April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by DivineFemme

I def. think you'll either love the smell or hate it...there doesn't seem to be much ambivilance in the reviews! Personally, I love it. I can see why some say it smell powdery, but I think the honey scent is stronger.

I like this balm b/c it's great for moisturizing my lips, I like the smell, the price is right, and it's in a tube. (A few past faves were in pots, which is so messy!)

I'm not a fan of the original Burt's lip balm, just because I didn't think it was any better than plain old Chapstick. But this one I will def. buy again.

**UPDATE 11/25/08- I'm not in love with the Honey balm anymore. I still think it's a decent product, but I've fallen in love with Dr. Hauschka's Lip Care stick instead! It's much more moisturizing than this one, and seems to "sink into" my lips and soften then, instead of just sitting on top of them, if that makes sense!**

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lovex19

i really dont like the smell but the quality of it as a lip balm is really good..its not irritating and...i usually use this before bedtime...and my lips have never been this soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lamonica08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i said that i would buy this again, though it is not 100% true. i would probably buy it again if i was living in a colder climate. (i'm from florida) this is more moisturizing than the peppermint BB balm, but the flavor is not as good to me. plus, no tingle. all in all, not a bad product at all, but not my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by hedgehog2484

I really like this balm. I don't know quite how to describe the smell - it is kind of like honey, but not a sweet honey. I actually really like the smell, but I can see how it would not appeal to everyone. The texture is nice, smooth, and moisturizing. Both the Burt's Bees original and the honey balms are staples for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by fashionablysensitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have not tried Burt's Bees other lip balms, but if this is an indication, I'll pass! It didn't do a thing to improve the quality of my lips, even after I applied it relentlessly for about two minutes. Also, my boyfriend despises the taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by daleysl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Double yuck!! This stuff smells like cat butt. The smell is horrible, and unfortunately since my lips are right under my nose, the only thing I could do was wipe it off and never apply it again. I am considering applying it directly to my cracked, dry feet...at least at that end, and under my socks, I won't be able to smell it. What the heck,,,,I'll update if I get any good results!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by bumble17

What was I thinking?
I bought this on a whim when i noticed it was on sale for 2.99 (regular 4.99). I had run out of my HG lip balm (Marcelle) and wanted something quick. Boy I made a bad judgment!
This does not go on smoothly at all. I had to go over my lips like 5 or 6 times before feeling any sense of hydration. With Marcelle lip balm, I only have to glide over ONCE to get soft baby lips.
And the smell.. well, its not the best smelling lip balm in the world but its bearable.
Im sure Burt's Bees makes other great lip balms, but I will never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not bad. The smell didn't bother me. However, the texture is slightly gritty. I agree with everyone who said this is great for winter weather. It goes on kind of thick which is great for winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My lips dry out easily and I live in a very cold/dry winter climate. I've used this all winter and its worked very nicely. My lips have stayed soft and I haven't had peeling like I usually do in the winter. I think the scent is fine, not overpowering. I did not like their peppermint lip balm for the reason of the scent and it didn't seem to work as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I probably would have never purchased this because I tend to read reviews here before I purchase anything. However, I got one of those Head to toes kits as a gift and this was in it. I must say, I think this is far superior to the original peppermint lip balm. The scent is very strong and florally (honey!) but it does not bother me. When I have really dry, flaky lips, this smooths them out right away, without that terrible burn of the peppermint one. It's not glossy, it just does what it is supposed to do. I love this.