September 30, 2014 | 1096 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by hdcue23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this mascara but it was just ok, nothing special. I heard great things about it so went out and picked one up at my local Sephora. I have naturally long lashes so when I tried it for the first time I was expecting massive volume and thick lashes but for some reason it made my lashes clump together and didn't give me that "wow" factor, it also didn't curl very well(I even curled them prior to applying mascara!), and kinda made my lashes stick out. One thing I did like is how black it was, but other then that I wasn't that impressed, I just don't think the price is worth it and there are better mascaras out there for a better price!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by DarthPenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been dependent on the same mascaras for so long from Maybelline that I thought it would be nice to change it up. I decided to try BeneFit's They're Real because of some good reviews I read aaaaaaaaaand I was highly highly disappointed. This mascara is heavy, clumps, doesn't hold a curl, but luckily didn't smudge at least.

The packaging of this mascara is great, it pretty standard when you think of what you can do with a tube of mascara. The mascara wand I also thought looked great and ideal for applying mascara but it turns out that this wand applies the mascarapretty clumpily. Or at least in my eyes they do. The wand reminds me of The Rocket mascara which I also really didn't like but BeneFit's They're Real has a smaller wand which I think it makes it a little better. Also another nice thing is that the mascara really doesn't have a fragrance so it isn't irritating to the eye as some might be.

Now to the reasons I regret buying this mascara...
Like most others I curl my eyelashes and then appy the mascara and then I use one of those tiny combs to comb out any clumps. I tried doing this and it was disastrous every time--I couldn't stand it. I curled my eyelashes and then applied the mascara, then when I looked in the mirror the curl wasn't there and my eyelashes were weighed down and didn't want to hold the curl! I tried to comb out clumps (because my eyelashes were FULL of clumps!) and it wouldn't improove no matter what. I had freaking spider leg lashes!!! I was able to get a method to get my lashes decent but nowhere near the level of awesomeness of when I use Full n' Soft or the Falsies.

Overall this mascara proved to be an utter rip off for me. It was not worth the twenty bucks I spent on the damn tube because of the horrid results. I do NOT recommend people buy this unless their eyelashes somehow naturally hold the curl wonderfully and don't mind clumpedy clump clumped lashes. I keep telling myself "hey, at least it didn't smudge..." but even with this in mind I would never rebuy this mascara. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing mascara. I made my eye lashes super long and thick, and the weird thing is that the first time I used it someone actually did ask me was I wearing fake eye lashes. The container is so nice too, Love this mascara. Only con is the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$23 USD. Very expensive mistake for me (teaches me to buy in to hype!). Very difficult to properly use the wand, at least for me! The spiky brush was terrible and smeared all over my lids as I tried to use the non-spiky part. Formula straightened my short, straight lashes and did nothing for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by MrsLuckett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got a sample size of this and was so excited to try this product! Well now I'm excited the sample was free because holy crap this is not worth the money at ALL. I have very long lashes and I was excited to get some volume from this "miracle" mascara, but I only ended up getting spider lashes and LOADS of clumps! I tried not letting it dry when adding layers, letting it dry then reapplying, lancome mascara bases then the mascara and NOTHING worked! I like this stuff for a natural look, but that's not what it promises, and that's not what I want from a mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have just tried it today and I am the kind of person who knows if they would like a mascara from first application. I have long thick lashes and this mascara made them look even longer and thicker. Great one but it is very difficult to remove if you get some product on your eyelids while applying the mascara. The consistency is rather thick; quite gummy as it starts to dry if that makes sense?? You get best result by applying only one coat and taking your time doing it because it gets clumpy after the first application because it dries fast. I am afraid I won't repurchase because it is very expensive and I get similar results using Max Factor Masterpiece Max, which is cheaper. Overall good mascara but not really worth the hype as many mascaras are as good and they are usually way cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by AriamMariel

This product makes my lashes look AMAZING. It separates the and gives the length and volume. The only down side for me is that is not water prof its only water resistant. Its pricey but its totally worth it in my opinion. I just LOVE IT <3

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ChungC

Been through so many mascaras and I honestly thought this was going to be the best for my thin lashes. Unfortunately, it made my lashes extremely stiff and didn't add any volume. Definitely not worth my money

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by annajaneporee

I was so excited to try this mascara and was left less than impressed unfortunately, it does absolutely nothing for my lashes. It did nothing that it promised, it straightened my lashes, made them appear thinner, didn't make them look longer at all. I tried curling them first but the mascara just made them poker straight again. The only good thing I can say is that it does separate the lashes nicely and does not clump. So if you already have nice long thick curly lashes then go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by lakshana1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im suprised so many people didnt like this mascara. This mascara does wonders for my lashes. It makes them look like I'm wearing false lashes. Definitely would recommend to someone who already has decently long lashes. I feel like if you have longer lashes this will work better for you.