Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 7/14/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Wowzers, this stuff is great. I started using it as an eye cream at night, which is amazing; it brightens my under-eye area and smoothes the few fine lines that I have. Works wonders on my neck, chest, and hands as well. It is very thick but absorbs easily; I actually prefer it to my Eucerin Intensive because it's less greasy and leaves my skin feeling soft, not sticky. I love the scent, too. This is simple stuff but a real miracle worker. A++

on 7/7/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for over 3 years and I've finally gotten around to giving my opinion on this moisturiser. I first started using it when I was starting to get into looking after my skin. At first I was using an Olay moisturiser which felt itchy and uncomfortable on my sensitive skin and my mother told me she used to use this for the burns on her hand as a child so I should try it and see if it irritated my skin or not. So I tried it out and found it worked brilliantly with my skin! I would definitely recommend this for sensitive types.

The product itself is very moisturising and thick. I used to use this as both a day and night moisturiser but recently I've changed to just using it at night and I found it saves a bit of time in the morning as usually I really need to rub this in. It should be used sparingly as when I first started using it I slapped it on until it looked like I was wearing a face mask and my skin started breaking out with dry spotty patches, unsurprisingly!

The container isn't very sanitary as you have to dig your fingers into it and I've noticed little pieces of hair ect getting stuck in it. Really unhygienic, I wish they would change the packaging up a bit.

I love this as a night time moisturiser but probably not for day (also, I find it doesn't blend into my neck well?). A lot of people comment on how baby soft my skin is and I think this is to thank for it! The packaging is pretty gross but the results are great so I think it's easy to overlook. Will continuing buying this for years to come! x

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Ive just completed my tub of this stuff and it wasnt bad... but it wasnt great either. Im not a big fan of the packaging. im very bacteria-cautious because of my acne, and the tub didnt seem sanitary. It also can be thick so i just swipe a finger in the cream and that's enough for my entire face. Still, it did feel a bit heavy and uncomfortable (i have oily skin). but it didnt break me out which was nice, it has no parabens, and i never complained about chapped skin the whole time i was using it.

But the BIG PLUS: i wanted to finish up the tub so i could buy a new moisturizer. so i started using this stuff on my skin and WOW my skin GLOWED! Ive never felt it so soft and happy! haha

Summary: GREAT as an body moisturizer, "eh" as a face moisturizer.

on 7/3/2011 2:52:00 AM

This is like a must in my skin care.
I've been using this since i was like 3 years old and my skin is always smooth :)

on 6/22/2011 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

On my third tub of this! Use it every Winter when my skin is at its driest. Works like a charm and isn't very greasy. It absorbs easily into my skin and smells incredible too. Of course I'll be repurchasing!

on 6/17/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I ADORE this stuff! I use it as lotion after I have exfoliated in the shower. Then, I put on my warmest pajamas, and wake up with soft skin! I also use this as an eye cream, but I cannot say anything as I am still young and have no wrinkles! But better safe than sorry, y'know? The smell brings back memories because my grandma had a big jar of it sitting on her dresser. I used up a small tin of it, then became addicted! I bought a big glass jar of it (which came with a plastic top o.O) and I've used it everyday and I've barely made a dent in it!

Update 7/22/11: BREAKTHROUGH! If you find this cream too thick for your face. Try sticking it in the fridge! (Long story.. but trust me it was a good mistake!) When you apply the cold cream to your face, you'll find it's a much thinner consistency and feels very cooling! Also, if youhave a terrible sunburn, try this stuff!

on 6/13/2011 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not crazy about this cream/creme, however, I always have a small tin on hand (75ml tin Made in Germany version). My Mother uses this on her face & hands, and has done so since her teens. She has fabulous skin, hardly a line (she's 69yo, looks much younger) it works for her. However, it's just not my "cup of tea". I use it on my face only if it gets very irritated by the elements or flares up because of another product. Nivea cream seems to calm it down very fast even if I have peeled - it's very effective in doing this for me. It almost neutralises my skin whilst protecting it with a watery seal. Very strange cream and behaves like no other product I've tried. Sometimes (rarely) I will use it over another cream to kind of seal it in. But that's it for me. I don't feel it moisturises particularly well, not on any deep level, nor does it feel nice on my very dry skin. I always think of this cream as the 'great pretender' lol Anyway, it feels kind of wet and uncomfortable. Having said that though, I will always have a tin and continue buying it for years to come as there is nothing like it for what I use it for. Packaging of huge tubs & dinky little flat tins kind of suck, but I suppose this type of texture may be difficult in a pump.

on 6/9/2011 1:59:00 AM

I've used this cream ever since I could remember. I eventually began to question if this was really appropriate for the face since it was so thick that my mother never uses it for her face but my father does. So it was my dad that got me using this ever since I was a child. I have always used this for the face and although I don't have perfect skin, it's still pretty good. For the summer, it might be too oily/greasy for some people so Nivea soft is a great alternative. A 200mL jar lasts me a long time and I feel it's worth the money.

on 6/2/2011 1:27:00 AM

I purchased this (German version, 200ml) in Coles for about $9 AUD after I'd heard that it was a dupe for Creme de la Mer. At first I found it quite thick and difficult to rub in to the skin (which I hate), but then I read a review about the application techniques, so tried the following: I rubbed a small amount in between my palms until the cream turned translucent, and then firmly pressed it into my face. It does feel a bit heavy for a minute or two, but then it sinks right in.

Although I find it still too heavy/shiny for a day cream, I really like it as a night cream. I find in the mornings, my face is definitely more hydrated and "plump". It's not SUPER hydrating (which is why I've knocked off a lippie- the skin around my jawline does get very dry and it doesn't provide enough hydration for that), it's just a nice, affordable night cream.

Will repurchase (if I ever run out!). Hey, if people are paying THAT much money for Creme de la Mer, and it's basically the exact same product, they've gotta be on to something.

on 5/26/2011 1:00:00 PM

I got someone to bring me the European one from England, without the weird preservatives. I use it as a night cream on my face, and although it is a little hard to rub in, it leaves my face clear, smooth, and moisturized. I swtiched to this from Pond's for dry skin cream, and i think I like this better because it doesn't have parabens (can be harmful), and has a lighter scent. You can just warm it on your fingertips to get it to go on more smoothly. Pretty cheap, and works well! Also so nice on your elbows, knees.. where ever! Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to find the German version in Canada/US...