Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a staple for me, on my nightstand. My parents always kept Nivea in the house so it's very familiar (the German brand, which has a very different scent than what is made in Mexico) I ask friends who travel to Europe to pick up a tin or tube for me!

on 4/3/2011 5:00:00 PM

Been using this since I was in HS (I would say that was 5-7 yrs ago). I just love this cream. I sometimes I use it as my night cream, hand/face cream or you can just it anywhere where your skin is dry. I also use it as a makeup remover!! This has tons of uses!
I had stretch marks before and I would use it every on those areas and I noticed a HUGE improvement, I can't remember how long did it take for me to get rid of it but This product works great!

on 4/1/2011 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

For a while I was getting tiny itchies on my face. Nothing major, just little itching here and there... but FREQUENTLY. Then I realized that it is this product. Whenever I use it, I have to scratch my face every few minutes. This product didn't cause a severe allergic reaction, but something in it still disagrees with me. I believe that it is either the preservative used in this (I now stay away from this particular preservative): methylchloroisothiazolinone. Or it's the fragrance. Either way... not for me!

Oh, also the tin blows. The lid never stays on.

on 3/28/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Cheaper and better.

My hands get extremely dry in the winter - the right one actually becomes a shade darker due to the thousands of tiny cuts caused by the chapped skin, and nothing works.

For years I've carried both Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream and Burt's Bees Hand Salve with only minor relief, but earlier this month, I bought, on impulse, a small tin of Nivea Creme from the Rite Aid counter.

My hands are better than just back to normal. The skin is soft, normal colored, and downright supple.

People have always complimented on how soft my hands are in the summer, but now I am getting the same compliments in winter. I am utterly amazed, even though I've been a Nivea user for years.

My only complaint is that the (very cute with the little hearts!) tin has to be kept in the side pocket of my purse because the lid isn't very secure and otherwise comes open.

on 3/28/2011 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Edit on 04/15/11: This started breaking me out. I won't use it again.

I used this all over my face as a moisturizer and it did not work for me. When I woke up my face did not feel soft, but waxy. It was hard to wash off. And it made the area around my eyes puffy and more wrinkly. With that being said, I recently tried Creme De La Mer and they are very similar in consistency and scent. Creme De La Mer cured my dry skin, but broke me out. One day I had this great idea to use my regular moisturizer after cleansing and just apply Nivea Creme to the areas where my face was extremely dry and flaky. Worked like a charm. I bought the small one that comes in a tin like can at Walgreens for 99 cents. What a bargain.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has been my HG product forever! I use it as a lotion, body butter, moisturizer, basically a lot of things! It's natural and smells great!

on 3/23/2011 8:46:00 AM

this is great for my dry skin! it really moisturizes my face without leaving it greasy. it is thick, white and creamy and is just an amazing beauty product to use on your skin daily, just during winter or when you just want to give your skin that extra moisture it may be lacking. every woman should have this!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! Can't go without it. I use this on my hands, feet, elbows, basically anywhere that needs extra moisture. Its very thick but I don't mind, the results are phenomenal. I even use a small amount under my eyes when my eye cream just ain't cutting it. It plumps out my fine lines and prepairs my under eye area for a smooth application of makeup. I will buy this forever!

on 3/8/2011 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Heaven on the body, horror on the face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I was nervous to try it since everyone complains about the American version but this is one of the onlllllyy products that I've found that deep moisturizes without clogging my pores or breaks me out. really love this as an eye cream and as a moisturizer for the face everyone in a while when I'm feeling extra dry. I look forward to trying the German version!