August 23, 2014 | 1852 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

After years of loving drugstore mascaras by CoverGirl, Maybelline and L'Oreal, I received a sample size of this one as my Sephora birthday gift. Although it does make my lashes look nice with just one coat, they refuse to hold a curl because the formula isn't waterproof.
Let me just say: naturally, my lashes are quite straight. With my Sephora eyelash curler and L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara, they hold a curl perfectly all day. But for some reason, with this more expensive, higher-end mascara, they fall flat almost instantly. I wish they made a waterproof version!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by foxandnegayo

I swore off non-drugstore mascaras about a year ago because I believed "high-end" mascaras were not worth the money. After using a sample of Benefit's They're Real mascara, I (unfortunately) have broken that promise to myself. I LOVE IT. I bought a full size and will continue buying this mascara. Because I've been using Careprost, my lashes have been growing out and curling up on their own. They're Real mascara has really made my eyelashes look dramatic and beautiful. It doesn't clump or smudge. It lengthens, thickens and holds my curl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'll start with the good stuff; Benefit's THEY'RE REAL mascara ticks all of the mascara dreamlist boxes for me; Great separation, added length and amazing volume increase. I've not experienced flaking or smudging, plus it holds my curl all day and is easy to remove. The brush is a regular size with short rubber bristles so it is easy to use and It grabs, coats and pushes every lash out and up. However what is unique is that the end of the wand also has bristles, to catch those little straggly hairs in the inner and outer corners of the eye.

Bad points? I don't have anything negative to say about the formula, or the results. But whilst the shape of the brush is important to create the shape and definition, the shaped end can be a bit of a hindrance. One eye on me always looks great because of the shaped end, but I don't like flipping my wrist to do the other eye as I don't like the feeling of a lack of control, so my other eye rarely has the same level of definition. My main issue with this problem is that the inner corner of one eye always looks less defined as the bristled end of the brush is on the wrong end, and the outer corner of the problem eye can be prone to a few minor clumps.

Of course, if you are comfortable flipping your wrists during mascara application you can just ignore the last paragraph :)

The price [£19.50] is also a bit of a put off for me, as I can find cheaper mascaras that can produce similar results on me. So whilst I will consider buying this mascara again, I'll always be on the look-out for a alternative mascara as whilst I think They're Real is good, my niggles over the brush and price mean it isn't a I-must-have-it-now product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I wanted to like this mascara but instead ended up hating it. I had a tube I never used and my sister took it she raved on about how it's a great mascara..we'll fast forward to my b-day month and of course I receive my bday gift and in it was a baby size if this...let me just say I had huge expectations and I was let down so badly
:(... I already have long lashes and this was a good lengthening mascara but like I said I don't need that what I want the most is volume.. It does not volumize and it flakes within minutes of drying I'm one of those people who can't stand having things in my eye and this was a total nightmare my eyes would water and my liner would peel off and ugh I've never had a mascara piss me off more than the Laura mercier waterproof one I think that's the worse though! But I won't be getting this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by cutupangels78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG mascara for EXTREMELY LONG, thick lashes. People regularly ask me if my lashes are real! This is a very WET mascara and needs to dry for about a minute after each application to avoid staining your upper eyelids/brow area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by OldBlueEyes76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like most of you, I received this in the Sephora birthday sample set. I have always had the hardest time finding mascara I like...'til now. I'm about to order a tube. Goes on smoothly, gets all the lashes, no smudging, no flaking and lasts all day. My eyes tend to water (allergies) so I normally seek out waterproof mascara; this works!! I even got caught in the rain and NO STREAKS. I'm hooked. I wish it wasn't quite so expensive but to finally have my lashes look this great...worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The best mascara I've ever used! I generally don't like spending over $15 on a mascara, so I never purchased this mascara. I received a sample size with one of my Sephora orders. After using it a few times I realized how amazing it it. Between the formula and the wand, it gives amazing definition and length. I can apply three coats without worrying about clumping or spider lashes. I have never experienced any flaking or smudging from this mascara like I understand some people have complained about it. For me this mascara stays put, to the point where I find it difficult to remove with a good eye makeup remover. This is not a problem for me because I prefer having a mascara be stubborn to remove instead of flaking or smudging during wear. I will continue to use and love this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by AMBERROSE2885

I was really hoping this was going to be a great buy.

I have decent eyelashes already, but this mascara separated my lashes and made them stiff and spidery. It wasn't pretty. I returned it after giving it a couple of trys. I think a mascara fit for lush volume rather than stiff definition looks better.

Note: I normally use baby oil to remove all mascara and eye make-up (for years - no break outs) and this mascara was difficult to remove! I had to use a remover made for water-proof eye make-up, and even that was hard.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Monikaottova

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst mascara I have ever bought. It burns my eyes and my skin. I have never had allergic reaction to make-up but this stuff is like acid!

It does not make nice eye lashes either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by laurencordina

LOVE THIS MASCARA!
When paired with my Shu Umera lash curler, this stuff gives me the longest, most gorgeous lashes ever.
I've had problems with some mascaras that crumble off and this doesn't at all.
The pigment is nice and dark and really accentuates my light brown eyes.
I've bought about 4 tubes of this stuff and will continue on!