December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by vain_brat

went to the mac counter to experiment with new makeup shades and i walked away with this. i was originally wanting to buy VIVA GLAM (original) because i was looking for a bold red color. But i ended up trying this on as well and my usband just loved it! he told me to take a break from my bright lip colors and go neutral, so i decided to give in and purchased this. For reference, I have medium-fair skin (if that makes sense) with yellow undertones. Right now its summer and im starting to get pretty tanned and i must admit, this pinkish-nude brown color looks amazing. I love the tiny sparkles, and i think it makes my lips look plumper somehow,,,maybe coz its such a light color (?).

anyway, i like the fact that proceeds from the sale of this l/s goes toward a good cause.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by smallnspicy

I'm NC43, for reference. My friend (who is a MAC makeup artist) used this on me for my wedding day, and i must admit, when i first saw it in the tube, i felt it was too light (too pink) for my filipino complexion. But she used it with MAC Lipliner in BBQ, and put this over it, and it looked great! It lasted ALL day, through ALL the pictures, smiles, and through dinner. I only had to reapply once in the evening. Its a classic color, it isnt too bright and isnt too pale. I use it alone for everyday wear, and i add the lipliner to add a little intensity for evening wear. I found it to be a very flexible color because i would use with other lipliners and it blended well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fabulous lipstick ! A perfect,beautiful shade and feels comfy on. It also goes on smoothly and stays on nicely. I LOVE this lipstick and would definately repurchase !!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about this one. I've had this shade for a long time now & was never all that impressed with it. I always felt like it looked very blah on me and didn't wear it often. But something happened with this that has happened to too many of my MAC lipsticks...it broke at the base. So I decided to scoop all the color out and put in a little pot and just take the case back for the Back2MAC program. I started to use this w/ a lipbrush & for whatever reason it looks 100% better when used like this. I posted a FOTD once using this & everyone loved my lips...even me! Very strange but now I like it & I'm glad I decided to keep the color even though I returned the case. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This very pretty lippie that lives up to its reputation. It is a bit darker than my other nudes, but certainly ranks right up there with the best of them. The color is very sexy and shiny. The texture is very good and it lasts on me. I can't add more than what has been said before--this is definitely one of my HG nudes and I will repurchase when it's gone. Respectfully submitted, colormepink

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 2:23:00 AM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For reference: PPP, cool toned, dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes

I bought this after using it most frequently from the Viva Glam 6 lip palette that came out during Xmas. Although I like all the colors, this is by far my favorite. This is a great nude, and has a little bit of shimmer in it. The SA associate at MAC had me try on the lipglass, but I wasn't that fond of it. Like it, but didn't deliver the way the lipstick does. This color is really great as an everday color and I wear it quite frequently. The tube is great (I am obsessed with lipstick tubes and I love this one) with a splash of red, and what's great is that all $14 go to the fight against AIDS. I'm all about it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I didn't care for this in lipgloss form, but I love the lipstick! The l/g is too brown on me, but this looks just like my lips but sparkly as another muar said below :) I am an NC30is/N4ish olive FFF for ref.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick sooooooo very much !!! It makes my darkly pigmented lips look plump and lovely. I wear it daily as it goes with every makeup look I try. It lasts quite a while and fades evenly through out the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pikku_peikko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this lippie - the cute packaging, where the money I pay goes and the fact that I can wear it every single day, with basically every look that I want. My HG lippie, definately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Between this and V-this one is best. Very sparkly! Love it!