BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2060 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 8/8/2014 2:12:00 PM

I've been testing this out for about a week now, because I didn't want to write a review and say its great just because of all the hype.

Anyways, this stuff is about 29$CAD which is pretty expensive for mascara. I decided to try it out because the brush was really interesting.

This stuff is long wearing, non flaking, and non smudging. Basically, it's amazing (besides the price..) The first night I wore it I (don't kill me) accidentally fell asleep with it on, when I woke up in the morning it looked like I had just put it on. It is a little annoying to remove, but an oil based makeup remover will help LOADS.

I highly recommend this stuff

on 8/8/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product because I got one of the small tube sample sizes in my christmas stocking this past winter (yup I'm 22 and Santa still comes to my parents house). I fell in love immediately. I get asked all the time "are those your real lashes??" even by guys! Haha. I naturally do have longer, fuller lashes, but this mascara really added the lift I needed. It does begin to clump (like any mascara would) if you use too much, but generally you don't need much on for it to work wonders. I'm on my way to Sephora after this review to go purchase my 4th tube of it! I have realized I do go through the tubes rather quickly, and can start to tell when the formula isn't working as good as a fresh new tube of it would.
Overall, pretty pricey, but worth it. I've tried everything. I will say I do like Smashbox's Blackout Mascara too, but BeneFit's is a wee bit more affordable.

on 8/8/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this mascara due to the hype that it's really good and makes your lashes look fuller and longer. The short story is that it does so. However due to it's high price tag when compared to other drugstore mascaras, like Avon or maxfactor mascaras, I can't say that it does wonders. It is a bit clumpy and I had other mascaras with lower price tags which delivered more or less the same results.
In all I'm really happy with it since it does look good when I apply it, but I'm not so sure I will but it again.

on 8/8/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Way too clumpy and heavy on my lashes, not easy to remove I find that using a oil base makeup remover does help, for the price over priced here in Singapore sephora, well most products are over priced! I think the maybelline the falsies mascara is better. Will not be buying this again.

on 8/7/2014 12:13:00 AM

This mascara is not clumpy and is super easy to apply. It was a little pricy but it was worth it!

on 8/6/2014 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a tube of this mascara thinking it would do wonders, but when I got it it wasn't any better than your average drug store mascara. In fact, my drugstore mascara I have now works better than this. Also, the price is very high, so I definitely would not recommend this product.

on 8/5/2014 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It does work but hate trying to take it off. Won't ever be repurchasing. Plus this was overly expensive

on 8/5/2014 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have Asian lashes. Benefit's BADgal Lash Mascara has been my go-to for years, and this product worked better for me. I prefer this mascara's texture and it goes on much smoother. However, this mascara is not life-changing. It's not "the one" and I'm still looking for THE mascara that is perfect for Asian lashes.

Pros:
This mascara makes my lashes stand out more than other mascaras I have tried. The pigment/coloring is VERY black and dramatic. The brush doesn't cause any lashes to fall out. The product is gel-based versus fibrous, and it doesn't feather.

The cons: My lashes look GREAT when I first apply the product after curling my lashes, but the curl won't hold. My lashes start drooping just a few minutes after I apply it.

This mascara can easily go on too thick, especially when using the spiked ball applicator at the end -- wipe this part of the wand before applying.

on 8/5/2014 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very, very sensitive eyes. I've recently had A LOT of bad reactions to various different types of mascaras. I've only tried this once, so this may be a bit premature, however, I haven't noticed any irritation. I received a sample size at sephora and was obviously very excited about it because everyone has been raving about it on social media. But, when I can home and applied it, it was a spectacularly average product. I'm not particularly fond of silicone/plastic brushes because on my lashes personally, they don't really add much volume at all. My lashes kind of all chunked up together, making it look like I just had 5 really thick lashes. Considering it had a silicone brush, I thought it would be better at separating my eyelashes, but it's not.

It does a decent job at lengthening, but it doesn't seem promising in the volume department. The formulation is a perfect medium between wet and dry--it doesn't take forever to dry which I like. It's very black, which I also like, but the brush is not ideal. I prefer big, fluffy, fibrous bristles because they add volume and length without being clumpy.

I won't complain about the price because like I said, I received a free sample. I would have been annoyed if I had actually purchased it because at the price it retails for, it better be beyond my expectations. I definitely will not buy be buying the full size tube.

on 8/4/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like this mascara just wish it was waterproof. It makes my lashes long and flirty looking. The price is a bit much for mascara so I only use this on special occasions.
I do need multiple coats but I love the look it gives and I have been able to achieve the same with drugstore brands as of yet.

Video Reviews & Tutorials