BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2087 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

LOVE THIS MASCARA.

I received the sample sized one from Sephora and it is now my everyday mascara.
It separates my lashes perfectly and gives it just enough length without looking spidery.
Does not clump at all.

It lives up to its popularity, that's for sure.

on 8/23/2014 1:15:00 PM

Great everyday mascara.

on 8/23/2014 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The formula itself is kinda weird, because it smudges and also flakes on me. Ususally a mascara smudges OR flakes on me, depending on the dryness of the formula.
I was drawn to the wand, I liked the little spikes on the end. However, the wand picks up so much product, impossible to take it down from the end, so I can't use those end-spikes.
Imho this doesn't worth the money.

on 8/23/2014 5:33:00 AM

I think this is one of the best mascaras out there and I gave tried loads

on 8/22/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in Sephora's 500 point package and I always wanted to try this mascara. However, because the formula is not waterproof, it does not hold a curl at all. I like the brush itself with the spikes coming out so it is easier to apply mascara on the lashes. It is easier to comb through the lashes with a stiff brush like this ones. If only there were more bristles to it, it could create more volume to the lashes rather than having the lashes separated. I would definitely try this again if Benefit came out with a waterproof version of this product that could hold a curl. Other than that, I would not purchase it as it does smudge as well. Not only for me, but I have friends who wear this mascara and it smudges on them as well.

on 8/21/2014 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is about the hundredth mascara I've tried and I only purchased it because the lovely sales assistant made a compelling case - it is the most sold mascara in Myer and David Jones department stores!

PROS -
I have very sensitive eyes and contact dermatitis around my eyes and, providing I wash it completely off at night time, this doesn't irritate my skin!

Lush and separate lashes, with the ability to layer it

Wand is rubber so I find easier to use

CONS -
The wand has spikes at the end for getting into corner lashes but I find this awkward and tend to get it on my lids.

Would definitely buy again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It took me a little while to bite the bullet and buy this mascara. At $30 CAD, it's pretty steep. But I finally did and it is WORTH IT. First of all, this mascara is so intensely black it's crazy - so if you're a brown mascara fan, this probably isn't for you. HOWEVER, the brush alone has been worth it. It's great at combing through your lashes, and the end spiky bit is amazing at getting your lower & corner lashes, which can really give you that false lash look. The formula of this mascara is a bit on the dry side, which makes a little hard to remove - I definitely recommend an oil-based remover. But I haven't had any problems with it flaking at all, and I find the dry, thickness of it makes it easy to build multiple coats on. Overall, this mascara has single-handedly replaced all my mascara because of that fact. When I wear this for day time make up, I've been asked if I have eyelash extensions. But I've layered it for a more dramatic look, too. For that reason, the price is juuuuuust worth it. I do have to say that for a BeneFit product, the packaging is pretty plain - but that hardly matters. Because no, it's not a drugstore priced item - but it certainly gives a high-end result. Besides, if you're someone who wears false lashes regularily, then arguably, this is probably a cheaper alternative.

on 8/19/2014 5:13:00 PM

I received a sample size from Sephora. I liked it, but can't give it more than three stars because it smudged and flaked a bit by the end of the day.

on 8/19/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really love this mascara. It's waterproof and doesn't budge (I have allergy eyes too). It can clump a little if you arent careful to wipe the brush before applying. The spiked ball end of the brush make it great for the outer corners. A little goes a long way. I don't even buy the full size product because this lasts me so long.

on 8/17/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely not worth the hype, at least not for me, only because it does everything that Maybelline's Falsies does for half the price. It's a good mascara, it lengthens and gives somewhat volume that definitely makes my lashes stand out. But it's super hard to remove and I just don't think it's worth twice the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials