April 19, 2014 | 1793 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by peqpatino

The packaging of the product is cute. The lettering is a bit of a plus and the color scheme is actually quite attractive.
The brush itself and the formula were not so fantastic. The first time I used the product it clumped like crazy. After letting it sit for a while and coming back to it, it did do it's job at defining, but it was a very natural look. It seemed temperamental, some days it defined well and volumized a bit and other days it just clumped. The formula also had a bit of a flaking issue but not too severe.
I did grow an affinity to the brush after a while, but overall I wasn't impressed with the whole mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by viviansweethart

I bought this mascara for around $6 and the reason I bought it was because it was a new product. The cons are that it leaves my lashes feeling a bit heavy and that the brush is too big for me. The pro is that it makes my lashes look defined and pretty. This product is not good enough for me to purchase again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by awkwardandawakened

When i first bought this, i named it the smelly mascara. it smelled like chemicals and toxic waste. the STINK faded, and i dont even notice it anymore. the brush itself is made up of lots of tiny plastic bristles, opposed to synthetic ones.the brush is kind of oval shaped, the bristles start tiny on the edges and slowly start to increase in length as they work their way in. they are their longest in the middle. the bristles really get between all of your lashes and volumize beautifully to someone with long, black lashes in ONE coat... two is a bit dramatic, nice for night time! for someone with thin, short lashes...two coats is instant LOVE. no clumps, no flaking, no problem. ha!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by nogar02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

My HG for a while now. It does what it claims to do - separate lashed, so it does gives volume. It also lengthens even if you don't try it to (it's not something I look for, as my lashes are ridiculesly long).

Note that this one is NOT for you if you like a dramatic look - if you're looking for a daily mascara though, this would do great, it doesn't even look like I have mascara on most days, a kind of "my lashes but better" look.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by agag123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

It's decent, but nowhere near hg status.
Formula: has a mild chemical smell, but doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes (& I'm a contact lens wearer). It's very wet when just applied, but dries to a super stiff (unflattering) finish. Clumps if I don't use a lash comb afterwards (so no quick application for me). Has a very waxy finish. It's not a very deep black color.
Wear: I don't normally have any issues w/ mascaras lasting all day, but this one flakes after 4 hrs.
Wand: a large rubber wand; ime the bristles are too far apart & the brush is too fat for my small eyes, which results in clumping.
Packaging: not a big deal for me, but it is quite bulky.
Price: in England 8.50 w/o any offers- not cheap, but too much for an crappy-to-average mascara.
Overall it does not separate very well, lengthens but adds no volume at all, and gives a very waxy & flaky finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Really good mascara - gives me a little added length, buildable volume, no smudging throughout the day, no flaking.. everything you could want.. but I HATE the brush!!! The brush is usually a make it or break it and despite the fantastic formula, I'm not sure if i'd repurchase because the wand is so inconvenient. You literally have to swipe your lashes one by one (is that the point??) so basically it takes me twice as long to apply my mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had very low expectations for this mascara, and I'm happy to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

I got this as part of the Ulta rewards program - non-waterproof version. It's definitely a volumizing mascara, but it adds a decent amount of length too. It's not clumpy, the brush is nice and tapers at the tip which helps for getting into the corners. It doesn't flake or smudge, but since it's not waterproof, it's very easy to remove.

The only con is that in order to hold curl, I have to curl my lashes after I apply the mascara. This isn't so bad because the mascara dries fairly quickly, and once it's curled it holds the curl all day. This is saying quite a lot considering my lashes fight to stay stick straight down.

So overall, it's a pretty good everyday mascara for me. I'm always on the hunt for something new and better in mascaras, so I probably won't repurchase, but it's definitely one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by lucybooboo9701

love this mascara.... I wouldnt go as far as to call it my HG mascara because i love trying new mascaras but a definite one to always have in the drawer... Honestly my lash type is medium length no volume and this mascara made my medium length eyelashes look sooooooo long! the formula is a wetter formula so it also gave me my desired volume i wanted. It is soooo black and works perfect on my eyes! try it out seriously!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rambler359

I cannot get this mascara to work for me. No matter what I do it CLUMPS terribly on me. The wand is very floppy which I don't really like. I like rubber bristles but I find that the bristles on this mascara wand never get fully coated in mascara, I can always see the color of the wand showing through. I like the colors of the packaging. I have it in brownish black, not waterproof. Unfortunately, it's got to go. I wish it would work for me...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

A decent mascara for the price. Gives long, lovely and separated lashes, and holds the curl well. If you are looking for maximum thickness, this is probably not the mascara for you - but if you want long, flirty lashes, it's great. I really enjoy the tapered brush because it makes it so easy to get into tight spots and reach every lash. Doesn't flake or smudge. I have the non-waterproof version, and it doesn't seem to budge!