Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 6/11/2008 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used the old version and the new version for oily skin. This is a God sent for oily skin people who cannot get their foundation to stay on the whole day. Aside from the durability, I love the Medium Golden shade, which blends my skin perfectly. It is perfect for my very yellow undertone and creates this very classy shade. I have received so many compliments on my skin. I have checked my face 10 to 20 hours after application and my foundation has stayed put and fresh. Great product.

on 6/8/2008 12:50:00 PM

I've tried a lot of drugstore foundations, and none can compare to this! Revlon Colorstay Foundation left my skin absolutely flawless, and it lasted. The coverage was medium, but can definitely be upped to full if you apply more. Even if I applied a lot, I felt like my skin was still my skin, because it didn't look caked on. I get compliments on my skin all the time. I definitely recommend this to anyone. :)

on 6/7/2008 7:18:00 PM

Oh my goodness, I thought that Mac Studio fix was the best foundation, but....this one beats it by a long shot. I am an NC15/20 in the Studio Fix Powder Compact. I use the buff shade which is the equivalent in the Revlon Color Stay for oily/combination skin. I am not kidding.....i have acne prone, oily skin. I was out today in 32 degrees Celsius weather and was wearing it since 9:00 am in the morning....7pm, and it still looks great. All I need to do is touch up with a bit of loose powder and I'm good to go! I tried the Studio fix liquid foundation which is supposed to be the equivalent....but the Colorstay I found the color to be better suited for me and the coverage was way better and quite natural looking. Highly recommend it....I also have a lot of redness in my skin and this covers everything! Awesome product....this is my new Holy Grail foundation....Love this!

on 6/4/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation. May be my holy grail. Lasts at least 14 hours with little fading. I wear toast on my skin (MAC Nc42-43) and it's a great match. Coverage is good -- medium to full. Doesn't get greasy, but doesn't feel tight. Doesn't rub off on my boyfriend's shirt when I hug him. Great!

on 6/4/2008 10:38:00 AM

I am on the hunt for my HG.. I bought Revlon Colorstay due to the awesome reviews I see on here. However, I have got to be doing something wrong. I've tried applying with my fingers, brush, and sponge and I cannot get it to last all day to save my life! I have some acne scarring and I can't even get it to cover any of those either. Please help. :-(

on 6/3/2008 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

when i heard that it can stay up to 16 hrs, i was impressed and bought the one for normal/oily skin. but i was disappointed by the results. it gave me a heavy caked on look and it didnt really last for 16 hrs, more like 6, and within 2 hours i was shiny, cause i have oily skin. and it also comes off on clothes and emphasised on my pores on the nose. it looked horrible! i dont think i'm buying this again.

on 5/31/2008 11:13:00 AM

This liquid foundation can seem rather thick and masky IF you use it straight out of the bottle. However, if you mix it with one half part moisturizer it produces the most beautiful, dewy, most flawless finish of any foundation I have ever tried. It lasts all day and never fades or smudges. Try this and you won't be disappointed.

on 5/27/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say, this product was absolutely terrible for my skin. I wanted to find a not-so-expensive liquid that would work for me, and for a few days I thought this was it. Nope. It clogged my pores so horribly, but I didn't break out - what ended up happening was that I just had a scaly build up of the silicones in the product in my pores. Ick! I had to exfoliate every day for a week to get rid of the problem. Never again.

Hands down, the best most dependable foundation for girls who need makeup that performs all day. It is thick, and I use Lubriderm lotion with SPF 15...ad just a dab to the foundation in my hand, and it seems to be just the trick to make it easier to apply and less "masky." It is a wonderful foundation that I've yet to see outpeformed. Sometimes I try for "regular" foundation...but I always come back to this. Holy Grail, indeed. UPDATE: Great for a quick fix if you don't have time for regular foundation, but the one downside is this does break me out, which is unusual for me. Must have lots of oil. And I consider my skin normal to dry.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my ultimate favorite drugstore foundation! I have zitty red skin that is discolored in some areas, but this stuff has amazing coverage! Everyone at school & work would never guess that I actually have horrible skin. Not to mention, my skin is super OILY which means that most liquid foundations seep off my face. I bought the one for oily/combo skin and it works FABULOUSLY. The foundation is still on my face at the end of a long day. Definetly my HG.