November 26, 2014 | 1630 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by aphroditeshei24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this a little more than a month and i have not notice any brightness or improvement on any pigmentation on my face. This i assume would take effect if i have used it for longer. I have dry skin and i hoped this would ease the flakiness but it does not do that. I use it at least once daily mostly in the evening to take my make up off thoroughly which it does not do well either. After washing my face i always tone with a cottonpad and on that there would still be make up residue. Im pretty sure im using it the right way as per instruction and YT videos. Its too expensive for a product that is subpar. Bought it because of the hype, again. My only issue is pigmentation and sunspots, i bought this after having watched some YT girls say it help lighten theirs. Most said they had that purging stage, well i experience that too and thought oh this is working but nah. I would have managed with a muslin cloth or some cheaper scrubs. It did not help with blackheads either. I would not suggest this if you have a good skin already. Do not let the hype get you! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE my mia! It's like my child, it is hands down the best skin care product out there. It is pricey but honestly the original mia is good enough. It leaves my face smooth and not just for an hour or two after using it. My skin is ALWAYS soft and glowing. This is one of those products every lady needs!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by cdstegner

The Mia is definitely a splurge but I love mine. It makes your face fell so much cleaner and smoother. I actually bought mine hoping it would help clear up my acne. I am in my late 20's and have always had cystic (deep) acne. It has not been helping with my acne unfortunately, but I still think my skin tone has overall gotten better. My pores have become less visible . I would recommend this product. But if you are like me and suffer from deep and painful acne, don't get your hopes up.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Doody999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm finding the Clarisonic difficult to review. I use it every evening and my skin is smooth but no miracle acne or wrinkle reductions. I think the reason it's so difficult to review is due to the price - it is way overpriced. I shall continue using it and replacing brush heads until it breaks down, but I will certainly not be repurchasing. A good daily microfoliant, such as Dermatalogica, is just as effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by SheSaidTeAmo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the product despite the price due to the fantastic reviews.. I had so badly wanted this to work for me but I'm not sure if it is. I've been only using this for 2 weeks so I might come back and edit this review.

I have been using this twice a day with an organic cleanser. The first two or three days of using this product I thought it was amazingggg. My skin felt so smooth and the bumps on my nose (I think they are blackheads although they don't have black dots on them) as well as blackheads on the area next to my nose visibly reduced after two washes.

However I feel that the product has lost its effectiveness after the first few days :( my blackheads and nose bumps have come back, although not as bad as before (they weren't heaps noticeable to start with but I could always see them clearly when I look up close in the mirror in the morning so it really bugged me).

I think I might be over using the product? I have a sensitive brush which supposedly can be used twice a day.. but now I'm definitely going to drop to once a day to see if my skin will be better. I'm also going to try Paula's AHA lotion after Clarisonic to see if it will get rid of those annoying blackheads!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok I'll admit, I was one of the skeptics of this item. Especially with my super sensitive skin. (I thought this would be something I would definitely need to pass on) My birthday was in January & my sisters & brothers chipped in and bought me one. (my sister had heard me wondering outloud about this & thought it was something I really wanted). I debated returning it...but thought what the heck, I'll give it a whirl and if I hate it (or even if it's just meh) then I'll return it. (They bought it at Nordstrom) Luckily they bought me the delicate head. (which I understand is the softest one)

I am 44 and have mild rosacea which is under control. (no flare ups unless I use a skin care item that irritates it) In my "old age" I have come to understand that less is more with my skin. I pretty much have given up on all forms of manual exfoliation. (too irritating)

I started out using this every other day, which I quickly discovered was too much for my skin. Did I notice a difference right away? You betcha! My skin was VERY soft & smooth. I have figured out that once a week is perfect for my skin. My skin care absorbs much better, I have less flaky skin & my skin is just all around more smooth & soft. I do NOT use the cleanser that they sell with this. I use a very mild cleanser. (currently Paula's Choice) Would I buy this on my own if I hadn't been gifted one? YES!
Overall I really like it. And wouldn't be able to dupe the effects I get with anything else.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kellor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Travel friendly size
Multiple brush heads
Long battery life
Easy to clean
Timer - 1 minute
Waterproof
Sturdy
Deep facial skin cleaner

Cons:
Price - $$$
Limited Setting - one speed
Shape design - the back is rounded and falls easily off counters if you're not careful.

Skin Type Combination, Extremely Sensitive
Coloration Cool toned and very fair

I spoke with my dermatologist prior to purchasing the Clarisonic Mia because I wanted get her advice about the reported "purging process". She told me that people usually confuse "purging" with irritation or an adverse reaction to a stimulant or chemical; she also mentioned that while people can overcome an initial skin irritation, this "purging" should not exceed nor worsen over 3-4 days. If it does, then this product may be too harsh for your skin type. She said that it is likely that people are experiencing an irritation because the Clarisonic is a deep skin cleaner. I was told to be cautious of the cleanser to use with this product, so that I wouldn't go overboard and strip my skin. She said to be thoughtful about the brush head to use and recommended that I use one specifically for my sensitive skin. Since the brush "buffs" your skin, I was instructed to gently use the brush and not add excessive pressure; let the brush do the work. She likes the Clarisonic and has a Mia herself, which she uses once a day, and believes that it is a good skin investment.

