July 28, 2014 | 2054 users online

Fragrances - Viktor & Rolf - Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by katana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this scent. It's floral, but it doesn't smell like flowers. And though it's sweet, it's never sickening sweet. It's subtle and sexy and clean at the same time - something very few perfumes can pull of in my opinion.
I've been using it since it was released, and that became the end of almost a decade of searching for a signature perfume. Before that I used Issey Miyakes Le Feu, but sadly they stopped making it. I have such a hard time finding perfumes that work on me, for some reason most scents smell very sweet and vanilla-like after a few hours - no matter whether they started out floral or musky or woody.. Unfortunately, though, years of use has made me almost immune to the smell of Flowerbomb. I can't believe I will have to start the Search again. It's so frustrating - spending weeks testing perfumes, sometimes ending up scrubbing your wrists pink in the office bathroom to rid yourself of the terrible smell that suddenly developed from the promising first notes...

Oh well. I wish I was new to this lovely scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by NancyDrew27

I had mixed feelings about Flowerbomb at first. I have to completely agree with the reviewers who've compared it to B&BW Sensual Amber, and since they were both, I believe, launched around the same time, it's hard to say who copied whom. However, after spraying them on cards and comparing, as well as wearing them both on my skin, I find that the only similarities I can note are amber (which always smells the same no matter what scent it is in) and a sweet, powdery, indefinable note. Overall, Sensual Amber is actually a bit fruitier (I detect NO fruit in Flowerbomb - thank God!) and it's also lacking in Flowerbomb's gorgeous yet subtle chocolate-y note. Flowerbomb's staying power is much better and though the price is a killer, it's much more affordable to invest in the refillable bottle and get twice as much perfume for the same price, the next time around when you get the refill itself. If you like the smells of both Sensual Amber and Flowerbomb, get both and wear Sensual Amber during the day, as it's lighter, and spray Flowerbomb on top of what's left in the evenings for something deeper and richer. After spraying flowerbomb during the afternoon, I still smell it the next morning upon waking up - a very sweet way to begin the day.

Speaking of chocolate, when I handed the test strip over to my guy for sniffing, he exclaimed that it was just as though he had stuck his nose into the halloween candy bags of his youth and, I had to agree. I kept the test strip for awhile, allowing myself a whiff now and then, though trying not to get too attached to it because I knew it was a bit too far out of my price range. I'd been really starting to crave it the past few days when my boyfriend surprised me with an early Valentine's Day gift! I now have the refillable 1.7 oz. bottle and I absolutely adore it! Oh and the bottle....sigh....perfection.

I also adore Angel, Pink Sugar, and Lolita Lempicka, and I think this scent takes notes from each, and adds a few of its own to the mix to create something not entirely original, but rather a perfect combination of the sweeter notes in the scents I gravitate toward. There are, to my nose, notes of: chocolate, amber, powder (nothing like baby powder), rose (think soft, pink roses instead of in-your-face reds), and clean patchouli (like the patchouli in Coco Mademoiselle, not Angel - if you like patchouli, you'll find it, but it won't stand out). There are also notes of bergamot, tea, freesia and jasmine, all of which I adore but cannot pull out and identify separately. Overall, a creamy, powdery, sweet confectionary scent that envelops you in a cloud of warmth and dreamy goodness. I am NOT a floral fan and this one is hardly floral - don't let yourself be fooled by the name!

This one won't be for everyone and probably would not be a safe bet for a gift, unless you know the girl to love gourmands and sweet scents. Though other reviewers have warned against over-spraying, I actually find it quite soft and more subtle than most sweet fragrances so even when applied with a heavy hand, it stays relatively close to the skin, leaving a soft and sweet, powdery sillage that doesn't change according to application.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!! Aside from my Vanilla Grapefruit (which smells like old books and vanilla in the dry-down, which simply cannot be beaten!), this one is my HG forever! Go try it! ;)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by khanif247

It's what I'm wearing now. When I first smelled it, I felt it was like Angel mixed with chocolate...YUMMY! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by KristaCherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume compliments my skin chemistry soo well! I usually use it on special occasions because it's a bit on the heavier scented side. I have to say it's lasts for hours on my skin and I never have to reapply. It's the kind of perfume that attracts people, like when you walk by someone they instantly smell you :) I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the opening of this scent ..... it is in your face and smells divine, but sadly it then dries down to more of a floral on me ...... I wish that the opening would last alot longer ....... regardless I love this perfume. Men I note really like this scent and in my collection Flowerbomb, Pink Sugar and Trish Mcevoy's original Blackberry and Vanilla Musk are guaranteed to get me the most compliments (must be the sweetness.) I guess my body chemistry does better with sweeter scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by melilic

Received a large sample. Love this fragrance (floral), but it is a bit on the heavy side. I put it on right after showering and by the time I get to work it isn't too strong anymore. Very lovely smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by ebrhoades

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would buy this for a present but on me it was too strong...I could smell it on me all day and that ended up giving me a headache. The bottle is beautiful and the fragrance is very special. Try a sample before you purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by ann312

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scent but it does not last on me...However, I strongly recommend YOU try it as it is just heavenly. The packaging is sexy, tough and tendre all at once. I love god packaging and think it is art. Flower Bomb's packagine is nearly unrivalled in its sense of playfulness combined with the very satisfying heft- not unlike holding your wine in a fine crystal goblet versus cheap stemware- of the substantial glass bottle.

It has the initial sweetness of something between Miss Dior Cherie or perhaps Pink Sugar, with a wisp of Kenzo Amour's creaminess and a hit of tender florals, especially freesia. I get a little of the tea, but mostly the freesia, cotton candy, and strawberries buffered by a subtle hint of powder & creme, a la Amour- all of which fade quite a bit. If these notes held out, I would buy Flower Bomb for the rest of my life (esp. for the freesia which is like catnip). The dry down comes rather quickly and is comprised, for me, of a little vanilla, and too much patchouli.

For the first ten minutes, Flower Bomb is a dream scent- slightly floral, very edible-sexy, and sophisticated. If only it would last. From reviews, perhaps this is resolved with the Intense version. Admittedly, staying power is an issue with me; my skin eats perfume like you cannot believe. Flower bomb is delicious enough though, that I am almost tempted to buy the full size just for the fleeting goodness of the top and heart notes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oooooh, heavens, yes! I love this. I sniffed it years ago on a piece of paper and found myself unmoved... too similar to Lolita Lempicka, which I already had. Something recently possessed me to give it another go, though... this time on skin. Delicious. While I still find it similar to LL, Flowerbomb seems "warmer" on the skin than does Lolita (so I can justify having both, tee hee!). I just feel good having this on. It makes me smile the biggest smiles. The name is perplexing, as I'm definitely getting more sweetness than flowers here. Love love love the packaging. Love love love the fact that only one store in my city carries it, so not all my friends are wearing it too. Not so keen on the price... I've seen niche fragrances priced for less! Still. The smiles are worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by onlyprada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

one of my favorite perfumes...everyone who loves sweet fragrances will love this...it lasts forever on ur skin...smells a little bit like cotton-candy....love it