November 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to revise my review on this foundation after using it for some time.

I do like the coverage a lot, it is very buildable. If you plan on purchasing this, make sure you have another foundation brush, since the kabuki it comes with is very irritating and scratchy. With a better brush, it will look great.

The colors run dark, and have the tendency to make your face look dirty if you estimate too dark. If you are very fair skinned, you may have trouble finding a match. Additionally, these have an orange undertone and they might appear more orange if you don't touch up during the day. The stay power is good despite the color change.

After my first run with this, and having to try twice to find a match, I won't be purchasing again, just too many downsides to this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I foolishly bought this product as a replacement when my usual HG brand of mineral foundation ran out a few months ago (Lily Lolo--this can only be purchased online and I was in a rush and didn't want to wait for it to be shipped.) The Maybelline version of mineral makeup was much too dark for my fair skin even though I chose the lightest shade available: initially it was fine, but after about half an hour it had morphed into an extremely dirty looking orange shade. Yuck. The brush supplied with it is also scratchy and does not blend well. Skip this and order from a company that specialises in this kind of makeup; Maybelline's version is a shoddy waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by holaitsashley

I've been using light 2 for over 7 months and i love it. I've seen improvements in my skin. My sisters and girl friends all use this make up now. The brush sucks but powder is great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by akau

I had bought a large size with this but it made my skin ridiculously orange and I hated it. However, after finding the kit (comes with concealer, finishing veil, and foundation) in light, I realized that I had the wrong color and in fact, this works great for me. Not to mention, I got this on sale for $5. It's not the best I've ever tried but for the price, it works fairly well. I personally love the concealer and finishing veil. The foundation is not bad either for what I paid for. I will probably be trying more powder foundations as this was something that was good but not HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by lilrusty

Don't buy this mineral powder expecting quality. It's a terrible powder that isn't pure minerals and most definately has some sort of cheap filler. It cakes and ages you. It turns orange after a while and comes with a terrible coarse brush. When it comes to mineral foundation, i think price is indicative of quality. So shell out for a better quality product, make sure there are no fillers like bismuth or talc in them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn88

NW20/FFF skin coloring & Light 2 is a perfect match. I have combo skin that is prone to clogging (blackheads, not acne). I personally like this product a lot. I've been using it since the middle of February w/ no skin issues (I've actually noticed a clearing of my skin. I don't have acne, but I do have blackheads). I don't think this "fixed" my skin issues, I just think all the stuff I was using before (liquid foundations) were clogging my pores. I did go through about a month of not wearing ANY foundaiton ever prior to starting using this stuff. The coverage is light buildable to medium. The brush that comes w/ it SUCKS; don't even bother w/ it. I use a kabuki to apply a light layer for my daytime face, spray w/ mark's mist opportunity spray, let dry, then apply the veil (finishing powder) lightly. I find this stuff is also great for oil control. While I don't have overly oily skin, it does get kind of icky/gross feeling as the day wears on w/ liquid foundation. Not with this stuff, though. I originally purchased this in a kit w/ the liquid concealer, veil/finishing powder, the foundation, and the (worthless) kabuki brush) for $14 @ CVS (not on sale). I have since purchased the bigger/full sized containers of the foundaiton & the veil/finishing powder. Hope this review helps someone!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by princessayleen

I have the foundation in Medium 1. It's perfect for my skin tone. It gives a medium to full coverage. You don't need to reapply much throughout the day. It doesn't wear off that much. I only reapply if I'm going somewhere after school or something. The packaging is okay, I guess. The plastic container is very easy to carry around. The kabuki brush it comes with works okay but I suggest buying a better one. The kabuki brush it comes with gets softer after every wash. It took me about 3 washes to get it feeling okay for my face.

Overall, good product. I'd definitely buy again(:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessibean

I have this in light 5 or something, and although the colour did not match my skin whatso-ever, I really liked the texture and the way it felt. I will buy this in my proper colour for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by decaycouture

Good product that goes smooth on face. Works good on sensitive skin. I bought this in "translucent" and it was too white for my complexion.
I don't really care for the container it comes in though, it's hard to get the powder to the top part,then when it finally comes out theres too much. I also don't use the original brush because its too coarse.
I wear contacts so I stopped using this product because the powder is so loose that it sometimes falls in your eyes. I now use a different one from the Mineral Power line , since I still like the way it makes my skin feel, and this line really has improved my skin. I have eczema, and redness. Mineral Power does wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by ttsao0423

This product is amazing! Because I am a student and am running around the school all day, i needed an easy to wear product. It is very easy to apply in the morning, wont melt off your face, gives you a medium-full coverage, and still remains light weight! This foundation also comes with a kabuki brush, but i do not recommend using it because it is very rough on your skin.