July 28, 2014 | 2088 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Refreshing and effective quick cleanser that removes everything! Well, except my Japanese waterproof mascara, but it wipes every other waterproof product from any department store brand 100% off, including foundation and sunscreen! Feels fresh, a mild scent, and no weird dewy film. I use it when changing makeup to go out and don't want to deal with a full cleansing routine. It's pricey to get here in the US; I paid $48 for 500ml, about 16oz. Also hard to find. I only know one store in Manhattan that carries it. Worth it though, very gentle feeling, and handy when I'm lazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If there is a way to meet with its formula maker, I would like to thank him/her personally. This a big full stop to my search for makeup remover. I have very sensitive eyes when it comes to removing my makeup. This product is a God Send for my sensitive eyes. It is like a plain water - has no fragrance, clear in color, has no density- but works like a heaven. Leaves no residue, nothing really. I even tasted it with the tip of my tongue, didn't like the taste, was bitter! :))

I use it on my whole face. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by kimannj

I do love this. I bought this after reading about it EVERYWHERE and had been trialling a few micellar waters. I asked a friend to pick me some up whilst she was in Paris, and it turned out only to cost £8 for one 500ml bottle!!!! I've been paying £11 for 200ml bottles.

I have mostly trialled micellar waters for sensitive skin, my skin tends to be sensitive in that it becomes red in response to random things I put on my skin. This is great for me, doesn't irritate or dry my skin (combination and slightly oily at times though) and removes eye makeup brilliantly (I don't use waterproof eye make up so can't comment on that).

I would definitely recommend it and will be purchasing it again as it is great for my skin and so cheap. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by mimita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'v been using this for about a month. At first I used it only to clean the makeup off my eyes and for my whole face only when I didn't have foundation on. For that I kept using my Muji oil cleanser. Then I started using it every night, whatever makeup I had to take off, just beacause it seemed very effective and quick. It' the best cleanser I have ever tried and the quickest: you just soak a couple of cotton pad and swipe it all over your face and it takes away EVERYTHING without effort. It doesn't leave any residue. In fact, the sensation it gives is like you have cleansed and washed and toned your face in a single gesture. I do follow with a supergentle liquid cleanser just to be sure any invisible residue comes away, but that's just out of irrational fear, because I've been very acne prone these last two years. My skin is definitely clearing up with this. The only thing it doesn't wipe off completely is waterproof mascara, but I seldom use it and in that case I simply use a specific waterproof cleanser for my eyes. It doesn't have any perfume added, meaning it has a slight chemical smell when you pour it, but that doesn't bother me in the least. I find you need a bit of product to get the job done (I have bought a 500 ml bottle and I have already used up about 1/4), but for me it's totally worth it. They also do very handy travel sizes of 100 ml. I'll always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by marcoleptic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont know if i am the only one who uses this as a facial cleanser as well. I have a dehydrated skin and using several products to cleanse and tone really irritates my skin.I think I am quite lazy as well and I first use it to cleanse my make up and for the second round I clean my face and tone at the same time with the same product. This is my miracle worker and I am on the third 500 ml bottle. Only one product for everything, i know it is hard to believe.I am from Turkey and this is easily accessible in drugstores with a reasonable cost ( $20.) I agree with the fact that cleaning mascara isnt its best suit. But no cosmetic product is perfect and I dont use waterproof mascara and usually apply some water to my eye lashes before I use this to clean my mascara.But as a facial cleanser look no further.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this cleanser to remove makeup and sunscreen, which usually don't come off with just soap and water. I find that this removes easily even the most heavy sunscreen and foundation without leaving my skin irritated, dry or oily. It basically just cleanses, without "messing" with your skin. It has no other actives so it doesn't aim to treat any skin condition.

Right now my skin is normal/dry and I'm on a low dose of Accutane, so most cleansers are too drying for me. There are lots of other brands that make micellair cleansers (cleansing waters) like La Roche-Posay, Vichy, Caudalie, and even drugstore brands like Garnier. Even Sephora launched a micellair cleanser from its own brand. So what makes Créaline special?

