October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Fragrances - Viktor & Rolf - Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by rizzler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have had around 400 fragrances and sniffed alot at the shops so you know that i am a perfume fan. Yet i only find myself truly loving this scent only and would glady give up the other scents i have just for this one, now i don't even know why i have them. It is a strong floral fragrance and i love strong frangrances, you just use less otherwise what is the point in buying lighter fragrances you might aswel buy a body spray. It is floral but smells like a hint of vanilla which is strange becuase this doesn't actually have vanilla notes in it. It is sexy the most sexyiest gorgeous scent i have smelt. I wish i could have atleast 5 favourite fragances as i love perfumes but i don't know if anything can top this. So many people wear this but i make sure i wear this all the time so people only will associate it with me and it is my signiture scent and it has took me over five years to find one. I want to get the shower gel and creams and bubble bath.........well the whole works !. lol

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by moschino000

this is the most beautiful smell ever! I discovered it in a magazine and the instant I smelled it, I had to have it. i've had many perfumes and loved them all at first, but after about two months i tend to go off the smell but i've had my bottle of flowerbomb for almost 5 months and i still absolutely love it! it doesnt smell anything like flowers, more sweet, kind of like vanilla which doesn't bother me because i prefer a sweeter scent.
the scent stays for quite a while and my parents always comment on the house smelling so good for hours after i've sprayed it. the bottle is just beautiful too. I will deffinately repurchase when i've run out despite the hefty price tag.
5 lippies because it is just perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

"Flowerbomb" is right. It's a bomb of a a flower scent - i.e. no floral here. All vanilla. Generic, silly. WAY to expensive for what it is. Floral lovers should definitely skip. 2 stars are generous.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by CupidzArrow

At work my work colleague was ranting on about this, so i thought let me smell it. oh-MY-lord it smelt so beeeautiful! It's more sweet than flowery, i understand the concept of the flowerbomb, it looks like a glass grenade so CLASSY. The notes seem to interwine fluently with eachother, a very clever creation. One con though, it is exceeedingly expensive, 55 for a 50ml!!! And 75 for a 100ml ive already used a 1/3 of it up!! Also Cheyl Cole used this so I DO NOT MIND SMELLING LIKE HER lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I smelled this bottle, I HAD TO HAVE IT! It is sultry and intoxicating. Oh my goodness!!! But - I after I wore it for a few days, I couldn't figure out why there was a patchouli odor following me around. I'm a teacher so I assumed it must be a student! Finally, after a few days, I realized it HAD TO BE ME!!!! That was almost heartbreaking. I LOVE this fragrance but I despise patchouli and somehow the drydown ended in a patchouli stink so there was just no compromising. I had to return the bottle. Still, when I see a bottle of it, I get sad for a moment because I can't do anything about it. If the chemistry is not right, you have to say goodbye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite fragrances. It's both soft and strong, sweet and spicy.

It really is like a bomb of flowers went off. It's a sultry and sexy scent that I always get compliments on when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice gourmand. Smells like soft cotton candy on my skin. Love the bottle and I have wanted this since I first heard of it. Now I finally own it and treasure it. very warm and soft on my skin, sweet but not sicknening sweet. This is very good, can't wait to try the Extreme....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by greengold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my very favorite scent ever. I used to be a perfume addict, but this is now my signature scent. It's a light floral(not too sweet, and not fruity at all) but with a touch of warmth. I get compliments on it all the time, every time. I could repeat everything that's already been said about it, but basically, I agree with everyone else that gave it a rating of 5 out of 5.

This stuff is pricey, but wow it goes a long way. Only apply one spray. Any more than that will over power everyone around you. I usually spray one wrist and then I dab it on my other wrist and behind my ears. It lasts all day and I get tons of compliments. I bought a refillable purse-size atomizer about 7 months ago, have used it daily, and I'm only just now finishing 0.5 ounces of it (and the box came with 3 refills.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by katana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this scent. It's floral, but it doesn't smell like flowers. And though it's sweet, it's never sickening sweet. It's subtle and sexy and clean at the same time - something very few perfumes can pull of in my opinion.
I've been using it since it was released, and that became the end of almost a decade of searching for a signature perfume. Before that I used Issey Miyakes Le Feu, but sadly they stopped making it. I have such a hard time finding perfumes that work on me, for some reason most scents smell very sweet and vanilla-like after a few hours - no matter whether they started out floral or musky or woody.. Unfortunately, though, years of use has made me almost immune to the smell of Flowerbomb. I can't believe I will have to start the Search again. It's so frustrating - spending weeks testing perfumes, sometimes ending up scrubbing your wrists pink in the office bathroom to rid yourself of the terrible smell that suddenly developed from the promising first notes...

Oh well. I wish I was new to this lovely scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by NancyDrew27

I had mixed feelings about Flowerbomb at first. I have to completely agree with the reviewers who've compared it to B&BW Sensual Amber, and since they were both, I believe, launched around the same time, it's hard to say who copied whom. However, after spraying them on cards and comparing, as well as wearing them both on my skin, I find that the only similarities I can note are amber (which always smells the same no matter what scent it is in) and a sweet, powdery, indefinable note. Overall, Sensual Amber is actually a bit fruitier (I detect NO fruit in Flowerbomb - thank God!) and it's also lacking in Flowerbomb's gorgeous yet subtle chocolate-y note. Flowerbomb's staying power is much better and though the price is a killer, it's much more affordable to invest in the refillable bottle and get twice as much perfume for the same price, the next time around when you get the refill itself. If you like the smells of both Sensual Amber and Flowerbomb, get both and wear Sensual Amber during the day, as it's lighter, and spray Flowerbomb on top of what's left in the evenings for something deeper and richer. After spraying flowerbomb during the afternoon, I still smell it the next morning upon waking up - a very sweet way to begin the day.

Speaking of chocolate, when I handed the test strip over to my guy for sniffing, he exclaimed that it was just as though he had stuck his nose into the halloween candy bags of his youth and, I had to agree. I kept the test strip for awhile, allowing myself a whiff now and then, though trying not to get too attached to it because I knew it was a bit too far out of my price range. I'd been really starting to crave it the past few days when my boyfriend surprised me with an early Valentine's Day gift! I now have the refillable 1.7 oz. bottle and I absolutely adore it! Oh and the bottle....sigh....perfection.

I also adore Angel, Pink Sugar, and Lolita Lempicka, and I think this scent takes notes from each, and adds a few of its own to the mix to create something not entirely original, but rather a perfect combination of the sweeter notes in the scents I gravitate toward. There are, to my nose, notes of: chocolate, amber, powder (nothing like baby powder), rose (think soft, pink roses instead of in-your-face reds), and clean patchouli (like the patchouli in Coco Mademoiselle, not Angel - if you like patchouli, you'll find it, but it won't stand out). There are also notes of bergamot, tea, freesia and jasmine, all of which I adore but cannot pull out and identify separately. Overall, a creamy, powdery, sweet confectionary scent that envelops you in a cloud of warmth and dreamy goodness. I am NOT a floral fan and this one is hardly floral - don't let yourself be fooled by the name!

This one won't be for everyone and probably would not be a safe bet for a gift, unless you know the girl to love gourmands and sweet scents. Though other reviewers have warned against over-spraying, I actually find it quite soft and more subtle than most sweet fragrances so even when applied with a heavy hand, it stays relatively close to the skin, leaving a soft and sweet, powdery sillage that doesn't change according to application.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!! Aside from my Vanilla Grapefruit (which smells like old books and vanilla in the dry-down, which simply cannot be beaten!), this one is my HG forever! Go try it! ;)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No