Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my ultimate favorite drugstore foundation! I have zitty red skin that is discolored in some areas, but this stuff has amazing coverage! Everyone at school & work would never guess that I actually have horrible skin. Not to mention, my skin is super OILY which means that most liquid foundations seep off my face. I bought the one for oily/combo skin and it works FABULOUSLY. The foundation is still on my face at the end of a long day. Definetly my HG.

on 5/18/2008 11:00:00 AM

Long time user of this product. It was better before they changed it to add "Soft Flex". Not such a fan anymore but have no adequate alternative.

Tips:
Dermalogica's Precleanse is excellent for getting this off at the end of the day.

Translucent powder by Vichy's Dermablend works best for me with this foundation.

Colorstay concealer is great for under eyes when/if needed.
Just dab the foundation over top.

Wish: That they get rid of the soft flex and revert to the original formula.

on 5/17/2008 10:04:00 PM

I have to admit, I can be a bit of a makeup snob & I'm really not big on drugstore makeup. I purchased this because of MUA, I was on the lookout for a new foundation even though I recently purchased a few new ones including MUFE Face & Body, MUFE Mat Velvet, MAC Mineralized, & MUFE Pan Stick--all of which have their pros & cons but none of were HG IMO.

I quickly found myself falling in love with Revlon Colorstay regardless of my HE M/U obsession. This foundation gives medium coverage, never cakes, & never looks fake or too heavy on my skin. I use it with a damp beautyblender sponge & I always get a perfect application everytime. I never have to use too much of this product to get the result that I want, I use about a dime sized amount of product & this gives me enough coverage for my entire face. I find that this wears all day long without me having to touch up my face & it doesn't rub off on my clothing which is amazing. Another pro is that it doesn't look too matte so I don't feel like this foundation makes me look older than I really am. The only con that I can really say is the packaging... for some reason there is one side of the bottle that constantly drips from the top of the bottle... it isn't cracked or broken so I'm not sure what the problem is but I cannot leave it in my traincase or any of my cosmetic bags because it will leak & ruin my bags. I have to keep it in a small ziplock bag so it doesn't ruin my other stuff. Other than that this one is great & it does not break me out. I'll always be on the lookout for new things because I am a beauty junkie but I think this one is one that I will definitely keep coming back to when I'm in foundation limbo.

on 5/17/2008 6:29:00 PM

I've been using this product for years now and and it works great for me because I have such oily skin. I love this product because it last me all day and keeps my skin matte looking. The only downsize about this product is that once you dab it on your face, you have to apply it right away or it wont blend together.

on 5/15/2008 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have the foundation in almost every color, oily/normal & dry formula! I mix diff. ones with Buff depending on what season it is. Been buying for years, even though it is a LITTLE pink for me love the coverage and stays on forever, talking 15 hours here! Unlike everyone else, like the bottle b/c i use with damp sponge. Would def. buy it if your looking for a good quality drugstore foundation

this was pretty good for a drugstore foundation but i don't think i will be buying it again.

1. i actually took some out of the bottle in the store (i know, i know) and thought i had the right color but in certain lights in can look a little unnatural

2 because of the staying power (which is good) it was very hard to blend this correctly, even over moisturizer and mattifier

3 the bottle gives you WAY too much foundation at once, and you end up wasting a lot of foundation so it doesn't last very long

4 it was really hard to get off at the end of the day, even after an exfoliating scrub and toner. i'm not sure if it was that or the ingredients in the makeup, but i'm pretty sure that it made me break out even more than i usually do

however, if you don't want to bring out the big bucks for a higher end foundation, this is a decent drugstore buy because it reduced the shine on my forehead and nose, didn't feel too cakey on the dry parts of my skin, and provided good coverage for my "bumps"

on 5/11/2008 5:03:00 PM

I have been using this foundation in the buff color for almost 7 years and I love it! I was tired of using foudations that made my skin look oily and that faded away as the day ended. This foundation stays on great all day and night! No touchups needed, which is great when you don't have time for touchups. I also love it because it is waterproof! This makes is easy for days at the pool or any other water activities. It comes off easily with Oil Of Olay facial cleanser. I have sensitive skin and have never had any problems with breakouts due to this product. I hope they never discontinue this item. A squeeze bottle would be appreciated. Most importantly, I would like to say that I still get compliments on how great my skin looks. Thank you Revlon for the Colorstay foundation!!!!!!!!

on 5/10/2008 5:06:00 PM

First off, I think I have just found my HG liquid foundation!

Just purchased Revlon's Colorstay Foundation in Nude. I've heard so many recs for this, and I have to say it is awesome.

Makes my skin feel baby soft; very velvety. I purchased the one for normal to oily skin. The past year or so my skin has changed from normal-to-dry allover to now having dry, oily and normal spots. I guess I have to be weird like that.

I applied the foundation with a foundation brush, and the coverage went on so smoothly. If I run out of this foundation, I will repurchase over and over. Definitely worth the $12 I paid for it!

I bought this foundation when I ran out of my Revlon Skinlights diffusing tint. I thought since they were both from Revlon, maybe Colorstay would be a good substitute. I was dead wrong! This would be a good foundation for someone who likes lots of coverage. I'm talking, basically if you want to wear a mask and don't mind feeling like your skin can't "breathe". It felt very heavy and looked chalky even though I tried to use as little as possible. My skin had zero glow to it. It did keep me from getting oily, but honestly I'll take a little oil over looking like my skin is lifeless. I was so disappointed with this foundation that I went home on my lunch break and washed it off (which was a chore because this stuff didn't want to budge). I'm pretty sure it also made me break out, even from just 4 hours of wear! I will never waste my time on this makeup again.

I actually like this product, its covers nicely and isn't cakey, unfortunaly i broke out loads, if it weren't for that i'm pretty sure i would proceed to buy it.