Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

I have been using it since i was a child. Its a must have especially when you catch a cold and skin on your face is very dry.

I've used this as an eye makeup remover for yearsand it is excellent for that. However, after reading the review below regarding two types of Nivea - one made in Mexico and one from Europe, I will only purchase the one made in Europe if I buy it again. Mine says "made in Mexico" and I never realized mineral oil was in it. Not good. Also, I'm not thrilled with benzyl benzoate in it and possible effects on the endocrine system. I may be looking for other alternatives.

ATTENTION LADIES: THIS CREAM IS AN EXCELLENT EYE MAKEUP REMOVER.

Believe it or not, it removes my eye makeup! I just get a bit on my finger and rub it on my eyes and then wipe it off with a kleenex and my eye makeup is off!! It saves you so much $$ considering how much of it is in the container, so you dont need to go out purchasing those special "waterproof eye makeup removers for sensitive skin" etc.. that cost $12 every month. This lasts you ages!!! :) Makes a good foot and hand cream, and is great for your face in the winter months when a more thick, rich cream is necessary to keep your skin well moisturized throughout the day.

Love this, multipurposeful & definitely a buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Although it is greasy, this will cure flaky skin and rough cuticles when nothing else makes an impact. I even use it on my face/as eye cream in a pinch, and haven't had any breakouts/irritation. I wish it wasn't so heavily scented, and that Walmart here sold it in the metal tins I used to buy up in Canada - the big glass jar is just asking for a disaster one of these days, especially since it, as aforementioned, leaves a greasy residue. To keep from getting the creme under my nails, I use a little pink plastic spoon that came in a box of Sweet'N Low to scoop it out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff! I always have a trusty blue tin in my purse at all times. My elbows and knees cannot go without this product in the winter. i could see this being a bit greasy or over-moisturizing if you don't have dry skin, but as I don't have that problem, it's not an issue.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice cream.But not the best for sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite cream during winter!

I actually got this for free with purchase of any Nivea product at my local Target, in the small tin, and so far I love this as a foot cream, as well as for my hands at night. I will definitely repurchase when I'm done with my free tin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been a member for this site for a very long time, but this is my very first review. I had to come out of the woodworks and say something about the Nivea cream after it helped restore my skin this past weekend. This is the Mexican version which came in a travel size tin at the drugstore for 99 cents. The consistency is difficult to spread at first, but softens as the white color turns clear. Also, the lid doesn't seem secure and looks like it could fall off easily.

To prepare for Halloween, I decided to give myself a glycolic acid peel. Although my skin is quite sensitive, prone to redness, and both oiliness and dryness, I've been using glycolic acid products and doing peels for over a year with little issue. Unfortunately I left it on too long and some parts of my skin broke out, turned red, scabbed, and developed three quarter-size eczema patches as a result. I tried Jojoba oil, lactic acid, etc., until my friend suggested Nivea at the last minute. She had used it to keep her skin moist and soft in the past while she was on heavy acne medicine.

For 3-4 days I've been applying Nivea before bed and spot-treating at day underneath my makeup. Today my skin is all one tone and the blemishes/scabbing and dryness are all gone. Also, my skin is extremely soft---it's never felt this soft and smooth before. I recommend this for emergencies and will update based on normal use for oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin.

I have given up using expensive night creams as I was getting the same results from this brilliant, soft, sweet-smelling potion. I use it every night, and always used it when I was young, as it was all I could afford, and people tell me my skin is lovely. I am 50 (it's not THat OLD) and used to use La Mer. Well I like this better. It reminds me of sunny days in the late 70s when we used to wear it to get a tan!!! Oh, youth...