Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

No no no! It was just waaay too sweet for my senses. I only sprayed a little on me, and it assailed my nose. If I wore it for too long, it would make me dizzy and/or give me a headache. Though the packaging is beautiful, and the sillage is great, I just can't wear it.

on 6/28/2009 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The positive feedback from this perfume is enormous. There is a softness and elegance to this perfume is unmatched by any other. Sweet, warm, floral scents are the most apparent in flowerbomb. The best part about this perfume is this - because it's pricey, it's not common! Thus, you stand out :)

on 6/18/2009 3:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have had a sample of Flowerbomb sitting on my fragrance shelf for ages...A woman doused with it on public transport immediately put me off the pungent perfume - it's really strong so use sparingly. The other day I put some on, and was pleasantly surprised and the beautiful, yummy, warm fragrance that unfolded throughout the day. But the great thing about this is that it lasts all day and it morphs into so many different yummy decadent scents! It stays very close to your skin and probably has THE best sillage out of my 30ish perfumes. It smells really good with my chemistry. At first I thought it was way too strong, but the strong flowery top notes fade away to reveal a yummy, caramelly scent.

Love it for Winter - stay away in summer though as it's probably too strong for it! Will continue to use this throughout the colder months, alternating with Burberry Brit, Vera Wang Princess and Stella (my all time favourite).

on 6/16/2009 4:01:00 PM

I smelled this in a magazine and had to have it. Love the smell, but it does not last on me- people can't even smell it on me unless I hold my wrist up to them. I doused myself with it this morning and no comments. It is waaaaaaaaaay too expensive to not last. I only purchased the little mini sample. I am so disappointed because this smells so good! I might try the Extreme version instead.

on 5/29/2009 9:56:00 PM

So intoxicating!

My Absolute Favorite Perfume!!! it's sweet without being overly sugary and has just a hint of flower sent. It smells delicious, it pretty much makes my mouth water. I got a sample thinking it was just some overly expensive, regular old perfume until i took it home and smelled it. i fell in love. Considering i love light, sweet, girly scents this is the perfect perfume for me. The only cons are; it doesn't last too long, and the price tag is pretty high. but, it's totally worth it. i LOVE it. period.

on 5/21/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This review is for the EDP. Sugary-sweet fragrance with very poor lasting power. Doesn't smell bad at all and I wouldn't mind smelling this on another person but this fragrance is not for me. Very linear - there are no woody/floral/spicy basenotes at all to support the sweetness so not an interesting scent. Love the grenade-shaped bottle.

This is the most expensive beauty product I purchase, but it is soooo worth it! I can't stop wearing this fragrance, I am so addicted to it. It lasts on my skin all day and everyone compliments me on it. It smells like fresh minted money, violets and good & plenty! How yummy! I have the fragrance, the oil the body lotion and the bath gel. I LOVE IT!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a very sad individual. I'm 19 and have had this fragrance from day dot. It was my first very expensive perfume and whilst I try and escape it I always go back to it.

I know it's compared to Angel etc but since I'm really too young to have been around in its hey day I'm not really fussed.

Yes it's overpriced, doesn't wear well and there was a phase when it first came out where every single girl was wearing but that seems to have ended and I wear it religiously. Maybe as I mature I might move on but in the end Flowerbomb will always hold great memories for me.

on 5/3/2009 9:37:00 PM

I'm surprised at some of the references to Angel and Lolita. IMO, those are true floral oriental vs the newer sweet vanilla floral orientals or "gourmonds". While Angel and Lolita have some sweet notes, they are heavier and spicer a lot more than Flowerbomb. When I spray this, I get an almost almond scent and reminded me asap of Dior Addict or the Poison in the red bottle? Both have almond in their list. Perhaps it's a mix of sweet notes, but I get almond. Also, there's juuuusssttt a touch of Chanel no. 5 based on the powder note and patchouli but it stops there. I can't wear no 5 as easily as Flowerbomb. Chanel again, is more strong and heavier then Flowerbomb, but the powder feel is the same. It smells like a mix of Poison in the red bottle and Chanel no 5 at first, but then morphs into something else.

For reference, I tend to love gourmond scents and Flowerbomb delivers this at first, but then....It's the patchouli that ruines it for me. It takes a while to get there, but it's there at the end. A few hrs after spraying, I get a lot of patchouli, but ironically, it's very light. This would make it more "wearable" to those that like gourmonds or if you wanted a lighter summer pathouli, but MO? I wouldn't spend that much money on something that doesn't last longer. I've tried it numerous times and same results. It's complicated and beautiful but downright expensive when you think of the base notes lasting ability. It's just not there. I give it 4 stars bc it is beautifully blended and sophisticated for a gourmond, but for me, I won't buy it bc of the patchouli.

Popular Fragrances