October 21, 2014 | 1302 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by zaintek

I've been in search for a good lip balm and decided to give this a try. The smell is horrid and really doesn't completely leave my lips soft afterwards. I wish I didn't purchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by favola

Works.. If You Want Ugly Wrinkled Lips.
Still Can't Get Past That, What An Awful Balm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Very hard consistancy and strong scent. Try Chapstick Naturals - Lip Butter or the Botanical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

My mom bought it, after being such a honey lover. But she's extremely picky about everything she buys and this a big no for her. she didn't like the smell but she isn't really someone that appreciates natural products (granted she doesn't use rentinols or any anti-aging products at the age of 52 she looks so MUCH younger). I personally like it. My boyfriend hates the taste and smell. I enjoy the slight honey-ness, but I'm not a huge fan of honey, period. It moisturizes well but it wares off fast and I'm constantly reapply. Stick to Chapstick Lip Moisturizer. Way better. But I'd still buy it again. Its my second option for lip balms.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by m_cena7

i tried this a while back but i still remember the feeling!i needed a lip balm, and heard such great things about burts bees so i dediced to purchase it. i went home...tried it..HATED it!I dont know if it was just me but it was so hard to apply.i had to keep gliding it on my lips, which caused irritation...then,i guess it starts to melt...it was just wrong...i found myself some carmex and just stuck to that!!dont buy it..it smells funky....theres just too many good stuff out there!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I kind of like honey. At least, I don't mind the smell too much - I put it in my tea all the time.
But this lip balm smells so gross! I tried putting it on ONCE and that was enough. The smell was so disgusting I had to wash it off.
I can't testify to its moisturizing properties because I had it on for like 2 seconds, but I like Burt's Bee's other lip balms so it must be the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by royal_bee17

I personally hate the taste of honey but when I saw this lip balm I thought "Lip balms hardly ever taste like the real thing" so I bought it. WRONG! It tastes horrible and it smelled bad too. It did smooth my chapped lips but I could not get past the smell! I wound up losing it anyway,LOL
If you don't like honey like me,you probably wont be able to get past the smell of this lip balm,but if you like honey please, feel free to buy this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm does smell like honey, which I do not mind. However, I have to really tug at my lips to get any on, and it's not very moisturizing. Very waxy & dry. Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by DivineFemme

I def. think you'll either love the smell or hate it...there doesn't seem to be much ambivilance in the reviews! Personally, I love it. I can see why some say it smell powdery, but I think the honey scent is stronger.

I like this balm b/c it's great for moisturizing my lips, I like the smell, the price is right, and it's in a tube. (A few past faves were in pots, which is so messy!)

I'm not a fan of the original Burt's lip balm, just because I didn't think it was any better than plain old Chapstick. But this one I will def. buy again.

**UPDATE 11/25/08- I'm not in love with the Honey balm anymore. I still think it's a decent product, but I've fallen in love with Dr. Hauschka's Lip Care stick instead! It's much more moisturizing than this one, and seems to "sink into" my lips and soften then, instead of just sitting on top of them, if that makes sense!**

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lovex19

i really dont like the smell but the quality of it as a lip balm is really good..its not irritating and...i usually use this before bedtime...and my lips have never been this soft.