December 21, 2014 | 1822 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product - I bought it as soon as I saw it - but I absolutely hate it. I agree with the reviewer right below me, the texture it terrible! It's rough and grainy - it actually hurts to put it on! It's beyond "lip scrub" rough too - it feels like little rocks. The scent is nice but that's the best thing about this inferior product. If you can stand to put it on, it is moisturizing but who wants to put up with that when there are so many other far superior options - even in the same line?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HORRIBLE texture--it was very, very grainy, and tore up my lips pretty badly. Figuring that it just needed to be worked and warmed up a little, I gave it another chance and it was a bit better--but it didn't do anything for my lips, and the texture was too sticky and awful for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

I bought this lip balm because I liked the fact that it has all natural ingredients, it is cheap and it is something I can easily pick up at the drugstore. Even though this was certainly not the best balm I have tried, I have a feeling I may end up repurchasing at some point for those reasons.

When I first bought this balm I was going to throw it into the garbage. The smell was pretty bad and it was rock-solid. I had to keep rubbing it over my lips to the point of causing irritation. There didn't seem to be enough of whatever emollient it is that makes balms soft and makes them stay on your lips.

I kept it on my nightstand to use before bed anyway. Now that I am about halfway through the tube - it is working out great! It is much softer, almost like Chapstick's consistency, applies easily and lasts longer on the lips. I am not sure if that is because of heat, or because the good ingredients settle toward the bottom.

I am already forgetting about how badly this stuff sucked when I first bought it, so I may repurchase. My other HG lip balm in DHC Lip Cream and it is around $7/tube for that plus I have to order it, so I have a feeling that Burt's Bees may have a semi-permanent spot on my nightstand for now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

This stuff smelt gross. I don't even know how well it worked because I couldn't stand the smell on my lips long enough to find out. Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by zaintek

I've been in search for a good lip balm and decided to give this a try. The smell is horrid and really doesn't completely leave my lips soft afterwards. I wish I didn't purchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by favola

Works.. If You Want Ugly Wrinkled Lips.
Still Can't Get Past That, What An Awful Balm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Very hard consistancy and strong scent. Try Chapstick Naturals - Lip Butter or the Botanical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

My mom bought it, after being such a honey lover. But she's extremely picky about everything she buys and this a big no for her. she didn't like the smell but she isn't really someone that appreciates natural products (granted she doesn't use rentinols or any anti-aging products at the age of 52 she looks so MUCH younger). I personally like it. My boyfriend hates the taste and smell. I enjoy the slight honey-ness, but I'm not a huge fan of honey, period. It moisturizes well but it wares off fast and I'm constantly reapply. Stick to Chapstick Lip Moisturizer. Way better. But I'd still buy it again. Its my second option for lip balms.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by m_cena7

i tried this a while back but i still remember the feeling!i needed a lip balm, and heard such great things about burts bees so i dediced to purchase it. i went home...tried it..HATED it!I dont know if it was just me but it was so hard to apply.i had to keep gliding it on my lips, which caused irritation...then,i guess it starts to melt...it was just wrong...i found myself some carmex and just stuck to that!!dont buy it..it smells funky....theres just too many good stuff out there!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I kind of like honey. At least, I don't mind the smell too much - I put it in my tea all the time.
But this lip balm smells so gross! I tried putting it on ONCE and that was enough. The smell was so disgusting I had to wash it off.
I can't testify to its moisturizing properties because I had it on for like 2 seconds, but I like Burt's Bee's other lip balms so it must be the same.