October 24, 2014 | 934 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff, great for oily skin. I will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this a try because I need products that don't clog pores and are oil free. I didn't like this primer at all. This didn't make my make up go on any better and it didn't help with the staying power. Didn't do anything for my pores. I found a lot of the time it didn't moisturize enough for me and I would have dry patches on my skin. It sort of felt like I was smearing elmer's glue on my face. For the $48 dollar price tag this was a BIG let down and waste of my money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

**ETA** 05/27/2008 As much as I LOVE the feel of this stuff on my skin, it gave me cystic acne. I had to discontinue use and when I did my skin cleared right up. That sucks. I liked this stuff. Now I use it as a hand lotion.

To be totally honest, I have no idea if this stuff minimizes my pores or helps my foundation stay on. I usually just use a dusting of loose powder instead of foundation.

I love the buttery, velvet touch this gives to my skin. I have dry skin and accidently picked up the light version of Photo Finish. But I love the light too much to even think about switching to the regular.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fabulous product. Keeps my pores from looking gigantic, and I rarely ever have to use powder during the day anymore. I use it under my Makeupforever foundation, and it's a great combo. Also, my skin tends to break out with anything, but this doesn't bother it at all. Will fork out the money for this one again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by jencas

I bought the travel size at Sephora just try try it out to see if it will really compliment my skin. I've been using it for almost a week now and I am definitely loving the awesome results when combined with my Mac Studio Fix. It is very light and does not cause me to breakout. I am going back next weekend to purchase the full size bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by abbybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I debated getting this primer since I had such a horrible experience with the original photo finish primer. This one is a creamy white consistency and seems like moisturizer initially. However, upon application it absorbs nicely into my skin, doesn't ball up like some other primers and provides a nice smooth canvas. My foundations (mmu powder and regular liquid) lasted longer and the color stayed truer. I also found I had to only blot once or twice during the day which is great for my oily skin. Would definitely recommend for oily skin gals!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by valtan67

This is the best primer for my skin type. I have used Mercier in the past however it broke my skin out.
Smashbox is fantastic, it makes my foundation glides on effortlessly. Plus even though I have enlarged pores and chicken pox scars by my cheeks, random people have commented on how beautiful my skin looks.
I have purchased the pump upon recommendation from BA at Sephora and will purchase again and again. This product has become a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by nicole_volch

I love this stuff! It goes on smoothly--although it does take a bit more than I think it should at once--and keeps my skin looking dramatically more even than it has before.
This is definitely worth the money. Plus, I love the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Aline7

Ok I had been using smashbox primer (original one) and it left my skin oily.

My skin is NW20 and I have combo/oily T zone skin and am acne prone.

I tried Mac Prep Prime Skin as well and it was alright but not as good as this new stuff in the 'light' formula.

Smashbox light really makes my foundation go on well and helps with the oiliness. However this is not a miracle in that you still have to blot your face during the day (if you have oily or combo skin). If you have the money I would get this for sure as it really helps.

However if you just want to control oiliness and want something that is a bit cheaper....get Mac Matte. It really helps and you just have to apply it in the problem areas.

OVERALL, Smashbox light is better than the original formula (original formula is better for mature skin in my opinion which tends to be dryer). I would recommend this to everyone. Also, I like how you can see how much is left in the bottle (this is not so with Mac Primers which are in opaque containers).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by PaperFlowers

I really like this! I have combination, acne-prone skin that I treat with BC pills and 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel. I have many visible pores around my nose. When I apply this on top of my Marcelle Aquarelle Hydrating Fluid (wonderful as well!) and underneath my Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation, I actually have flawless skin. No lie. FLAWLESS, even in ugly flourescent lighting. I have not broken out since using it, and my skin feels more calm and oil is controlled. I still blot, but now I only have to use about 1/2 of a sheet per day (maybe one) instead of two or three. Worth the money!