I've had my Mia for over a year and have really enjoyed it. The Clarisonic Mia is not an exfoliator. It is a deep facial skin cleaner. I purchased mine for 110.00$ total. God, I know, that is one hefty price tag. I view this as an investment though. I've used the Mia once (sometimes twice) a day since my purchase in late January 2011. This is one very well made product! I have dropped it a couple of times onto my bathroom title floor and it didn't skip a beat. Perfect condition, thank goodness. The rounded back really aggravates me since it slips off of the counter if I'm not careful.

Alight, skin background time. I have combination skin that is unbelievably sensitive. Just about everything under the sun (including the sun) gives my skin a painful rash. My T-zone becomes oily gradually throughout the day, the area around my mouth and my temples are on the drier side, and my cheek and jaw area are normal. I've never suffered from acne, just the occasional blemish, so I didn't purchase the Mia for acne prevention. My skin texture has varied over the years from rashes and my skin is very finicky. I hoped that the Mia would allow for my toners and moisturizers to better sink into my skin and it has yet to disappoint.

My skin products absorb so much better with this lovely little gadget. This has really been nice for my skin. My complexion is brighter and this was an unexpected, but appreciated, result. My skin is still very sensitive and I have red areas here and there, though I anticipated this. If I get a rash or a blemish, my skin usually takes a long time to heal (3-7 weeks). The Mia has helped to speed up this and a blemish or rash will diminish within 2-4 weeks. My pores are slightly smaller and my skin feels less congestive overall. I have no idea if this lessens the appearance of fine wrinkles, since Im only 22 yrs old and wear sunscreen both indoors and outdoors religiously. I believe that my moisturizers and toners can now treat my skin as they're supposed to. Prior to my Mia, products felt as if they sat on top of my skin, rather than being absorbed. I love my Mia and I doubt that Ill ever be without one in the future.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Using the sensitive brush head with gentle circular motion on my face two or three times a week with my fresh soy cleanser from sephora has made a massive difference to the health of my skin. It's brighter, clearer and smoother!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by vanilla1202

if you want better textured skin, to promote healing breakouts and to give your creams/serums a chance to really work, go buy this. the MIA is $30 cheaper than the regular Clarisonic and there are bunch of cute colors to choose from. change your brush head (it comes with one) every 3 months and use at least 3x a week

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by hags101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, let me tell you that I have several of these types of face brushes. I will explain each of them and compare them to the Mia which I prefer. The Olay Pro X and DDF Revolve are the same except that the DDF has a sponge attachment for use with their microdermabrasion scrub (baking soda). The heads for the Pro X and Revolve fit on either unit (tried them myself!). They are nice devices to use for scrubbing my face (note: review for the brush attachment on DDF not for the sponge attachment), although my sensitive skin can get raw from these brushes if used for too long and my skin starts to get dull looking after 3 months use of either of these units. I was disappointed because both the DDF and Olay unit did not keep my stubborn clogging pores clean any differently than with my oil + emulsifier cleanser alone. Now for the CLARISONIC MIA: with the SENSITIVE BRUSH HEAD that came with the unit - it made my skin feel softer than the Olay or DDF units. Unfortunately with the sensitive head brush my pores started clogging again after 3 months similar to using my oil + emulsifier cleanser alone and the sensitive brush head felt slightly scratchy on my face. I purchased the DEEP PORE BRUSH HEAD and have not looked back since! This brush head makes my skin feel cleaner deeper down, it is gentler on my skin, and once I worked up to using it 2x a day the FLESH COLORED TINY BUMPS ON MY FACE HAVE DISAPPEARED! I started working my way to using this 2x a day by using it 1x day for 2 weeks, than 2x a day a couple of days a week for a month. This is how I use the clarisonic mia: I sweep each area of my skin in a circular motion ONE time and I only lightly touch the unit to my skin. If I used it to scrub my face (scrubbing harder or circling it over and over each spot) my skin would be red and raw (as with any of these types of devices). I also love that the unit is waterproof and rechargable! I never see other units that are rechargable! The charge usually lasts 5 days or more with using it 2x a day. I either use the Mia to work in my oil cleanser + emulsifier (oil on dry skin and use the unit to massage) or I wet the head (dip it into clean water on my hand) and massage it to clean my pores deep down and get the oil cleanser + emulsifier off. I can even use glycolics and fruit acid masks with the Mia and I have somewhat sensitive skin that reacts to products often. I just wait for a little before applying the acids after I have used the Mia.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No