewing the Colorstay foundation for Combo/Oily skin with Soft flex. I LOVE this foundation! I was wearing mineral makeup but it was starting to look cakey on me, and I wanted to switch for the winter. Picked this up because of raves on the boards, and I absolutely love it.

For reference, I am Beige 2 in Alima, and I wear Buff in Revlon Colorstay. This is definite HG material for me. I have long hours (7am to 10 pm) and I never have a problem with this foundation wearing off like I did with other foundations. Buff is a perfect color match for me, and this hides all imperfections on my skin, I barely need concealer at all.

I will definitely repurchase, especially at a sale price. My only packaging complaint is I wish there was a pump, because its hard to control how much comes out. It does have a slightly strong smell IMO, but not unpleasant. Not for those who are super sensitive to fragrance.

Without a setting powder, this foundation gives a nice even dewy tone, in between glowy and matte. I do use a setting powder over this, because I prefer a more matte look.