Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have only been using this for the last 5 days, so I may update this review later. But since I saw results in such a short amount of time, I thought that should be known! My skin was dry, and I kept getting acne in certain areas of my face. It came up in February and it had not gone away after 7 months! I had it! I had read of the clarisonic before but always heard it was $200. I saw the Mia brush for only $97 on Amazon and thought that was a reasonable price (comparable to a Sonicare or Oral B electric toothbrush). I didn't think it would work as well as the reviews. I have had redness on my cheeks for 10 years or more, so I thought it was roscacia and would never go away. It is starting to disappear after just a few days. After using the brush for two days my skin became much more flaky on my cheeks and nose (normally I have a dry nose, but this made it more flaky). I had used it twice in one day per reviews, but if you have dry skin do not do this. I started using it once a day the last few days and my skin is now soft and redness is much less. The acne on the areas that was there for 7 months are feeling smooth and it just looks like slightly red dots. To me, that is awesome. I thought it would make pores on my forehead and around my nose smaller, but those appear to be more noticeable. As time goes on, I think those things will improve. I rated a four just based on the results of the redness disappearing, my acne going from bumpy and hard to soft and smooth, and from my makeup/moisturizer sinking into my face better than it ever has in the past. So far I am impressed, but I will update if there are any changes.

I really do hate to rain on everyone's parade but god, the clarisonic really just ruined my skin for the time being. I stopped using it a couple of days ago and I'm already seeing improvement.

For a bit of background information, I never had 'bad' skin. It was always pretty clear, maybe some dark residual acne marks from a brief period of cystic spots I had (thanks to a birth control pill I really didn't get a long with) and some visible pores. Recently I was even started to like how I looked without makeup!

Enter the Clarisonic. The first week of use I was in awe - such an amazing product, I said! And it was true, I glowed after I used it and it didn't seem all that rough and my skin was looking better than ever. However, after this week I began to get really deep, large spots - one would appear as the other one was dying down and there was just nothing I could do about them. I told myself this was just the 'purging' period, that it would be worth it, so I stuck with it for another month. While I don't get anymore large spots (fingers crossed) the general condition of my skin has really declined. I'm more oily, more red, and more dry (despite the fact I moisturize well and with an extremely good product) despite changing nothing about my skincare routine except for the addition of the Clarisonic.

Keep in mind, I wasn't overusing it. At first I did it the full minute, morning and night, and once the breakouts started I gradually scaled back until I was only using it about twenty seconds in the morning and twenty seconds at night (that's when the breakouts stopped) but once the condition of my skin failed to improve I just quit altogether.

Honestly, I know the Clairsonic is good for some people, but I would advise you that if you like your skin, DON'T try to improve upon a good thing just because the machine is new and expensive and kind of cool. I'd say only use it if you genuinely think that your skin NEEDS such deep cleansing. If it's just an interesting accessory you're trying out, don't bother.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I LOVE THE CLARISONIC ! I been using it for about 3 months now !! & its so amazing how it leaves your skin so soft !!! Takes off all my makeup, Clears your skin, & keeps away acne and blackheads. Only downfall about it , is the fact that it can dry out your skin. So make sure you moisturize after you use your Clarisonic. Another tip : when using the Clarisonic make sure you go over your skin gently, it can cause broken capillaries. Because the Clarisonic is a little bit rough. But Overall its GREAT ! I recommend this to anybody !!

I have had this product since March of this year. I never experienced a purge, but I was exfoliating constantly before I started using my Mia. I began using it far too much when I first got it, twice a day, and it broke my chin out into cysts. I pulled back my usage to once a day and my breakouts eventually cleared up. Another issue arose from improper usage. I would use it too quickly across my cheeks and I now have broken capillaries across my jawline. It will cost about 100 bucks to fix, which is a pain. Learn from my experience, use this tool gently! Especially on delicate skin. I got on birth control at the same time as I got my clairsonic, so I think it was the pill that is responsible for clearing my adult acne. Overall the Mia is great for removing makeup and brightening up my skin, but sometimes it seems like more trouble than its worth.

Bought the Mia2 from Sephora on July 2nd.  Was told by the sales lady about the initial purge that MAY happen.  I explained the fact that at 43, I am still breaking out every once and a while....and I was worried how bad the purge might be.
She said 'it might happen' but to stick with it because once it was over, my skin would be fantastic!!

The first 3 days my skin felt great (using it once daily at night) very clean and it took all my makeup off !  Loved it...and then...BOOM!

My face started to break out in tiny little oil pimples.  Not white heads, but oil filled pockets that started to spread.  By the end of the week I counted over 25 oil filled pockets and cysts.  I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to leave the house, and had to use twice the amount of makeup I would normally put on to cover everything up.
Thank goodness I was on holidays at the time because I didn't want to go anywhere or see anyone.  I felt like I was 15 again.

I read up on Clarisonic and other people's initial purges.  I took their advice to use it
every other day...then every three days...then went down to once a week.
Each time I used it, my face produced immediate oil pockets of never ending oil.

I finally stopped using it after 6 weeks of hell.  Should I have stuck with it longer?
I felt so bad about how I looked I just couldn't do it!!

In one week of not using it, all my 30 pimples have stopped producing oil...there are some red marks, and lots of scars and scabs.  Each day my face improves, and I feel a little better about going to work.  Packing on tons of makeup during +35 weather was not my idea of fun with my oily skin.  Yes, my holidays kinda sucked because I was so self conscious .... but live and learn I guess.

I really wanted this to work for me because all my friends who own one have glowing beautiful skin.   Returned it today ... Sephora gave me a full refund since Clarisonics have a 90 day return policy.

I feel it does nothing for my skin, I haven't noticed any change AT ALL although i've had it for 7 months. It wasn't worth the money for me :(

I thought the Mia was the best thing since sliced bread and bought one for my sister too. This year though I discovered oscillating brushes that are about 1/2 as cheap and as good so I would have bought it again if not for the price. You can get an oscillating brush for less than $70 now and they throw creams in there. Here is an example of such a deal I found on groupon: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-silkn-facefx-antiaging-led-handheld-facial-device-and-hydrating-serum

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought it for $95 on skinstore.com. First few days was pretty great. My skin was super clean but then after a week, it became really dry and flaky. My Esthetician said that she doesn't even recommend anyone to use Clarisonic because it over-exfoliates and we are supposed to exfoliate our skin once (or twice for people with oily skin) a week.
My Dermatologist agreed and she mentioned that it can lead to collagen damage and premature wrinkles due to over-exfoliation. I don't use it everyday anymore and my skin improved. I only use once a week or every other week to prevent excess oil buildup.

I've been using the Mia for about 8 months now and it really is both amazing and disgusting how much makeup is on it after I use it, even when I really thought I had taken it all off. Sort of gives me the creeps to think of all the leftover makeup I had left on my skin before I started using this. It hasn't done miracles for my mild acne but it does make my skin feel softer and smoother, and my makeup and moisturizer seems to go on a lot easier than before, in the dark ages when I washed my face with just my mediocre hands. I think it works best if you use it twice in a row(for two minutes instead of one), but maybe that's just me.

The Mia is a great product. I don't know how it does it, but it works wonders in keeping the skin clean, soft and clear.
I have been using it for a few months and it has really helped to keep my skin clear, reduced the my white heads and blackheads and my skin is soft and trouble free.
I use it at night in the shower and I feel like it really does the job.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools