July 31, 2014 | 1437 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I kind of like honey. At least, I don't mind the smell too much - I put it in my tea all the time.
But this lip balm smells so gross! I tried putting it on ONCE and that was enough. The smell was so disgusting I had to wash it off.
I can't testify to its moisturizing properties because I had it on for like 2 seconds, but I like Burt's Bee's other lip balms so it must be the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by royal_bee17

I personally hate the taste of honey but when I saw this lip balm I thought "Lip balms hardly ever taste like the real thing" so I bought it. WRONG! It tastes horrible and it smelled bad too. It did smooth my chapped lips but I could not get past the smell! I wound up losing it anyway,LOL
If you don't like honey like me,you probably wont be able to get past the smell of this lip balm,but if you like honey please, feel free to buy this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm does smell like honey, which I do not mind. However, I have to really tug at my lips to get any on, and it's not very moisturizing. Very waxy & dry. Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by DivineFemme

I def. think you'll either love the smell or hate it...there doesn't seem to be much ambivilance in the reviews! Personally, I love it. I can see why some say it smell powdery, but I think the honey scent is stronger.

I like this balm b/c it's great for moisturizing my lips, I like the smell, the price is right, and it's in a tube. (A few past faves were in pots, which is so messy!)

I'm not a fan of the original Burt's lip balm, just because I didn't think it was any better than plain old Chapstick. But this one I will def. buy again.

**UPDATE 11/25/08- I'm not in love with the Honey balm anymore. I still think it's a decent product, but I've fallen in love with Dr. Hauschka's Lip Care stick instead! It's much more moisturizing than this one, and seems to "sink into" my lips and soften then, instead of just sitting on top of them, if that makes sense!**

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lovex19

i really dont like the smell but the quality of it as a lip balm is really good..its not irritating and...i usually use this before bedtime...and my lips have never been this soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lamonica08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i said that i would buy this again, though it is not 100% true. i would probably buy it again if i was living in a colder climate. (i'm from florida) this is more moisturizing than the peppermint BB balm, but the flavor is not as good to me. plus, no tingle. all in all, not a bad product at all, but not my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by hedgehog2484

I really like this balm. I don't know quite how to describe the smell - it is kind of like honey, but not a sweet honey. I actually really like the smell, but I can see how it would not appeal to everyone. The texture is nice, smooth, and moisturizing. Both the Burt's Bees original and the honey balms are staples for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by fashionablysensitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have not tried Burt's Bees other lip balms, but if this is an indication, I'll pass! It didn't do a thing to improve the quality of my lips, even after I applied it relentlessly for about two minutes. Also, my boyfriend despises the taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by daleysl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Double yuck!! This stuff smells like cat butt. The smell is horrible, and unfortunately since my lips are right under my nose, the only thing I could do was wipe it off and never apply it again. I am considering applying it directly to my cracked, dry feet...at least at that end, and under my socks, I won't be able to smell it. What the heck,,,,I'll update if I get any good results!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by bumble17

What was I thinking?
I bought this on a whim when i noticed it was on sale for 2.99 (regular 4.99). I had run out of my HG lip balm (Marcelle) and wanted something quick. Boy I made a bad judgment!
This does not go on smoothly at all. I had to go over my lips like 5 or 6 times before feeling any sense of hydration. With Marcelle lip balm, I only have to glide over ONCE to get soft baby lips.
And the smell.. well, its not the best smelling lip balm in the world but its bearable.
Im sure Burt's Bees makes other great lip balms, but I will never buy this again.