Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

on 7/28/2009 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

My HG perfume!! I fell in love with the scent from the very first time I smelled the sample on my Vogue magazine. I used it almost everyday when I used to work in the office and got so many compliments from my friends. I only use it for special occasion now that I'm almost running out of it. Will definitely buy it again once I'm in a way better budget condition. I don't understand how people said the scent doesn't last long, because on me it last the whole day, I can even smell it the next day if I go to bed without taking shower (only when I'm really really exhausted, lol). I read somewhere that perfume smells differently depending on your body chemistry, so that's probably why. I highly recommend this for people who loves floral, cotton candy, or vanilla scents.

Update: Just found that Flowerbomb comes in EDT spray and Eau de Perfume. Mine is the perfume one. The smell stays very long. Not too sure about the lasting power of the EDT.

on 7/26/2009 7:14:00 PM

This is my HG perfume. It lasts allllll day and I always get compliments on how good I smell. Normally I avoid any and all remotely floral scents, but this one is just something special. It also doesn't hurt how good the bottle looks!

on 7/25/2009 3:40:00 AM

I so so so so SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to love this. Yep I bought into the hype :( I tested this at a Duty Free store at the airport and was so disappointed at the fact that I HATED it. It reminds me of a scary old librarian that I was sure was a million years old when I was 8, you know those scary old librarian ladies who seem to live at the library and whos perfume permeates throughout the whole area to the point where even the books smell like her? Yep, thats what I smelt.
On me, this was overpowering (and I had taken the advice from the reviews here to spray sparingly) and migraine inducing. Waaaaaay too powdery and old lady like. I couldn't smell flowers or cream or sugar or caramel or strawberry at all unfortunately, I smelt only spice and patchouli and bug spray. My chemistry just doesn't agree with this, which is so sad because I really wanted to love this enough to buy it.
The bottle is beautiful though! Too bad the scent isn't on me...but in saying that, Im going to test it again just in case the sample bottle at Duty Free was "off" or something. I sooo want to love this! Will edit after testing again.

For reference Im a Clinique Happy/Happy In Bloom/Beverly Hills Gold/Midnight Fantasy/Hugo Sport kinda gal

My twin sister would LOVE this (she's a patchouli loving hippy) and I'm sure it would smell amazing on her, as the perfumes that I can't stand really smell incredible on her and vice versa. Her favs are Opium, Beautiful and Beyond Paradise.

***UPDATE***
Yep the airport tester I used was off. My mother bought this for my twin, I sprayed it and it is SUBLIME. LOVE IT!

on 7/24/2009 1:37:00 PM

I don't own this but tried it many times after reading such good reviews about it. I can't get past what seems to be an alcohol smell every time I put it on. It's a pungent, rubbing alcohol smell that overpowers everything nice about this fragrance. Maybe just on me...

on 7/19/2009 9:11:00 PM

I don't own this fragrance, but I smelled it on a tester strip. Although it is a really nice scent, I wouldn't buy it because i think it smells so similar to Bath and Body works "Sensual Amber'" which can be bought way cheaper.

on 7/19/2009 9:05:00 PM

This is my favorite "going out" fragrance because it actually lasts all night. Sometimes I can smell it on my clothes from the night before! It is a little bit of a sweeter fragrance so just apply sparingly. Only downside is that it's pretty expensive, but you can almost always find it in a nice set.

on 7/18/2009 3:40:00 AM

The best perfume i have ever smelled! I got so much compliments about this perfume when i wear it, everyone always asks! It is a high price to pay but it is worth it because you smell great!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

No no no! It was just waaay too sweet for my senses. I only sprayed a little on me, and it assailed my nose. If I wore it for too long, it would make me dizzy and/or give me a headache. Though the packaging is beautiful, and the sillage is great, I just can't wear it.

on 6/28/2009 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The positive feedback from this perfume is enormous. There is a softness and elegance to this perfume is unmatched by any other. Sweet, warm, floral scents are the most apparent in flowerbomb. The best part about this perfume is this - because it's pricey, it's not common! Thus, you stand out :)

on 6/18/2009 3:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have had a sample of Flowerbomb sitting on my fragrance shelf for ages...A woman doused with it on public transport immediately put me off the pungent perfume - it's really strong so use sparingly. The other day I put some on, and was pleasantly surprised and the beautiful, yummy, warm fragrance that unfolded throughout the day. But the great thing about this is that it lasts all day and it morphs into so many different yummy decadent scents! It stays very close to your skin and probably has THE best sillage out of my 30ish perfumes. It smells really good with my chemistry. At first I thought it was way too strong, but the strong flowery top notes fade away to reveal a yummy, caramelly scent.

Love it for Winter - stay away in summer though as it's probably too strong for it! Will continue to use this throughout the colder months, alternating with Burberry Brit, Vera Wang Princess and Stella (my all time favourite).

Popular Fragrances