August 20, 2014 | 1114 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A total multi purpose product! Good for cheeks, eyes, and nose. Superb!! It's a golden, healthy, dewy glow (maybe the slightest hint of pink-could be what makes us look healthy?). It's extremely better than MAC's Belightful, which is chunk full o' glitter. This gives you that nice pop on your face. Of course like with any MU product don't over abuse or you'll look strangely metallic. I use it over nearly every blush but hey I love me some shimmer!! Definitely worth trying....then buying! For reference I'm an NC40, Hyper real 300, LORAC SMS 5, MUFE HD 140, Cover FX M50.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Cug198

WOW. I finally bought this after all the rave reviews. This is my first Nars blush/highlighter. I wore it out today, I buffed it onto the apples of my cheeks, around my eyes and the tip/bridge of my nose. Out of nowhere a co-worker tells me how jealous she is of my beautiful skin - she wasn't aware that I had on makeup at all. Her reaction blew me away.

This highlighter is HG status - I am so happy to have it. I am a Nars fan now. I am seeing what all the hype was about!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I don't own this highlighting powder (its not really a blush!), but my friend does and I've always used hers when we get ready to go out together (cus you seriously can never finish it). It gives this gorgeous illuminating glow to any complexion, and even though i don't use foundation or loose powder, this one is definitely something I would use to get that "i sleep 8 hours per day and drink 8 glasses of water" glow. Very very pretty. The packing isn't that creative - just regular Nars packaging. There's also a blush/highlighting duo, which is even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by i_am_a_racoon

I love this. I have it in the Orgasm/Albatross duo. (Perfect duo, imo. - if you can't find it, they also have it in the bridal palette).

I use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones and sometimes as an eyeshadow.

It is MAC Vanilla pigment in a pressed form. So, for days when you are traveling, take this instead of the pigment for a no-mess trip.

It shows up on me as a pink-gold shimmer. I have med/olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is hands down the best powder highlighter I have ever used. It melts into the skin, giving your face the perfect candlelit glow. I love it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this and use it everyday no matter what blush that I am wearing. I hightlight it on the top of my cheekbone and it gives the most beautiful glow.
I knew that i loved it when I saw a picture that someone had taken of me. I had this natural glow that I'd never seen before. I kept staring at it and realized that it was Albatross. From then on I have never left the house without it. It makes the most beautiful subtle difference. But don't pile it on. Use lightly.
Don't be afraid ladies. At first I was not sure how to use it but now I am in love. Use it on the inner corner of your eyes too!!

EDIT--2 months later and I am still using this everyday. I love it. Will never go without it again. LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this on a whim today and thought nothing would show up on my NW45 skin. So wrong! This made me look like I had an inner glow. I don't know how NARS does it. Maybe it's the finely milled shimmeriness. But their blushes are the best. I love it when I step out of my comfort zone and am rewarded.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am MAC NC10
I wish that I would in love with Albatross.
I did try this at sephora(SA did apply it on my face as high lighter ),
it's looked very bright up my face and I loved it! so I bought it . after couple hour, I checked my face at caffe shop which is outside (under the natural sun light)
my face looked like cyborg & my skin got itchy cuz the Lanolin.
Becca's PSP and Fresh's twilight ( or satin luster ) are much better ,
however it's good for someone who is under 35 years old and want to
be playful style.

I would recommend try it first and see face under the light & under the sun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a nice pale yellow gold color that adds warmth to any face. I don't think I could wear it alone, I do like pairing it with NARS's Orgasm or any other blush that needs a boost. I do think you could find a cheaper alternative if you tried, but this will do for now. I have yet to try it to highlight my brows, sounds like a good idea. I would probably not repurchase because it will last me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Goldylox99

This is an excellent highlighter, and overall multipurpose product. I bought it because of the rave reviews, tried it, liked it, and then it was OBE (or other makeup). After reading about highlighting your face with from temple to cheek to chin in a cursive E (on one side) and 3 on the other side, I pulled Albatross back out. Using my 188 brush and sweeping the highlighter over foundation and blush, it creates a beautiful luminous look that makes me look like I am glowing from within.

I also use this as a highlighter under my brows, and as a calming agent when I apply blush or bronzer too dark. It does a super job of evening out color tones.

This is an excellent product. It still isn't so wonderful that I can't replace it, so no 5 lippie rating. Not quite HQ, but a far step beyond other highlighters (which leads me to ask - why is this filed under 'Blush' and not 'Highlighter'? Inquiring minds want to know! ;-p)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No