NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

Wow... I'm so happy that this works for my medium skin. I never cared for highlighters until I met this beauty. Subtle and sophisticated: if you want lots of shimmer, Albatross is not the way to go.

Some have compared this to MAC's Vanilla pigment, but please note that they are not perfect dupes. Vanilla has the slightest pink tint under certain lighting. It is also frostier, whiter, less yellow; ironically, the subdued Albatross makes me glow more. Although Vanilla is very pretty, I find that it looks artificial when used as a highlighter. You don't need both, but the neat thing about MAC pigments is that there are small samples available.

Albatross is a highlighting blush powder. It is described as a sheer light golden sheen from the Sephora website. In the pan, it looks like a plain white powder with not much shimmer. However, when placed on the cheeks, it delivers a very light golden sheen. First off, I would like to say that I want my highlighter to be super duper shiny and shimmery. Thus, I gave this a 4 because it actually takes more than three swipes to give the shine that is on the below picture. If you swipe just once or even twice, it will almost be invisible on your cheeks. I also have MAC Soft and Gentle MSF and Belightful Iridescent Powder/Pressed. I find that MAC Soft and Gentle is the best highlighter in my standards, Albatross, and then Belightful. This highlighter's texture is smooth and unlike Belightful, it doesn't look blotchy on the skin. It didn't last really long on my cheeks though, so reapplication is a must. I would use this on the highest point of my cheeks, bridge of my nose, temples, chin, and sometimes on top of my blush to make my face glow. The packaging is just like any other NARS product with the black rubbery case, which I like. I personally would not repurchase this product because it takes too many swipes to make me glow. With MAC Soft and Gentle, you only need two swipes and you'll glow like crazy! If you want a subtle highlighting effect, I would recommend this product to you. However, if you want a very shimmery highlighter, I would go for MAC Soft and Gentle instead.
Here is a picture of me wearing NARS Albatross (a lot of swipes):
continued >>

on 3/10/2009 11:59:00 PM

In the pan it looks white, but once on my face its more of a gold highlighter. I absolutely LOVE it. It just cant be beat & i have tried a ton of others. I cant say enough about it, its just stunning.

on 3/10/2009 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So pretty I use it on brides in my line of work and it's the perfect highlighter. It has a pretty off-white, almost gold tone, and it's gorgeous on darker skin tones as well as fair. LOVE IT! AND now they have the Albatross/Lovejoy duo-the best of both worlds (lovejoy is a beautiful bronzed-colored blush).

on 3/10/2009 11:53:00 AM

This is one of the best highlighter's I own, and I own manyy. This and the MAC MSF in redhead are amazing for my NW 30/35 skintone. This gives you the "candle-light glow" I have been looking for in a bronzer with the small gold specks. It is so smooth and does not have chunky glitters (like MAC soft and gentle MSF, or NARS super orgasm) This is a def. must have highlighter!

on 3/6/2009 2:34:00 AM

Ohhh this is my favorite highlighter. Absolutely beautiful when applied on your cheek bones (I use it over Orgasm blush) and it makes your skin GLOW. I have dry/combo skin and I didn't think I could ever achieve such a soft, dewy look to my make-up. The color put me off initially, I was convinced that the white shimmer would make my pale skin ghost white but it didn't, it is very subtle. Had to take a lippie off for the price but the product is quality and is one of the beauty MUST for my make-up arsenal.

on 3/5/2009 7:24:00 PM

This is beautiful. It's pale pale yellow with light golden shimmer and when I wear this I look like my face is being lit by candles everywhere I go. I will use this forever.

on 2/28/2009 5:00:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This was another hype-motivated buy. It was in all the magazines and all the celebs used it to get that elusive sheen to their face. The shimmer is perfect and it is triple milled so the texture is great to work with. The only problem with this is that it leaves me with a very noticable yellow sheen to my cheekbones which looks very un-natural and just plain weird on my NC15 complexion. If you have more of a yellow/olive under-tone I can imagine this works perfectly but unfortunatley I will still have to unt down my HG highlighter.

on 2/27/2009 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Best highlighter I've ever used. Makes you movie star beautiful. I put it on my cheek bones, browbones, forehead, chin, and nose. After trying this I'm hooked and I will never switch. Got it in a swap so price was reasonible :)

on 2/25/2009 9:44:00 PM

Albatross is a highlighter with very subtle golden shimmer. The powder is extremely fine and pigmented. It may seem like very tiny amount of product, but it's packed very densely. I've had it for few months and I've barely broke the surface. I have medium olive skin, and it just gives my skin a very natural glow. It takes no skill to apply, (I'm usually afraid of working with shimmery products). I would expect this highlighter to flatter most skin tones. Definitely would recommend this to someone who wants some healthy glow to their face.

Top Rated NARS Products