August 20, 2014 | 1466 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jessiema111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this couple of times and I felt like my pore is getting worse. yes, right after I wash my face, it would look red and would go away after a short period of time, but after the redness disappears, my skin went back to look the way it was. and now I feel like i have more cloged pores than before. will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is indeed very inexpensive but it's just too much for my sensitive skin. I have to be very careful to leave it on for just the right amount of time or it will end up over-drying and causing irritation, leading to new breakouts. By far the worst part about it, IMO, is how much it itches as it's drying, it was just too much to bear for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 12:54:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Read about this being a great natural and inexpensive face mask. Bought a huge container for under $5. First I mixed the clay with water which was a disaster. It was like trying to apply globs of glue onto my face. Horrible. As it was drying I started to feel the pulsating that was described on the container. It was a bit odd but I put up with it in hopes that it was sucking all the gunk out of my pores. After washing it off my face was bright red and stayed that way for about an hour. My skin though was shiny and squeaky clean looking. The next morning I could see that it had forced some clogged pores to the surface which was great. The next time I tried it I mixed in some apple cider vinegar and some honey. That was definitely the way to go. The clay mixed with the vinegar caused it to fizz and then when the honey was added it almost became a whipped, though still dense, texture. I applied it to my face and left it on for about 20 minutes. It didn't dry as quickly on the areas where it was applied a bit thicker so when I washed the mask off I didn't get the full effect of the mask. Face was red like this first time but it felt more moisturized due to the honey I suspect. I'm a fan of the Queen Helene Julep mask but I like this alot better since it's just the clay without added ingredients, except of course the water and the vinegar and honey if you want. This isn't a great fancy item but it does it's job very well and the price and amount you get is great. Don't need another mask besides this one. Will keep purchasing this. Great item.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This is my HG mask. sometimes I have those days where my face just looks dull and my pores feel clogged. So at night before bed i'll put this on for 20 minutes, and im telling you it sucks out everything that's wrong with my skin. The next moring i'll wake up with the smooth, glowing, clear skin. It has never let me down. I love how well it hardens. I always wished there was a mask out there that does what this does but I didnt know it was out there. Im sooo happy I found it. I paid 6 bucks at a health food store. Ive had the tub for like, 6 months now and its still a little over half full. I've started using it sometimes everyday or every other day, to maintain my skin clear. But I have strong skin that isnt sensitive, so if you are sensitive, 1-2 times a week and youre golden. I mix it with apple cider vinegar. My skin is left red for about 10 minutes after I take it off but I dont care cause I know that its that way cause it got all the gunk sucked out of it. I LOVE LOVe this mask. I dont know how I ever lived without it! Oh yeah, and you CANT beat the price!
UPDATE: I'm so in love with this mask. In fact im wearing it right now. I still use it everynight. If I had to pick just 1 thing out of all the hundreds of products that I have, and throw the rest out, id pick this. Truly worth every single freaking, effin penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this from a nice MUA'er, and I love it! First, I wash my face as usual. Then I mix the mask with just water, because my skin is so sensitive, and leave it on for 20 minutes. My skin feels wonderfully soft and deeply cleansed afterwards. I tend to get flaky skin, so I put jojoba oil all over my face after rinsing the mask off. This is a great weekly treatment mask for people with oily/acne prone skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by cuppajean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. It makes my skin glow and removes all impurities. I play around with it by adding different ingredients. This is what I like best so far:

3:1 Apple Cider Vinegar to Water
A DROP of Tea Tree Oil
A few drops of Lavendar Oil

I use this once or twice a week - if you have sensitive skin be careful to leave it on for 10-15 mins only at first:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ticabastos

I first discovered how much my skin loves clay masks when I sampled the mud mask by pur minerals. I would have repurchased it, but at $25 for a small tube, it just didn't seem worth my money--I'm convinced that with many cosmetics, we end up paying for the name more so than the product. Thanks to all of you, I found this product as I searched for an alternative. The clay used in the pur minerals mudd mask product is the same kind of clay found in aztec secret. I love how soft it leaves my skin. I mix it with ACV and have not found this to be the least bit harsh on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by deedrr

This is the only mask i have used that really does pull junk out of your pores. It really tightens your skin (to the point where it is almost uncomfortable) and it gives your skin a nice glow for the next day or two after you use it, Plus it really seems to clear up your skin. Another great thing about this is that you can add whatever you want to it and make your own custom mask. I use 1/2 water 1/2 acv. on a side note, this does make your skin pretty red for a couple of hours but that does go away the glow you get afterwards is worth it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Svetlana7311

Mint julep mask works WAY better than this one. BUT I do like it when mixed with kaolin clay, sulfur, alum (sulfur takes care of blackheads, alum shrinks pores, kaolin makes it not as harsh and drying as it is). And don't get too excited about pulsating, it doesn't pull out anything from your pores if they are really clogged, nothing will (think about extractions or salicylic peels), you feel pulsating just because it dries! You will have the same sensation if you apply any mud on your face, when it dries your face starts pulsating. It does dissolve small blackheads but if I use it mixed with sulfur.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by r2136178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Despite the rave reviews, I really disliked this mask. First of all, the smell is unpleasant because your supposed to mix apple cider vinegar with the clay. I don't find the smell of vinegar to be nice, least of all on my face where I can really smell it. Secondly, the mask dries up so much that it is actually painful for me. Your skin pulsates because the mask dries to the point that it feels like concrete and your skin is being pulled to extremes. Thirdly, once I washed it off, I saw no noticeable change in the appearance or texture of my skin. If I'm going to to through the trouble of mixing it up by scratch, putting up with the bad smell, and enduring pain, I should see some sort of improvement to make it worth my time. For a good clay mask, I like Got2Be's Pure Intent. You can see the oil being sucked up and the smell is pleasant. No pain, either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No