MAC Pigment in Vanilla

4.7

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this almost daily as an under brow highighter.

this color is a staple! works great as a overall wash on the lids, highligther for the browbone, awesome for small accents like the corner of the eyes. blends evenly & looks awesome paired w/ other pigments or eyeshadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is beautiful as an eyeshadow base, a highligher for the corner of the eyes and under the brow bone, and lots of other uses. Its an off white with shimmer and shine. It can also be mixed with pigments to lighten them. MAC doesn't have many light pigment shades, so this is essential. The only downfall is it has an ever so slight gold undertone, and sometimes it can ever so slightly clash with my cool PPP skin tone, so sometimes I prefer to use Frost.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had this in a trial size, and I turned my best friend onto this pigment also. It's incredibly versatile. Great for blending other shadows and as a wash/highlight for the browbone, with a slight hint of iridescence, but not overdone. Beautiful. I could see it added to cheeks as a highlight, body lotion, nails, hair, eyes. I purchased a full size myself. This and Naked are total useful and blendable pigments for everyday use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE the color, and don't have any problem with application......but I would DEFINITELY up this to 5 lippies if I could learn how to make it NOT crease so quickly when I use it on my lids...EDIT12/30/06: Well, found out how to avoid the creasing (I use Lumene eye-makeup base)! So true to my word, I have awarded it with an extra lippie! (Besides, Vanilla makes such a great highlighter, I don't know why I was ever so mean by taking away that extra lippie.) continued >>

So versatile and easy to combine with other e/s, Vanilla is my must-have pigment. Of course, you can use it on it's own or on the cheeks as a highlighter, but try to mix it with a gloss... it works amazingly well! Couldn't live w/out.

They should call this "French Vanilla," because although it looks pretty in the jar, when I apply it it looks like that fake yellow color of grocery store brand French vanilla ice cream. I'm sure this shows up beautifully on some people but on me it's a sickly yellow.

Ugh, this looks hideous on me! I don't know what everyone sees in this one. I wanted to love it, like most everyone else. But to me it just looks like chalky white shimmer, with barely a hint of pink anywhere! Maybe I got a bad batch?

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

In the jar, Vanilla is a fairly ordinary shimmery cream shade. However, once applied, it's much more complex than that: golden pink shimmer. The texture is very finely milled and the color stays true on my oily lids. The only thing I dislike about this is the packaging. It's comes in a black jar, but the jar doesn't have a sifter. It costs $18.50 for 7.5 g/0.26 oz. I wouldn't buy the full-size, but I definitely repurchase samples of it. continued >>

Vanilla is one of those basic colors (a cream color with pink iridescence) that every pigment fan should have. You can use it by itself as a sheer lid wash, you can pack it on for a slightly more dramatic look, you can mix it with cool colors (I often combine it with Clear Sky Blue pigment) or mix it with warm colors, use it as a hilighter...it can pretty much work for everyone.

If you're used to pressed shadow, pigments can take a little time to get used to. It's very easy to find samples, however, so if you're curious swap for one or two.

Top Rated Eye Shadow