July 23, 2014 | 1871 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disregard that awful 2-worded review I had. First my skin type is Combination to Dry skin, and somewhat acne-prone but it did not break me out. Let's talk about this great foundation in an organized way lol. LASTING POWER: Some days I use this in school and I'm in school for 8 hours, and there is no air conditioning of course and it can get pretty hot and humid but this foundation manages to last almost 8 full hours. Maybe it won't look *exactly the way I applied it in the morning but it does not leave creases, weird patches, fine lines, etc. CONSISTENCY: this foundation has an odd consistency which isn't really a bad thing. It's like a velvety smooth feeling, it somewhat like that Jett puff marshmallow stuff you get at Walmart, if that makes sense? BLEND-ABILITY: It is rather easy to blend and build this foundation, the way I put it on is with my fingers (of course after washing my hands) COVERAGE: straight out, medium to full. FINISH: dewy to matte. I definitely would recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by candaceb3

This foundation is way overrated to me. Honestly, this foundation is one of the worst i've used. I like the original liquid colorstay much better. The whipped formula sticks weirdly to my drier patches on my face, it comes off so easily, so don't accidentally rest your hand on your face, because you will see your skin through the foundation. Also, this has very poor coverage-it IS build-able, but who wants to take the extra time to layer on more product? I don't. My recommendation for people with combo skin- buy the original formula. It might work better for people with normal skin with no dry patches and no oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

This is my HG foundation. I have previously tried the orignal colorstay foudnaiton, but that always gave me a slight gray tint, and I'm not a hude fan of that. I also didn't like how heavy it felt on my skin. It didn't really make me break out, but after using it for so long it didn't allow my pores to breathe and so I could tell my skin wasn't 100%. This whipped formula however, does wonders for my skin. My skin is extremely dry when I first put makeup on in the morning, but then it sort of flips a switch on me and it turns oily. When I first apply this, it doesn't cling to any of my dry patches, and then it keeps my oil under control all day! My average day with makeup on starts around 6:15, and then ends around 2:30. But I was in the school show and our rehearsal would go to 7:30 so that's a 13+ hour day for me, and this foundation still looked great! Ina ddition to the school show, I had another rehearsal with another orchestra, which went until 9:30 so that's a 16+ hour day when you account for the travel time and such. Their 24 hour claim I would say is pretty accurate, though I wouldn't say it looks perfect for 24 hours, but it definitely does last that long. It's true what people say, it really does look better the longer you wear it. But even this claim does have its limits. This foundation looks its best on me at about the 9th hour, after that it starts to show some oil and I have to powder my face. They also have a great color selection! I am able to have summer and winter shade, and also an in between shade! Some may say that it's just easier to mix the two colors for that in between time, but I like the fact that Revlon has provided enough colors that you can have a variety. I an Asian, so the undertones really work with my skintone. Overall, this is truly my HG and it will be a battle to find a foundation that I will ever love more than I love this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so creamy!! All last summer this is all that was used on my face! The only problem is when I don't tan the light shade is too dark for me sadly! I'm so happy I ln getting some color back so I can use it! It covers very well I get tons of freckles being outside in the sun and I have bad under eye circles but this baby does the trick!! No doubt! Try this out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

I have rosacea and some acne. My skin is always blotchy red and has dry patches. I try to look for foundations with full coverage that won't emphasize my dry skin.

This product is wonderful as far as coverage. I bought shade 250, medium beige. It goes on smoothly and covers eeeevery flaw. Make sure to blend it in or it can look a little cakey around your nose and eyebrow area. A little of this product also goes a long way.

One downside is that sadly, like many "whipped" foundations, they can emphasize dry spots. So I try to only use this foundation when my skin is not particularly dry or just after moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by j99li

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 150 buff with the combination/oily formula. (I am NC15/20) This is one of the only foundations I've tried that doesn't make me look shiny as the day goes on!

I love using this with a brush or a beauty blender.

The packaging is not the greatest as it is in a jar so it could get unsanitary. I always make sure to wash my hands before I dip into the jar. It is also difficult to determine what shade you're in because the jar is made out of such thick glass that it is hard to compare it against your skintone!

I got lucky when I purchased mine but I definitely recommend doing your research before buying it. Some of even the darker colors look pretty pale through the thick glass.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this product and I would definitely repurchase it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin with occasional dry patches on my chin and around my mouth due to Retin-A use. I like both of the Colorstay liquid formulas. My friend uses the Whipped, loves it, and it looks amazing on her. I bought it hoping that it would work as well for me as it does for her. It didn't.
I am NC-30 and bought Medium Beige, which was a good color match. I found it difficult to apply with my foundation brush. It applied thick, and it began to dry before I was able to spread it onto my skin and blend it. I tried my Beautyblender, and application was slightly better. I used my fingers and had troubles spreading and blending.
I am 35 and have very fine lines beneath my eyes and little to no wrinkling of my skin. My main problem with this foundation wasn't the blending issues, but the fact that it made me look ten years older. It seemed to settle in every fine line and emphasize every pore. I noticed "cracking" on my smile lines and had to keep blending/smoothing the crack with my finger throughout the day. I have never had issues like this with any other foundation I have used.
Also, any dryness was emphasized.
As for the packaging, right when I realized it really wasn't working and decided to toss it, I dropped it on the bathroom floor. It is a heavy glass jar, and the jar shattered. Basically the heavy bottom broke off (luckily the foundation didn't spill everywhere) into a few large pieces and several sharp shards.
I would not re-purchase this foundation. It just couldn't get it to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Theory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the shade warm golden, i have yellow undertones and this shade works well.

I was going to give a negative review based on not being able to apply the foundation well. The product blends better when warm. Use after a shower or use a blow dryer to warm up the product. I use a traditional foundation blush to apply, then use fingers to blend out areas that need blending out. I find this foundation looks better a few hours after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim and at the time, I didn't hear a peep about this foundation. I am glad I made my own conclusions about it. First, I am an NC 20 and 150 buff was too light and gave my skin a grey hue, so I went to the 200 level. Very strange as I am always in the 100 levels, but it is a good match. The texture as it suggests is whipped and is smooth like butter. This makes my skin look flawless and as the day passes, it actually looks better. I have normal skin during the winter and combo-oily in the summer. I find my skin does not become a slick.
The coverage is medium and the finish is a slight satin.
My issue is that the cover's threads have broken and I cannot close it properly. Other than that, lovely foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by kasabourin

I saw this when it first came out and needed to buy new foundation so I bought this one. I usually wear just the regular colorstay liquid foundation. The coverage is equally the same but this one has way better packaging. Much less messy, you can just dip into the pot rather than having to pour out the liquid out of the bottle. The product feels nice too.