Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/16/2008 5:49:00 AM

I used this makeup for a long time because it had good coverage & didn't make me breakout. Only downfall is it makes my oily skin even more oily so I'm trying to find something new that controls oil. Too bad..

Edit: Taking 2 lippies off...Not sure if my skin has been getting worse because of this makeup or maybe my moisturizer..but it has been getting particularly worse in areas that I use this makeup which is only my cheeks near my nose. I'm going to stop using it & try to find something else..maybe go back to almay clear complexion because it is practically the same thing except cheaper and didn't make me break out.

on 8/31/2008 5:20:00 PM

i used it only once, and decided i would never use it again. it's so itchy on my face, and my skin cannot breath, not to mention that the color turned orange in the afternoon. not for me.

on 8/28/2008 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this makeup based on the good reviews and I love it. It is medium to full coverage. It does help with the acne. I am fair, and I purchased Nude and it seems perfect. It does dry to the touch and does not stay tacky feeling. It stays on really good throughout the day. I am really picky about foundations and it won me over!

on 8/27/2008 2:28:00 AM

I don't love this, but it's OK. I've been using it because I'm too lazy to test other foundations and find something better. It doesn't do anything to clear my acne, but at least I'm pretty sure it isn't CAUSING my acne. The amount of salicylic acid in it is something like .7% which might as well be nothing. Don't expect any miracles.
Other than that, it looks pretty natural and has acceptable staying power. My skin usually gets super oily within a few hours of applying makeup, and I could get away with only blotting once a day while using this.

on 8/12/2008 9:01:00 AM

I just got this...I used to use it, but in the wrong color, lol. I don't have a ton of acne, but I always have one or two aggravating pimples that bother me. I used this and even though it covered up some acne, my mom said it looked like I wasn't wearing makeup. Now, as for the clearing part, I have yet to see that, but I just got this yesterday.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

so far, so good! i bought this about a month ago to replace my mac studiofix because my roommate raved to me about this foundation and i was fed up with breaking out so much. after using this, my breakouts didn't disappear, but is greatly reduced. plus, the coverage is awesome (paired with its concealer) and long-lasting. i wore this while hiking and at the end of the hike, my skin still looked great! hopefully soon, my skin can be back to my almost-clear glory that i had before. the downside to this is that the color choices are very limited. i have olive skin and i had to search multiple stores for my right shade (tan -- the darkest shade they have). i guess this foundation is my HG! no wonder why my roommate loves this foundation (and btw, she has great skin! i'm on my way there...)

UPDATE: I took this down two lippies. It did an okay job with controlling pimples, but this really dried out my face (I think my skin freaked out with the lack of oil therefore producing more oil and breaking out). Also, looking back on some pics, the coverage wasn't all that great. I didn't do anything differently. Maybe it's the cold weather; my skin dries up during the winter months. Eh... it was good while it lasted.

on 7/31/2008 5:42:00 PM

I bought this yesterday in Ivory 120. I don't have blemishes really, but have been battling super oily face all summer. The biggest surprise was how well this performs in hot weather. I tested it all day by scrubbing my floors on my hands and knees and this stuff has held up great!

Wow. I really hope the acne medicine part of this doesn't irritate my skin at all, I want to keep using it. The color match is pretty good too, and I picked this up while walking by. I didn't really want to spend more than $10 on a bottle of foundation but I've tried almost everything else this year and have been spending a lot overall.

I use Boots No.7 mattifier over a high SPF sunscreen, then foundation, then Maybelline True Matte powder to finish. For the past couple of months I've been using Infallible, which is slightly orange on me and I sweat through it. Colorstay was incredibly stinky and irritated my skin. So far, this Almay foundation definitely looks like a keeper. Yay.

on 7/27/2008 12:20:00 PM

this is a great product! i have very oily skin and so far this is the best foundation i have found for reducing shine. the colors blend well so its not obvious that you are wearing make up and so far it hasn't made me break out. the only thing that i do not like about it is that it is a bit hard to wash off than other foundations i have tried, but then again it stays on almost all day!

on 7/26/2008 5:57:00 PM

This is one drugstore foundation that matches my skin (yellow undertones - "Buff 140"). Coverage is medium. I can't say it prevents breakouts, but like other people have said, I can't say it causes or aggravates them. I've recently found it holds up well in hot and humid weather when used with a finishing powder. It also looks natural, be it the accurate color match or the consistancy. I've been using it often because I have very combo skin and it works well with both. Also helps hide and moisturize flaking, dry skin that most makeups would augment. My only complaint would be that I'd prefer slightly more coverage and a few more hours (over 10) of wear before it needed to be reapplied. For me, it's a great daily foundation for regular activities. I have bought it again and also will in the future. :) The only reason I give it a 4/5 is because it's not The One (I'm on a search for a perfect foundation, lol), but it comes fairly close to being everything I could want.

on 7/22/2008 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and tend to have a few break-outs before period :( . Last month was the worst (I have no ideas why)... I had break-outs all around my mouth and on the forehead before my period. I was sooooooo unhappy and I really wanted to use something to cover it yet it won't make it worse. I read the reviews here so I decided to give it a try. I bought the Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup (Neutral) + Bonus Concealer (Light) off of ebay. It is less than $5! And I am soooo happy I did! The neutral foundation matches with my Asian skn color (my skin is not white yet not too dark) well. Although the bonus concealer is too light for me, it is good to try. Another thing is that this foundation is just like my second skin and it is not cakery at all! And I didn't break out anymore after using this. The healing concealer dries out my skin a bit though but if I just use a little bit it is fine. Actually I feel like they did help to heal my acnes a little! :)

The only downside is that my skin does get 'shiny' after a few hours, esp. under hot days. But I guess this is ok.

Also if there is Big Lots around your area, go and take a look. It was soooo surprising that I found the foundation (neutral color is the last one so I got lucky! :P) and the concealer in the Big Lots in my area. And the price is perfect! I got them both for $6! :)

*UPDATE*

After using it for a few weeks, I'd give it a 5 Star instead!!! I think it really blends in with my skin color and it has great coverage too. I still have a few pimples but I think it heals faster now and I don't think it is because of this foundation anyways. I'd say maybe it is the moisturiser I use beneath it, or it is just my occasionally digestion problem/ period. Anyways, it is absoutely my best buy!