October 24, 2014 | 1625 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

Finally....the perfect highlighter. This compact makes my face glow - without the oily effect. This can be used over any blush color to give it that extra "umph..."

Worth every penny....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely HG status. I've been searching high and low for a highlighter that would give you that perfect glow, the kind you see in magazines and this is it! Everything else I tried seemed too frosty or glittery but this really subtle and gives you that airbrushed, lit from within effect. I used it on my friend on her wedding day and it looked amazing on her, both in person and in pictures.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because so many people on the boards loved it. I love it too! I had used several highlighters and always felt like they looked too glittery. This one is more like a pretty subtle shimmer. It gives that candlelight effect. The only negative thing for me is I don't like NARS packaging. It gets dirty looking too easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those m/u products that I didn't know I needed, but once I used it I now can't live without it! I put this on my cheeks after my regular blush and it makes my blush color look so natural and my skin even toned and flawless. I love that the shimmer in it is very minimal, but rather is a sheen that gives me a semi-dewy look. Just became a HG product. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was suckered into buying this by a SA at Sephora. It is very pretty and I could probably use this for the eye area but I just was not impressed with this when using it on my cheeks. I could barely detect the shimmer when using a skunk and when using a more densely packed brush it applied ashy white. I will try to work with this, but its not looking too good.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by star_blueanise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

For reference, I'm a medium skinned asian. I've always perferred matte when it comes to foundation and blushes, because I feel that shimmer shouldn't be so overstated. It must be settled, and if you have a shimmery blush or a shimmery foundation, its definitely too much for me.

None-the-less, i love to highlight. I think highlighting brightens your whole look, and defines your face.This Nars highlighter does exactly what it does! It cant even be called shimmer, it's a golden sheen, that reflects light and makes you look so WOW, it's like having a candle-light walking around you all day long!

Even when you swatch this, it gives you a settle sheen. You use a fluffy, somewhat dense blush, use VERY little of this product at a time (less is more!) and you brush this on your forehead, your cheekbones (make a backward c), bridge of nose (very imp!), a bit on your chin, and most importantly, around your eyes. I dont wear eye makeup, but this in the inner corners, below the waterline and a tiny bit on the lip? makes your eyes POP! You look awake, fresh, and ready to go.

Definite investment, it's somewhat similiar to benefit high beam, but I found with the liquid formula of high beam its really hard to make it look perfect; this with a brush is simplicity and beauty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolutely gorgeous barely-golden highlighter. my only complaint is that it doesn't give me that "wow" factor on it's own. I can't ever wear it without a light spritz of Fix+. For some reason it just looks too powdery and gives me a bit of a white cast even when I've only applied a small amount. Maybe it's coz I'm always layering it over powder foundation?? In any case, with Albatross in combination with a single spritz of Fix+, I feel like I'll never have to stray and explore other highlighters again, it really is that good :) It gives me a gorgeous runway supermodel-like glow, which I've never before been able to achieve with other highlighting products I have tried over the years. Love it and will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A total multi purpose product! Good for cheeks, eyes, and nose. Superb!! It's a golden, healthy, dewy glow (maybe the slightest hint of pink-could be what makes us look healthy?). It's extremely better than MAC's Belightful, which is chunk full o' glitter. This gives you that nice pop on your face. Of course like with any MU product don't over abuse or you'll look strangely metallic. I use it over nearly every blush but hey I love me some shimmer!! Definitely worth trying....then buying! For reference I'm an NC40, Hyper real 300, LORAC SMS 5, MUFE HD 140, Cover FX M50.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Cug198

WOW. I finally bought this after all the rave reviews. This is my first Nars blush/highlighter. I wore it out today, I buffed it onto the apples of my cheeks, around my eyes and the tip/bridge of my nose. Out of nowhere a co-worker tells me how jealous she is of my beautiful skin - she wasn't aware that I had on makeup at all. Her reaction blew me away.

This highlighter is HG status - I am so happy to have it. I am a Nars fan now. I am seeing what all the hype was about!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I don't own this highlighting powder (its not really a blush!), but my friend does and I've always used hers when we get ready to go out together (cus you seriously can never finish it). It gives this gorgeous illuminating glow to any complexion, and even though i don't use foundation or loose powder, this one is definitely something I would use to get that "i sleep 8 hours per day and drink 8 glasses of water" glow. Very very pretty. The packing isn't that creative - just regular Nars packaging. There's also a blush/highlighting duo, which is even better.