Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/24/2013 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

To start some people might like short reviews to get to the point,and others like detailed for more info before they purchase... mine will be more detailed for this product!

This is really a good foundation, especially for the price! For some people it might seem more expensive if you are used to buying drugstore products, but if your in between high-end and drug store like myself, it is a good price range. $10-$14 a jar.

Now for the actual make-up. The consistency seems like it would be thick because it does not budge in the jar! And even when you scoop it out it seems thicker, but on your skin it does not feel thick at all! I think that's what I love most, it feels nice & light on my skin BUT still covers wonderfully. I am one who likes medium coverage, mainly for some uneven skin-tone and some redness my skin has, but all light coverage foundation never seems to really cover that! So I've been on the search for a great foundation with decent coverage that doesn't feel heavy. So this would be more medium to full coverage I would say. Full if you layer it, medium with just one application. You could get this light I believe with mixing it with a moisturizer I'm sure.

I am combo - dry skin (I live in desert climate is the main reason for dryness I believe)and I heard this might settle onto dry patches but I haven't notice that at all. What I also love about this foundation is I literally never have to re apply it and it does not make me oily or break me out!

I have somewhat sensitive skin and the minute I tried MAC foundation sample I got all these little red bumps that itched! I wanted to itch my face off. So this foundation does not bug my skin at all. It literally lasts all day; I mean for some girls maybe too long. I don't usually need too long just enough to last at normal work day and errands after. I've noticed though if I put too much on it is hard to get off at night! Which some girls might like for going out, some girls might not if they just want it off right away. Once again I'm in between so I can deal with it, but it would be nice if it came off easier. It never says its waterproof but it could be! I think because unless you are actually washing your face it doesn't fully come off.

I was using Laura's Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation before this which was my first expensive foundation, and was in love with the smoothness and coverage of it..and that was about it. After a couple hours it would be so oily, and wouldn't even last a full 8 hours at work, just sitting at my desk!( and reminder I am combo to dry skin not oily) It drove me nuts; this foundation though I literally don't even have to blot throughout the day. Maybe a random day if I'm sweating I might; maybe oilier types might have to once a day but that's it.

I'm just happy I can spend a fraction of the cost for the same coverage but better lasting power!

The few cons:
Its a little tricky to learn how to apply the best. I use a buffing brush and apply either directly to my face and buff in AFTER moisturizing(goes on better), or put some on my hand and dab the brush in it( also after moisturizing) and brush it on. Scooping it out of the jar can be messy, I use a little metal thing I randomly had and that works to keep the jar and brushes clean.

The jar isn't the greatest, but its what works best with the consistency of the make up. It is a little deceiving because the outside makes it look like a lot is in it but its about average or a little less than average on the amount of product. I've had it about a month now and its probably half used, or a little less than half used.

And the last con is what I previously mentioned that its a little difficult to take off.

Other than that I'd recommend at least trying it and I know Ulta and places let you buy it and if you hate it return it easily.

Hope this helps those of you who like the details!

on 7/22/2013 6:59:00 PM

This is a great foundation - subtle but does its job. The coverage is medium-high. Easy to apply, it melts onto the skin and blends well too. The only downside is the packaging - though the glass jar is nice, it is heavy and unhygienic in my opinion. Overall, great product, highly recommend it.

on 7/22/2013 5:55:00 PM

Ladies, ladies ... can we get over the pump fetish already? Pumps do not work with EVERYthing. This foundation is just way too thick to work with a pump. You'll only end up with a permanently clogged pump and then there'd be no end of bitching because of that. Thick cream foundations - like this one, Laura Mercier's Cream Smooth fdt, and D&G's Whatsitcalled cream fdt., etc. - come in a jar FOR A REASON. And no, it's not because the manufacturers hate you and want to fill your life with germs (rolleye). It's because thick creams don't work well w/pumps. Try to get on with THAT program. ;)

