November 23, 2014 | 1132 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Total piece of crap. Got rid of it after a few days of use. And I actually read the instructions and watched youtube videos of people applying foundation with the BB before trying myself. Pink dye made me break out first day of use, and I hadn't changed anything else in my foundation routine. As soon as I stopped using the BB, breakout cleared up! Foundation looks amazing right after applying with the BB, but at the end of the day, OH MY GOD. I was so embarrassed---most of my foundation was just gone and was blotchy, like I'm too cheap to own a proper foundation brush. Horrible product and way too expensive for something that needs to be replaced over and over again. And people with sensitive skin, please proceed with caution. Returned back to Sephora and purchased a Sephora #56 Airbrush for $34.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Azzurra87

Just to start off, i had seen this product everywhere on the internet, i was a bit sceptical as it looked a bit gimici because it was pink and the shape was very cute. But i watched counteless reviews on youtube, and thought why not, just buy it and try it even though it is a bit expensive. Anyway i recieved my beauty blender and i love it!!! There is no other product like it, you cant compare any brush or any other sponge to it. It Applies Makeup so smoothly and so natrually i just love it so much!!!!!

JUST A LITTLE MESSAGE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE DISSING THIS CUTE SPONGE. YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE BEAUTY BLENDER AND DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

This is a great product, one little tip use cold water to wash with clenser not hot water ;) this will make the colour stay much longer. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by andali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know it os expensive, but totally worth it. After 3 years I finally gave in and all i can say it's WOW !!!! My foundation looks flawless( Sonia Kashuk luminous foundation) Gave me perfect coverage, it looks flawless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not find this to be worth the price. Although I don't wear foundation, I do use liquid concealer where needed, and I thought might be a better application tool than my MAC 130. It isn't, however, so I am returning this to ebeauty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ElleBerry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never write reviews on here but I just had to share how much I love the beautyblender, in case it helps someone else discover it! I have very dry, sensitive skin, that can sometimes break out with the wrong products, and also flushes easily (fun I know). I have never been happy with the way my foundation looks, even though I have tried 20+ brands and all sorts of brushes and sponges (and hands). I was reasonably happy with the MAC stippling brush, but as my skin has become more dry, I found that stippling on my foundation was making my skin look flaky and cakey. I was so upset, I didn't know else to try. After reading the reviews on MUA, I decided to purchase the beautyblender online. I was so skeptical, because nothing ever works for me, but I am so pleased to say that this little sponge applies my liquid foundation so well, it blends right into my skin, it's easy to apply lightly or layer for fuller coverage, and it doesn't flake or upset my dry sensitive skin. Make sure you watch the how-to video and dampen the sponge before use. The beautyblender makes my cheap Almay foundation look smooth and even, I love it. Definitely give it a try if you are like me and have always had trouble applying foundation. (I understand some reviewers say it is 'nothing special' but that is probably because they are already super skilled at applying foundation - this is a fabulous tool for amateurs like me!)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by missishii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this sponge!! it is so worth the hype! I bought the beauty blender about a year ago and have been loving it since. It applies my foundation, streak-free and really quickly. And just the tiniest amount covers my face so well. I put little dots of foundation around my face and stipple it around with the beauty blender. And mind you, I own other foundation brushes- mac, sephora platinum #55, a stippling brush etc.. but I keep coming back to this one. The only thing is, if you're not religious with washing your beauty blender it can leave a foundation stain on it. But other than that, amazing sponge- well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by contrariwhys

Worth the hype!
First off, I have tried Ulta's "egg" sponge and Sonia Kashuk's blue peep. I finally decided to take the plunge with beautyblender after getting a coupon for bloom.com. With the discount I was able to get 2 sponges plus other makeup for $20 so the cost ended up being the same as the Sonia Kasuk sponge.

Ulta's sponge was a waste of money IMO. But don't get me wrong I was satisfied with Sonia's sponge. It gave me smooth coverage and a dewy look when I used it damp. However it is much stiffer then the beautyblender and more difficult/awkward to get in the corners of eyes and around the nose. It lasted probably 8 months before it started breaking up.

Onto the beautyblender:
The sponge is extremely soft and flexible and gives a perfect finish when I've used it with liquid foundations. Unlike the Sonia sponge it will easily work under the eyes and around the nose. I cleaned it with some organic face wash which I applied when it was dry, squeezed to a foam, then rinsed. Got the foundation off beautifully but it did release pink dye. Which was odd but not a big deal.

I have a feeling I'll have to care for this sponge I bit more delicately but it's worth it because it performs heads above any other makeup sponge.
I also highly recommend getting the beautyblender two at a time as it's much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an expensive product but well worth it IMO. I have the two pack which is much more economical. My makeup looks flawless when I use my BB to apply. I just put a little foundtaion on the back of my hand, soak it up with the dampened BB and stipple on my face. Its quite quick and easy. I wash mine after every use but it is still stained a bit, which I honestly don't mind.

I have tried the Sonia Kashuk and Ulta knock-offs of this and I can tell a huge difference. They do not compare to the BB.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by taral9587

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best sponge EVER. I never liked applying liquid foundation with a brush, I don't know if I was doing it the wrong way or not but it always came out looking 'mask-like' so I've always used sponges to apply foundation... When I found this and used for the first time I was ECSTATIC! Makes my foundation blend so well and sets a great base for the rest of my makeup. And I love that you can dampen the sponge first it makes such a difference....Totally worth the price in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I finally gave in to the hype and bought the 2 pack since I figured if I do like it, its cheaper in the long run. Its a great tool for high coverage/long wearing foundations. If you wear a lighter foundation I dont think you need this sponge, I've tried it with both maybelline superstay and fit me foundations. It worked really great with the superstay! Great coverage and did not look cakey at all. When I tried it with the fit me I felt that it soaked up a lot more of the product and gave similar results as a good foundation brush (like the sigmax brushes). So overall if you use heavier foundations I think the beautyblender is the way to go =) Oh fyi, its super annoying that such an expensive sponge bleeds pink dye! Hopefully the new beautyblender pure (white) will come in a 2 pack soon.