November 22, 2014 | 2109 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by toastedbutter

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
i've spent well over hundreds of dollars to find the right foundation, and in the end, I never use them again.
The other day, I visited seattle and went to target to buy some makeup, and never in my life have I ever stopped to look at the products produced by Physicians Formula. But I found this package for $20 that is normally a $40 value when bought seperately. So I went into my hotel and tried it on. AND I ABSOLOUTELY LOVED THE TEXTURE!
my parents said that the colour matches me compared to any foundations I've tried in the past. It's been a week now, and I havent had any breakouts. Infact, when the foundation is on my face, my face feels naturally smooth.
Great stuff, and I would definetly buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by tinainaina

Okay. If any of you are like me who have the most sensitive skin in the world, then you have to listen up. I am allergic to almost everything. Seriously, and it's pretty sad. I remember back in high school, when I went to my prom , I got my make up done and looked so nice. The next morning my skin was itchy, dry and red. (Lancome). So I decided to stop using foundation of any sort--at all. I barely, ever, wear make up because my skin is so sensitive. I don't wash with any thing either. The only thing I use is Aveeno Baby Lotion on my face after I shower, because that's pretty much the only thing my skin accepts. I have pretty clear skin. When I got to college this year, I for some reason decided it would be good to have something for when I went out, during special occasions and such. That's when my makeup journey started.... I first tried.. Bare escentuals. It was terrible, I'm light-medium skin Asian. Bare escentuals was a bad color match. They don't have many colors to choose from either which i really hate. But it also caused my skin to get small itchy bumps. it just made my skin so bad. I returned that crap back to Sephora. Then, I decided to try Mac. I tried their Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish, it was a nice match, I guess? But it broke me out. Not in an itchy way, but gave me small pimples. I didn't like that. I returned that. then I tried macs foundation stick. I had a bump within... 2 hrs? I was seriously done looking after that. I tried to do some research on google, and I found out that mac's stuff isn't good for you anyway. So i stopped my makeup journey for a while, until i saw this physicians formula talc free thing on makeupalley. I purchased it at rite aid, for about 12 bucks? I don't know. I got it in buff beige. I must say it's been really great to me! No one knows im wearing it. it doesnt break me out or give me itchy spots. the color , matches me perfect. ! I really like it. i really reccomend it to anyone who has as sensitive skin as i do. take it from a girl who has to use baby products. ! the only thing i have to complain about is, that its a little expensive for something you can get at the drugstore, but i guess it's worth it. The packaging is terrible, its really messy. i want to get the pressed powder since it's less messy. The loose powder just gets everywhere. and the brush is really stiff. other than that, try iT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kdubb

I absolutely love this mineral powder! I have oily, acne prone skin with minor acne scarring. I'm a nanny, so during the summer days I try to avoid heavy make-up because I usually end up sweating and getting in the pool anyway. I put on a dab of concealer, swipe this over my face with a medium size make-up round (as you would find in a pressed powder compact... this provides better coverage for me than a brush) and it gives me gorgeous matte coverage with good oil control and the best staying power of any mineral powder I've tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by castlequeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

With mineral powders, I have tried the most expensive to least & this product is simply the best! Great staying power, natrual, no breakouts. I would recommend & re-purchase!! Have it in 2 shades!! Also love their mineral eye shadows- no creasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by x3kathryn09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made me break out like crazy!!!! I think the main reason I did was because of the mineral MICA...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lashout88

I have the translucent light shade of this powder, which works well for me. However, I'm curious what it would be like to get the regular light shade, instead of translucent light, but some people have said that there's a bit of a pink or orangey tint to it, so maybe I'll just stick with what works.

I've actually had this for almost a year (since last august) and I use it everyday! That's how much product there is in the container! I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, but it could be worse I guess. What I do is take the dome and brush off, hold the lid tight to the container, and shake some powder into the cap. Then I open the lid, swirl the brush in the powder, and tap off the excess. The brush isn't amazing, but it does buff the powder into my skin pretty well, and I love the fact that I don't look really made up after I put this on. Maybe I'll invest in a better brush soon. Generally, I just want my skin tone a bit more evened out and this does the trick. It gets rid of the extra shine and stays pretty well too. I still have to use concealer if my skin is broken out, as this doesn't cover pimples completely, but overall I would definitely buy this again.

I managed to get this at Walgreens when they had the entire Physician's Formula line for 40% off, plus there was a $1 off coupon on the package, so I really got a deal. Even if I had to pay full price, it lasts so long that it really isn't that expensive in the long run.

I was hesitant to jump on the mineral makeup craze, but I'm glad I did. This stuff is talc-free, and so much better for your face. My skin is able to breathe with this powder on, and it doesn't irritate my skin when I'm broken out. I'll definitely stick with this product :)

EDIT: 4/17/09 Well, I finally stopped using the crappy excuse for a brush that came with this powder. Now I use a great brush from Estee Lauder and it applies much better. That being said, this powder does NOT layer well, so I hate to do touch ups with it. Also, it can kinda melt on my face if it's too warm out, so I only use this in the winter. In fact, I rarely use this powder anymore due to my new favorite: Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in transparent. Since I've found something that works better on my skin, I've bumped the rating down to four lippies. Also, I probably would not buy this product again. Rimmel is much cheaper and keeps me shine-free longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is great! Sometimes it looks a little caked on if you don't apply it properly, but I have some small acne marks and every now and then a pimple pops up. This is good for my skin and makes it look clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by wildaquarian

It's so easy to use. I've been using this product for a couple of years now. I accumulated three different shades and I haven't used up any of them yet. I'll sometimes blend two different shades or just use one shade, depending on when I feel like looking lighter or darker. I still don't know which is my true shade, but it's great that many people don't notice that I am wearing makeup. Don't use their applicator brush. It sucks. I feel bad if I throw them away. I'll think of a way to make good use of those thick, hard hard kabuki brushes. I use another kind of natural hair powder brush that I really love. Use the dome to put the powder in, swirl in the brush and tap off the excess and voila!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by dnivera

I'm a light-skinned Asian and bought this in Buff Beige, which was a pretty good match. Overall a great product with blendable coverage, but the powder seems to get everywhere.
After putting this on, I didn't even feel that I was wearing makeup! The powder is very light and airy. The brush that came with the package is actually OK, but too scratchy to use on the sensitive skin under my eyes or my eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ellaguru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never been very adept with foundations, but I stumbled across this last year and it's foolproof for me. I can't remember the shade I have because it's worn off the container (!) but it has nice yellow undertones. If I use it as spot coverage and dab too much on then I can get a little orange patch though. I have yet to replace mine and I wear it every day. It doesn't control oil well, but it also doesn't break me out. Sometimes I find it a little too shimmery, but it does give you that magazine glow. The packaging could be a lot better.
Edit: I no longer have acne, and this actually works even better. I don't have to use much and really, really blend it in to my skin. Looks totally natural, as long as you take the time to blend it until you can't see any powder. Just enough to even things out (not the best for camouflage!). This is the only product I've used as a daily foundation for two years, and I'm only on my second container- so I'm lowering the price rating. 20$ over a year isn't bad at all! Be sure to moisturize well before applying.