Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this foundation but after a while it gets cakey. I'm taking medication and it's like my skin got used to it so I have to switch up my foundations all the time. When I switch back it works fine. I'm having a problem locatinga good color because my face doesn't really tan but the rest of my body does. I am usually a NW30 and I'm using nude 200 in revlon but I need something tanner. I use bronzder as well but not dark enough.

i really love this foundation. it stays on through the whole day (even if i'm working out!) and the color match is dead on. it's amazing :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was really excited to try this out because of all the good reviews. I think overall that the formula is good, however, Revlon is not big on expanding their shades for darker skin tones. I'm also not keen on the fact that they stop their SPF coverage at a certain shade. I'm going back to MAC Studio Fix.

Ok, ladies. I am the AUTHORITY on this stuff...been using it for 15 years! Its hands down, incredible. I have tested it against at least 10 other "long wearing stay put" department store brands including estee lauder, prescriptives, makeup for ever, lancome, chanel, the list goes on and on. Anytime I see claims that a makeup is "long wearing" and "Transfer resistant", I tried it. This stuff suprasses ALL other brands in longevity and it really STAYS!
First of all, the colors are pretty great. Its medium/full coverage, and you can make it pretty sheer if you use a sponge. The secret is how you apply it! Anyone out there who gives this a negative review has not learned how to apply it, since it is very different from other foundations. You have to apply one section at a time, as it dries VERY quickly and WILL not blend after it dries. So all of you who are used to patting & dabbing forever to build coverage, this is NOT how you put this stuff on. If you could blend it forever, obviously it would not be very "stay put" would it?
So...say you try to "touch up" after it dries, you have to be very careful and use a cosmetic sponge, or things will get weird. Once it's on there, its on there, and you better not add more, since this will litterally make it too full coverage.
What I LOVE LOVE LOVE about it is that when it dries, you dust it with a little loose powder, and it feels weightless, dry, and absorbs oil. Your skin really feels like it can breathe! Great for oily skin!
I am absolutely not kidding when I say I go swimming with this stuff, and it does not move. As long as you don't rub your face, and you just let the water roll off, it will NOT move. I am not exaggerating! It makes all of your other makeup stay too! Eyeshadows stay put, blush stays better, eyeliner stays better, because it anchors them down. Awesome stuff!!! I may never find anything better...

This is the first foundation that I have repurchased in years. It's the only drugstore foundation that provides the coverage I need without looking like a mask. My only complaint is the packaging. I wish Revlon would put this in a nice plastic pump.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation stays on and doesn't rub off! Even after 8 hours in humid climate, it doesn't smear. One of the features I find most attractive in this foundation is that it settles on my skin really nicely.

However, I think the packaging can be improved. The older versions of colorstay used to have pumps instead of the free-pour. I find that I waste more product with free-pour and it takes too much effort to get the stuff out. Plus, I think it might be better for a foundation if it had a pump cap to avoid oxidation. Perhaps Revlon should change it back to pumps!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing foundation. If you have oily skin this is the best foundation out there. I've tried it all (usually high end, from Chanel to La Mer) and everything seemed ok at first but by the end of the hour I'd have oil all over my t-zone. Revlon Colorstay for oily skin is incredibly matte and it goes on very sheer or you can also build up the coverage (I usually do that for the night). For the first time in my life I've received compliments on my skin and no one ever notices that I'm wearing makeup (I'm a guy). I love this product and I highly recommend it to everyone with oily skin.

I will keep buying this until I find my real HG. This is good though. Coverage is nice without being opaque or cakey, good texture, good color match for me in Natural Beige. I would say it lasts between 8 - 10 hours on me. This is the best I've found so far.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used the old version and the new version for oily skin. This is a God sent for oily skin people who cannot get their foundation to stay on the whole day. Aside from the durability, I love the Medium Golden shade, which blends my skin perfectly. It is perfect for my very yellow undertone and creates this very classy shade. I have received so many compliments on my skin. I have checked my face 10 to 20 hours after application and my foundation has stayed put and fresh. Great product.

I've tried a lot of drugstore foundations, and none can compare to this! Revlon Colorstay Foundation left my skin absolutely flawless, and it lasted. The coverage was medium, but can definitely be upped to full if you apply more. Even if I applied a lot, I felt like my skin was still my skin, because it didn't look caked on. I get compliments on my skin all the time. I definitely recommend this to anyone. :)