October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Using the sensitive brush head with gentle circular motion on my face two or three times a week with my fresh soy cleanser from sephora has made a massive difference to the health of my skin. It's brighter, clearer and smoother!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by vanilla1202

if you want better textured skin, to promote healing breakouts and to give your creams/serums a chance to really work, go buy this. the MIA is $30 cheaper than the regular Clarisonic and there are bunch of cute colors to choose from. change your brush head (it comes with one) every 3 months and use at least 3x a week

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by hags101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, let me tell you that I have several of these types of face brushes. I will explain each of them and compare them to the Mia which I prefer. The Olay Pro X and DDF Revolve are the same except that the DDF has a sponge attachment for use with their microdermabrasion scrub (baking soda). The heads for the Pro X and Revolve fit on either unit (tried them myself!). They are nice devices to use for scrubbing my face (note: review for the brush attachment on DDF not for the sponge attachment), although my sensitive skin can get raw from these brushes if used for too long and my skin starts to get dull looking after 3 months use of either of these units. I was disappointed because both the DDF and Olay unit did not keep my stubborn clogging pores clean any differently than with my oil + emulsifier cleanser alone. Now for the CLARISONIC MIA: with the SENSITIVE BRUSH HEAD that came with the unit - it made my skin feel softer than the Olay or DDF units. Unfortunately with the sensitive head brush my pores started clogging again after 3 months similar to using my oil + emulsifier cleanser alone and the sensitive brush head felt slightly scratchy on my face. I purchased the DEEP PORE BRUSH HEAD and have not looked back since! This brush head makes my skin feel cleaner deeper down, it is gentler on my skin, and once I worked up to using it 2x a day the FLESH COLORED TINY BUMPS ON MY FACE HAVE DISAPPEARED! I started working my way to using this 2x a day by using it 1x day for 2 weeks, than 2x a day a couple of days a week for a month. This is how I use the clarisonic mia: I sweep each area of my skin in a circular motion ONE time and I only lightly touch the unit to my skin. If I used it to scrub my face (scrubbing harder or circling it over and over each spot) my skin would be red and raw (as with any of these types of devices). I also love that the unit is waterproof and rechargable! I never see other units that are rechargable! The charge usually lasts 5 days or more with using it 2x a day. I either use the Mia to work in my oil cleanser + emulsifier (oil on dry skin and use the unit to massage) or I wet the head (dip it into clean water on my hand) and massage it to clean my pores deep down and get the oil cleanser + emulsifier off. I can even use glycolics and fruit acid masks with the Mia and I have somewhat sensitive skin that reacts to products often. I just wait for a little before applying the acids after I have used the Mia.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Jenny297

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my Clarisonic Mia! I've been using for 3 years now. My skin tone has greatly improved. I use it twice a day (a.m and p.m) with my facial cleanser. Lathers great and really deep cleans my skin. Has not made me break out or irritate my skin either. I've used just about all the different brush heads too. A must-have tool in anyone's skin care routine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

RE: ROSACEA AND/OR SENSITIVE SKIN:

It's not like the world needs one more review on the Calrisonic Mia, but I wanted to add this for anyone who has sensitive skin or mild rosacea, like me, because when I was looking into buying this I found the information pretty spotty.

When I first got the Mia I liked it immediately, but after a few days I found the "sensitive" brush that came included to be too harsh on the apples of my cheeks, where I have the mild rosacea. I was thinking of returning it, because even though I enjoyed the soft, clean feeling the Mia gave me, I was concerned about irritating my skin. I looked online and saw that Clarisonic makes a DELICATE brush head and I went to Sephora and picked it up. Thank goodness I did, because switching to the Delicate brush head made the Mia SO much friendlier to my skin, and over time it really has improved the appearance of pores, helps to get all makeup, sunscreen, etc. off, and seems to help my skincare products absorb better and makeup to go on flawlessly. I use it twice a day with NO irritation or flareups. Of course, this is in conjunction with a brilliiant skincare routine from Paula's Choice. If you suffer from Rosacea you should call their customer service and have them help you put together a customized routine to use with your Mia.

Bottom line: The "Sensitive" brush is not for the truly sensitive. Try the Delicate brush, especially if you have Rosacea but are curious to try a Mia. It's very, very gentle and feels wonderful. The only reason I didn't give it five lippies is because it is so freakin' expensive! Even though it's a very high quality device, I consider it a luxury and not a necessity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic Mia changed my skin for the better. I only wish I had gotten this sooner. Went with the Mia because it was cheaper than the original yet still held great reviews, and I don't regret my purchase at all! I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for about 5-6 months now and have definitely seen major results. I started seeing results around the 2nd week of using this, and I never went through a purging phase. I get breakouts less frequently (if at all) and the Mia has helped improved the clarity of my skin, which seems to have evened out in tone. I love how squeaky clean my face feels afterward and it really does do a wonderful job removing makeup residue. As an everyday foundation wearer, I can say that I feel more comfortable with my skin now than I did before since the Mia cleared up my skin incredibly. For the first time, I am getting random strangers telling me I have beautiful skin, and I attribute this to my Clarisonic. I think the biggest plus about this device is that it was able to completely clear those little stubborn, tiny (non-acne) bumps on my forehead. I would highly recommend this, and I have gifted this to both my mother and sister. If you're still not sure whether you want to shell out the money for this, keep in mind that this is a very good investment. At least for me, the changes I have seen in my skin were well worth the money.

EDIT 1/20/14: Can't live without this. Switched to 1x a day. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i don't notice much change in my skin on daily basis after using this but it definitely has had an effect on my skin overall. ive used it for almost a year and didnt think much of it until now! i use it every night. all the other years before using this i would get break outs whenever i am super stressed and did not sleep (i.e. finals or midterm weeks or big projects) but for the past 8 months since using this i have not really broken out even when i get lik 2-3 hours of sleep per night for 1 or 2 weeks. only when i don't wash my face well or when i try bad new facial products i get some pimples but if not i havent seen breakouts since using this. i think its b/c of the clarisonic i haven't changed much in my skin care (except I also started using witch hazel toner...) but perhaps that in conjunction with clarisonic = good. either way witch hazel is lik 2$ so try it with your clarisonic!!! but i have to say, i am not acne prone, just once in a while i get some break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have owned my Mia for a year and a half and everyday for a year and a half I have used it twice a day. I love it so much it is build well i have dropped it so many times I lost count. It has made such a change in my skin I have been shocked it never fails to amaze me I use the Normal brush head and I love this my three siblings also now all own one even my brother loves it he just wishes for more guy colors. But we all love it My roommate has even bought one. It is a bit high in price but worth every penny. If your going to buy it wait for a coupon and get the double brush head pack.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Julia7239

I joined make up alley to read the reviews of this product and i purchased on the positive reviews. I have been using it for 7 weeks. It started off well. My face felt clean I thought I saw my spots and black heads improving an i was really excited. But recently I started getting spots where I never get them on the tops of my cheeks below my eyes! I kept using the brush and in the last few weeks where the spots were I now have broken capillaries! I look blotchy and it has caused damage to my skin. I am using the delicate brush. It is too late for me to return it, so Im putting it in a draw and returning to my usual skin care, which although I have spots my skin will not be irreparably damaged.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love my clarisonic. you can put it in the shower and get it wet and it won't hurt it. also, a charger means you dont need batteries. it exfoliates and renews my skin every day so that i don't break out. keeps skin young and fresh by exfoliating, forcing your cells to renew faster.