August 1, 2014 | 1702 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Georgia13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm glad to hear it wasn't my wimpy lashes that couldn't take BeneFit's They're Real Mascara. I loved the full and long look this gave me, but I also noticed lashes coming off on the bristles, and I was shocked when I changed my eyelash curler pad! It does take a little too much effort to remove, no matter the makeup remover or coconut oil (that is what I use) - It also dried out pretty quickly, which is a bummer since it was so expensive. I'll continue my search for the perfect mascara for my short lashes. Only a couple have I liked enough to mention: Lancome Defencils, and Loreal Voluminous Million lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was dying to try this product so I purchased a full size tube. I want my lashes to look like falsies. Dramatic, black, and lengthening was the look I wanted but sadly Benefit They're Real is not going to do it for me. It's not a bad mascara, but it just isn't the one for me. The wand is plastic with little prongs on it and I prefer the giant traditional wands like Dior Black Out. The mascara blackened my lashes but didn't do much for volume and very little for length. I would not repurchase this because there are many others that do the job better and are cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I got a small sample of this from Sephora for my birthday with Watts Up! Both were just okay.

The mascara got really clumpy very easily on me. I had no idea to combat this. I tried wiping off the wand inside the tube and on the outer rim. Nothing. I tried an eyelash comb. I even tried using E.L.F mascara shield and applying against that. Still clumpy as can be. I see some length from this but that's it.

Kind of disappointing from a mascara everyone seems to love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by AmyWoods11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I got a small sample from sephora for my birthday and I loved it, just one coat would make my lashes look long and separated. I was flinching at the price when I finally decided to get the full size, but now I don't regret it at all. On New Years I did 3 coats and I got asked if I was wearing fake lashes by a couple people. It's a great mascara, $23 is a bit much for it but I can guarantee that it is beyond worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by peacelovenostril

Who isn't obsessed with this product!?!? Its such a great mascara for volumizing and lengthening and looks so natural!! I love wearing it to school or adding a couple more coats for going out. Also it doesn't transfer to your waterline at all. However by the end of the day it tends to flake off. Regardless this is one of my favorite mascaras ever and it definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Bookworm19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome, but it will not give you good results if you don't use it the right way. When you are applying it, start at the tips and twist the wand around as you pull up. I've found that this gives the best results. This mascara gives great volume and length. Can't ask for much more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by AMaritimeBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Given the results I've had with this product, I certainly don't mind paying the extra money for it. I don't experience the normal issues with this mascara as I do with others. It doesn't flake, I'm not reapplying it, it doesn't smudge easily and it comes off just fine the in shower.
Really, the only downside is the price....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by JeneenL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because my friend bought it and loved it. Her lashes looked great so I thought why not try it. I got the mini version for $10 which I didn't mind spending just in case I didn't like it. It must be my lashes because my friend's lashes looked great but this did nothing for me. I like it better than a drug store mascara sure but I will keep looking for something better. Also, this stuff is so hard to get off!! I have used liqued make up remover, those make remover pads, even scrubbed my eyes w soap and there are still traces of it on!! I wouldn't repurchase for that reason alone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Skye555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a deluxe size sample of this as part of birthday gift set from Sephora. I think it does a pretty good job holding a curl. The first couple of time I used it, I didn't notice much clumping, but the last time I used it, there was a bit of clumping so I took off a lippie. Price-wise, the full size is currently $23 from Sephora, but you can also purchase a mini for $10 (which is about the price of a drugstore mascara, and I never use up all my full size ones anyways [it's recommended to throw them out every few months], so I think that's a good price.) I will probably purchase a mini size once my current tube gets used up, or after a few months. The packaging is nice, and I like the brush. The tip of the brush reminds me of Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes mascara brush a bit. Another thing to add, I don't think this mascara is advertised as being water-proof, but I shed quite a few tears and it held up pretty well. It flaked a little, but I didn't have mascara running down my face. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Jaclynhruby

Best mascara I've ever used! Expensive but worth it. I have naturally very long but straight lashes and this really helps hold a curl. Also is really good for separating lashes and is not clumpy at all. I got benefit's BADgal mascara as a gift and I would say that They're Real is much better.