October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by calvarado

I've been wearing this makeup for quite some time and no matter how much I've try new products, I always end up coming back to Revoln Color stay. I notice the trick to putting on this foundation is with a wet/damp makeup sponge. It dries very quickly when putting it on with your fingures and/or makeup brush, which I've tried. The wet/damp sponge gives it a smooth glide and good coverage(I use the round sponges). When I need extra coverage I just dab the sponge on whatever area I want extra coverage and it does the job. I finish it with some loose powder. You name it I've got it with my face, acne prone, scars, oil, blemishes and this is the only makeup that seems to help with coverage and I don't break out from it. For my cleanser I use St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Black head control with 2% salicylic Acid and this products really helps remove the makeup along helps with my occassional breakouts. I also use the Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-eliminating Astringent after I wash my face and I notice I don't have much of any makeup left on my skin. I'm in the process on getting laser treatments for my skin, and tried different cleansers and makeups, thinking new skin new products, but after trying other products and just breaking out, for me, I've ended up back to my Revoln colorstay and Apricot Scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

well i used it for years and loved it i have very oily skin
    and yes im talking about the old version which they stopped selling here now (i was afraid of this day because i heard they changed the formula in the states and i was happy they still sold the old one here in switzerland) the new one with softflex (for oily combo skin) is breaking me out after using for a week and it fades after 6 hours of wear i really miss the old colorstay so would i repurchase No....why not?
    because they discontinnued the original Colorstay and i cant live with the new one :((

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by emmalcm

I'm now on my 3rd bottle of this, because it's the only foundation that lasts all day on me. I am prone to blemishes, so the last thing I want is my makeup wearing off half way through the day. I think my last bottle cost me about £11.50 from Boots, so it is kind of mid-range price wise.

I use the new version with softflex for combination to oily skin, which seems to work well for my combination skin with an oily t-zone and dryer cheeks. It gives good coverage, and does not rub off on your clothes at all. When I take my makeup off at the end of the day there is always more to be taken off than with any other foundation I have used.

What I would say is that you do have to be careful how you apply it-a little goes a long way and it is easy to make it look cakey. I usually apply it carefully with a foundation brush, then if need be do any blending with a sponge. But once you know how to apply it, the 'cakey look' that so many people complain of with this product is not a problem.

I only have one complaint with this foundation, which is the pacakaging. It comes in a heavy glass bottle which is not good for travelling with at all, and I have to leave it upside down on my dressing table when I'm getting near to the end of the bottle. I wish they would make it in a plastic tube or bottle, which would be so much easier.

Other than that, this is a good foundation for someone who needs good coverage and wants it to last all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by navarre

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this was another one of those things everybody loves that is a disaster on me. too dark, oxidized, looked REALLY makeup-y and for some reason instead of blurring my post-acne marks turned them an extremely visible, lurid purple. Gorgeous. In the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Passionate1

Love it Love it LOVE IT. My skin is nothing without this foundation. It covers everything and yet manages to look like my skin! It sops up oil, stays put and doesn't make me break out or have an allergic reaction. The price keeps going up though. When I first bought it 10 years ago it was $16.99 CAN, now it's up to $20.99. Meh, I'll keep buying it forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Sellelo

I love this foundation for many reasons:
    * The color matches my skin tone perfectly. I never have to blend because the lines dissappear seconds after applying
    *The coverage distributes evenly, even over my trouble spots.
    *Feels light, almost as if not wearing any makeup
    * I never get oily by the end of the day and never have to reapply
    *It isn't too harsh...hasn't dried out my skin like other foundations
    *Has SPF...enough said
    *Hasn't caused me one breakout yet and I have been using it for almost 6 months now
    * It's literally activewear...I can wear it to work and it still stays fresh all day

Highly recommended to those who like natural, healthy looking coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by KND27

This product was okay. It gives really great coverage (I have acne, freckles, sunspots and scars=not so great skin) but it always looked cakey on me near the end of the day. It is difficult to get out of fabric. This product felt heavy on my skin too. I would use it if in a jam, but prefer my mineral makeup any day of the week : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by classygirl

Just bought my second bottle. FTR, I've tried high and low end foundations. I have the combo/oily colorstay. I have problematic skin. I have huge pores, scars, acne and slight wrinkles (33yrs old). I get dry patches and eczema as well. I react to many things. I do not react to this product. Plus, it's fantastic coverage. I wear Physicans Formula mineral powder over. Almost completely flawless. My only negatives would be the bottle. When you get to the end, it's tough to get out. Smells kind of like paint???but goes away asap. If you get it on your clothes, it's tough to get it out. Othewise, this stuff is fantastic. Edited to add- use a sponge with this. I apply with fingers, but use a round sponge right after application. The wedge sponges work great for right to application. I use Target sponges.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lalaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation of all time. I've tried so many other foundations over the years. I have normal to oily skin. This foundation makes your skin flawless. Some have said it's too thick and cakey but you just have to know how to apply it. I usually dot it on and work very fast blending one area at a time working all the way around my face. A little goes a long way. Then I take a makeup sponge and very lightly go over my face. It takes all of 45 seconds to apply. Since my nose is oily, I do use a little makeup primer (in the form of monistat anti-chaffing gel) on my nose before I apply the foundation.
    I hope they never dicontinue this!! I will be EXTREMELY upset!

This makeup stays just applied fresh all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by tomatosauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to get this foundation in oil/comb skin 180 sand beige cuz of all the good review..
    i tried it on.. looks fab... it covers the post acne marks.. and large pores and other imperfections ..and i set it with a powder but after awhile (couple hours) it goes kind of oily or slippery.

I have combination skin with mild acne, the post acne marks takes me forever to get rid of. so try to cover it up during the day.

I don't know is it just me , because the reviews say it soaks up oil..
    but it doesn't work for me. may be is because i'm only putting a thin layer on, don't want to look too cakey or way obvious.

The consistency is pretty thick, so i'm worried that if i put a thick layer, it will cause break outs because of the blocked pores.

does any one have similar experience???