April 18, 2014 | 845 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is a Sephora "Best Seller" so I had to try it. It's not a bad mascara, but nothing to write home about either. It does an adequate job with length and thickness and that's about it. I won't be repurchasing when other, less expense options are available at the drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as one of those free birthday gift sets from Sephora and it came along with the Watts Up highlighter. My review for this mascara...it's great for lengthening but doesn't really do much for volumizing. Is it smudge free? I've had it on since 3 pm and its now almost 7pm and i'm still smudge free. That's a big + for me considering i've got oily lids and this thing isn't even waterproof. That's Amazing!!!!! I like this product already.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

It's for people with naturally thick lashes. Other than that, it give you a spidery effect. I'm editing and giving it 4 Lillie's BECAUSE it does a great job at holding curl and it doesn't weigh down the lashes. Which is perfect, but the formula dries quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Shierine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

+ long, volumising, black and hold curls well
- clumpy and spidery

I'm currently in the hunt for a good mascara for my straight, thin, few and short Asian lashes. Many youtubers rave about this mascara and after a long thought I finally open my poor student wallet and buy it. It costs AUD 38 here in Australia and it does not give me back my money worth. Well, it actually performs okay. It's good if you already have lots of eyelashes but on my few lashes, once it clumps, it looks like I need some transplant.

With this mascara, my eyelashes do get so long like 2x or probably longer. It looks thick and strong. It also stays well on my lashes, removing is as much hard work as a waterproof mascara, which is lovely.

The problem is that it also clumps. Probably because of the thick formula. My eyelashes stick together like mini black pyramids and left me with 4-5 strands of fat eyelashes. Another problem with this is that if you're too lazy to wipe it on the back of your hands first, you do get hourglass figured lashes where it start really thick and thin out or vice versa, the later is really ugly and I had to take it off with my finger.

It is excellent if you're into that fake-spidery looking mascara but for daily use where I prefer a full and soft eyelashes, it looks a bit too much.

Bottom line: I don't think I will repurchase it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by GrungeGrrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used. It makes my lashes look so beautiful. Definitely something to buy! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

hate it no volume what so ever. the lady at sephora told me its the best but i totally disagree argh

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Too liquidy but at the same time thick/ gloopy, which means that it deposits too much mascara in one go (even though I wipe the brush when I take it out of the tube) AND takes ages to dry. It doesn't build up well either but instead becomes clumpy. It gives me spider lashes even if I take my time to brush through carefully. Last but not least, it's a pain to take off even with an oil based makeup remover, there always seems to be some left off somewhere that ends up smudging on my face. And the ball-shaped end bit? Useless! You need to wipe most mascara off if you are to use it otherwise it will clump your lashes together like there's no tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got a sample size of this mascara in my "birthday gift" from Sephora. I have mascara "issues" and for that reason, frequently don't bother wearing mascara (as it really is a "bother") but I quite like this. It's a bit more "obvious looking" than I like; I prefer a somewhat more natural look to my lashes. I find with this mascara, I do have to go through with a clean spoolie or lash comb after applying it, to separate some clumps or remove a bit of excess on my outer lashes, but it lasts on me through the day without leaving a grey smear under my eyes by the end of the work day. It's not as good as the Bobbi Brown mascara I've recently discovered (again, thanks to a Sephora freebie), but it's not bad. I'm surprised by the overall low rating and some of the really negative reviews for this mascara. I was expecting to hate this, based on what I read here and I was very pleasantly surprised.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaJunAng

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got it free wish I could give it back! Too gloppy and heavy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

Sorry to say this but... no. Just...NO! This is quite possibly the most over-hyped mascara since greatlash in the 80's! I might not have been so disappointed with it if it had not made so many promises that it could not keep. I don't understand how anyone could love it. The formula is practically liquid-y, the brush has the hardest and sharpest bristles i have ever had the displeasure of experiencing, and the end result had me worrying about people smacking me in the face to kill the spiders! SO. CLUMPY. It did not give me the desired effect that it ; the look of false lashes. I'm just glad I got it for free instead of wasting my money. Oh! and it takes about 8 strokes of the brush before i even look like i have mascara on! Can't believe how much hype there is about this product! Serious let down for how excited i was to try it. Still gonna try it again to make sure i don't just have to get used to the brush. Hope this helped! Sorry Benefit! I love most of your stuff!