April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup has become one of my top ten most favorite foundations ever. For less than $13 at drugstores I get a product that delivers extraordinary results.
I wear this foundation for at least 13 hours straight, and by the time I’m close to clocking out from work – my eyes blood shot from fatigue and lack of sleep, my lipstick long gone – I still get compliments on how well my “face” stays put all night long!
I’m not allergic to any of its ingredients, thank goodness!

This is a medium to full coverage foundation but it doesn’t fell heavy or plastered on my face. In fact, I feel it leaves a dewy finish (not greasy, just a natural looking glow). At my age I get dry patches in some spots of my face while my T-zone gets oily and cranky often, this foundation works very well with these issues typical of my aging skin. Since it comes in a jar I dip a foundation brush into the product, dot it around my face, then work it into my skin with my fingers (I prefer to use my fingers or a beauty blender to apply foundation and rarely use brushes).

I will purchase this foundation again and again I am sure. I would recommend it to anyone.
Thanks for reading my reviews and have fun with makeup! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by fdl56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this - the texture is nice and the coverage is pretty good. But no matter how I tried to blend, it looked blotchy and cakey on me. Maybe it doesn't suit my skin...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This is a very nice foundation for the drugstore price. The color selection is good, and the staying power is basically unbeatable. A little goes a long way with this product, and I really like the little jar it comes in (even though it's not very sanitary). My only complaint - if I have any dry spots on my face, this foundation will focus in on them making me look a bit cakey..that being said, if you use a really nice moisturizer and primer before applying, you shouldn't have this problem.

I recommend for oily and combination skin types!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by geekybabe91

I really like the formula overall. Coverage is great, staying power is great. But the only problem I have it that at the middle of my day, my skin is very itchy and tight and uncomfortable. I believe I am allergic to an ingredient, so because of that I use this product on "special occasions" (dates, concerts, photoshoots, ect.)

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a medium to full coverage foundation. This foundation is not for the faint of heart!! It is medium to build able full coverage!! You will feel it on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Krisssy10

I usually swear by ELDW but recently it hasn't had the same staying power. So, I borrowed my sister's Revlon Colorstay whipped foundation in True Beige and hated it. However, I gave it another shot and used it on top of my ELDW for added coverage. Best result ever. My face was flawless even at the end of the day. I used Revlon True Beige with ELDW 3N1 Ivory Beige. This produces a medium/dark tan colour, on the orange/pink side, great for pink undertones. My only complaint is the shocking packaging! I hate the tub! For reference to MAC users, I used to use MAC NW20, however Revlon & ELDW combined produce one shade darker than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this just might be my HF of foundations!!!
I've been MMU obsessed for years, but as my skin's gotten older, it tends to look dry on me and I feel like I don't have that fresh, dewy look anymore. So I figured I'd give this a go.
I use a makeup spatula to scoop a dime sized amount onto the back of my hand so it will warm to skin temp, then I dab at it with a foundation brush and lightly stroke it on my face--concentrating on the areas that need more coverage.
It goes on like a dream, covers very nicely and is the first thing I've ever used that actually doesn't accentuate pores!
I set mine with a little ELF HD powder just because I have some and want to use it up.lol But it really does help make this foundation look seamless and perfect. My skin looks dewy, fresh and moist without being greasy or sliding all over the place.
After a long day at work, my foundation looks as fresh as it did in the am--in fact it looks more like my own skin now without any trace of makeup slippage.
The price seems steep for a drugstore foundation, BUT you can use so very little it will last practically forever!!
I'm anxious to see how it works when spring gets here and the weather gets warm...For a cold-weather foundation, it's perfect--hopefully it will stay that way into spring and summer too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Kiana16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off I hate the packaging. I usually only like pumps, however because this is whipped, I guess they couldn't put it into a pump container. I have bought this foundation twice so far and both time the lid broke so that it doesn't close anymore. So I just have to place the lid on top in hopes that it won't come off in my bag and make a mess. So the packaging sucks. The actually product...I love the consistency. I think whipped is the best consistency out there for foundation. The coverage I would say is medium. It definitely is buildable but honestly when I build it on, I feel like it just looks worse. Like it looks dirty. Also this appears white in pictures just like all other foundations that I've tried so that doesn't really bring down the rating for me. All in all, it doesn't make me oilier than usually or really break me out. It lasts all day but you would need to touch up if you touch your face a lot. Also it transfers very easily which always sucks but I have yet to find one that doesn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product. I am Mac NC20 and Buff matched me very well.

Unfortunately, as soon as I put this on my face, it started to feel really dry and itchy. I had terrible flaking and dry patched on my forehead, my temples and on my cheeks. I broke out horribly by my eyebrows and around my mouth and chin.

I loved the texture and the color. I was really put off that the packaging made it look like there was more product than there really was.

After this experience with this and Cover Girl's foundation, I have to stay with the HE foundations, none of the more expensive brands (Shiseido, Clinique, MAC, etc) ever made my skin react like this. I thought I could save some money, but with all the measures I've had to take to fix my face after this bad reaction, it was not worth the "savings." I won't ever by drugstore foundation ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite drugstore foundations. I used to always reach for my original colorstay but now it sits in the back of my drawer. I have to mix Ivory and Buff (NC15). I apply this with my F80 or Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. The price isn't bad because of the quality of this for it being drugstore. The coverage is amazing and the lasting power is great! I have makeup on for at least 12 hrs everyday and work in a fast paced retail store so I have no time for touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Ta2dqt21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My new HG foundation, hands down. It works so fantastically well for me, and believe me, I am picky. The formula goes on wonderfully creamy (much easier with a quality foundation brush), dries fairly quickly to a matte finish, sets well with a finishing powder, and lasts, quite literally, the entire day. The color selection is quite lovely, with a shade for absolutely everyone. The jar itself is fairly sturdy, and does withstand the occasional tumble. Make sure that you have a decent makeup remover, because this formula, much similar to the liquid version, is a handful to take off. If you don't mind the extra effort, this foundation rivals many of the higher-end brands, for a fraction of the cost.