Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this lip balm is ok. i tried it in the pomegranate flavor before and was disappointed because it smelled and tasted gross. this one tastes/smells much better, but it doesn't moisturize well and i think it's overpriced. i'll use up the tube that i have but i won't likely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love the original Burt's Bees Beeswax lipbalm so I decided to try this one. BAD idea. Not only does it smell like dirt...gross...but it has this weird bumpy/scratchy texture. Normally, I hate to waste money and get rid of things, but I didn't hesitate to throw this out. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this because there are a lot of rave reviews, and it was on sale for $2.99 at SDM.
The only reason I liked this was because of the natural ingredients; Other than that, it isn't so great. It left a tacky feeling on my lips, it actually pulled at them because of the stickiness upon applying. Definitely was not as moisturizing as I had hoped either.
The smell is like raw beeswax, not honey, and I found it to be slightly nauseating. My husband said it smelled disgusting lol.
Overall, not impressed! I'll stick with yummy vanilla mint chapstick for $2 less.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm very surprised at all the negative reviews on this product.
For me personally, I apply it ONCE and it stays on FOREVER, actually ABSORBING into my lips and making it soft and supple.
I guess I'm one of those people who doesn't mind the scent - I even licked my lips and although I wasn't going "yummy," I wasn't vomiting everywhere either in disgust.

Just a note: I have chronic dry lips with patches that never used to heal, they would be just patches of peeling lip-skin... this balm has made my lips so smooth and even I love it

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These lip balms are more expensive than most, and they are natural which is a good thing. But, natural products tend to seperate in a container and I've found that most Burt's bees products do the same.
I thought this would smell like honey, real honey... but it does not. It smells like something medicinal and sickly sweet. Almost sour or rotten honey. My boyfriend was repulsed by it too.. He had a look on his face that was priceless. The moisture it gives lips is not as good as chapstick.. I love the original peppermint balm, but I'm sorry I bought this one.

Update: After some months, the scent has faded to something I can actually use. I found the HG use for this balm. Dry skin patches. I apply it to dry winter skin patches at night and by morning they are gone. I figure that any balm can do the same, but at least I am using it now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure why people aren't liking this lip balm. I love it though. I like the lingering smell of honey when its on my lips. It really nourishes, leaving my lips soft. I'll probably repurchase. This is really a 50/50 product to like. My boyfriend smelled it and hated it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this product, as it's naturally derived and I adore the clean honeycomb scent (you either love or hate it--however, mine seemed much better than the nasty, plastic-y smell described by many others). However, even the nice scent is too strong, as every time I put it on, the boyfriend asks what he's smelling...all the way across the room. I used to love the original lip balm, but eventually fount the mint oil too drying. However, it is quite waxy and while pretty comfortable on the lips, I find myself having to apply it a million times a day. I personally didn't experience any of the graininess that several reviewers mentioned; maybe they improved the formula. This is one of those 'waxy' balms that just isn't as moisturizing as I would like. In fact, as far as I can tell, it doesn't moisturize at all! It never really softened or healed my chapped lips. I'll use it up, but for a nonpetroleum balm, I'd sooner recommend Weleda Everon. This one is about as useful as trying to moisturize your lips with a beeswax candle. If I could have given it 1.5 lippies instead of two, I would.

The grainy texture felt like sandpaper on my lips! I don't know if it's the formula not being stable enough to prevent the honey from crystallizing, or because of the cold climate. I thought it would at least smell and taste nice, but that was also a miss. I returned to using the original peppermint and never looked back.

At first this has the consistency of regular lip balm, but after awhile it gets grainy. Like, big grains, not exfoliating grains. Not sure why this happens. I happen to like the smell, and I use it at night when my lips are feeling particularly chapped because it's so waxy feeling. However, I've noticed that it doesn't actually heal lips or help them become un-chapped, no matter how long you use it. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the way this product smells and it makes lips soft, but I like like Burt's peppermint balm much better.

Popular Lip Treatments