February 26, 2015 | 1941 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3.4(1938 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by maria91

I received this as a sample, and I must say it's quite nice. Certainly not the best I've tried, but above average. I find that when I apply it to my curled lashes it separates them and volumizes them, but it can't hold the curl, while others can. If you like this, I'd recommend Maybelline's Colossal Volume mascara, it does the same thing AND hold the curl, and at half the price!

Overall it's quite nice, but I wouldn't pay the full price for it because I think that there are equally good or even better mascaras which are cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Holly21s

I really like this mascara. It makes my lashes look longer and thicker. I've heard complaints about the packaging but I really like it, it fits in my makeup bag and that's all that matters! I find the brush quite strange as usually I'm not a fan of plastic applicators but this one is okay. It's quite prickly but nothing major. It is hard to take of but with a bit of patience it comes of with makeup remover or I find it comes of really easily in the shower, though I look like a panda when I come out! Overall a really nice product, but not the most amazing mascara I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not a fan of They're Real. Brush has short, hard plastic bristles which clump the mascara in my lashes instead of evenly coating them as mascara should. The formula flakes on me and the tube is large, bulky. I normally speak highly of Benefit products but this is an exception. Its not the worst mascara I've used but I would never spend the US $20 on this, there are drug store mascaras that perform better and are much cheaper (Maybelline full and soft, Almay one coat, Cover Girl lash blast). I wont even take it as free sample from Sephora when it's offered.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by millielowe1

I really like this mascara. It makes your lashes look so long and black, it really works well and I do get quite a few compliments about how long my lashes look. However it is quite hard to remove but isn't waterproof so it smudges quite easily on me. I do like it and would buy it again though x

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by annabellsxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like the brush of this mascara, also very hard to remove

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by princessbubblegumm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. I always get complimented on how it makes my lashes super long and full. It is a little pricey but I think it's worth it. It doesn't make my lashes clumpy. But then again I'm not the type to brush the wand on my lashes like 30 times on the same spot. Not a big fan of the balled spike at the end of the wand. It gets too much of the product but all I do is just scrape it off where the wand comes out and it's just fine to use on the inner corner of lashes or to separate bottom lashes, no biggie. I'm def going to buy this mascara again once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I actually got both tubes that I have in sets (mini that I use now for last year’s birthday free gift from Sephora, and 2nd tube from a set that had the porefessional which was the reason I got the set.)

I like the idea of the mascara, the spikey ball at the end so you can get the corners of your eye. The mascara itself is VERY average. Just like any other decent mascara I have used, gives some length and some volume. My problem is with the ball. I am never able to get my inner corner on my left eye, and outer corner on right eye with regular mascaras. However this product allows me to do that. Great right? Wrong. I find that too much product gets in the ball so it clumps! I hate clumpy lashes! I mean who does? It looks so award have clumps on the inner corner and outer corner. I will not return the product, but I will not be buying it. If it happens to be in a set a purchase then so be it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample of this stuff and it isnt bad. The ball of spikes at the end of it is a little strange. I layer this over covergirl lash blast mascara and get some definite intense lashes. They do clump a little. Im not sure I would actually go out and purchase. It's good mascara, just a tad on the expensive side when I think you could find drug store brands that work as well

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ilovedreamsandseashells

This mascara is too heavy to use on my top lashes but if I put it on my lower lashes it's amazing at defining my lower lashes to make my eyes pop! The only problem with this mascara is that it is extremely hard to remove. Overall a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Boujie88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Meh. Love the pigmentation, but it's a very heavy mascara and find it weighs my lashes down to the point where they stick straight out. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara does a better job at a fraction of the price.
I won't purchase again.