Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/15/2008 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a 50ml bottle of this as a GWP. I used this 3 nights in a row and it dried my eyes out so badly that they are still flaking 4 days later! Will never purchase full-size.

on 9/12/2008 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I found almost the same as to Ardens "All Gone", except this leaves a slight greasy residue, which I don't mind but sometimes makes eyes blurry if a bit gets in. It quickly coped with all the waterproof eyemakeup I threw at it without rubbing, was easy to use, didn't irritate my eyes or lose eyelashes. The packaging with the purple bottle and silver is cute too!

The only reason why I probably wouldn't buy again is the price and also I've discovered that a wee bottle of cold-pressed quality vegetable oil works just as good as well as giving me the skincare benefits of moisturising + vitamins. Downsizing skincare = more money for makeup!! My eye area just looks the better in the morning using the oil. Otherwise I thought it a very good product.

on 9/11/2008 12:05:00 PM

I don't know why I have not reviewed this before! I LOVE this stuff! I was using Lancome's eye makeup remover just fine when I was using regular mascara. But I started using waterproof mascara and nothing would take if off!! Lancome's was a huge disappointment when put through the test...and it was expensive! So a friend told me about Clinique's Take the Day Off Eye makeup remover.

All I did was soak a cotton pad and gently rubbed it over my lashes and all the waterproof mascara slipped right off! amazing! no tugging, nothing. I also use lipfinity from max factor that nothing takes off and it works with this product!! came right off!

The price is only about $16! Well worth it!

on 9/1/2008 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is the only eye makeup remover that I will ever use. Why? Because it takes everything off! Why not use one for my lids, lashes and lips? I love how it just whisks away everything. I soak a cotton ball up and use one for each eye, and one for the lipgloss on my lips. I think the greasiness alows it to easily take the day off (LOL). My HG. Try it!

on 8/28/2008 1:38:00 PM

This is the best makeup remover I've used, but then, I don't use that much makeup and don't have extensive experience on other makeup remover. I used water-proof mascara everyday. This can easily get off the mascara, all of it, without leaving any trace behind. I have used a few other brands before but nothing close to this one. All the others I have tried took longer to remove the mascara, and still leave some traces behind. Nevertheless, Take the Day Off is rather greasy compared to the other brands - and hence onl 4 lippie. It doesn't really bother me since a face wash normally follows the makeup removal, and the greasiness is gone after face wash.

on 8/28/2008 10:17:00 AM

I was looking for some remover oil, and I found it in Clinnique webpage, thinking it as a generic remover, I bought it in sephora barcelona, the price was not nice, but it was because here in Europe so much tax added for cosmetics. then I found it was an eye remover! what a pity, i used it very few time, since I dont make up so much the eyes, but compare with other brand, i have to say it is quite smooth, it doesnt cause any irritation to the eyes, and remove quite quick the makeup. also like its package. maybe will buy again but throught internet!

on 8/26/2008 10:44:00 PM

I always come back to this stuff. luckily one comes in just about every GWP so I havent had to buy it in forever but its by far my favorite eyemakeup remover. I shake it up and apply with my fingers and rub the makeup off gently, then remove with warm wet washcloth. i dont pour this into a cotton ball then apply, it doesnt remove the makeup as good and waste product. i can make a bottle last me forever this way.

on 8/18/2008 3:16:00 PM

This is a great remover for waterproof eye m/u and long-lasting l/s shades. I am so glad this doesn't have benzylkonium chloride because I think I am allergic to that ingredient. It was so hard to find replacement eye m/u removers without that chemical...I think this is too strong for daily use, but on the weekends when I get all dolled up, this really does the trick. Doesn't irritate my eyes either.

As others have mentioned, this is very greasy and leaves a considerable film. If that gets in your eyes, be prepared for some blurry vision. But I have noticed that I can rinse off most of the oily residue when I wash my face. I always put eye drops in my eyes before I go to sleep, so that washes out the residue too.

I think this might replace Lancome Bi-Facil as my HG waterproof eye mu remover since it's effective and BC free!

on 8/13/2008 12:19:00 AM

Ive been trying this product for the last few days and I gotta say its pretty damn good at removing eye makeup. It removed the toughest mascara I had that my normal makeup remover had problems with. The only bad thing I could think of was that it leaves a film over my eyes which i have to blink away a few times right after I remove my eye stuff. Other than that, I love it.

on 8/10/2008 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product for removing eye makeup, especially waterproof products. The packaging is great for travel, it has a cap where you need to push down and twist before it opens. It's pretty oily to me and leaves me with a greasy feeling. It's pretty expensive too. I feel that I can find a good enough if not better drugstore brand. I wouldn't buy this again though. I don't wear much eye makeup but I wear a lot of waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It doesn't really get all the mascara and eyeliner off my eye.