Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 4/22/2012 3:01:00 PM

This is LOVE ... in a bottel. thank you Chanel.
OK, so you have to give it a shake otherwise the pigment doesnt disperse equally on your face, but otherwise that really doesnt bother me. There is a slight alcoholly smell BUT, me, being extremely prone to breakouts and sensitive eyes which flare up to something like clinique hypoallergenic foundation and bobbi brown, i was in utter SHOCK to not have had a single reaction to this foundation, no puffy eyes or redness even my acne calmed down. i think people forget that alcohol is also an anti bacterial and with some other ingredient Chanel just got it right where other brands just didnt. The coverage is so lovely (more coverage than perfection lumiere and not cakey) i have combination skin so even on my dry patches it seemed to cover just fine. and with time the warmth of your skin leaves the foundation radiant. who ever doesnt like this is just an utter weirdo or doesnt posses a kabuki foundation brush!

on 4/20/2012 7:34:00 AM

I got this as a sample in my InStyle magazine....If it wasn't so expensive I would buy it. Surprised at the shade match, easy application, wearability. I have dry skin & this product didn't bother me at all. Sorry, but I'm not paying $60 for foundation. I'll have fun improvising with drug store products.

this is my HG foundation! It is pricey (I bought it $60 off Aus Duty Free) and so far it is the best foundation i have ever owned! I am shade B20 and I am MAC NC30-5.
It covers really nicely (medium coverage, which is my defo fave), has a really nice floral smell. The foundation sinks into your skin after a while and gives a really, natural finish to the skin. The finish is natural (not flat matte, but not too dewy as well)
Chanel said it is best to apply it with fingers, however I like to apply it with my MAC 130 brush which I think gives the best finish.
The foundation do oxidies so be careful (get some samples first before purchasing to see how you like this foundation).
When I use this foundation, I don't need touching up since this wears quite a long time (worn alone).

on 4/19/2012 5:21:00 PM

Perfect summer make up. It spreads up well, skin looks naturally and has nice smell.

So this product didnt stay well on my combi skin.. i get oily on my nose and chin where i have the most pores... i apply it b4 i go to school - that is 7.30 am- and at 10.30 it is not in place it all around and the the redness shows up again. I do use powder over it. It is the guerlain one. at 10.30 the foundation is all over the place it is everywhere else but the places tht need coverage.. i expected a bit more since it dries to a semi-matte feeling.. i apply with a brush ..i also have it for 6 months now .. lasted quite a bit it does look natural

on 4/16/2012 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

The original vitalumere used to be my favourite foundation, but as I grew older I wanted a bit more coverage. Also, as I've gotten out of my teens, my skin is more greasy (weird! I also have more spots now) and when Chanel released this about a year ago, and everyone raved about it I bought it 10 months ago.

It's been a staple ever since. I use it for days when I need my foundation to last all day long. It's a lovely medium coverage, that applies well with i number of different brushes with fingers. It fool-proof, works on days I'm not using contacts and therefore applying my makeup whilst being blind.

The only negative I have to say, or rather something to think about, is that it settles quickly, and I need to finish the area I'm working on before moving on to the next. Sometimes I find that it will cling to dry patches, and it will have worn off unevenly after 16 hours of wear.

But all in all - a really good foundation that works all year round - on a number of skintypes.

MY COLOUR: B10 (winter) or B30(summer), Nars SG Gobi, Mac NC 15/20 Chanel vitalumiere 10

on 4/16/2012 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Vitalumiere Aqua is light weight and has a satin finish, slightly dewy. The formula is quite runny. I love it as an everyday foundation. It is easy to apply with a brush (I prefer MAC 187) or even fingertips. It doesn’t have very full coverage, but it is buildable. I sometimes have redness on my cheeks but If I wait a few seconds and then apply some more it covers well. You will most probably need to use it in conjunction with a concealer, to hide dark circles and blemishes as the coverage is quite sheer. Just to let you know, it has a light fragrance, but I have sensitive skin and this doesn’t cause any problems. My only problem with this foundation is that it can cause some oiliness in my T-zone after a few hours, but this is easily fixed with some powder or a blotting sheet. Overall I love this foundation I am a MAC NW20 and have this in B20 but will try the BR20 next time as it is slightly too yellow based for me.

on 4/15/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

After buying this and trying it on and off for almost two months I am still on the fence, but leaning towards not loving it. I was matched to BR-40, Beige Rose Desert. The color match it near perfect I will say. You do have to shake it extremely well before applying it. That doesn't bother me. It is a thin liquid, almost feels slippery.

So I experimented a bit with it. I tried it with my fingers and I didn't love the finish. It actually worked best with my cheap-o Avon foundation brush. It looked just amazing, as if my skin was literally lit from within. I was impressed! I did two coats in parts where I have some melasma and the finish was near medium. I put a bit of concealer on and a dusting of powder and it still looked gorgeous. It was as if I always drink the right amount of water, get 8 hours of sleep at night, eat perfectly ~ which I rarely do all of those things every day. The finish reminds me of my lovable MUFE F&B but with more glow.

However hours later it just seems to get so greasy and I can feel it on. I find myself itching to just get to my bathroom to wash my face. This foundation is great for a dinner date or a few errands but I hated the feeling after a few hours. I have tried different primers, techniques, moisturizers and the best I can get is four hours of wear until I want to just wash it off.

It has a strong scent, which may not be for everyone. It is expensive. And it is nice on me for shorter days or evenings. Color and finish are great, it looks absolutely amazing on. I won't buy this again, but I will use it up.

on 4/13/2012 1:27:00 PM

why why why????? this is horrible really I guess everyone is different but goshh this thing is like liquid butter you splat on your face.

the first time I tried it I was at my local chanel counter, and took the little bottle and tried squeezing a bit on my hand the lady was standing right beside me.... the first thing that came out was transparent yellowish oil.... nothing but that !! it was disgusting to think I was going to put that on my face, the lady quicky saw the disgust on my face and told me I had to give it a good shake first,

I did and tried it I have to say I hate that gross oily crap!!!
Im sorry but I just cant understand why everyone loves spending 60 dlls on a bottle of mayo for your face!!! that has a pretty logo on top and says chanel why do we people get involved in all this media marketing and youtube gurus hyping about things that we just fall for ????

Dont get me wrong I like good stuff, like high end stuff, quality products and I dont mind spending 60 dlls on a makeup, I will use everyday on my face, but this has no good quality and it is just oil with tint please leave the hype on the side for a bit and actually test this leave it for a few hours check it!! really analize it because I reallly thinks this is overpriced overhyped junk! all these girls get paid for just advertising crap and we all fall for it!

on 4/13/2012 9:29:00 AM

Gosh........I wasted my money on this peice of junk :( I thought this may be good as it has water, water is meant to be good....how WRONG!

First of all the packaging is soo annoyinggggggg. It has a nozzle...and you have to shake the product up and that gives me a arm ache....sometimes it comes out like it is supposed to and sometimes it is so watery...gosh!

The coverage is OK, doesnt feel heavy but the colour is different from the Perfection Lumiere and I dont like that...I was a 40 I think...this also broke me out badly like the other Chanel foundation...

It has a semi matte finish, doesnt last very long. Poor foundation and a waste of money!