MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This lipstick is ok... I have had it recommended to me twice now by MAC artists.... Its not really what I am looking for. It looks too brown on my and all together too dark. I also dont like a lot of shimmer in my lipsticks. If I want shimmer or shine ( mostly a bit of dewy shine) I will use a gloss.

i love this lipstick! Its perfect for everyday wear, or for a night on the town. I love the fact that this supports mac aids!!
I use this everyday, its perfect to throw in your purse and it goes with everything. Sometimes the color looks really pink, sometimes it is more nude, it depends on my hair color. Sometimes i combine this with the matching gloss, or another gloss and it looks fab. It looks natural enough to wear everyday, and looks HOT with smokey eyes. This lipstick is very creamy however, i do find myself having to reapply, which i dont mind because the color is beautiful. I usually dont wear lipstick, but i find this different since it does not look like you're wearing lipstick.

What I like most about this is the cause it supports. The scent and texture are my next favorite things. As for the color, and the longevity of the color... I think it's very mediocre. That's not to say that I don't like it, because I do- - I'm just not "wowed" by it. I bought it with Lustreglass in "Wildly Lush" and wear them together when I do smoky eyes. Overall, it's a good everyday go-to shade that I will wear until gone.

LOVE how charitable this lippie is. LOVE the color and how it sorta changes with different lighting. LOVE that it's a lustre.

it's a "dirty"-pinky color with gold lustre flecks. sometimes it looks more brownish pink on me, and other times more nude-y pink. depends on the lighting. i did wear it for a while and then stop and when i pick it up again, it amazed me AGAIN!

i think it's a good addition to anyone's makeup arsenal. also, i think it's a good starter lipstick for people looking to switch over from gloss. i highly recommend this lippie, a very safe, neutral shade.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I had a certain idea of how this would look on my pigmented lips and against my NC30/35 skintone based on the reviews. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed once I bought it and tried it out a few times. The color was sort of "eh" but mostly it was the effect that the shimmer had that turned me off of this color. It wasn't flattering, in fact, it made my lips look like they were flaking rather than shimmering. Yuck.That said, I have to say that the fact that MAC donates ALL proceeds of each lipstick to AIDS research is wonderful. It bothers me when companies say they donate proceeds to charity and then you find out it's some miniscule percentage. continued >>

Just for reference, this is my first lipstick. I am totally new to the lip scene because I always feel overdone with lipstick on, but Viva Glam V is so different. It's like your lips but BETTER! I do think that it is an everyday lipstick but paired with lipglass Viva Glam V makes it a going out look. Overall, I LOVE IT! Plus it doesn't break the bank at $14 a pop. AND ---- you feel good since all of the proceeds go to the AIDS Foundation :)

I went to the MAC counter to find a neutral every day color that I could just throw on in a hurry, I played around with alot of colors before finally asking the MA for help (I don't like asking for help cause I feel pressured if they pick something out for me that I don't like) The MA picked this color immediately for me. I tried it on at first I wasn't sure because I had been testing lipsticks and my lips were all messed up from trying so many colors LOLLLL So I bought it anyhow and once I got home and tried it on clean lips I loved it =) It's a no brainer kind of color that you can just apply and go, I will always keep this one in my bag =)

A perfect neutral, everyday color. Only complaint, like most of MAC's lipsticks, the staying power is weak. Have to constantly re-apply.

I almost never wear lipstick, but decided that a good YLBB color would be a must-have for any makeup collection. Based on recommendations, I checked out VGV and Hug Me. I liked the lustre of VGV better, so went with this. On me, it's almost an exact match of my natural color, just enhanced-exactly what I wanted! I don't feel like I'm wearing lipstick when I have this on. It's definitely a great investment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I also checked this out because of the June 2007 Allure Reader's Choice issue...but I am glad I did. On me, a PPP with green eyes and strawberry blonde hair, this is a very pretty shimmery nude pink that looks good with pretty much everything and I wear it frequently. I'm glad I tried it. The cool packaging and the charity donation are nice perks too!

Recommended for Medium Skin