Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 4/24/2008 12:22:00 PM

I really love this product. If you go to the revlon home page you can answer a few questions to help you figure out the best shade for you. I found that the sand beige matched my skin perfectly. I don't even have to apply it everywhere. Just around my nose and eyes and it blends in with the rest of my skin. I will totally be bying this again. I have noticed that Rite Aid will have specials on revlon products pretty often, buy one get one free. That makes for a great deal. Love it!!!!

on 4/23/2008 2:24:00 AM

this stuff pretty much sucks. and for a d/s product, its kind of expensive too. i bought the color 110 ivory for combo/oily skin and even though its the lightest, its too dark for my NW15ish skin. also, no matter how i apply it, it looks horrible! i've tried a damp sponge, dry sponge, stippling brush, regular foundation brush, and fingers and every time you could see the makeup on my face. it also accentuated any tiny little dry spot on my face and made the texture of my skin look horrible and old. and it has a weird smell...it smells powdery and the smell lasts like all day. the only reason it gets a 2 rating instead of a 1 is because it is transfer resistant and seemed to last quite awhile. i really wanted to like it too, given all the raves from the boards. oh well!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My only gripes are that I can't find an exact color match and not quite enough coverage for my old skin. I work some of these problems out with a little Becca powder. I am still on the hunt of the HG! I use the one for oily skin over Olay Complete Sensitve SPF 15 and looks pretty good!

on 4/11/2008 12:42:00 PM

I really love that this foundation lets you choose between "combination/oily" and "combination/dry." It's not very common to find that in makeup, let alone drugstore makeup. I like the coverage...The product is thick and creamy but looks really natural. The lightest shade works on my face. My only real issue is the stupid packaging. This stuff is THICK, and it's a glass bottle. It's really, really hard to get stuff out. Should be in a squeeze-tube or something.

on 4/8/2008 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product for years hoping to find a good drugstore foundation...Why does this product have a layer of oil pooled at the top if it is supposedly oil free? Well, I put a tiny blob of it on a paper towel overnight and an oil ring formed..isn't that supposed to mean oil is in the make up? Anyway, I never liked it, never found a color that did not oxidize on my face and it always ended up clogging my face, so not worth the cheap price to me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff gave me the worst acne break out ever...wouldnt touch it again with a 10ft barge poll!

I heard good things about this foundation, and my other one was getting too expensive so I decided to try it out. I'm pretty disappointed. It takes about three coats of this stuff before I get good coverage. Just one coat and it doesn't cover ANYTHING. I don't have bad acne, I just want to cover my acne scars and take care of some redness. This just doesn't cut it.
This might be good for you if you have good skin and just want to even out your skin tone, but if you actually have things to cover...I'd try something else. Dermablend is what I used before, and it's much better.

on 4/2/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This foundation tops the list of my favorites. I've been using Revlon Color stay foundation for over 10 years and it's still working great. I wear Cappuccino in the oily/combo formulation. The color is great and matches my skin tone exactly. I have acne prone skin with sensitive areas and it doesn't cause me to break out. The only thing I don't like is the soft flex. It seems to take away from the staying power of the foundation. I really liked the old formulation. Despite this, it's still one of the best you'll find and it's inexpensive.

I have no problems applying the foundation. I use a dry wedge sponge, apply it to one section of my face at a time and allow it to dry for 1-2 minutes before applying other makeup. It has a light, buildable coverage so it looks very natural. No one can tell I'm wearing foundation.

I'd like to add that Revlon makes good cosmetics in general. I also like Color Stay eyeliners and eye shadows. The highlighters are subtle and the lipsticks/glosses are fantastic. Very good deal for the money...

on 3/30/2008 10:12:00 AM

I've been a Colorstay user for many years, and, I will try different products after hearing the hype, but, I wind up going back every time. I'd like it better if it came in a tube, because when you get to the end of the bottle you wind up doing acrobatics to get the last of it out, but, hey, nothing can be perfect.

As to application, what I've found to be the best application technique is a dry makeup sponge. With a wet sponge, it seems like it doesn't blend as well on my skin, and if I use my fingers, I tend to be heavier-handed, and wind up with a mask on, and, I've never been able to apply liquid foundation with a brush and have it look worth a durn. I just put my moisturizer on (hope in a jar), or, if my skin's feeling breakoutish, Neutrogena Stress Gel, let it soak in a few minutes, then sponge on my foundation, and go. You have to work fast with it, but, once you're used to it, it is easy-peasy.

The price isn't bad at all, especially when you find it on sale at one of the drugstores as a BOGO, or in the 2 packs that you occasionally find at Wal-Mart. The price is DAMN good if you compare it to Double Wear, which, to me, is a good product, but, no better at all, considering it is about $40USD for the same amount.

I have combination skin, with tendencies to break out around time for my friend to come to town, and a tad of acne scarring, so, my skin ain't perfect by a mile, but, this works to smooth out the bad spots without having to devote my life to checking my makeup every five minutes.

This IS a color stay foundation indeed and i love this fact. Covers and eves pretty well too...doesn't break out...just shows some lines on your face wich makes you look a little old....when you are not. :) I will buy this product again....maybe.