October 1, 2014 | 1934 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those m/u products that I didn't know I needed, but once I used it I now can't live without it! I put this on my cheeks after my regular blush and it makes my blush color look so natural and my skin even toned and flawless. I love that the shimmer in it is very minimal, but rather is a sheen that gives me a semi-dewy look. Just became a HG product. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was suckered into buying this by a SA at Sephora. It is very pretty and I could probably use this for the eye area but I just was not impressed with this when using it on my cheeks. I could barely detect the shimmer when using a skunk and when using a more densely packed brush it applied ashy white. I will try to work with this, but its not looking too good.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by star_blueanise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

For reference, I'm a medium skinned asian. I've always perferred matte when it comes to foundation and blushes, because I feel that shimmer shouldn't be so overstated. It must be settled, and if you have a shimmery blush or a shimmery foundation, its definitely too much for me.

None-the-less, i love to highlight. I think highlighting brightens your whole look, and defines your face.This Nars highlighter does exactly what it does! It cant even be called shimmer, it's a golden sheen, that reflects light and makes you look so WOW, it's like having a candle-light walking around you all day long!

Even when you swatch this, it gives you a settle sheen. You use a fluffy, somewhat dense blush, use VERY little of this product at a time (less is more!) and you brush this on your forehead, your cheekbones (make a backward c), bridge of nose (very imp!), a bit on your chin, and most importantly, around your eyes. I dont wear eye makeup, but this in the inner corners, below the waterline and a tiny bit on the lip? makes your eyes POP! You look awake, fresh, and ready to go.

Definite investment, it's somewhat similiar to benefit high beam, but I found with the liquid formula of high beam its really hard to make it look perfect; this with a brush is simplicity and beauty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolutely gorgeous barely-golden highlighter. my only complaint is that it doesn't give me that "wow" factor on it's own. I can't ever wear it without a light spritz of Fix+. For some reason it just looks too powdery and gives me a bit of a white cast even when I've only applied a small amount. Maybe it's coz I'm always layering it over powder foundation?? In any case, with Albatross in combination with a single spritz of Fix+, I feel like I'll never have to stray and explore other highlighters again, it really is that good :) It gives me a gorgeous runway supermodel-like glow, which I've never before been able to achieve with other highlighting products I have tried over the years. Love it and will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A total multi purpose product! Good for cheeks, eyes, and nose. Superb!! It's a golden, healthy, dewy glow (maybe the slightest hint of pink-could be what makes us look healthy?). It's extremely better than MAC's Belightful, which is chunk full o' glitter. This gives you that nice pop on your face. Of course like with any MU product don't over abuse or you'll look strangely metallic. I use it over nearly every blush but hey I love me some shimmer!! Definitely worth trying....then buying! For reference I'm an NC40, Hyper real 300, LORAC SMS 5, MUFE HD 140, Cover FX M50.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Cug198

WOW. I finally bought this after all the rave reviews. This is my first Nars blush/highlighter. I wore it out today, I buffed it onto the apples of my cheeks, around my eyes and the tip/bridge of my nose. Out of nowhere a co-worker tells me how jealous she is of my beautiful skin - she wasn't aware that I had on makeup at all. Her reaction blew me away.

This highlighter is HG status - I am so happy to have it. I am a Nars fan now. I am seeing what all the hype was about!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I don't own this highlighting powder (its not really a blush!), but my friend does and I've always used hers when we get ready to go out together (cus you seriously can never finish it). It gives this gorgeous illuminating glow to any complexion, and even though i don't use foundation or loose powder, this one is definitely something I would use to get that "i sleep 8 hours per day and drink 8 glasses of water" glow. Very very pretty. The packing isn't that creative - just regular Nars packaging. There's also a blush/highlighting duo, which is even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by i_am_a_racoon

I love this. I have it in the Orgasm/Albatross duo. (Perfect duo, imo. - if you can't find it, they also have it in the bridal palette).

I use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones and sometimes as an eyeshadow.

It is MAC Vanilla pigment in a pressed form. So, for days when you are traveling, take this instead of the pigment for a no-mess trip.

It shows up on me as a pink-gold shimmer. I have med/olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is hands down the best powder highlighter I have ever used. It melts into the skin, giving your face the perfect candlelit glow. I love it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this and use it everyday no matter what blush that I am wearing. I hightlight it on the top of my cheekbone and it gives the most beautiful glow.
I knew that i loved it when I saw a picture that someone had taken of me. I had this natural glow that I'd never seen before. I kept staring at it and realized that it was Albatross. From then on I have never left the house without it. It makes the most beautiful subtle difference. But don't pile it on. Use lightly.
Don't be afraid ladies. At first I was not sure how to use it but now I am in love. Use it on the inner corner of your eyes too!!

EDIT--2 months later and I am still using this everyday. I love it. Will never go without it again. LOL