Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation

3.2

Zinc Oxide, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ptfe, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 6/3/2009 11:31:00 PM

I am regular mineral makeup user (EDM, BM & others) and Maybelline's version is spot on! I actually prefer this to other brands that I have tried. It comes with a brush which I threw out immediately - I only use my kabuki brush my mineral makeup. It has great coverage that you can build if needed. It makes me look fresh and natural and never cakes on me and does not turn orange - I use the lightest shade. I apply first thing in the morning, after I have cleansed, applied rosehip oil & day cream. It lasts throughout the day and does not budge until I remove in the evening. I will definately be repurchasing this product!

on 5/29/2009 4:07:00 PM

great!

Only issue...DO NOT USE THE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE BRUSH.-I know they tried to make a gimic out of it, ooooh, we include your own kabuki brush, do not fall for it, it's awful, I wish they didn't include it. I tried to make it softer by cleaning it in conditioner and soaking it with olive oil, but UGH, worse brush ever.

The coverage is semi, not completely matte, but it gives you a fresh look. I actually like the color selection, I'm pretty yellow-asian-tan, so the one I chose blended really well. And it lasts, I don't have to re-powder myself, I'm kinda addicted to blotting, but I'm a lot less greasy than with my other powders. I think this powder is great for teens or those on the slightly oily side or those with sensitive skin. I have extremely sensitive skin and I'm terrified to try new products, but shocked that it didn't break me out the first couple of days.

I think the price is totally worth it, I would buy it again and again, the best drugstore powder I've used.

EDIT: I started getting into everyday minerals. And I noticed a significant clearing of skin when I used edm. So I started using edm constantly. One day I decided to try this on, and I loved the matte look to it and it controlled my oil VERY well, much better than EDM and it didn't turn orange on me. But by the end of the day my skin reacted badly to this. Little tiny zits started to form on my chin and cheeks. So no, I'm not going to buy this again. But I still like the product but just not for me.

on 5/29/2009 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Like a lot of people I bought this in a kit for medium. I love love love it, I tried the liquid and thought is was good but the powder is wonderful, it doesn't make me break out, it makes my skin flawless even and healthy. The brush is small, but it works for me, and when my smaller ones run out I will be getting more. I also use the liquid with this sometimes when I want more coverage and its also amazing!

on 5/27/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I decided to revise my review on this foundation after using it for some time.

I do like the coverage a lot, it is very buildable. If you plan on purchasing this, make sure you have another foundation brush, since the kabuki it comes with is very irritating and scratchy. With a better brush, it will look great.

The colors run dark, and have the tendency to make your face look dirty if you estimate too dark. If you are very fair skinned, you may have trouble finding a match. Additionally, these have an orange undertone and they might appear more orange if you don't touch up during the day. The stay power is good despite the color change.

After my first run with this, and having to try twice to find a match, I won't be purchasing again, just too many downsides to this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I foolishly bought this product as a replacement when my usual HG brand of mineral foundation ran out a few months ago (Lily Lolo--this can only be purchased online and I was in a rush and didn't want to wait for it to be shipped.) The Maybelline version of mineral makeup was much too dark for my fair skin even though I chose the lightest shade available: initially it was fine, but after about half an hour it had morphed into an extremely dirty looking orange shade. Yuck. The brush supplied with it is also scratchy and does not blend well. Skip this and order from a company that specialises in this kind of makeup; Maybelline's version is a shoddy waste of money.

I've been using light 2 for over 7 months and i love it. I've seen improvements in my skin. My sisters and girl friends all use this make up now. The brush sucks but powder is great :)

on 5/17/2009 4:26:00 PM

I had bought a large size with this but it made my skin ridiculously orange and I hated it. However, after finding the kit (comes with concealer, finishing veil, and foundation) in light, I realized that I had the wrong color and in fact, this works great for me. Not to mention, I got this on sale for $5. It's not the best I've ever tried but for the price, it works fairly well. I personally love the concealer and finishing veil. The foundation is not bad either for what I paid for. I will probably be trying more powder foundations as this was something that was good but not HG.

on 5/16/2009 10:01:00 AM

Don't buy this mineral powder expecting quality. It's a terrible powder that isn't pure minerals and most definately has some sort of cheap filler. It cakes and ages you. It turns orange after a while and comes with a terrible coarse brush. When it comes to mineral foundation, i think price is indicative of quality. So shell out for a better quality product, make sure there are no fillers like bismuth or talc in them.

on 5/15/2009 4:15:00 AM

NW20/FFF skin coloring & Light 2 is a perfect match. I have combo skin that is prone to clogging (blackheads, not acne). I personally like this product a lot. I've been using it since the middle of February w/ no skin issues (I've actually noticed a clearing of my skin. I don't have acne, but I do have blackheads). I don't think this "fixed" my skin issues, I just think all the stuff I was using before (liquid foundations) were clogging my pores. I did go through about a month of not wearing ANY foundaiton ever prior to starting using this stuff. The coverage is light buildable to medium. The brush that comes w/ it SUCKS; don't even bother w/ it. I use a kabuki to apply a light layer for my daytime face, spray w/ mark's mist opportunity spray, let dry, then apply the veil (finishing powder) lightly. I find this stuff is also great for oil control. While I don't have overly oily skin, it does get kind of icky/gross feeling as the day wears on w/ liquid foundation. Not with this stuff, though. I originally purchased this in a kit w/ the liquid concealer, veil/finishing powder, the foundation, and the (worthless) kabuki brush) for $14 @ CVS (not on sale). I have since purchased the bigger/full sized containers of the foundaiton & the veil/finishing powder. Hope this review helps someone!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have the foundation in Medium 1. It's perfect for my skin tone. It gives a medium to full coverage. You don't need to reapply much throughout the day. It doesn't wear off that much. I only reapply if I'm going somewhere after school or something. The packaging is okay, I guess. The plastic container is very easy to carry around. The kabuki brush it comes with works okay but I suggest buying a better one. The kabuki brush it comes with gets softer after every wash. It took me about 3 washes to get it feeling okay for my face.

Overall, good product. I'd definitely buy again(: