September 2, 2014 | 918 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rzirkle410

This is a facial lotion that I've been using for a few years now. I love it! It's rich enough that it moisturizes dry patches, but not so much that it makes my skin oily. I like that it comes in a pot because it gives me more control over how much I apply. The fragrance is light and I love how soft and supple my skin feels after I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Espiegle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am in Germany, so I was pretty excited about being able to get a La Mer dupe...and I love retro, classics, standbys, etc- and I'm always happy about inexpensive, So it was all good.
I'm rating a 4/buy again for hand and body use of Nivea ONLY- NOT for face. And high rating for packaging because I just love tins, and retro packaging, even though, yes, it's a little hard to manoeuvre sometimes.

I bought a tiny tin, and a larger one (one for gym, one for home) and proceeded to use it...incidentally, there is nothing better for dry winter hands. On the face though- well, first of all, it is far, far too greasy for me, but I thought that that might be the case, I just also thought maybe it would be ok, as I'd never tried Nivea on my face.

But the real problem was this; after about a week of using Nivea on my face, I noticed that my 1 or 2 little chin hairs that I tweeze had 4 or 5 little friends! Ack!! I kid you not! Then I remembered a friend of mine in college telling me that "Nivea makes your hair grow." It's actually true! The good news is, after stopping using it, the hairs haven't come back. Weird.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the little 99 cent, 1 oz tin of this stuff to just test this out and see if I liked it, and if I didn't, then I wouldn't be out much money. I love this stuff! My skin can be really dry on my cheeks, that no other moisturizer can fix, but this stuff. I don't use it all over my face, because I think that it would be too greesy, and I'm not dry all over, just on my cheeks. I literally just need to barely tap my finger into the product to get enough for my cheeks. A little goes a long way, I'm seriously not sure if this little tin will ever run out! I've had this for about 8 to 10 months, and I haven't even made a dent in it yet. It will last me forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this on my face, and in the winter, its fabulous. its very much like creme de la mer. Im acne prone, and it hasnt broken me out, which is quite amazing. beforehand, I take my makeup off with ponds makeup removing cloths, then wash with the new noxzema scrub, and then top with nivea creme. my face is smooth and soft, not a flake or pimple. amazing. I warm the creme between my fingers before putting it on.*****update***** this actually did cause me some acne. So I switched back to using creme de la mer, and no more acne, but the same soft and moisturized skin. weird - since they have somewhat similar ingredients. But thats enough to make me not want to use this on my face anymore. I'll keep this in my purse for my hands though. its still amazing, still rate it as a 5.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This isn't a general, all-purpose, day-and-nighttime facial moisturizer, I find it too thick and hard to spread for that. And since it IS so thick you can be scared it will block pores. However I learned to use it as a face protector for theatre/costume makeup, you apply it under your theatre or carnaval makeup. Theatre and carnaval makeup is thick and heavy and greasy and hard to remove, and it dyes the skin (temporarily), but if you apply Nivea creme underneath then it will be easy to remove and it won't taint your skin. I have had friends/companions complain that there was no way they could get their theatre makeup off no matter how hard they scrubbed, and that was because they were too lazy to apply Nivea first. You can also use it if you do face painting on kids, underneath their face paints. Parents complain a lot about face paints because they just can't get it off, but that won't be a problem if you put Nivea on the kids first. As for using it as an ordinary moisturizer, well I never do that. I think it would be too thick and pore-blocking to use regularly. But it would probably be great for problem areas like cuticles, feet, whatever.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Zuuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I want to clarify that this product is NOT to be used as a face moisturizer.

This is a body moisturizer. I have used this forever, every time my elbows or legs feel dry -> One application and they're good to go. I also use this to thicken my foundation and make it whiter (for costume makeup), also to soften my hand calluses (I take lots of notes in class, and I tend to hold my writing instruments very hard), etc.

Another tip: My mom used this on her forehead whenever she dyed her hair. With a heavy layer on top of her skin, the dye would not soak anywhere outside of her roots, and the cleanup would be much easier.

Overall, I give this four lippies because the packaging may be not user-friendly sometimes, but a little goes a veeery long way, and it's so versatile. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 7:00:00 AM More reviews by simpleLOVEx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the good reviews I read about it and boy was I surprised. It was super greasy and oily, which irritated my dry skin instead of moisturizing it. It didn't absorb into my skin at all, and kinda just sat on top of it. I've never tried any other skin product as greasy and oily as this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Totally awful. This stuff is greasy as all get-out and smells bad. It contains mineral oil, which my skin is sensitive to, so I've only tried it on my hands. It took forever to sink into my skin and didn't do a good job moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by agirllikeme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands-down one of the best winter moisturizers. But, it has it's cons. First, I'd say this is a night only moisturizer (you might want to switch up your morning one), because the consistency is very, very thick, heavy, it doesn't sink into the skin quickly at all, and is rather sticky. But, if you sleep with this on, your skin will be a smooth, silky, nourished dream in the morning. It's amazing. I usually use this at night, and if I need extra moisture I'll use Nivea's Original Moisture in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by lupiechick77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best winter moisturizer around, hands down. It does wonders for my dry hands, elbows, and knees. I am a life long user. I recommend this to anyone in need of relief from super dry skin.