MAC Pigment in Vanilla

4.7

on 12/16/2005 2:22:00 AM

So versatile and easy to combine with other e/s, Vanilla is my must-have pigment. Of course, you can use it on it's own or on the cheeks as a highlighter, but try to mix it with a gloss... it works amazingly well! Couldn't live w/out.

on 11/30/2005 11:03:00 PM

They should call this "French Vanilla," because although it looks pretty in the jar, when I apply it it looks like that fake yellow color of grocery store brand French vanilla ice cream. I'm sure this shows up beautifully on some people but on me it's a sickly yellow.

on 11/30/2005 7:09:00 PM

Ugh, this looks hideous on me! I don't know what everyone sees in this one. I wanted to love it, like most everyone else. But to me it just looks like chalky white shimmer, with barely a hint of pink anywhere! Maybe I got a bad batch?

on 11/14/2005 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

In the jar, Vanilla is a fairly ordinary shimmery cream shade. However, once applied, it's much more complex than that: golden pink shimmer. The texture is very finely milled and the color stays true on my oily lids. The only thing I dislike about this is the packaging. It's comes in a black jar, but the jar doesn't have a sifter. It costs $18.50 for 7.5 g/0.26 oz. I wouldn't buy the full-size, but I definitely repurchase samples of it. continued >>

Vanilla is one of those basic colors (a cream color with pink iridescence) that every pigment fan should have. You can use it by itself as a sheer lid wash, you can pack it on for a slightly more dramatic look, you can mix it with cool colors (I often combine it with Clear Sky Blue pigment) or mix it with warm colors, use it as a hilighter...it can pretty much work for everyone.

If you're used to pressed shadow, pigments can take a little time to get used to. It's very easy to find samples, however, so if you're curious swap for one or two.

on 10/30/2005 6:59:00 PM

Vanilla pigment is a off-white shimmery color with a small hint of pink. I'm not a big fan of MAC pigments in general because they tend to be messy and you have to be precise in the amount you get on your brush, because you only need a very tiny amount otherwise it ends up being way too sheeny? (if that even a word)

I mainly use this on my inner corner, or as a highlighter, but you can basically brush on a little bit to add a bit of shine and glow. As I mentioned before a little bit of product gives off a lot of color so it'll last you quite a long time. It comes in an adorable jar, but can be messy at times because there is no sifter. Although this is a really versatile product, I doubt I'll ever use up the entire jar, so I wouldn't repurchase for that reason. But if I ever did, I definately would. continued >>

on 10/18/2005 10:03:00 PM

An extremely versatile product that instantly brightens up my whole face. I have been using it on the inner corners of my eyes, on my browbone, and on my cheeks mixed w/blush. I will never be without this!

on 10/6/2005 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I seem like the oddball out here, but i'm really not a huge fan of this pigment. I'm an asian gal with yellow/olivey skin, MMM nc30-35, vitalumiere 30 cendre, and against my skin, this just looks strange. Vanilla is a highly frosty creamy white that flashes pink and green irridescence, if i remember correctly (barely wear this now). This is however, very pretty under the browbone if used extremely lightly. Also nice to add to moisturizer or very lightly dusted over blush. There are other pigment colors i find much more wearable. WIll not repurchase.

on 9/20/2005 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Probably the most versitale product I own. Looks amazing as a highlighter on the cheeks, as a highlighter on the lips, as a highlighter or was on the eyes, I imagine if you wanted shimmery body lotion it wold be fantastic for that, the only product I can imagine needing for any highlighting needs. I have abandoned all my other pale shimmery eyeshadows for this as this blends with ANY color at all due to the flashes of both pink(perfect for cool toned looks) and gold(for warm toned colors). I was super skeptical at first, thinking a shimmery white loose powder can't be all *that* fabulous, but it is, and I can no longer imagine my stash without it.

on 9/20/2005 7:18:00 PM

This is my first pigment, and I'm so glad I bought it. It's so versatile and fun to play with! On my light, warm-toned skin, this shows up as a shimmery ivory champagne with gold (I don't see pink at all). Like others have said, it would be helpful to have a shaker-top of some kind - I'm always terrified of knocking the entire jar into the sink and losing it. It's less frosty than I'd imagined it to be; I tried on "Frost" when I bought Vanilla, and it was much frostier, with actual glitter that got all over my face. I bought BE's Nude Beach the same day I got my Vanilla pigment, and they're very similar colors, except Vanilla flashes gold and NB is more beige and complex. I would recommend this pigment to everyone - I think it's great as a wash, highlighter, and to blend and lighten other colors. If I ran out, I'd repurchase, though I don't think I could ever use it all up.