September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by princesstabitha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MY HAIR LOVE THIS STUFF AND IT FEELS GOOD ON MY SKIN I LOVE THE SWELL =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by klsk

I think that in order for this product to effectively work you need to figure out how much of the oil to use. I have thin hair just past my breasts and use about a tablespoon each time I wash my hair. I don't apply it all at once, instead a little at a time while it dries. Its also good to put some in a small container to keep in your purse and travel with you. It sounds like a lot of work but I think if you want great hair this is a great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

i don't get the hype about this. t dosnt do much,its jus an oil and there are better ones out there. would not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by kisshuglove1

This stuff is amazing! It leaves my hair feeling soft, soft soft, which is really good because my hair is generally very dried out. It's a good treatment for damaged hair. The only con i'd say is the price, it's is expensive, but in my opinion it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Kooba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product especially in the winter. Smooths down my fly aways and a little goes a long way! Absorbs quickly and doesn't make your hair look greasy. The smell reminds me of fresh laundry!

Not a real fan of the packaging. I find it awkward to get out, and I usually get too much. A pump would be so much more convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by smel84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great for dry damaged hair. It helps restore the luster and shine and not to mention the manageablilty and strength. This is an overall great product

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by rahrahlane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most obnoxious smelling product. Why in the world would they put such a strong odor in such a good product? Covering something? It took me two washes to get it out. I gave it a three because it worked very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jacquelina23

I got this oil as a gift and I love the smell, I massage it on the ends of my hair, if I put it too close to my scalp I get the greasy hair look, I can apply it on either dry or wet hair and it leaves it incredibly soft and silky. I think the best thing about this product is the smell, it lasts all day and then some, I get compliments all the time from people wanting to know what perfume I'm wearing, and I don't wear perfume! They should definitely change the packaging though as it can come out really fast or too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by LauraAshely

I love the MoroccanOil. I have used many other products on my hair and I haven't been able to find one that makes me like my hair until I was recommended this by my hair stylist. I was skeptical about buying it considering the price and my other failed attempts at product usage, but after using this I have seen a dramatic difference in the texture of my hair. I have thick, natural curly hair and it drys out very easily. This product makes for an easier time styling my hair and I feel as if my hair is healthier all together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What more can I say about this product that hasn't already been said? Thanks to a wonderful and absolutely sweet MUAer, I received the travel size bottle of this product in a swap and while I'm often pretty skeptical where hair products are concerned, Moroccanoil is amazing!

Yes, it is expensive. I haven't tried Josie Maran's take on argan oil but that is the only other argan oil product I can think of with such an extremely high price point. And yes, the travel bottle is inconvenient as it is a pour bottle and there were occasions when I got more product than I needed. And yes, there are 'cones' galore and if you want to avoid those, don't go near this stuff. Lucky for me, my hair adores 'cones' and I don't seem to get very much build up that can't be fixed with a good shampoo. But all of these concerns went right out the window when I applied some of this to my damp hair and then brushed it out.

The smell is lovely and not overpowering, somewhere between vanilla, incense and what I imagine must be the actual argan oil scent itself. It is really concentrated and even my ridiculously absorbant hair didn't require very much. After I massaged it in with my fingertips then brushed, I just let my hair dry naturally and the end result was the cat's pajamas! I couldn't stop running my hands through my usually coarse, dry, frizz-prone and product-sponge hair!

My shoulder length, dry hair that's prone to split ends and frizz felt fabulous and was definitely shinier than usual. It didn't feel weighted down or heavy, but light, moisturized, soft, silky and healthy and the smell was subtle enough to not interfere with my perfume... And blends nicely with Ajmal and Montale frags. :)

I was so impressed that after I used up the smallest bottle (which took me four or five months), I invested in the largest professional size bottle. It is the 200ml size and comes with a pump for much more manageable dispensing and application, and I also didn't have to pay the full price as I found a reputable seller on Evilbay and even got free shipping, which took the edge off for sure.

I'm also trying out the Sally Beauty Supply argan oil line from One n' Only side-by-side with Moroccanoil as I got the trio of shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning masque free with the purchase of a curling iron during a December promo (and they're normally half the price of the Moroccanoil version since I have to reign in my c/d habit where I can lol), and I picked up their version of argan oil treatment to try as a comparrison. It is quite good for almost 1/8th the price, and while One n' Only's effects don't seem to last quite as long in my hair, the fragrance is more floral and stronger and the product seems a bit thicker for some reason which means I get more out of the bottle sometimes than I'd prefer, it is a good alternative and works wonderfully in my daughter's waist-length, wavy and frizz-prone hair and I don't have to go through my Moroccanoil quite as quickly between the two of us. It's certainly almost as good, and for the price you really can't go wrong with the One n' Only line if you want travel-safe packaging or don't want to pay Moroccanoil's prices.

But back to Moroccanoil. If I could give this product an eleven, I would do so without a doubt. Again, it was quite the investment, but I only need one or two pumps with each use and imagine the bottle will last me forever. It is rare that a hair product all but leaves me speechless and in delighted shock, so hats off to you, Moroccanoil, for being everything I'd hoped you'd be and more, and thanks to that fateful swap with an awesome MUAer who introduced me to such a fantastic product that just didn't play nice with her hair. I owe you! It is an expensive infatuation, but worth every penny. :)