January 30, 2015 | 1119 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I'm working my way through Burt's Bees and so far, loving the line. This one, however, is a miss. I love the beeswax lipbalm (i bought another one today) because its so fresh. This is such a cloying scent that makes me feel a little sick. I'm not a drama queen when it comes to scent in products but this is a love it or hate it products for sure. I love the scent of honey but this has something else in it thats a little off putting.

If you can get by the smell, go for it! I'll probably use it for something, since its so moisturising but do give burts bees lip products a go. If you want something thats fresh and makes your lips soft, go for the beeswax one!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Caitlin0380

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I am actually surprised so many people think it smells funky--I love the smell. It also is very smooth and goes on very smooth. Definitely a staple!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

As soon as I opened it, I knew this was a love it or hate it product, mainly due to the smell. I love the regular Burts Bees gloss and usually keep it at home, so I wanted another tube to keep in my purse. It was between this and the Pomegranate version, which I've heard raves about, but I love the smell of honey so chose this. The smell is definitely overpowering, and it smells more like natural honey than sweetened honey. It is a little grittier than the regular BB gloss, but the waxiness of it makes it feel more moisturizing. I'm a little disappointed that you don't get that famous minty tingle with this, but I like the smell and taste better than the regular version.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Primmadonna

I like the mint one...this probably works too....but i couldn't try it cause it smelled bad. 3 lippies for the fact it probably works if i could stand the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jescrawf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

smells weird.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product - I bought it as soon as I saw it - but I absolutely hate it. I agree with the reviewer right below me, the texture it terrible! It's rough and grainy - it actually hurts to put it on! It's beyond "lip scrub" rough too - it feels like little rocks. The scent is nice but that's the best thing about this inferior product. If you can stand to put it on, it is moisturizing but who wants to put up with that when there are so many other far superior options - even in the same line?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HORRIBLE texture--it was very, very grainy, and tore up my lips pretty badly. Figuring that it just needed to be worked and warmed up a little, I gave it another chance and it was a bit better--but it didn't do anything for my lips, and the texture was too sticky and awful for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

I bought this lip balm because I liked the fact that it has all natural ingredients, it is cheap and it is something I can easily pick up at the drugstore. Even though this was certainly not the best balm I have tried, I have a feeling I may end up repurchasing at some point for those reasons.

When I first bought this balm I was going to throw it into the garbage. The smell was pretty bad and it was rock-solid. I had to keep rubbing it over my lips to the point of causing irritation. There didn't seem to be enough of whatever emollient it is that makes balms soft and makes them stay on your lips.

I kept it on my nightstand to use before bed anyway. Now that I am about halfway through the tube - it is working out great! It is much softer, almost like Chapstick's consistency, applies easily and lasts longer on the lips. I am not sure if that is because of heat, or because the good ingredients settle toward the bottom.

I am already forgetting about how badly this stuff sucked when I first bought it, so I may repurchase. My other HG lip balm in DHC Lip Cream and it is around $7/tube for that plus I have to order it, so I have a feeling that Burt's Bees may have a semi-permanent spot on my nightstand for now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

This stuff smelt gross. I don't even know how well it worked because I couldn't stand the smell on my lips long enough to find out. Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by zaintek

I've been in search for a good lip balm and decided to give this a try. The smell is horrid and really doesn't completely leave my lips soft afterwards. I wish I didn't purchase this product!