MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 4/22/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Painterly is a nice color and base to even out my eyelids. I certainly can't use this alone tho. I have to wear a primer otherwise it will crease after a few hours. My eyelids can get oily, but not overly crazy. Maybe it creases on me because of the humidity here? Anyway, it's a nice addition to my makeup collection and really like this stuff. Just sucks I can't use it without primer.

on 4/22/2011 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

HG primer!!!!!

on 4/22/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this as a primer!! I have been reaching for it more than my Urban Decay Primer Potion!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this base under anything, I highly recommend this paintpot under all eyeshadows. Most of the time i use this under TFSI to prevent any creasing at all even though i don't have oily lids at all, but hey better safe then sorry. With that said, this is a very creamy, smooth,and opaque product that not only hides any imperfections and evens out the colors on your eye lids, it also creates a fresh, clean, and even cavas on your eyelids for all your eyeshadows making them more vibrant and true to hue. I'm a NW20-NW25 and i adore painterly as it is described as a "nude beige" . I swear by this product and if your a NW or have pink/red warmer undertones i highly recommend this base to you. If your a NC and have yellow/cooler undertones go with soft ochre as it is described a "yellow beige". I personally don't use or own soft ochre as i have tried it in stores and it is too yellow and cool toned for me. Just remember Painterly is for NW's with warm undertones and Soft ochre is for NC's with cool undertones!

on 4/21/2011 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing this by itself for a few days now and so far, so good. It does crease by the end of the day, but I have very, very oily lids, so I'm not completely surprised. I'm not a big fan of the glass packaging.

on 4/21/2011 4:52:00 PM

I loved the texture of this, opaque, creamy and not too dry like Soft Ochre. Unfortunately, on my eyelids, it is pink. I have NC20 skin, my lids are darker, maybe NC25-30. When I put this stuff on, it turns my eyelid a coral pink colour. It's not just a barely there pink, it's a highly visible pink tone. When I put on eyeshadows, it alters the colour of my eyeshadow, making them appear much more warmer than I would like them to be. Soft Ochre fits me so much better, unfortunately it does have the issue of being dry and flaky looking on lids. I usually wear my paint pots after my TFSI, and I use them more like a paint for blanking out the colour of my lids, not as eyeshadow primers. But on top of TFSI, they look lovely all day, and my eyeshadows stay put. I recommend them, but for some reason Painterly did not work for me.

on 4/21/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I'd like to say that I have four MAC paint pots: Rubenesque, Bare Study, Fresco Rose and Painterly. Rubenesque and Fresco Rose were dry and cakey right out of the packaging. I'm assuming that there was something wrong with them, for Bare Study and Painterly are very, very creamy. I suggest asking for a worker at MAC to test the creaminess of a paint pot before you buy it to prevent purchasing one like my unsatisfactory paint pots.

With that out of the way, let me say that I have very thin eyelids. They are a bit red and the veins are highly visible--but they're not oily at all whatsoever. Painterly makes the veins, which are usually easily perceived, invisible. The result is a flawless matte canvas that matches perfectly with my skin tone. It isn't cakey, nor does it seem obvious that I'm wearing makeup. As far as creasing goes, due to my lack of oily skin creasing is never much of a problem regardless of the product that I'm using. That said, I do not crease with Painterly.

I cannot adequately describe to any of you how much I recommend this product.

on 4/15/2011 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this! I even like it better than urban decay primer potion. A must have!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I finally got my first paint pot in Painterly and I love it! It has a nice, creamy texture to it and I use it as my primer/eyeshadow base. It's almost my skin tone color which is NC20 but that's okay because it doesn't matter. I like the packaging and it can be a little over expensive but I'm fine with that. I hope that they come up with a bigger paint pot collection because basically there are only skin-type colors for paint pots.

on 4/10/2011 11:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. Yes, it is expensive, but it I also use it as a primer. I tend to justify primers and their costs. You might not wear the same particular eyeshadows every single day, but I wear this every time I wear eye makeup.

I found it really made my eyeshadow colours pop. It made me want to branch out and try the other shades they have (Rubanesque, etc.)

I found it worked really well with MAC shadows, but it didn't work well with my Maybelline or Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows. I didn't have any other high end eyeshadows in my collection.

Where I live in Canada the weather ranges from very hot and humid to very cold and dry and my eye makeup lasted throughout.

The packaging is great, the glass container fits in your makeup bag or purse easily and you can get to all of the product. It lasted a long time-- I bought it a year ago and only recently noticed a change in quality and consistency and didn't get anywhere near the bottom of the jar. It began to dry out and become cakey. I'm not sure what the shelf life of this product should be, but I don't share products and do routine "smell checks" to see if it's gone off.

I switched to TFSI just to give it a try and was in Sephora for something else anyway, but I would go back to MAC and purchase it again.