October 24, 2014 | 1122 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

Good for very tough, dry spots on skin. I like it on my feet actually. I dislike the smell however and it's a little too greasy/thick for all purpose use I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:07:00 AM More reviews by janjarang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Nivea Creme! I decided to purchase this product after reading the good reviews here and I am so glad I did it! I use it for both face and body. I have combination skin whereas in summer my T-zone is oily and in winter my U-zone gets completely dry and even flaky sometimes. I walk to work a lot (I live in Geneva, Switzerland) and the cold wind from the lake makes my face so dried. Only two days after using Nivea Creme, my skin is now soft and healthy again! I only use it as my night cream since it is too thick for day time (it will be difficult for your make up to stay). By the way, I usually get acne easily and was quite skeptical. However, there is no breakout at all :-) My husband from Austria said that they used to (and still often) use this cream for babies and that his grandmother used it for everything (and she looks much younger than her age). I have tried many expensive night moisturizers before (la Mer is also on that list) but Nivea is exceptionally brilliant! I admit that la Mer liquidize better but when you compare the prices, a little extra effort isnít so bad. The cream is very thick but it melts well into my skin. I get it in German version and it has no preservative. I highly recommend this product! (P.S. I donít know if Iíll use this in summer though. It is quite heavy but Iíll try anyway).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by jetsabel

I always have very dry skin on my face in winter and am always looking for a good moisturizer. After reading really good reviews on MUA, I bought this creme. It seems okay at first, but then a couple of days after applying it I completely break out. I can see the clogged pores all over my face and it is really awful!

I have tried it on more than one occasion, being convinced that it must be hormones or something else that was making my face break out like that... since everyone else has given this creme such good reviews. It's definitely the creme.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by laurarslv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I'm Portuguese so this review will be for the German Nivea. For me,this cr-eam is a multi-tasquer. Here is what I use it for:
- my hands/feet at night or when they are too dry.
- my face at night, the next morning my skin is glowing
- I also use it as a makeup remover when I'm on a budget
- on my knees/elbows or other areas that need the extra attention.

There aren't enough words for me to praise this product! For all the people that said it was too greasy/thick, when I use it on my face I lightly dab it on my face and spread. If you use more your skin will look like a grease ball.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great as a night cream. I love it. I prefer to buy in a metal blue tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by love_and_butterflies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only thing that keeps my hands & elbows from getting dry in the winter. It also helps to spot treat any dry facial patches. I love the classic sent. I hope I never have to find a replacement for this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by MakeupPadawan

We are lucky in Australia in that we get Nivea straight from Europe here. So all our Nivea Creme is German. I always keep a jar on hand for dry skin emergencies. I generally don't like to use this on my face because my skin is oily/combination, and this is very thick and emollient. I love this for my feet. It is excellent slathered onto dry heels at bedtime. Put socks on afterwards. I sometimes use this on hands as well but only ever last thing at night just because it takes ages to absorb. I have used this on chapped lips too. It doesn't taste too good so try not to lick it lol The jar is a pain but I don't see this working in a tube either! A little spatula would be a cool thing to include but then they'd probably have to put the nice cheap price up! I give this a 4 because I like it and I use it but it is extremely thick and heavy, so my usage is limited.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the German made Nivea creme tins while visiting a friend in Greece. With daily Retin-A use and harsh Winter weather, I began to experience very dry, irritated skin around my mouth and on my chin. I began to use the Nivea Creme as a nightime moisturizer on my face. I began to experience clogged pores after two weeks of nightly use. I now use the Nivea creme as a face mask and have no problems with blemishes or clogged pores.
I apply a layer of the Nivea creme, which is white, to my entire face. I wait approximately half and hour until the creme turns mostly clear and remove the Nivea creme with Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser. With nightly use I was able to resume Retin-A use.
The Nivea creme (German version) itself is inexpensive. I purchased a promotional package that contained two tins for approximatly $6.00. I can not compare the German Nivea creme to the Nivea creme available in the States, because I have only used Nivea brand body and lip products in the past.
I have used and own Creme de la Mer, which German made Nivea creme has been compared to. The La Mer and the Nivea Creme do have similar scents, but they do not smell the exact same. The texture of Creme de La Mer is slightly thicker than the Nivea creme. I am unable to use either as a daytime moisturizer as both are very heavy and cause my skin to appear oily.
I also like to use the Nivea creme at bedtime on my hands, and I do not mind the retro-style tin packaging.
My friend in Europe just sent me several additional tins at my request. I would have put a "1" for price, but since I am unable to purchase the German Nivea creme in the States, I must pay for shipping to have it sent from my friend in Europe, which is why I put "2" for price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have never actually purchased this product, but my mom uses Nivea product all the time, so I get tubs of these from her every once in a while. I don't use this a lot so a tub lasts me forever and I also only use it at night prior to going to bed because I don't use a regular moisturizer during the day (I use a sunscreen instead).

I like the scent - that typical Nivea scent that's soft and powdery, and it does tend to linger for a while, but I can't imagine it beeing overly offensive for anyone. I like that it's thick and buttery almost, but when you put it on your face it feels very hydrating and slightly greasy but not in that heavy Vaseline type of way.
My mom has used these products practically all her life, she is in her late 50s now and everyone tells her that she looks like she's in her early 40s. Now I am not going to attribute that solely to Nivea creams, but I am sure that it played a small part. She is obsessed with moisturizers. I am not, though, as I don't have overly dry skin so I don't need moisturizers except at night after cleansing my face only if my skin feels tight, and in the winter of course.
I use this at night and wake up in the morning with my skin feeling really soft and hydrated. I absolutely love it will purchase at some point if I have to, but I have had a tub of it for a couple of years and it's still have full. If I ever need more I will probably just get it from my mom. She also tends to get European versions of this product which are better, imo.

Only problem I can see people having with it is the fact that you have to stick your fingers in the tub in order to get the product out. I personally don't have an issue with this since I only use this product after I cleanse my face/hands... and also, I don't see any other type of packaging working any better because the product is quite thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by aquaheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Nivea! All of their products are great, but the Creme is really amazing. I try a lot of other lotions and I always end up going back to Nivea Creme :) It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth and the smell is great.