October 1, 2014 | 1983 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

THE SMELL UGH!!! I don't know what that crappy perfume they dumped into this stuff is, but it smells like a room full of little old ladies. I have a really weak sense of smell and I found I had to hold my breath when putting this stuff on. THIS IS AN EYE PRODUCT, THERE SHOUDN'T BE ANY PERFUMES IN IT, THEY'RE NEEDLESS IRRITANTS THAT COULD SPARK A REACTION!

Ugh, as for the mascara. It's just OK. It's not great, it doesn't really do anything much but darken and define your lashes, it doesn't volumize, it doesn't lengthen, it just is.... I find it doesn't flake as much as people are saying and I touch my eyes a lot, like a lot a lot. But honestly, I JUST bought this stuff a few weeks ago, and I already went out and bought something else. I'm super cheap and that doesn't happen often. Plus, this product doesn't even have any properties that nourish your lashes to make it's just okness acceptable. It's not conditioning, it doesn't protect, it just sits there, smelling aweful like a mix of cheap rose water and violets.

The brush doesn't grab your lashes like other brushes do, so you have to be careful about clumping. I feel like a tooth pick or a Q-tip would have done a better job of coating my lashes.

I would not buy this stuff ever again.

Mascaras should never be scented, at least not so noticeably you can tell.

Mascaras should do more than colour your lashes.

These two things are the only things that this mascara does, it fails as a mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by eileenbean5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The brush is horrible and the product flakes like crazy. Not good.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by missleahchristine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

loved the brush and the way the mascara worked. they only problem is after I put it on and let it set, it began to flake horribly all day long. tired it again the next day and it did the same thing. i was disappointed. unfortunately, the excessive flaking was pretty bad and I took the mascara back. just didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am generally a big fan of Maybelline mascaras and couldn't wait to try this out. I found the scent hugely off-putting. I hate scented eye-products. I actually liked the brush and found it separated my lashes decently. The formula, on the other hand, left much to be desired. It was very wet and took a long time to dry. If I tried to get anywhere near my lashes before the mascara set, my lashes clumped together horribly. I am a quick MU before I run out the door sort of girl, so this was irritating. However, the biggest problem is that it occasionally flaked, which I find absolutely unacceptable. Overall, not at all impressed and won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by bebeassassin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was intrigued by the colour of the tube. I bought the waterproof version of this; it gives great definition, good length, separates and fan my lashes. This mascara doesn't smudge, flake or have much clumping which is nice. It may not give much volume at all but I really like how this makes my lashes look and it's my everyday mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Haha! I just have to comment on the review below, yes! Yes it does smell a lil like roses, well at least to me. Lol onto the product, it was a lil better then ok, I think its the weird shape of the wand I'm not fond of. Its a lil hard to get a good coat due to the bristles being so close together and in a weird ball/sphere shape. Lol but no, I would not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is not a volumizing mascara. It's more a defining mascara in my opinion. When I use this, my lashes are darker and separated. They don't look thicker or longer. If the color were even darker, I would like this mascara a lot. Also, is it me, or does this mascara smell kind of like roses?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by amyers2

This products is 'meh' at best. Not the best, not the worst. Price (6.00? is what I think I paid)
    - - -
    Pros - easily coats lashes, formula isn't too dry or too wet (in my opinion), no smudging issues.
    - - -
    Cons - The shape of the brush makes it awkward to apply mascara. I prefer a skinnier brush that's easier to wiggle back and fourth and really get the outer lashes. This brush balloons out not making it easy to apply to lashes one by one like the name implies. Volume was eh.
    - - -
    Overall - not great, but not terrible for a drugstore mascara. Low performance rating due to minimal volume without an eyelash curler and brush being so awkward. Now on to the Falsies Flared...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by FAATb0yy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this mascara! It doesn't smudge or flake and is totally waterproof. It lengthens my lashes and I really love that it doesn't flake. The shape of the brush makes it easy to get each lash. My only problem is the cost, 7/9 dollars for a mascara is expensive for me but it works really well so I'll splurge.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by gigiLEAL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is, okay... It did what it says, definitely separated and volumized. It looks so pretty when I applied it but my absolute biggest complaint was the flaking. That's a major no no for any mascara in my opinion. It looked great when I first applied it but throughout the day it would flake and fell underneath my eyes and I constantly had to wipe underneath my eyes to get it off. It became such a habit that I even do it when I'm not wearing mascara!