December 22, 2014 | 1547 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by srmeric

i really hate this mascara. Seriously, this is Ulta and Sephora's best selling mascara? Really?go to the drugstore and select max factor false lash effect mascara. this is nothing special and not worth the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I never really saw a difference between mascaras a the drug store, they all pretty much applied and looked the same the only thing that was different was the packaging. I have tried ever drug store mascara (really). So I figured why not move on to the high end. This of course is crazy hyped so I figured I should start with this one. And I really do notice a difference. My lashes look like fabulous long lashes instead of mascara coated sticks. I can put coat after coat and it doesn't clump up. It's amazing. I think it really is worth the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Missfit88

So I am always on the hunt for a great mascara, and so far this one has been my favorite, along with Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara (yellow tube). I don't care much for eyelash extension effect; since I have a decent length as it is, I am more concerned with Volume. BeneFit's They're Real is great for that, with an extra tip on the brush for addition to the volume. This is a great Mascara for dramatic effect, and although I don't love the price, it is totally worth it for me. I do wish it came in brown, but so far it just gives it to you in black, I have green eyes so the brown mascara's usually are a better contrast with my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Seriously, this is Ulta and Sephora's best selling mascara? Really? Oh lordy people, go to the drugstore section of Ulta and get Cover Girl LashBlast (orange tube), or L'Oreal Voluminous or Telescopic or even Maybelline Falsies...same thing $15+ cheaper. This is absolutely nothing special. As a matter of fact go to Walgreen's and get the Jordana Volume mascara for $3 and it is better than this. I am ashamed at myself for falling into the hype. At least I only bought the $10 mini tube. Those of you who are perfectly happy with your drugstore mascaras, let me be the one to tell you, "No, this is nothing special and not worth the price. Stick with what you know is working for you." If this were a $5 drugstore mascara, not bad. But no way on earth is this woth the $20 they are selling it for.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

Really love this mascara!
My lashes look fake after i put this on.
I have no problems with it flaking on smearing.
Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGio

I have never found the perfect mascara. My lashes seem to be prone to clumping. This was my first non drug store mascara purchase and I like it but don't love it and feel like I am still on the quest for the perfect elusive mascara that really defines each of my lashes and still adds nice volume. I am more concerned with looking for volume than length. This product still clumps a little on me although not as much as some have. It does add nice definition and a decent amount of volume but I think I still crave even more volume and definition. It holds up very well through out the day and no flaking. I would buy this again but it's not perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am always reluctant to try new mascaras because there is always a chance they will either irritate my eyes, result in broken lashes, or flake. In the case of They're Real, a little of all of those happens from time to time. I get some irritation at the base of my lashes by the end of the day - just a touch. Nothing too annoying, but a tickle that's almost an itch. And when I have slept in it, which I know you shouldn't really do, I have noticed a couple of broken lashes. Lastly, though it is quite good at staying put, it smudges more than my favourite Diorshow Extase or Estee Lauder Sumptuous, and also the mascaras I used before - Clinique Natural Glossy and High Impact. The one thing that I like a lot about They're Real is that it looks great on my lower lashes.
I agree that this mascara is fairly clumping, but it's workable. I'm glad that I tried it, since there's so much hype around it, but it hasn't wowed me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SilverLilyGirl

So, got a free sample with a beauty order - my Mabelline great lash has run out, so thought I'd give this a whirl.

Overall, well its black but that's about the only good thing - this was wierd and gloopy to apply, caused major clumping requiring serious lash comb action and after a couple of hours flaked like nothing else.

Removal was also a pain - I ended up using a little olive oil to get rid of it. My normal cleanser (which removes waterproof mascara really easily) didn't make much of an impression.

I don't really understand why this is "bestselling" to be perfectly honest... needless to say after a couple of goes it went straight into the bin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ohyeagirl1111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using a sample I got. I like how it looks and applies nice with minimal clumping. However it flakes! And I always get a shadow under my lower lashes by the end of the day. Not worth the money

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really like this mascara. I think it irritates my eyes a bit and gets flaky if I apply it a bit too liberally. I don't think it gives me much length or volume either.

The formula dried out super quickly and I will not repurchase it.