Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 5/11/2008 5:03:00 PM

I have been using this foundation in the buff color for almost 7 years and I love it! I was tired of using foudations that made my skin look oily and that faded away as the day ended. This foundation stays on great all day and night! No touchups needed, which is great when you don't have time for touchups. I also love it because it is waterproof! This makes is easy for days at the pool or any other water activities. It comes off easily with Oil Of Olay facial cleanser. I have sensitive skin and have never had any problems with breakouts due to this product. I hope they never discontinue this item. A squeeze bottle would be appreciated. Most importantly, I would like to say that I still get compliments on how great my skin looks. Thank you Revlon for the Colorstay foundation!!!!!!!!

on 5/10/2008 5:06:00 PM

First off, I think I have just found my HG liquid foundation!

Just purchased Revlon's Colorstay Foundation in Nude. I've heard so many recs for this, and I have to say it is awesome.

Makes my skin feel baby soft; very velvety. I purchased the one for normal to oily skin. The past year or so my skin has changed from normal-to-dry allover to now having dry, oily and normal spots. I guess I have to be weird like that.

I applied the foundation with a foundation brush, and the coverage went on so smoothly. If I run out of this foundation, I will repurchase over and over. Definitely worth the $12 I paid for it!

I bought this foundation when I ran out of my Revlon Skinlights diffusing tint. I thought since they were both from Revlon, maybe Colorstay would be a good substitute. I was dead wrong! This would be a good foundation for someone who likes lots of coverage. I'm talking, basically if you want to wear a mask and don't mind feeling like your skin can't "breathe". It felt very heavy and looked chalky even though I tried to use as little as possible. My skin had zero glow to it. It did keep me from getting oily, but honestly I'll take a little oil over looking like my skin is lifeless. I was so disappointed with this foundation that I went home on my lunch break and washed it off (which was a chore because this stuff didn't want to budge). I'm pretty sure it also made me break out, even from just 4 hours of wear! I will never waste my time on this makeup again.

I actually like this product, its covers nicely and isn't cakey, unfortunaly i broke out loads, if it weren't for that i'm pretty sure i would proceed to buy it.

on 4/28/2008 1:59:00 AM

Great coverage : ) Stays on all day! I hate the bottle, but i absolutely love the foundation. There is no pink in the buff, and that's why i like it so much. If you can't find your exact color, I would mix two together : ) I have super oily skin that is prone to break outs, and this stuff didn't even make me break out when I slept in it!

on 4/26/2008 8:46:00 AM

I like this foundation for winter. It has REALLY GREAT coverage and truly stays on all day. I actually have to use a makeup remover cloth to take it off before washing my face. It's definitely heavier, not a summer foundation. If I don't wash it off at night, it will clog my pores and cause breakouts but as long as I wash it completely off, it's fine.

on 4/24/2008 12:22:00 PM

I really love this product. If you go to the revlon home page you can answer a few questions to help you figure out the best shade for you. I found that the sand beige matched my skin perfectly. I don't even have to apply it everywhere. Just around my nose and eyes and it blends in with the rest of my skin. I will totally be bying this again. I have noticed that Rite Aid will have specials on revlon products pretty often, buy one get one free. That makes for a great deal. Love it!!!!

on 4/23/2008 2:24:00 AM

this stuff pretty much sucks. and for a d/s product, its kind of expensive too. i bought the color 110 ivory for combo/oily skin and even though its the lightest, its too dark for my NW15ish skin. also, no matter how i apply it, it looks horrible! i've tried a damp sponge, dry sponge, stippling brush, regular foundation brush, and fingers and every time you could see the makeup on my face. it also accentuated any tiny little dry spot on my face and made the texture of my skin look horrible and old. and it has a weird smell...it smells powdery and the smell lasts like all day. the only reason it gets a 2 rating instead of a 1 is because it is transfer resistant and seemed to last quite awhile. i really wanted to like it too, given all the raves from the boards. oh well!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My only gripes are that I can't find an exact color match and not quite enough coverage for my old skin. I work some of these problems out with a little Becca powder. I am still on the hunt of the HG! I use the one for oily skin over Olay Complete Sensitve SPF 15 and looks pretty good!

on 4/11/2008 12:42:00 PM

I really love that this foundation lets you choose between "combination/oily" and "combination/dry." It's not very common to find that in makeup, let alone drugstore makeup. I like the coverage...The product is thick and creamy but looks really natural. The lightest shade works on my face. My only real issue is the stupid packaging. This stuff is THICK, and it's a glass bottle. It's really, really hard to get stuff out. Should be in a squeeze-tube or something.