November 27, 2014 | 971 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by annia316

At first I really struggled buying this because the price is really high for such a small pot. But I took my chances and now I am a believer! I am sooo glad I bought this pain pot! I got those small blueish veins on my eyelids .. I really hate those. I always tried to cover them with a nude eyeshadow by Alima (Blonde). It worked for me but it wasn't the best solution. Painterly is for me the best solution to this problem :) It lasts all day long and I really have fun applying it. I found the ELF Eyeshadow brush working best for me for this product. I will sure buy this paintpot again! Also eager to try the other shades now (soft ochre I.E.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by erodrig44

I have been using groundwork for the past couple years and am finally running out, but I wanted something a little lighter in color. Tested this out several times at the counter and just wasnt loving it. I didn't like the texture. Then the girl gave me a sample to try for a while...I haven't picked up groundwork since. Although I have to be careful not to put too much on, I love how this evens out my eyelid skin tone. It doesn't hide the veins as well as groundwork, but I love the creaminess and it makes my makeup stay true to color all day. Will def be buying this next!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by natalieshusterman

I was looking for a product to prevent creasing with eyeshadows and to create a neutral base for days when I wanted to look more pulled together. I'm fair with yellow undertones and Painterly was a bit ashy on me, but with the right amount of blending it wasn't a problem. While I liked the creamy consistency and neutral color, I was put off by the fact that it did in fact crease. I mean, the whole point of the product is to prevent creasing, right? Because I was dying to give Painterly the benefit of the doubt, I tried blotting my lids first, applying less, applying more, blending, using with and without shadow, and nothing worked. Maybe it's just me (and according to the MAC girl, it basically is, haha), but it simply didn't do as promised. You could definitely use a primer before, but that seems silly. Two primers doesn't make one right.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by princessglam

for reference i am asian with yellow undertones and an NC35. Ive been doing alot of research before i bought this particular pain pot. Ive been torn between painterly and soft ochre! everyone says soft ochre is for people with yellow undertones! But for some reason painterly looked better on me. Soft ochre was too yellow, i felt like a banana! lol and paint pots are good base and primers! love them! they never creased on me! idk why people say it creases. its creamy but it dries really good on the lids. i have been using UDDP and after i found this, i never went back to using it. UDDP doesnt allow me to blend much, and paint pots do! i dnt use UDDP under the paint pot coz it pretty much holds itself well! definitely will buy over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday as my eyeshadow base. It is the perfect tone for my NC20 skin and dark hair. It is great value for money - I bought mine back in 2009 and I still have 1/5 left. Will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

Love this. Very easy to apply (I find that fingers work best as it can be too chalky if applied with a brush). Alone, it makes my lids even in color and allows my eye color to pop. With shadow, it allows the shadow to remain true, not migrate or break down. I even apply a bit to my undereye area at times to minimize dark circles. Does not budge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ampcuenca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great shadow base! This works really well on my oily lids. I love how it gives me a clean & matte canvass. Using my ring finger, I just dab a bit of this product all over my lids. I usually use it under the neutral shadows from my Too Faced Palette. It's also perfect for toning down those super bright/vibrant shadows. Would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by scfindlay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't live without Painterly now! It takes the redness away from my lids so the real eyeshadow color can be seen :) I have been using the same jar almost daily for 6 months and have barely made a dent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Thalia773

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

absolutely loooove this as a primer. Although I don't reccommend this you could actually sleep in your eye makeup and wakeup with it still looking freshly applied. It lasts forever, not just on but such a little goes a long way, so this will last for months. It is an eyeshadow but frequently used as a primer because of its denseness and smoothness. No creases and make the top color pop! Even worn alone painterly is such a neutral color it just makes your eyes look more alert and alive. it has a pinkish beige undertone so it evens out uneven color. I have tried several actual primers and keep going back to my paint pots, nothing has topped this yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many others, I bought Painterly to use as a shadow base.

I've been using Urban Decay's deservedly famous Primer Potion for years, and like it, but at times it can feel a little thick, so I gave Painterly a try.

Painterly goes on smoothly with my 195 brush, and blends seamlessly with my NW15 skin.

The only trouble, and this *may* be a deal-breaker for me, is the fact that Painterly doesn't seem to prevent creasing on my uber oily eyelids for as long as Primer Potion typically does.

That said, I like the way Painterly glides on, masking any irregularities in skin tone, and it *does* help my shadows to look better longer than they would if I didn't use any sort of base.

Therefore, I'll keep experimenting with Painterly. However, I *may* just have to accept the fact that Primer Potion is the one and only for me.