December 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Fragrances - Viktor & Rolf - Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the EDP. Sugary-sweet fragrance with very poor lasting power. Doesn't smell bad at all and I wouldn't mind smelling this on another person but this fragrance is not for me. Very linear - there are no woody/floral/spicy basenotes at all to support the sweetness so not an interesting scent. Love the grenade-shaped bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by promakeupartist

This is the most expensive beauty product I purchase, but it is soooo worth it! I can't stop wearing this fragrance, I am so addicted to it. It lasts on my skin all day and everyone compliments me on it. It smells like fresh minted money, violets and good & plenty! How yummy! I have the fragrance, the oil the body lotion and the bath gel. I LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a very sad individual. I'm 19 and have had this fragrance from day dot. It was my first very expensive perfume and whilst I try and escape it I always go back to it.

I know it's compared to Angel etc but since I'm really too young to have been around in its hey day I'm not really fussed.

Yes it's overpriced, doesn't wear well and there was a phase when it first came out where every single girl was wearing but that seems to have ended and I wear it religiously. Maybe as I mature I might move on but in the end Flowerbomb will always hold great memories for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I'm surprised at some of the references to Angel and Lolita. IMO, those are true floral oriental vs the newer sweet vanilla floral orientals or "gourmonds". While Angel and Lolita have some sweet notes, they are heavier and spicer a lot more than Flowerbomb. When I spray this, I get an almost almond scent and reminded me asap of Dior Addict or the Poison in the red bottle? Both have almond in their list. Perhaps it's a mix of sweet notes, but I get almond. Also, there's juuuusssttt a touch of Chanel no. 5 based on the powder note and patchouli but it stops there. I can't wear no 5 as easily as Flowerbomb. Chanel again, is more strong and heavier then Flowerbomb, but the powder feel is the same. It smells like a mix of Poison in the red bottle and Chanel no 5 at first, but then morphs into something else.

For reference, I tend to love gourmond scents and Flowerbomb delivers this at first, but then....It's the patchouli that ruines it for me. It takes a while to get there, but it's there at the end. A few hrs after spraying, I get a lot of patchouli, but ironically, it's very light. This would make it more "wearable" to those that like gourmonds or if you wanted a lighter summer pathouli, but MO? I wouldn't spend that much money on something that doesn't last longer. I've tried it numerous times and same results. It's complicated and beautiful but downright expensive when you think of the base notes lasting ability. It's just not there. I give it 4 stars bc it is beautifully blended and sophisticated for a gourmond, but for me, I won't buy it bc of the patchouli.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

great sexy scent! love this bought the 1.7 ounce set with shower gel, body cream, and body lotion for 122.00 ..not bad! why pay 90.00 for just the 1.7 ounce...when u can search for a set! LOVELY SCENT..LIGHTLY SWEET, SEXY,FLORAL, AND NOTHING LIKE ANGEL OR ANYOTHER SCENT! love this

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by achtungbaby80

Let me preface this by saying that I'm biased--nothing comes close to my all-time fave, Angel--so of course I didn't expect this scent to become my brand-new #1. With all the people comparing it to Angel and Lolita Lempicka, both of which I have and adore, I figured that I would really like it at the very least even though until now I have avoided it because of 1) the popularity, and 2) the name (I don't generally go for florals). Being that the weather is warming up I was on the lookout for a new fragrance or two, so I gave this one a whirl. Verdict? Well...the jury's still out. I gave it a 3 because I'm just not sure. One day I really like it and the next day I'm very unimpressed. There's three things I want to note about this fragrance, though:

1. It smells like everything else...and nothing else. To elaborate, I feel like it smells common, like every other boring scent that's out there. I also can't really place exactly what it smells like, though. I do not get the comparisons to Angel and Lolita Lempicka *at all* because on me, this is nothing like either one of those. The closest it comes is a striking similarity to Cacharel's Amor Amor (and a very close similarity, too) but that only lasts for a while. The drydown is different.
2. Good Lord, it costs a fortune! Why on earth is this fragrance so darn expensive? I just can't understand it. I also can't believe I paid $100 for a 1.7 ounce bottle. What can I say, I'm a sucker. But I have paid less for most of my Guerlain fragrances, which tend to be the more expensive ones I've bought, and this is nowhere near them in terms of quality.
3. After a couple hours, where does it go? And to all those who say this fragrance lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts, what on earth is your secret? Because this is *gone* after a short while. I can still get an occasional whiff of it, and my boyfriend can smell it when he's superclose to me (he likes it), but c'mon...I was really surprised that this scent wasn't as loud as I expected. I like loud.

I doubt I'd buy this again considering the things I mentioned above, but who knows. I might change my mind.

EDIT 6/11/2009: Maybe this fragrance is a little more tenacious than I previously believed. The other evening I noticed that it lasted through an entire workday, because I kept getting whiffs of it on my way home and later on as I was showering. Could it be that it just needs a little heat to bring it out? Or maybe--and I'm starting to think that this is probably the case--I experience olfactory fatigue really really quickly with this scent and it's just me that can't smell it, even though everyone else can. Apparently, this also happens when I wear D&G Light Blue. Who would've thought?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by lsoorani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore Flowerbomb. I am extremely picky when it comes to perfume and more often that not, find them overwhelming and smelling more like chemicals than anything else. This however is a pleasant and gentle fragrance, suitable for any occasion.

My only gripes are how incredibly expensive it is and the flimsy plastic black bit meant to look like a grenade safety pin. I feel like if I pack it if I'm going on a trip it will snap off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by RosemaryGinger

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I was living in London, I first saw and smelt this at Selfridges and instantly fell in love with it. Since I was a poor student, I would go to the shop almost every day and dreamed about having it. It smells absolutely beautiful. Deep, sexy, flowery sweet, complicated and hypnotising...artistic, absolutely great creation!
I love the bottle as well. It looks like a glass grenade filled with pink magical liquid.
When I wear it, I feel very sexy, and it's like I'm celebrating myself for having been born a girl!
This is my signature scent and will be forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

I don't really think the name fits the juice, I don't care much for florals, but I just love this. Its like an intense burst of something sweet and vanilla-y but i dont realy smell flowers! I can see other reviewers feel the same. This actually smells like a sexy, dirty bunch of flowers to me. Anyone looking for a clean pretty floral will be disappointed. This is a strong fragrance, I can carry off strong but even this is quite overwhelming at times for me. I'd wear this to a club or something similar, even though its a sexy scent and I would love to wear it to 'bed', its so strong that my man will probably gag and get a headache, so in a room filled with other people I'd probably be fine and stand out a little. One on one I can see this would be overwhelming.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by rizzler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have had around 400 fragrances and sniffed alot at the shops so you know that i am a perfume fan. Yet i only find myself truly loving this scent only and would glady give up the other scents i have just for this one, now i don't even know why i have them. It is a strong floral fragrance and i love strong frangrances, you just use less otherwise what is the point in buying lighter fragrances you might aswel buy a body spray. It is floral but smells like a hint of vanilla which is strange becuase this doesn't actually have vanilla notes in it. It is sexy the most sexyiest gorgeous scent i have smelt. I wish i could have atleast 5 favourite fragances as i love perfumes but i don't know if anything can top this. So many people wear this but i make sure i wear this all the time so people only will associate it with me and it is my signiture scent and it has took me over five years to find one. I want to get the shower gel and creams and bubble bath.........well the whole works !. lol