November 22, 2014 | 950 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lamaey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very similar to the popular Burt's Bee Beeswax that comes in a tin can.

This product design is great because it comes in a twistable tube and you can apply it directly onto your lips without washing/sanitizing your hands.

The waxy consistency product is very moisturizing, but not in a oily slick/glossy way. It is moderately light on the lips; and adds a hint of tint to your lips. A thumb up for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by shacey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK- I really like this lip balm. It is a nice consistency - not to waxy, and not to oily. I think it does a good job moisturizing and adds a nice sheen and hint of color to my lips. Its the first lip balm that I have repurchased and seem to really stick with. I havent had any of the dryness issues some of the other reviewers have mentioned!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Definitely one of the best! Moisturizing, very slight healthy tint of color, and a pleasant mild scent - use this balm and your lips will be looking healthy & luscious in no time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is OK. It smells good, and it gives a subtle tint to my lips, which is nice. I didn't notice any moisturizing though. I also thought the product was a bit messy if I pressed it too hard on my lips. I think the product is too soft, so whenever I would apply it on my lips, the balm would get a little mashed and then it would be a mess to put the cap back on.

I won't be buying this again. I prefer the Beeswax and the Honey balms a lot more.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by shelovesyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love how this lip balm makes my lips look--slightly glossy with a tint of red--and it smells great! but I'm not sure if it really moisturizes that well...overall i guess i would buy it again, but I'm not gonna rely on it when i have chapped lips

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by t1ger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I LOVED this product. I liked the color and the smell. And then, I started noticing that my lips were suddenly drying out horribly. Too bad because I really wanted to like this product. I won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the first Burt's Bees product I've tried and am quite disappointed in it. It goes on nice and smooth at first. However, I do not find it moisturizing at all. The product just seems to sit on my lips without absorbing and just dries up, so I have to keep reapplying. Also, I am not sure but this product may have caused me to have a cold sore on the corner of my lip. Definately, will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It smells/tastes great - I love pomegranate, so naturally this is really great for me. It leaves my lips with a tiny bit of gloss, not as much as a lip gloss does, but enough so it's noticeable. I prefer it over a lip gloss actually, because this is not sticky at all like glosses are. It has a nice sheer pink tint, so it leaves my lips a nice, pleasant shade of reddish/pinkish color. It's a very moisturizing formula, my lips are left smooth for hours on end.

I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lip balm that acts more as a light lip color that is a bit glossy and very moisturizing. If you're looking for simply a basic every day lip balm, don't get this, get the original formula instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by kweshaun

I like this product. It smells nice and really keeps my lips soft. And I like the subtle tint. But it can be too glossy especially right after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by peppamint

This pomegranate version is BETTER than the original Burt's Bees. The original tends to be very waxy and waaaay too minty--my lips are always stinging from the "cooling" effect of the peppermint.

The pomegranate balm has a lovely scent--I wish it was a perfume, I'd buy it! However, this balm is kind of thin/oily when you apply it--it leaves your lips looking glossy. It's not rich and creamy, if you know what I mean.

I like the pink tint, and I wish Burt's Bees made a lipstick in the same color. The tint didn't show up on me, but when I swiped it on my hand you could see the pink. Perhaps if you put foundation on your lips before applying this balm it could double as a lip stain.

Overall, I wouldn't buy it again because there are so many more balms out there to try. This one just wasn't good enough for me to buy again.