September 23, 2014 | 910 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I would not recommend this if you are oily. On me, it looked like I had oil on my skin and flashing as a disco ball. It is supposed to be natural looking but I have not seen someone with that much shine, except in the movies and when they are from another planet. NC30 is my color in MAC but the NC30 in this line made me look ghosty. Not a good foundation for taking pics either. If you use a flash, it flashes right back on the camera. NOT RECOMMENDED!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by hottnspicy839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I really really loved this foundation when I went to the MAC counter and had it applied to my face to match my color. The woman gave me two samples to take home with me. The color match for me was NW25 and it was the perfect match which I have never found in my life until now. Also a little goes a long way with this stuff. I used about a pea size to cover my entire face and my face just looked completely flawless when I applied this. And let me just say, when I was in pictures while wearing this, my skin looked absolutely amazing and just glowing. Unfortunately about after a week of using this stuff, my face broke out so bad, it was insane. I sometimes have breakouts, not very often, and when I do, I get like 2 pimples on my face, this broke out my entire chin and around the corners of my lips along with my cheeks!! So, that was the end of that. I rate this a 3 because if you have really amazing skin and its not sensitive, then this foundation would be amazing for you, and let me just say that this foundation is for DRY skin, so just keep that in mind. But overall, this just isn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Talste

I really wanted to love this product, Unfortunately for me I break out in little red dots if I wear this for 2 or 3 days in a row. Also living in a sub tropical climate it just melts right off unless I'm in an air conditioned environment. Plus although it looks great & matches my skin tone perfectly I find it photographs white. It's a shame as I usually love all things MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by GypsyRoseRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using nothing but Bare Minerals powder for five years, I decided to give this liquid foundation a try for times I need a little more coverage. I use the MAC 190 foundation brush to apply and blend it, and the results are very polished and even. It stays put and doesn't irritate my sensitive combination skin, gives a little extra coverage but is light enough that it looks natural. The packaging is simple and straightforward, but this product is a repeat buy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by dorsia

I just purchased Mineralize Satinfinish and was surprised to learn that I had to go down a shade - from NC20 to NC15. The 20 didn't blend in as perfectly as expected, but the 15 disappeared and gave a nice glow. Meanwhile, I'm still an NC20 concealer! Strange. If you're interested in buying this foundation, be sure to try different shades. The formulation is different, my MA explained, and it helps to play around instead of just blindly buying your regular MAC shade.

I like the glowy, dewy finish; I don't find it chalky or dry. I don't tend to wear foundation every day, and I almost feel like this isn't an everyday product. I like it at nighttime, when it makes my skin look perfect and almost hyperreal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My HG! I love this! I exchanged my Studio Fix Fluid foundation for this product because the Studio Fix was way too thick and dry for me. Anyways, the MA at a different MAC store told me that this would work better and it's amazing! I love how it comes with it's own pump too. I'm an NC30 with combination skin (more dry than oily) and just a little of this foundation does the work. I finish my foundation off with an MSF (Global Glow or Medium Plus) and my makeup looks absolutely flawless. And it's great that I haven't gotten any breakouts from this since my skin is acne-prone too. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a young, fresh, glowing look. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, even though I work as a makeup artist, I just recently started to use this foundation, isn't that funny? I never wore foundation before Mineralize, and I LOVE IT! I am a NC 30, I am very olive and very acne-prone, and this makes my skin look FLAWLESS. I love, love, love this foundation. You really only need the littlest bit of it because it is really good coverage and blends down really smoothly. I never wanted to use a liquid because I was always afraid of it breaking me out, but I having been using this for 2 months now with awesome results! It gives your skin a nice, fresh dewy glow, too. Another great product for MAC, what else can I say?

EDIT-Still adore this foundation and well into my second bottle. I work for MAC and just wanted to say this foundation isn't meant for oily skin. If you are oily you stick with Studio Fix. Also you only need a half pump/pump to cover you whole face. Any more and you'll risk looking greasy and gross.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

I wanted to love this foundation and I gave it my best shot. Unfortunately, my skin and Satinfinsh do not agree on something and it's not a skin irritation issue. For starters, the MAC rep matched me with NW20. My skin tone is on the cool side with pinkish undertones, and NW20 proved to be a bad match for me. At the counter, under superficial lights, my face looked great. I smiled into the mirror and thought how exciting it was to find a foundation which so wonderfully blended into my skin. During the drive home, I glanced into my rearview mirror and to my shock I saw a yellowish face staring back at me…what the heck? At home, I took a good look at myself in the mirror and decided that the color was definitely off and, in addition, the texture looked uneven. No problem, color can be exchanged and perhaps I needed to blend blend blend the foundation some more. So for the next couple of days, I played with this foundation -- I tried it with a moisturizer underneath and without. I tried it with powder to set it in but nothing would make Satinfinish appear on my face true to its name: "satiny". Now, I didn't expect miracles but I did expect a light-weight foundation which would even out my skin tone. Instead, I find Satinfinish to be difficult to apply, yet it seemed to have blended in so well at the MAC counter. With moisturizer, it seems to spread on my face unevenly, even if I let the moisturizer soak into my skin a bit before I start applying the foundation. Without moisturizer, the foundation seems stiff and difficult to spread. I bought Satinfinish because it was recommended to me based on the fact that I have dry skin. Sadly, I will be returning this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Eugeniet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, I got some St Tropez tanner(see my review), and went from a NC15 to a NC30. Obviously none of my foundations were going to work any more, so I made a beeline for my local MAC counter, as I wanted to try the Mineralize foundation - love it. My skin is pretty dry, and this formula seems to suit it, while looking nicely polished. Good medium coverage, and the tone suits my new bronzed complexion. I often have issues with dry patches, but this just seems to glide on. Well worth it, in my opinion. One of the other things I like about MAC are the really friendly and helpful SA's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This foundation is amazing for my skin. The coverage is great, the feel is nice, and the lasting power is very good. I like how this foundation comes in a pump bottle and isn't glass. I use NW15 and NW20 and somehow both shades work on my skin. Would repurchase.

UPDATE: Now that I have tried more MAC foundations I've found that the Mineralize oxidizes like crazy on me. The NW20 oxidizes up to 2 shades darker than my skin is naturally...not cool. Maybe I would wear an NW20 in this formulation during the summer if I were using self-tanner. I do still enjoy the coverage and packaging though.