MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 6/27/2011 1:09:00 AM

I have always loved mac eye shadows and I just recently decided to try a paint pot. I purchased painterly because so many people rave about it and I am so glad I did. I will repurchase forever, and I would recommend this product to ANYONE. The paint pot literally keeps my eyeshadow looking perfect until the second I wash it off. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product and would recommend it to anyone.

on 6/23/2011 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love that MAC's paint pots certainly keep makeup from creasing, but Painterly is far too light. I am NC25-30 and so when I use Painterly it looks a little silly and too light. I have seen other gurus use this who have similar or darker complexions and it just looks silly. I wish they had a similar matte shade that was a little darker!

on 6/23/2011 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love Mac paint pot in Painterly! It is the most beautiful color and glides on so creamy and easily! I switched to this after using urban decay's primer potion in eden, I find the packaging more desirable in the paint pot; Also, the eyeshadow lasts all day and doesn't crease! I love it and will keep my makeup bag stocked with this always!

on 6/20/2011 6:19:00 AM

I really, really like this product. I'm a NW20 and was tossing up between Painterly and Soft Ochre, but am glad I chose Painterly. It is the perfect base for my eyeshadow (really helps prevent fall out) and sometimes I wear it alone on my eye which covers discolouring and brightens my whole face. It is expensive ($35 AUD) and sometimes if I wear it alone it can feel a bit dry on my eyelids, but it is great overall and I will definitely buy it again if I ever run out!

on 6/19/2011 11:46:00 AM

Amazing...dont know what I did without it! A little goes a long way,so the price isnt bad at all as this should last you forever,I am just about half done and I purchased this a year ago.I will repurchase this over and over.

on 6/17/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

it's too pink-ish for me and it's kinda drying. i should of bought soft ochre

on 6/6/2011 8:43:00 PM

This is my favorite paint pot aside Bare Canvas. This is beautiful on olive-fair skin. I use my fix fluid with it so I can damp it before using otherwise it looks super dry and flakey. I really like it and I belive I've had it for over 2 years now. Still works great.

on 6/1/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this as a base. Now I realize why my eyeshadow always wore off after a couple hours. Not anymore! I've tried actual "primers" (ie. urban decay primer potion) which are good too, but I like the lightweight feel of the paint pots better. :) It wasn't sticky at all and made my eyeshadow vibrant and last all day. I highly recommend it and would buy another one but the one I have now has lasted me so long already. :)

on 6/1/2011 3:10:00 PM

I used to use Clinique's canvas touchbase but since I love MAC's eye shadows, I decided to try their base. I love this stuff. My eyeshadow stays put all day and without creases. Will definetely buy again!

on 5/29/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have very oily eyelids. I usually use UD but wanted to give this a try due to all the good reviews. I have now used it for some time and it does not prevent my eyeshadow from gliding off. I am still getting oily eyelids after an hour or so :-( I also think when i use this as a base it make the eyeshadow that goes on top difficult to blend.

Popular Eye Shadows