November 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by flowersfromaghost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, it went on well and felt nice on my skin. It stayed pretty well for having oily skin but unfortunately it broke me out. I have tried other foundation from different brands and this is the first one that has caused acne. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ivygreene2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this foundation for about five months now. I really like it and I'd definitely repurchase.
It is thick and dense but also still light. This means it actually can't spill or leak or anything which is so convenient.
When it's going on, it's smooth and kind of like a really thick creamy texture. The smell is okay, I don't really notice it. If I use a primer, it still looks like I just put it on about 7 hours later, if not it still stays on very well.
The jar packaging is really attractive and stylish and you can't really knock it over or accidentally pump out a ton of product. However it's impractical and unhygienic.
I bought Ivory but it was too light on me so I also got Buff which is a bit too dark on me. I usually mix the two together which creates a good shade for my neutral skin. I'd loooove something in between Buff and Ivory...
I can tell when I am wearing this and my face does feel a bit weighed down if I want a fair bit of coverage that day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First off, the creme comes in a large, weighty glass container carrying 0.8 fluid ounces with an open pot design. It's not the greatest in terms of hygiene since it requires re-dipping fingers/brushes so it's very important to wash your brushes each time before application each time. Overall, I still think it looks quite classy for being around $12 at Target.

The texture in the pot itself is an almost springy/fluffy cream which looks liquid but feels more like a mousse-hybrid product. If I turn the pot upside down it doesn't come dripping out so there's a definite density to it. One great thing about it is it's quite foundation-newbie friendly since you literally take a bit on your fingertips and blend it into the skin where you need it and it doesn't require expert blending skills to look nice. So for those who don't have a foundation brush, or prefer not to use one- you fingers will be just fine!

I would consider this creme very good high coverage- but the thickness of the foundation makes it prone to looking cakey when too much is applied. I recommend starting with less than you think you need and building up only in areas that need more coverage. I have uneven skin tone and a few large pores and I can get away with skipping concealer and powder with this foundation so it's wonderful for lazy days or for students, and is actually really awesome for those with oily skin even though it's a "cream" foundation formula. I also find that it looks way better after an hour post-application since it settles into the skin and looks very natural. This natural look lasts throughout the day without looking patchy or breaking down.

One very notable downside to this product is that it doesn't look great in film or photography and gives an obvious white cast. I wore this foundation to a family reunion, where there were MANY pictures being taken, and you can see this cast in pictures close up. It actually looks much nicer in real life though, especially after the "settling" period I mentioned earlier!

Overall, I think this is a nice, affordable option for those who love the texture of cream concealers but want the all-over coverage of a foundation. Most of you new to foundation should be pretty happy trying this out for the first time, but foundation experts who are on camera often may want a higher-end pick for important face time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never would have expected when I bought this that it would become my absolute #1 favourite, special occasion, have-to-look-my-very-best foundation. I've had this for a long time, and I have come to adore it.

I think I'm so taken by this foundation because of how incredibly smoothly and flawlessly it blends over the skin- it kind of has that smooth silky texture of a primer. I generally use this without a primer first because of that.

I know some people have issues with colour matching, but I haven't had any problems. Sand Beige works well on my skin (for reference, I'm around an NC20, "Sand" in Estee Lauder Double Wear). I haven't noticed any oxidization either, and I'm oily skinned.

It stays true to what you expect from the 'Colorstay' line, in that it is wonderfully longwearing. I think where it parts from the original colorstay is that it blends so much more easily. I think Combo, oily, and dry skins could all use this foundation without issue. Photographs beautifully, too!

Not wild about the packaging. It's a fancy looking and weighty glass jar- very chic, but impractical to easily and hygenically get at the product. I would also say that if you hear the word 'whipped' and are expecting a light, whipped cream type product, you're mistaken- to me, it's more like chocolate pudding.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by deadscream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

To start off, color matching was tough for this product. The closest shade I found for my skin tone was Natural Tan (370). I've used the shade Early Tan (400) but I realized that it's a bit dark on me and it has more of a neutral undertone. My shade is around NC40 in MAC, and W6 in Loreal True Match. I used to think that I match well with Revlon Colorstay liquid in Golden Caramel, but it's actually a bit dark on me.

I noticed that if I put sunscreen (Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion, SPF 30) before I put on the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation, the finish looks unnatural and I get oilier faster. This foundation looks great and lasts longer if I don't use my sunscreen. I still use a primer before applying this foundation because I have huge pores. I don't trust foundations to hide my pores, so I always use a primer. The finish starts out semi-matte, but as the day goes on, it blends onto your skin so it looks more natural.

Compared to the liquid Colorstay, the Colorstay whipped does not feel as heavy on the skin. The coverage for the whipped foundation is medium. I still need concealer for acne marks. If you need more coverage, you have to use a concealer. I can't compare this to the liquid colorstay because I've heard that the formulation for the liquid colorstay changed for the worse.

I'd say this is one of the best drugstore foundations out there. I recommend this foundation because I like the semi-matte / natural finish and it lasts all day, but look for swatches before you buy it because the color you'll see outside the glass jar is lighter than what it really is inside. And make sure to buy it at a store that accepts open returns or exchanges.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by GeriTaitague

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. The only thing i dont really like is the packaging, which made it hard to see the color. I bought a shade too light and a shade a bit dark. so i end up mixing it. lol theres some days where i add too much of the light or too much of the dark. so im waiting to run out before i buy a new one. This product didnt break me out, looks great with or without a primer. I love this more than my highend foundations

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great, easy to blend, natural feeling, love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this when first got it. I tried it out several times with my fingers, the Sigma F80, and the Mac 187. It looked flat-out awful every way I tried it. I put it in my MU junk drawer and forgot about it. Then I read several reviews here at MUA that said this worked better with a sponge than anything else. So I got it out, dampened a sponge and applied it. wow! I love it now! It looks so natural, full coverage with two layers, not cake-y, just perfect for me. I am MUFE HD #118 and I bought Revlon Whipped in #200 Sand Beige and it blends to match me perfectly.I definitely recommend this to anyone with oily/combination skin. Just get a good color match and try this with a sponge...ANY sponge. I use those generic makeup sponge wedges & they work great with this for me. :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I loved everything about this foundation....but it makes me break out.

If you're an oily girl without acne, please give this a try. I would make this my HG foundation if it didn't give me acne =(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Megs312

This is my new favorite foundation. I have acne prone skin and was skeptical at first after hearing horror stories. BUT a little goes a long way! I put a dot on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and use an angled flat top brush to blend and it covers everything without getting cakey. I wear makeup from about 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and it lasts all day with no touch ups. The packaging could use some work and I bought It for around $11 from Target, which is a little pricey but not bad and well worth it. I have had no breakouts (clean your brushes though, ALWAYS) and am incredibly happy with this product. I always swore I'd stick with the regular liquid Color Stay but not after using this!