October 26, 2014 | 1593 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 2:31:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Of all the sunscreens I've tried, and I've tried them all (cheap to expensive), this one causes my combo acne-prone skin the least amount of problems. This sunscreen is lighter weight than most and doesn't feel like a slick, oily mask when I put it on every, single solitary morning. I find that in I can forgo moisturizer in warmer months as this will do double duty. While this is certainly drier than most sunscreens, the finish is not perfectly matte; I just don't think that's possible with any sunscreen at this point. I find that this also doesn't kick up a lot of oil on my skin later in the day. I'm on my 5th or 6th bottle at this point and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2005 6:12:00 PM More reviews by iluvshuz

This is a terrific sunscreen. I tried it because I ran out of my ($25.00 dermatologist recommended brand) This product I actually like better. It is not sticky or greasy. Very light. Nice scent. And cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by simmygirl

I really love this product, it leaves your skin matte, though moisturised. I don't even apply a moisturizer anymore. After washing my face in the morning I apply the sunscreen and then I apply my make and my make up will last all day!! This stuff is really great ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2005 9:35:00 AM More reviews by danielle45

This is the only sunscreen that I use on my face and the only one that doesn't make my face an oil slick by midday! I'm on my 5th tube, it goes on moist but within a minute or so drys down to a soft powdery finish with just a touch of moisture that helps to set my powder foundation. Can't imagine using any other brand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I'm like the reviewer below--it's so hard for me to find a sunblock I don't mind having on my face--and this stuff is as good as I've been able to find so far. I'm taking one lippie off, however, because even though it doesn't make my face FEEL greasy, it sure does make it LOOK greasy (as all sunblocks do). This is the best I've found yet, but it's still uncomfortable enough to make me neglect to wear it more often.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2005 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jpainter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG facial sunblock. I have very oily, acne-prone skin and--even though I KNOW how important it is--I've had a really hard time finding a sunblock that didn't feel like a layer of grease on my face and totally interfere with my makeup application. This one DOESN'T! I apply it (a generous amount!) and within a minute it sinks in and feels like "nothing" on my face! Makeup application afterwards is a breeze. It does what it's supposed to do and I forget that I have it on. What more can I ask from a sunblock?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2005 8:56:00 PM More reviews by milkandkisses

At first I thought it was a great sunblock for my blemish-prone skin because it does go on smooth and matte. However, I find that after I use it for 3 or 4 days, I break out in small bumps on my cheeks.
The search goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2005 1:43:00 PM More reviews by AlisonPJ

I actually enjoy putting this on my face, I think because I like the feeling that I am protecting my skin and also because it really does leave a truly matte finish. On the skincare board there is a lot of concern over photostability of sunscreens, but rhf925's comment below is comforting. I think I might like to try a sunscreen that is known to be photostable after I use this one up, but for now I really like this a lot and figure that it's better than nothing (which is what I used before!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I love it. I have the worst oily Tzone nothing can control and this made my skin fresh and shine free til midnight. A keeper just for the mattifying benefits, will keep updating if it breaks me out. EDIT: Ok this has broken me out a little bit, but it could be hormones and the fact that my skin was so Matte and beautiful i washed my face less. Anyhow I will still keep using it cuz its the best i have found. EDIT: This broke me out after continued usage so I am more sparing with it. But I still have not found anything better so I am keeping the 5 rating here.

UPDATE: I found much better sunscreens out there. I no longer use any Neutrogena products. Most things they make have a long, long list of chemicals. The healthy image is only marketing. Move to a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2005 8:03:00 PM More reviews by StephRexy

This is my favorite sun block! Usually putting on sun block is like putting melted butter on my face. But this stuff doesn't go on greasy, it goes on dry and sheer, like the bottle says. This was great for soccer camp, even though all the girls laughed at me, sorry I don't want to be all wrinkley and pruney when I'm older and I don't want to have skin cancer either. I'll be the one laughing at them when they're 30 and have wrinkles and look weather beatin'. Anyways, this sunscreen is great, and it doesn't break my sensitive skin out. Fantastic!