First: the price. If you buy it in France, it will be much cheaper than most brands. You can get a 500 ml bottle for about 9 euros. This makes it even cheaper than the Garnier version that is sold in my local supermarket. I am aware that most MUA members are in the US, so it's really hard to find, but if you travel to France, it will be really worth it to buy at least a bottle to try the product.

Other reason: some micellair cleansers have other ingredients that can irritate some people's skin - fragrance, essential oils and even alcohol! Also, some others (like LRP) didn't remove makeup that well.

I don't use it as my only cleanser, though. I found over the last few months (even before using this product) that my skin works better if I use some kind of soap or foaming cleanser - it looks more glowy, less dull. However, I can see that my skin is completely clean after using Créaline, I just like the feel of washing my face with water.

Some people ask in the boards in this cleanser works as an eye makeup remover. Yes, it does. But, if you use lots of eye makeup OR waterproof mascara/eyeliner, you will have to be very careful and thorough with your cleansing, because cleansing water will not remove it immediately. You will need to apply it (with a cotton pad, obviously) a couple of times until it gets completely clean. As I don't use waterproof eye makeup, Créaline works just fine for my eye makeup removal (non-waterproof mascara + pencil eyeliner + sometimes eye shadow). If you use lots of eye MU or if it's waterproof, maybe an oil-based MU remover would suit you best (mineral oil works fine for me, provided that I don't use it on my face, only on my eyes. It removes eye makeup almost instantly. You'll need to wash your face after it, though).

When I use eyeliner on my waterline, be it gel or pencil, Créaline than with other MUis the best remover, it's really gentle and doesn't irritate my eyes at all (I have sensitive eyes due to Lasik surgery a few years ago). I apply some of it on a Q-tip and use it gently along my waterline. It takes everything off. You just have to make sure you didn't leave anything inside your eyes (a little gross, I know, but sometimes eyeliner can get inside your eyes and you'll wake up with that black stuff all over your pillow).

I don't think it's very likely that this cleanser breaks someone out, since it has no clogging or irritating ingredients IMO. However, reaction to skincare sometimes is difficult to predict, so we never know.

Other uses for this product:
- as said below, to cleanse eye MU brushes
- to remove makeup stains from clothes

Anyway, if you find yourself in a place where this product is easily available, specially for a good price (under 15 euros a 500 ml bottle) go for it. It's a great product and it can suit most skin types.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jeanyus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought it after a recommendation on the boards. I was very surprised at how easily my mineral foundation came off - even my eyeliner and mascara! I normally used an oil cleanser that dried my skin, but this one isn't as drying.
I do double check on how clean my skin is after by taking a water soaked cotton pad and drag across my skin. Always clean.
No break outs either.

However, I do not see this lasting very long, so it would get costly over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is quite reactive. I'm acne prone but harsh, anti-acne products always turn my skin red and raw. I've used this kind of cleanser before, by LaRoche Posay, but I was really interested in trying this one after some really good reviews. When I was in France (you can't get it in Holland, only on the web) I just walked into a pharmacy and bought two bottles. And I have to say... It's great. My skin doesn't look and feel irritated, it cleanses like it should (I use another product to clean my waterproof mascara) and it leaves my skin feeling clean and healthy. A cleanser like a cleanser is supposed to be: no frills, just good cleaning. I got two bottles for 20 euros but they are huge 0.5 litre bottles so I think the price is fair. The packaging is just like the product: no frills, only the information you need. A no nonsense product, I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

I don't really use this as a cleanser,just as a make up remover. It's very gente and it doesn't dry me out. The good thing is that Bioderma is very easy to find in México and not expensive at all. I'm already on my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by calsycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

i don't know if anyone has made this point, but in addition to being a good facial cleanser, it works beautifully to clean small ( eg: eyeliner) brushes. just pour a little puddle in your clean palm and swish the bristles around in the liquid. blot dry on a tissue. I clean my brush this way after every use so that it's always clean and good to go.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No