MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 6/17/2007 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I had a certain idea of how this would look on my pigmented lips and against my NC30/35 skintone based on the reviews. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed once I bought it and tried it out a few times. The color was sort of "eh" but mostly it was the effect that the shimmer had that turned me off of this color. It wasn't flattering, in fact, it made my lips look like they were flaking rather than shimmering. Yuck.That said, I have to say that the fact that MAC donates ALL proceeds of each lipstick to AIDS research is wonderful. It bothers me when companies say they donate proceeds to charity and then you find out it's some miniscule percentage. continued >>

on 6/13/2007 8:09:00 PM

Just for reference, this is my first lipstick. I am totally new to the lip scene because I always feel overdone with lipstick on, but Viva Glam V is so different. It's like your lips but BETTER! I do think that it is an everyday lipstick but paired with lipglass Viva Glam V makes it a going out look. Overall, I LOVE IT! Plus it doesn't break the bank at $14 a pop. AND ---- you feel good since all of the proceeds go to the AIDS Foundation :)

on 6/12/2007 11:59:00 PM

I went to the MAC counter to find a neutral every day color that I could just throw on in a hurry, I played around with alot of colors before finally asking the MA for help (I don't like asking for help cause I feel pressured if they pick something out for me that I don't like) The MA picked this color immediately for me. I tried it on at first I wasn't sure because I had been testing lipsticks and my lips were all messed up from trying so many colors LOLLLL So I bought it anyhow and once I got home and tried it on clean lips I loved it =) It's a no brainer kind of color that you can just apply and go, I will always keep this one in my bag =)

on 6/4/2007 3:00:00 PM

A perfect neutral, everyday color. Only complaint, like most of MAC's lipsticks, the staying power is weak. Have to constantly re-apply.

on 6/3/2007 11:21:00 AM

I almost never wear lipstick, but decided that a good YLBB color would be a must-have for any makeup collection. Based on recommendations, I checked out VGV and Hug Me. I liked the lustre of VGV better, so went with this. On me, it's almost an exact match of my natural color, just enhanced-exactly what I wanted! I don't feel like I'm wearing lipstick when I have this on. It's definitely a great investment.

on 6/1/2007 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I also checked this out because of the June 2007 Allure Reader's Choice issue...but I am glad I did. On me, a PPP with green eyes and strawberry blonde hair, this is a very pretty shimmery nude pink that looks good with pretty much everything and I wear it frequently. I'm glad I tried it. The cool packaging and the charity donation are nice perks too!

on 6/1/2007 5:09:00 PM

I have to admit, I checked this out b/c of the Allure Readers Poll (June 2007 issue). This is a frosty nudish-pink (more pink than nude) with beige/brown undertones (NC25 Asian). The color is kind of subtle, but the shimmer is not. Sexy shade, I dig it. Before buying this, I also tried Hug Me and was not very impressed -- it seemed boring and not special. Plus I can selfishly feel good about how I just contributed to charity, haha.

on 5/30/2007 4:46:00 AM

This was my first mac lipstick and I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't get this to work for me. The color is so pretty but it dosen't look good on me. I tried it on my mom, who's not as pale as I am, and it looks really nice on her, so at least it wasn't a total loss. The formula felt good but it didn't last very long and the color was on the sheer side. I wouldn't buy this color again but I will try other shades.

on 5/26/2007 6:05:00 PM

went to the mac counter to experiment with new makeup shades and i walked away with this. i was originally wanting to buy VIVA GLAM (original) because i was looking for a bold red color. But i ended up trying this on as well and my usband just loved it! he told me to take a break from my bright lip colors and go neutral, so i decided to give in and purchased this. For reference, I have medium-fair skin (if that makes sense) with yellow undertones. Right now its summer and im starting to get pretty tanned and i must admit, this pinkish-nude brown color looks amazing. I love the tiny sparkles, and i think it makes my lips look plumper somehow,,,maybe coz its such a light color (?).

anyway, i like the fact that proceeds from the sale of this l/s goes toward a good cause.

on 5/8/2007 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm NC43, for reference. My friend (who is a MAC makeup artist) used this on me for my wedding day, and i must admit, when i first saw it in the tube, i felt it was too light (too pink) for my filipino complexion. But she used it with MAC Lipliner in BBQ, and put this over it, and it looked great! It lasted ALL day, through ALL the pictures, smiles, and through dinner. I only had to reapply once in the evening. Its a classic color, it isnt too bright and isnt too pale. I use it alone for everyday wear, and i add the lipliner to add a little intensity for evening wear. I found it to be a very flexible color because i would use with other lipliners and it blended well.

Recommended for Medium Skin