Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 6/13/2012 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is amazing. It is gentle and actually takes off my make up. It also works pretty well as a toner. The only thing is that it doesn't take off waterproof makeup, so I have to get a remover for that, but otherwise love it!

on 6/7/2012 5:32:00 PM

Living in a third world country, I'm used to the unavailability of a lot of brands that are popular in the US and the UK. I've heard about Bioderma quite a bit, but I also read that it was expensive and difficult to find. So imagine my surprise when I discovered I could buy it at Dis-Chem in South Africa and that it was really affordable too! For a brief moment, I wasn't too envious of American ladies with their Sephoras and buy-one-get-one drugstore deals.

At my Dis-Chem, they only stock the 250ml bottle, which suited me, as I didn't know whether I would like it enough to want a big bottle anyway. Now that I've used it, I'm sorry they don't sell buckets of the stuff.

First, a note about my makeup. I wear Max Factor's False Lash Effect waterproof mascara. Nothing will remove this stuff. Other reviews on MUA concur, it's nearly impossible to remove. I've actually ordered a bottle of Sephora brand makeup remover that one lady said worked for her. So I never expected Bioderma to remove my mascara. I currently use 2-3 different oil-based makeup removers plus a facial cleanser to try and get all my mascara off at night. But on the positive side, my mascara never ever smudges.

Apart from my mascara, Bioderma Sensibio H2O removes every trace of my makeup. I wet a cotton pad, press it against my eye, pat it a couple of times, wipe it sideways and my makeup is gone. It also removes all of my Esteé Lauder DoubleWear foundation, which sticks to my skin like concrete.

Bioderma removes even the most stubborn eye makeup (MAC paint pots with eyeshadow over it) with ease. It doesn't cause any redness or irritation on my skin. It doesn't burn my eyes at all. I even use it in the morning when I wake up to freshen up my skin.

It feels just like water and doesn't leave behind any kind of residue. It doesn't dry out my skin, but leaves it feeling soft and clean. I've used it to clean the back of my hand several times during extensive product swatching and it never reddened, dried out or irritated my skin.

The only negative aspect I've found thus far is that it leaves a bitter taste on my lips after I've removed my lipstick.

This is an excellent product, my favourite makeup remover thus far and I will not only repurchase it, I will purchase backups.

Four lippies, because I'm reserving 5 for the makeup remover than will do what Bioderma does and remove my mascara too.

on 6/5/2012 2:27:00 PM

I was curious to see what the fuss is about. So I bought the smallest bottle(very wisely). First time I used it I soaked cotton pads, pressed to my eyelids(just like Lisa Eldridge showed in her Youtube video), and ... it didn't remove my mascara completely. I had to rub and rub till I got my mascara of. Second time I used it, I literally drenched the cotton pads , kept them on my eyelids longer, and ... the same result. Plus- my lids became irritated and started to burn. Then I tried to take my face makeup of with this water, and ... my skin became irritated and red, and I can't call my skin very sensitive per se. So ... to me this product doesn't seem good at all for sensitive skins.

UPDATE!!! (01.03.2013)

I was suspicious, so I bought it again while I was in France. Well, this is completely different product and IT DOES almost ALL what is said on a bottle(except it can't get off waterproof mascara). I DO wonder why there is such a difference with this product in different countries?

on 6/4/2012 5:09:00 AM

Wow after reading all these great reviews about this product, I'm wondering why I don't like this cleanser.

Did not clean my face completely, failed to remove my mascara and left me with black shadows under my eyes from remaining product.

I washed my face three times with this stuff and was still removing mineral foundation. I then went over with a make up wipe and removed heaps more foundation and I just don't wear that much to begin with.

Bioderma just could not remove the stuff. I was left with a burning red face and I can't believe all the swiping I had to do to remove make up was good for my skin.

The only thing I like about this product was it didn't sting my eyes but if its not removing make up whats the point?

I won't be repurchasing. I'd get cleaner if I did just use water.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've already repurchased this, its a great cleanser for my acne rosacea skin. I haven't had any kind of reaction and my skin feels really clean after wards. I still use avene extremely gentle cleanser as well which I get the same results from, but I prefer the micellaire consistency for removing my everyday make up as it lighter than the avene milky fluid which I prefer when I'm wearing heavier make up.

on 6/3/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Not much to add - I use the unscented version and it removes my concealer and powder or mineral foundation easily. I have to use an oil based product to "pre-remove" my waterproof eyeliner. Will continue to repurchase, although I have moved on to the Sebium for my face and now use the Sensibio for my eyes and occasional lip color removal only.
If you have Amazon Prime, you can get a better price and free 2 day shipping.
Not sure if I will buy this again if I can find a micellar that has more natural ingredients, but selected "yes" anyway, as I do think this is a very good product.

on 5/27/2012 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best finds from being on makeupalley!
Bought this back in October last year and have been using it since. On nights where I have a ton of makeup, or on days when Im wearing no mu and too lazy to wash my face.

I have sensitive, acne prone, dry skin and I've found this clenses my face without being too overdrying or overwhelming.

The scent is mild, but doesnt smell like much really.

I personally like it and have recommended it to all my friends and they are happy with it. I find its best with heavy eye mu to soak a cotton round with it and place it on your eye dab dab dab gently wait wait dab dab dab and I find all the makeup comes off even if you have falsies they start to pop off so no tugging or pulling.

I consider it as superwater, it looks just like water but its super at taking mu off !

Lots of love will rebuy!

on 5/20/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

After all the hype around this product i decided to give it a try. I dont usually use cleansers like this i prefer oil or creamy cleansers but i thought to give it a try anyway. its indeed very gentle and non irritating. It looks like pure water has no smell or color. I dont find it to be strong enough to remove my heavy eye make up tends to smear it than removing it. Removes relatively well regular products but i find it quite hard to remove waterproof products like liner or mascara. Comes in a huge bottle but you really need to use a lot of product in order to remove your make up completely. Leaves your skin very fresh and soft doesn't leave any kind of residue behind feels like a toner really . Personally i wouldn't rely just on this to deep clean my face because simply it cant do that. I use it just to take the bulk of make up off and then i use my regular cleanser. If you are someone who doesn't wear tons of make up then this is for sure a very good option since its very gentle. personally i dont think i ll buy it again since i still have to use another cleanser this product seems to me like an extra step that i dont really need to take i just use a creamy cleanser twice and i m good to go.

on 5/20/2012 5:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love the sensitive version- I use it to take off my eye makeup and when I'm lazy face makeup as well. It's gentle on my eyes and it doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin.
It is really expensive here where I live, but luckily I am going to Paris this summer, so I have a plan to go crazy and buy as much as I can carry!

on 5/17/2012 5:01:00 AM

Due to my former job I've worked with lot's of make-up artists. Lot's of them choose to use this cleanser and I understand them why they do it.
I think it's a very simple and enjoyable way to remove your make-up.