October 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by tealady

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got Candy Apple and I love the shade. It is perfect for me. I like that this doesn't dry my lips. You do have to re-apply fairly often but I prefer that to the long wear lipsticks which really dry my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such promise. Such disappointment. I think I must be alone in not being all that wowed by these. Perhaps it's the hype ?

Anyway, I bought the "Candy Apple" shade, 7.99 (approx $12 USD) and whilst I really like the colour and the overall formulation is ok, there's a lot I'm not mad about and that puts me off buying again.

1. Staying power - Now I know this isn't a lipstick so I can't expect true 'long wear' from this, but I find the colour needs reapplication every couple of hours (that's not with a lot of drinking/eating/kissing etc). I get longer wear from normal tinted lip balm.

2. I hate the plastic, "quilted" lid. Cheap & tacky looking.

3. As another person said, there isn't much of the tube exposed under the lid so it can make gettting the lid off a little bit awkward.

4. The price - I'm a person who will happily spend big on cosmetics if they are good, but I begrudge even middle ground spend if it is wasted on something that just doesn't seem worth it and for me, this is one of those products. It should be 5.99 max, imo, closer to the USD price.

5. It's not that moisturing. I don't suffer from dry lips as a rule, but I still feel the need to wear a light layer of lip balm under this.

I'll use it up because I like the colour but I won't rebuy, which is a shame because I really wanted to love these.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Seyb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product so that I could use it for my prom makeup. I bought it in Creamsicle thinking I would get a natural, peachy color. It could have been because of the lighting of the store, but when i got home and tried it on it was nothing like the colour on the package sticker! I could achieve the same look with my regular lip balm. The colour doesn't even show up and its way too creamy and slippery for a lipstick! It may be better in other shades but overall I was pretty disappointed with this product, especially for $21 AUD. I wish I'd done my research first!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love it. I have the lollipop shade and it's GORGEOUS. It's very easy to apply, stays well, the color is very bright, it moisturizes, what more can someone wants??? I'm considering buying all the shades...And throwing out my lipsticks/glosses and other lip products.
AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Avidreader

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't written a review in years, but I had to write one regarding the Lip Butter collection!!

One poster wrote, " I am seriously considering tossing all my lipsticks".
I purchased a few and love, love,love them. I have worn Chanel, Dior, Mac...and all the best. This formula has wonderful colors,great staying power and applies smoothly!

A MUST for a lipstick novice to the addicted!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cute packaging but sometimes difficult to open due to the design (nothing much to grip onto at the end due to the coloured casing being so large). Did not stay on my lips very long so for this reason alone I will not repurchase. The Creme Brulee colour is nice enough, a pale nude neutral, but certainly nothing exceptional.

Update: I find myself reaching for this to put a sheen over my matte nudes, so I will repurchase as it works better than other products for this job. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by kimmerz4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love these like everyone else, I really did. They aren't bad, but they do the opposite of what they claim to do. They dry out my lips so bad. It's a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by amedelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are everything I have been looking for in a lip product. It's a perfect mix of balm and lipstick. I hope these never get discontinued! I have Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle. Both and perfect for my super pale skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Cupcake07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The texture is as the name suggests; buttery. It moisturizes well and I think it has an excellent colour payoff. I currently own six of these; Peach Parfait, Brown Sugar, Red Velvet, Tutti Frutti, Gumdrop and Strawberry Shortcake. They feel so good on your lips and they stay on reasonably well apart from drinking and eating. Here in Australia they are $21.95 which is a tiny bit pricey but it's so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Leesiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't rate these yet, but I've just found out that they cost $21.95 in Australia !!!!
I'm so sad :-(