July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fabulous product. Keeps my pores from looking gigantic, and I rarely ever have to use powder during the day anymore. I use it under my Makeupforever foundation, and it's a great combo. Also, my skin tends to break out with anything, but this doesn't bother it at all. Will fork out the money for this one again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by jencas

I bought the travel size at Sephora just try try it out to see if it will really compliment my skin. I've been using it for almost a week now and I am definitely loving the awesome results when combined with my Mac Studio Fix. It is very light and does not cause me to breakout. I am going back next weekend to purchase the full size bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by abbybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I debated getting this primer since I had such a horrible experience with the original photo finish primer. This one is a creamy white consistency and seems like moisturizer initially. However, upon application it absorbs nicely into my skin, doesn't ball up like some other primers and provides a nice smooth canvas. My foundations (mmu powder and regular liquid) lasted longer and the color stayed truer. I also found I had to only blot once or twice during the day which is great for my oily skin. Would definitely recommend for oily skin gals!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by valtan67

This is the best primer for my skin type. I have used Mercier in the past however it broke my skin out.
Smashbox is fantastic, it makes my foundation glides on effortlessly. Plus even though I have enlarged pores and chicken pox scars by my cheeks, random people have commented on how beautiful my skin looks.
I have purchased the pump upon recommendation from BA at Sephora and will purchase again and again. This product has become a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by nicole_volch

I love this stuff! It goes on smoothly--although it does take a bit more than I think it should at once--and keeps my skin looking dramatically more even than it has before.
This is definitely worth the money. Plus, I love the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Aline7

Ok I had been using smashbox primer (original one) and it left my skin oily.

My skin is NW20 and I have combo/oily T zone skin and am acne prone.

I tried Mac Prep Prime Skin as well and it was alright but not as good as this new stuff in the 'light' formula.

Smashbox light really makes my foundation go on well and helps with the oiliness. However this is not a miracle in that you still have to blot your face during the day (if you have oily or combo skin). If you have the money I would get this for sure as it really helps.

However if you just want to control oiliness and want something that is a bit cheaper....get Mac Matte. It really helps and you just have to apply it in the problem areas.

OVERALL, Smashbox light is better than the original formula (original formula is better for mature skin in my opinion which tends to be dryer). I would recommend this to everyone. Also, I like how you can see how much is left in the bottle (this is not so with Mac Primers which are in opaque containers).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by PaperFlowers

I really like this! I have combination, acne-prone skin that I treat with BC pills and 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel. I have many visible pores around my nose. When I apply this on top of my Marcelle Aquarelle Hydrating Fluid (wonderful as well!) and underneath my Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation, I actually have flawless skin. No lie. FLAWLESS, even in ugly flourescent lighting. I have not broken out since using it, and my skin feels more calm and oil is controlled. I still blot, but now I only have to use about 1/2 of a sheet per day (maybe one) instead of two or three. Worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by cuethedivas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It feels really good when I put it on my face and it makes my pores practically disappear. My foundation goes on amazing! And it doesn't rub off like my other primer used to. The only thing I don't like is that I have to use a lot of it. It doesn't spread as good because it's not a really thin formula. But, I love the packaging. I love how it pushes up from the bottom so you're sure to get your money's worth. Especially since this primer is on the more expensive side.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by katield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I debated buying this for a good two months at Ulta and finally gave in. I was expecting it to still make me break-out, look shiny, and not do much of anything else so that I'd be out thirty bucks for nothing. I'm really surprised to say that it works pretty well. I don't get shiny at all when I use it and I've yet to break out. I don't think it does as well of a job of smoothing out my skin-tone as the original, but the benefits more than make up for it. I just hope I don't use it up too soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by escalades

The original Photo Finish primer is too thick for me and I find this one just too light in weight for my skin, it absorbs too easily and doesn't fill in the lines and creases. It doesn't work against my skin, it just doesn't smooth the lines and pores like BE Prime Time does. I am not going to be purchasing this again.