Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the way this product smells and it makes lips soft, but I like like Burt's peppermint balm much better.

on 4/18/2008 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I found this more pleasant to use than the Beeswax Lip Balm (too much peppermint oil in that one). It feels good on my lips and keeps them moisturized.

on 4/12/2008 1:51:00 AM

Never really noticed the smell, its def not a fav smell of mine, but what really bothers me about the honey lip balm is the texture of it.. at first it was soft but now the little rocky things in it just really hurt my lips! it is def not a slight scrub or exfoliating, it is just painful when i put this on my lips, i cant even enjoy it. it also it doesnt leave my lips feeling silky smooth.. not recommended!

I'm working my way through Burt's Bees and so far, loving the line. This one, however, is a miss. I love the beeswax lipbalm (i bought another one today) because its so fresh. This is such a cloying scent that makes me feel a little sick. I'm not a drama queen when it comes to scent in products but this is a love it or hate it products for sure. I love the scent of honey but this has something else in it thats a little off putting.

If you can get by the smell, go for it! I'll probably use it for something, since its so moisturising but do give burts bees lip products a go. If you want something thats fresh and makes your lips soft, go for the beeswax one!

on 4/6/2008 9:49:00 PM

I love this product! I am actually surprised so many people think it smells funky--I love the smell. It also is very smooth and goes on very smooth. Definitely a staple!

on 4/4/2008 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

As soon as I opened it, I knew this was a love it or hate it product, mainly due to the smell. I love the regular Burts Bees gloss and usually keep it at home, so I wanted another tube to keep in my purse. It was between this and the Pomegranate version, which I've heard raves about, but I love the smell of honey so chose this. The smell is definitely overpowering, and it smells more like natural honey than sweetened honey. It is a little grittier than the regular BB gloss, but the waxiness of it makes it feel more moisturizing. I'm a little disappointed that you don't get that famous minty tingle with this, but I like the smell and taste better than the regular version.

on 4/2/2008 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like the mint one...this probably works too....but i couldn't try it cause it smelled bad. 3 lippies for the fact it probably works if i could stand the smell.

on 3/30/2008 11:40:00 PM

smells weird.

on 3/29/2008 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product - I bought it as soon as I saw it - but I absolutely hate it. I agree with the reviewer right below me, the texture it terrible! It's rough and grainy - it actually hurts to put it on! It's beyond "lip scrub" rough too - it feels like little rocks. The scent is nice but that's the best thing about this inferior product. If you can stand to put it on, it is moisturizing but who wants to put up with that when there are so many other far superior options - even in the same line?

on 3/28/2008 12:12:00 PM

HORRIBLE texture--it was very, very grainy, and tore up my lips pretty badly. Figuring that it just needed to be worked and warmed up a little, I gave it another chance and it was a bit better--but it didn't do anything for my lips, and the texture was too sticky and awful for me.

Popular Lip Treatments