Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 10/29/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really disappointed in the soap. This is a case where my memory failed me and I was swayed by marketing. I really thought I remembered this being moisturizing and since it SAYS it has all this moisturizer in it... So, disappointing. This soap doesn't feel moisturizing at all. Perhaps it's just because I'm used to more expensive soaps now? I really wanted to like this because I'm tired of paying $8 or so for one bar of soap. Unfortunately this soap is the bare minimum of what I would put on my skin. The smell is nice though. I marked that I would buy it again because if I am stuck somewhere with no soap and only a supermarket to buy it at, then this is what I would buy.

on 10/26/2009 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG soap bar, and I will be a user for life. I enjoy using my fun shower gels, but sometimes they don't clean me as well as the bar soap does, especially after I exercise and I'm all sweaty. This soap is a great cleanser that you can even use on your face in a pinch. It doesn't bother my eczema, which is extremely bad in the winter. It rinses clean and has a very clean smell that is only Dove. I would recommend this to anybody.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I`m usually a shower gel kinda girl but if I had to use a bar, I would definitely wanna use the dove beauty bars. It`s moisturizing and also gives you that clean and fresh feeling.

on 10/15/2009 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is the best soap I have ever used and I used a lot. I don't use this one on my body or on my face. Just to wash my hands ...
I preffer Dove Shower Gels instead of the soaps just because they are more practical. Anyway...back to the point!
I have been using this one for such a long time and it seems that I wil never be tired of it. I always come back to Dove, because, in my opinion, no soap out there doesa better job when it comes to hydration. My hands are really soft after washing them with this so I would definitely buy it again and again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I have been using this soap since I was a little girl - by default. My brother has extra sensitive skin and our pediatrician told my mom that she should have him use this, and this is what she bought us while we were growing up. And since it's what I know, I've just kept on buying it. Perhaps the 4 lippies I give it is due to nostalgia and brand loyalty rather than the product itself. If I could give it 3.5 lippies, then I would.

Now, I have tried other bar soaps and can honestly say that this stuff doesn't leave my skin dry, itchy, squeeky, or tight feeling. That's a plus for me. It has a very mild scent - it may bother some, me, not so much. I mean, what can I say? It's bar soap (!) that I think is better than most of the mainstream stuff out there. I like it. I'm not a fan of liquid body soap, and I like the price. It's affordable. I'll continue to use it. It cleans great and it's gentle, so why not?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I only use this on my body, NOT on my face

on 10/6/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Seems like no matter how often I stray away from this product, I always come back to Dove Beauty Bar. I love the soft feeling it gives my skin and that classy smell. I love the original better than the other Dove Bars out there. Very pure and simple. I need to stock up on this more often.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I can use this on my body just fine as long as I follow with a good body cream and/or oil. It smells good, like clean and roses, albeit a pretty grandmotherly smell to me since it's what my grandmother used when I was little. On the other hand, if I use it on my face my skin FREAKS and I break out like crazy. The bar seems to last a long time. My boyfriend uses this, which is sort of an odd scent-sation at times, but whatever works...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is actually, the only soap I can use, because all other soaps irritate my skin and leave me itchy. I have very sensitive skin, so anything with lots of fragrance, or dyes make my skin itch. I love this product and I always come back to it, because I know no other product agrees with my skin like this one does.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

one over my go to soaps because it never dries out my skin and it has a mild scent. my fAV body soap!

on 9/3/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I can't believe it's taken me so long to review this product. I've been using this for about 10 years (after switching from Ivory). It never leaves a film on my skin, it smells so lovely, and I feel clean - never tight. All of the fancy body washes are just a waste of time. I just wish they would make this bar in a lavender scent. Now that would be heavenly...