September 23, 2014 | 1850 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by specialkalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't get any redness or pimples from using this foundation. I don't love it or hate it, it's just ok. I mean, it does what it needs to. I usually mix two drops of NC40 with a skin brightening moisturizer to make my own tinted moisturizer. That gives rather light coverage. Then if I have other redness around my nose or cheeks still, I go over that with a Bobbi Brown foundation stick, and powder. I use it because I bought it- and will continue to use it until it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2006 6:59:00 AM More reviews by noor84

I thought this foundation was excellent. The color blends very well into your skin and leaves it looking flawless!. It does provide heavy/full coverage if you put more than one layer. My skin is acne-prone and senstive , however this did not break me out at all. ref.Nc42

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Lucrecia

This is a lower than average water-based foundation. The colour selection is good like all MAC foundations. This doesn't cover the pores and highlights all the flakes. It also oxidises a little bit as well. If this were a drugstore foundation, I would have given 2 but since this is moderately expensive I only give a 1.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by hazyidleeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

recently i've been noticing more blemishes and imperfections to my skin and so i decided i needed to try some foundations. i have medium asian-toned skin so i had a hard time at the drug store finding the right color (the majority of shades are pink toned and less yellow toned) so i decided to take a trip to macy's and find a match. the ma matched me up with nc40 which was a perfect match and i was so happy that i purchased that as well as the studio fix powder in c3 and studio finish concealer in nw25.

however, as i took off the makeup with the alcohol towelettes, my face started burning..and ever since then when i tried the makeup on at home i would get that same burning sensation and noticed eczema-like flakiness, bumpiness and redness all over my face. i purchased last thursday and my face is still recovering from this :(

i was so sad because the colors were so dead on but i think i'm allergic to something in the makeup. i have been looking into physician's formula mineral powder foundation and will let you know how that goes :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by diducdakitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a foundation from MAC. the sales man chose this for me. the coverage was VERY nice and it made me look FLAWLESS. HOWEVER, i wore it today and when i took it off with cleanser, my face was all red and my pimples were HUGE. [my pimples haven't ever gone that big in a long time] so i just returned it today.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Natcool

I was having troubles, or what i thought were troubles with my Studio Tech foundation, and becuase of the great return policy, i exchanged my foundation for the Select SPF 15. Originally i wanted the Studio Fix Liquid foundation, but the MA said it would be too dark on my skin. So she suggested the Select SPF. In the store it look alright, it didn't seem to give as much of coverage as the Tech did, but i decided to go ahead and exchaknge it. What a mistake. After walking around for a while i realised that in the mirror i look totally darker. I asked my mother if she thought it looked darker, but she said it didn't. When i was in our car, i looked in the mirror and realised the foundation was orange. It didn't match my skin at all. I put some foundation on the inside of my arm and it was bright orange. I then realised the MA gave me NW 20, when with Tech i was a NW 15. We went back and i got the NW 15, and got a refund for the Nw 20. Now it is the morning after and it stills looks bad as ever. It is orange and thick, it dosen't dry and wipes off way to easily. I will not buy this product again. I will go back with the Studio Tech.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 1:50:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

My Skin Type: Fairly Dry, Sensitive, Not too acne prone.

I bought this product earlier this week because I was looking for a foundation that would even out my skin. The MA put it on my skin..and I liked the natural look of it...UNTIL later that night. My face was itchy and really dry from this product. However, MAC has a wonderful return policy...which allowed me to return it. I ended up exchanging it for MAC's Moistureblend Creme compact. I really love that product a LOT more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2006 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Sophieh84

Now foundation is one of those products I tell people they shouldn’t scrimp on and if you’ve got bad skin like I have, you should definitely invest in a good quality foundation. The theory goes that if you apply a good base well, the rest of your face will look great, but if you apply a lower quality base, the rest of your make up will not do as well. This foundation is great, it looks natural but gives me good coverage as well, it leaves my skin tone more even and feels soft to the touch. It lasts all day while I’m at work and when reapplied for the evening still looks fresh (even if I don’t feel it!) after 5 hours of partying! And now when you buy it, you are offered the option of having an attachable pump for easier application, which I would definitely recommend you buy as it’s easier to control the amount you apply to your face (one squirt is enough for me), the bottle lasts longer (a good three months, depending on how often you apply, I use it everyday and twice on weekends, so a lot!) and with the added bonus of SPF 15 protection, you’re skin will thank you for buy this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2006 1:30:00 PM More reviews by aizacity

I switched to this liquid foundation from Studio Fix and I ended up sorry. I got this because of the SPF, but it sucks. It says Sheer to Medium coverage, but it really is just Sheer and I need Medium. Also, it gave me those tiny little bumps around my chin as a sign that it's not good for my skin. I returned it 2 weeks after.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 7:18:00 AM More reviews by dipa87

I was initially scared off using this product due to all the bad reviews on MUA. But i purchased it last week and i am so happy with it! I bought this in NW30 and i love it. I set it with Bobbi Brown loose powder and i dont have to touch up all day. And my skin is very oily, so although it didnt stay matte all day, it was still quite good at controlling oil. Will definitely repurchase.