November 23, 2014 | 1567 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by WinkieToe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been trying this product for the last few days and I gotta say its pretty damn good at removing eye makeup. It removed the toughest mascara I had that my normal makeup remover had problems with. The only bad thing I could think of was that it leaves a film over my eyes which i have to blink away a few times right after I remove my eye stuff. Other than that, I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by iRahBu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for removing eye makeup, especially waterproof products. The packaging is great for travel, it has a cap where you need to push down and twist before it opens. It's pretty oily to me and leaves me with a greasy feeling. It's pretty expensive too. I feel that I can find a good enough if not better drugstore brand. I wouldn't buy this again though. I don't wear much eye makeup but I wear a lot of waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It doesn't really get all the mascara and eyeliner off my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lady_baby_doll

This is my HG when it comes to eye makeup removal. And i do need it hardcore cuz..i wouldn't say i wear a lot of eye makeup, but what i do wear is as waterproof as it can get. I'm talking shiseido mascara base and then shiseido lasting lift mascara and then waterproof gel eyeliner, and waterproof eye pencil. You get it. Hahah. The reason i do this is cuz i wear contacts, and i tend to tear up easily, whether i'm laughing too hard or i'm crying..or whatever. I've learned that I need waterproof eye makeup in my life. And this stuff takes off everylast trace of it without irritating my eyes or ripping out all of my precious eyelashes. I just give it a shake, dip in a q tip and then apply it directly to my eyelashes and sorrounding area, and then wipe off with a cotton ball. =) Never fails. And yes, it is greasy...but I don't think that should be a problem. You are gonna wash your face afterwards with a cleanser anyway, AND better oilyness around your eyes than dryness right? Dryness = early wrinkles!! LOL =p So anyway, i have tried some department store brands. And if you guys want a comparable one, but at a cheaper price then the next best thing is...Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover. I dunno why they say it's oil free, cuz you can clearly see the oil floating around inside much like cliniques, but..whatever. Hahah. This one does sting the eyes, but only slightly so its very bearable. Not much difference other than that, I always go for this one if i'm low on cash. Hehe. Hope that helps!! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by beautifulicious

I love this eye makeup remover! first one that doesn't irritate my eyes. It's a bit expensive but so much better than Lancome Bi-Facial which isn't as effective. I don't care that it's oily because my eye are is so much more dry than the rest of my face. I love that the bottle is like one of those medicine ones so it won't spill (which is a total disaster!) love it. best makeup remover ever, even removes mascara. will purchase again when i finish it but looks like it will take a while. you only need a little on a cotton pad and everything comes off!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kaptaink

This is the only eye makeup remover i can use that does not irritate my eyes. After I use this product i rinse my eyes with water. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by GingerSail

Does a great job on removing waterproof makeup - just shake up the two layers and apply with a cotton ball- everything comes off in one swipe! It does leave oily residue but I think that makes it feel gentle and moisturizing. I usually wash my entire face after I remove my eye makeup, so the oil doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by beaddamned

This stuff really does a great job of removing waterproof mascara. All other eye makeup removes I have used never seem to get it off no matter how much I try. It's a keeper

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

I got a GWP size of this, and I love using this at the end of my day, it takes off everything in one shot, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara! Just have to shake up the two liquids, oil and the watery consistency and its perfect. I just wish it wasnt THAT oily because I ALWAYS end up having to use a tissue to wipe away the excess oil on my eyelids. But overall, this stuff does the job :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by satsuma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a little bottle of this as a GWP. Its similar to Bifacil, in that its an oil/water mix that you have to shake before using. It appears to be unscented. I find this a slightly better cleanser than the Bifacil, it seems to remove my eyeliner & current Clinique mascara more quickly & it rinses cleaner with less oil residue. However it is (oddly since it contains oil) slightly drying if I don't promptly apply eye cream after using this at night - I found this out on a couple of occasions when I wasn't paying attention & forgot eye cream. This is a minor point & despite this I'll definitely use up my bottle.

I've marked this as a No for repurchase & 1 for price, simply because I didn't buy this to start with (& I haven't actually paid for eye makeup remover in years). My mother prefers this to Bifacil; I prefer the Lancome since I find it less drying, but if you're looking for a good quality cleanser this is a nice choice that gets the job done effectively.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by cincha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been buying Take the Day Off Eye Makeup Remover for 8 years (?). The price and quality makes it a better bargain than anything else out there.
I never have to tug at my eyelids with my eye makeup remover-soaked cotton ball to remove all the eyeshadow, liner and liquid liner I have on. If it's alot (beyond my everyday makeup routine), I let it sit for a few seconds before I swipe it off.
I like that it's child-proof b/c I don't have to worry about it spilling or leaking when I travel with it.
I would give this product 5 lippies if it weren't for the greasy film it leaves behind. To solve that, I just gently wipe it off before I apply my moisturizer. (UPDATE: the greasiness really bothers me in this summertime humidity so I tried the other Clinique makeup remover, the one in the blue bottle, which was non-greasy. I will be going back to Take the Day Off b/c the other one does not remove eye makeup as well, even if I let the cotton ball sit for 5 seconds, and my eye lids are red and stinging from the rubbing).