OK, having cleared that, I have had a good experience with this fdt. Perhaps it's a bit too thick for very hot weather, but it makes a great fdt. for winter. I add a bit of translucent powder on top - as I do w/all fdts. - and it works very well. IMO, it's a good substitute for LM's Cream Smooth fdt. at a fraction of the price.

on 7/22/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i love this foundation but REVLON PLEASE GET WITH THE PROGRAM! lol we complained about the colorstay liquid not having a pump, so what do they do? put it in a jar with NO SPATULA?? blagh!

but overall i love this foundation, full natural coverage, greatish staying power, good undertones, and doesn't oxidize on me when i sweat...

would i rebuy of course.

on 7/21/2013 10:54:00 AM

Applied nicely and looked nice however after one week of use it gave me lots of pimples even though I removed the product at night. This was unusual because I never get pimples. I was really hoping this foundation would work as I payed $25. Did not have this problem with the regular colour stay.

on 7/20/2013 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

So, while I did like the product, the ingredients were less than pleasing. It lasts all day and covers amazingly (I apply it with my fingers, by the way). However, it did make me break out (I have really sensitive skin). I gave it 3 stars for the overall amazingness of the coverage and lasting ability.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Highlights: Full coverage, Smooth Application, Good Color Range, Not Heavy
I have very dry and very fair skin, the kind of fair that is too light for about 75% of drugstore foundation lines. I used the regular Revlon Colorstay for dry/normal skin for about 6 months but I wasn't happy with how it was wearing throughout the day, and I wanted more coverage. The whipped formula has been fantastic for me! It's nice and high coverage, but extremely light on the skin. I've had no problems with caking or it feeling heavy. I have had no problems with it oxidizing. I work 8 hour shifts and it lasts through without a touch-up, but I usually touch it up just by reblending it into the skin a bit with a buffing brush after work if I want it to look best for the night. I found that the original Colorstay didn't have any moisturizing effect, but this formulation does seem to be better at keeping my skin looking hydrated. DO KEEP THE PLASTIC THING that comes with it as it keeps the product in place in the container. I also love the container as it's nice and heavy and luxurious feeling. I dip the hard end of an old makeup brush into the pot to get about a pea sized amount and then put it on with my fingertips. I find that that's the best way to apply it, and using the end of a brush helps keep the product from under my nails. I do advise that you only use one pea sized amount, and for any extra coverage you need use a concealer as it seems to get sticky if you layer it.
Great product, give it a try!

on 7/19/2013 5:24:00 AM

I use this in Warm Golden which is a little darker than my skin tone but matches me with my constant fake tan. I apply it with a brush, and I find it takes a little work to get it to blend properly but once it's done it looks fantastic. It gives great coverage, but doesn't stay in place as long as Revlon would like to have us believe! It can be a little sticky once it's first applied but eventually settles into your skin and that stickiness goes away. The one major aggravation I have is the packaging. It's an unnecessary amount of glass and I can't stand jars in either make-up or skincare, as I'm hygiene conscious. As a result, I use a clean cotton bud every single time I dip into the jar so as not to germ it up. This is annoying and wasteful. To me, the consistency of the make-up is such that a pump could work easily, and would be cleaner and more travel-friendly. Currently the jar is impractical for travel anywhere. Otherwise, it's a good foundation and I'm really happy with the colour which is usually my biggest hassle in shopping for a base.

on 7/18/2013 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wear this foundation most days i have not got dry skin nor oily skin so the consistency was not a problem for me. It gives good coverage but you need a foundation brush to properly apply. A great foundation.

on 7/18/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the foundation that I've relied on all summer since it's the only one that can hold up to Quebec's hot and humid climate this time of year (not even my MUFE mat velvet + can stay last 12 hours). The only downfall to this foundation is the colour, the price and the packaging. Revlon's not big on making yellow toned foundations but you can still make it for if you buff it on well, the price is Canada for it is 17$ which I think is quite high and though the packaging is pretty it is not one that you can travel easily with. Overall I think it's a great foundation that stays put all day and looks better as the day goes by.

Popular Crème Foundations