Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 8/22/2008 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product because of the minerals but for some reason I broke out extremely bad. At first I thought that it was my face wash causing my break outs. I quit using the face wash, but no luck. I was still breaking out. I broke out severely and the last time that I broke out that bad on my face was when I was a teenager. I am 27 years old. Overall, it would be a great makeup for people that have drier skin. I give it a lippie because the makeup looked good on my face, it just didn't work with my skin.

on 8/21/2008 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Very good mineral powder. doesn't irritate my skin. Wish they had more shades to choose from. Packaging is a bit weird but you get alot and it will last for a long time.

on 8/17/2008 8:58:00 PM

The best thing about this MMU is that it contains no talc and while it retails for about $25aus you get a huge amount of product especially compared to most other MMU. However the result can be a little dry and dull, the colour range isn't huge (they also seem to be a bit on the pink side) and the packaging leaves alot to be desired. Overall i would not buy this product again as i have found other products that work better for me but i do think PF mmu is alot better (and $10-$20 cheaper) than bigger companies interpretations of mmu.

on 8/17/2008 7:51:00 PM

Darn, I really wanted to like this product, but the first time I sweated, it fell apart into little globules. Eww?? I don't think I tried this product for long enough to find out if it aggravated my skin or not, although it did seem like it itched every time I sweated a tiny bit (in the 100+ heat in Phoenix). I was hoping this would work, but I guess I'll have to stick it out with my Maybelline Pure Makeup, which seems to hold up a lot better throughout the day, without any blotting!

on 8/12/2008 10:14:00 AM

I've had problem skin since my early teen years. Acne isn't as much of a problem for me as it used to be, but since I've been in my 20's, the main issue I've had to deal with is sensitivity! I guess using harsh acne products for nearly a decade has made my skin super sensitive and even liquid foundations that are supposed to be good for your skin turn my face into a red, itchy mess. Mineral makeup seemed like a good choice because of this, but it's taken some trial and error to find one I'm happy with. The first one I tried was Philosophy and while I liked the finish, coverage, and staying power, I could not find a color that matched my skin tone, which contradicted the "no makeup" look I was going for. Next, there was Bare Escentuals on recommendation of my sister who uses it on her dry skin with fantastic results. Unfortuanately, on my oilier complexion, it looked like I'd rubbed glitter on my face. It also made me itch and break out.
Then came Physicians Formula. First, I want to say I don't know why I bought this product. For years I've passed the Physician's Formula section at my local Wal-Mart by with never a thought of actually looking at it. Second, I want to say I'm so glad it finally caught my eye! I've only been using this product for a little over a week, but my skin has improved drastically. The redness has calm down and it even seems to by drying up a few pimples I had. The Translucent Light shade is a perfect match for my skin tone and the finish is absolutely lovely! I will say that it's taken me a few days to get the application just right. If you apply to much, it does look heavy, but it only takes a small amount to even my skin tone and give me the flawless, natural look I've been after for years. Thank you, Physician's Formula!

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
i've spent well over hundreds of dollars to find the right foundation, and in the end, I never use them again.
The other day, I visited seattle and went to target to buy some makeup, and never in my life have I ever stopped to look at the products produced by Physicians Formula. But I found this package for $20 that is normally a $40 value when bought seperately. So I went into my hotel and tried it on. AND I ABSOLOUTELY LOVED THE TEXTURE!
my parents said that the colour matches me compared to any foundations I've tried in the past. It's been a week now, and I havent had any breakouts. Infact, when the foundation is on my face, my face feels naturally smooth.
Great stuff, and I would definetly buy it again!

on 8/1/2008 3:54:00 AM

Okay. If any of you are like me who have the most sensitive skin in the world, then you have to listen up. I am allergic to almost everything. Seriously, and it's pretty sad. I remember back in high school, when I went to my prom , I got my make up done and looked so nice. The next morning my skin was itchy, dry and red. (Lancome). So I decided to stop using foundation of any sort--at all. I barely, ever, wear make up because my skin is so sensitive. I don't wash with any thing either. The only thing I use is Aveeno Baby Lotion on my face after I shower, because that's pretty much the only thing my skin accepts. I have pretty clear skin. When I got to college this year, I for some reason decided it would be good to have something for when I went out, during special occasions and such. That's when my makeup journey started.... I first tried.. Bare escentuals. It was terrible, I'm light-medium skin Asian. Bare escentuals was a bad color match. They don't have many colors to choose from either which i really hate. But it also caused my skin to get small itchy bumps. it just made my skin so bad. I returned that crap back to Sephora. Then, I decided to try Mac. I tried their Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish, it was a nice match, I guess? But it broke me out. Not in an itchy way, but gave me small pimples. I didn't like that. I returned that. then I tried macs foundation stick. I had a bump within... 2 hrs? I was seriously done looking after that. I tried to do some research on google, and I found out that mac's stuff isn't good for you anyway. So i stopped my makeup journey for a while, until i saw this physicians formula talc free thing on makeupalley. I purchased it at rite aid, for about 12 bucks? I don't know. I got it in buff beige. I must say it's been really great to me! No one knows im wearing it. it doesnt break me out or give me itchy spots. the color , matches me perfect. ! I really like it. i really reccomend it to anyone who has as sensitive skin as i do. take it from a girl who has to use baby products. ! the only thing i have to complain about is, that its a little expensive for something you can get at the drugstore, but i guess it's worth it. The packaging is terrible, its really messy. i want to get the pressed powder since it's less messy. The loose powder just gets everywhere. and the brush is really stiff. other than that, try iT!!!!

on 7/29/2008 8:01:00 PM

I absolutely love this mineral powder! I have oily, acne prone skin with minor acne scarring. I'm a nanny, so during the summer days I try to avoid heavy make-up because I usually end up sweating and getting in the pool anyway. I put on a dab of concealer, swipe this over my face with a medium size make-up round (as you would find in a pressed powder compact... this provides better coverage for me than a brush) and it gives me gorgeous matte coverage with good oil control and the best staying power of any mineral powder I've tried!

on 7/27/2008 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

With mineral powders, I have tried the most expensive to least & this product is simply the best! Great staying power, natrual, no breakouts. I would recommend & re-purchase!! Have it in 2 shades!! Also love their mineral eye shadows- no creasing.

on 7/26/2008 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Made me break out like crazy!!!! I think the main reason I did was because of the mineral MICA...