April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this serum several months ago. Initially i was using this every other night, alternating with retin a. However I believe using this too often will lose it's effectiveness so I use it once a week following my deep cleansing and mask routine. At first this serum was like a miracle in a jar. my skin looked and felt better than it had in a very long time. After about 3 months my sking didnt react as well to the product so thats when I started using it after my weekly scrub. Followed by a heavy moisturizer. Alot of the negative reviews for this product are because people are using this product without following with a good moisturizer, thats why they wake up to dry and flaky skin. Overall I think its a great serum and may one day repurchase but there are so many products to try I never just stick to one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum was the best, in the beginning. Estee Lauder often gives generous samples of their products, and thats how I started using this. My skin drank it up, and gave a nice smooth complexion. I was so greedy I used it twice a day, before going to bed and in the morning under the makeup. I was having problem with my skin when I first started using it. I had (and still have) eczema and my skin started to become super dry, flakey and peeled horrendously around the mouth area. Nothing could save it, and this serum did an excellent job. I thought I have found my life saver. But I was so wrong!!!! The serum stopped its amazing effect after about 6 months of daily use. It just went flat on me. My skin continue to drink the moisture but it didn't solve the dry flakey problem anymore like it once did. It lost its effect as a nourishing serum and became just like any other useless serums I have used before. I stopped using it for a while, around 8 months, and tried to go back to it again since I was so in love with this serum. But still its not working, and I started to have tiny bumps all over my face. I switched to pure natural emu oil, and I started to see improvement again. A good friend of mine, a doctor, told me that we need to be really careful with many of these chemical-based skin products. These products often work to deliver moisture to your skin by pushing your natural oils to the surface and also coating it with silicones and artificial ingredients. You will look great for a while and think this product is really working. But after sometime, the chemicals will cause your skin to lose its memory to produce natural oils on its own, and all the natural oils will be depleted or sucked out to the maximum by the chemicals, especially in its earlier over-zealous effort to push these oils out earlier. You will eventually end up with more problem than before you started using the product. I seriously think this Estee Lauder serum is an example of such a product, and thats why it stops working after sometime and worsens the skin problem.

On a side note, I don't know why the Estee sales ladies at the counter near my place are always so bitchy and rude. On 3 separate occasions when I went there to buy cosmetics, their attitude was appalling but I still kept going to buy a little lipstick or something. My friend complained the same thing about the Estee ladies near her place. She was given free samples when she purchased some products, and when she wanted to know more information about these product samples, she was told to just take them and don't ask too many questions! Together we have sworn we are never going to buy Estee again.

26 out of 41 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by zelzeleh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A must-have!
I have become addicted to this fabulous serum. It feels so light and my skin gets perfectly hydrated. (I use MD formulation peel pads before the serum at night).
-It even helps for my husband's seborrheic eczema...!
Highly recommdended!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by busybeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin was in horrible shape when I bought this (horrible for me, anyway). I was noticing numerous age spots and lines starting to form. After wearing this for the first night, I was elated. I woke up with plump skin. This serum made a noticeable difference in my age spots in a short amount of time. However, that effect has faded and I think that is all down to the packaging, which I rated as the worst. EL packages all of their other serums with a pump, so I don't know what they were thinking with this one! Also, I found that this really helped with my "monthly" breakout. Since using this, I didn't get one anymore. I gave it a 5 because I love it, but -1 for the packaging and -1 for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

This light non-greasy serum leaves my skin silky smooth and spot free. The 75ml bottle lasted me about 5 months with nightly use,one of the best serums Ive ever used,pricey but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by beisquared

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this serum and just purchased the 1.7oz bottle after finishing the 1oz bottle. It took me awhile to start using it when I first bought it, but once I started, I couldn't stop using it. I was at first surprised by the medicinal smell as I was expecting some light floral fragrance that usually comes with Estee Lauder skincare, but I quickly got used to it. This serum sinks into my skin and I notice that whenever I use it while I have a breakout or when my breakout is healing, it heals much faster (unfortunately I'm a picker and it usually takes 2 weeks for my breakouts to heal, but when I use the serum, it's about a week or less) and leaves no scar whatsoever. Before I tried this serum, I tried the Lancome Genefique serum and I prefer this one so much more. The Genefique didn't do my skin harm, but it didn't do it any good either. Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair is about $20 cheaper and it gave me results. I think I'll be buying and using this until there's hearsay of a better one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in the lucky situation of being in a position where I get to sample a lot of cosmetics and skin care items for free. This may be my favorite to date. After just a few weeks of using it, my skin tone has smoothed out drastically. I honestly don't even need a foundation anymore. It also faded an acne scar I had on my jaw line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by notinreallife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this a couple years ago (when the old formula was around) and it definitely improved my skin--it was the few products where I actually bought it the second time around and the third but afterwards I decided to cut down on my budget and that included cutting this out too--BIG MISTAKE! Especially since I work in a lab and the conditions in my lab is extremely harsh. Since then my skin suffered a lot.

I finally bought the new serum and see visible improvements. I swear this product has some sort of supernatural powers because I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of my acne, dry skin, and scars.

To make your dollars stretch because it's not cheap, buy during gwp or buy the gift sets!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by wawapanda

This is my first serum and it's my 3rd week on it. So far I have nothing but good things to say about this. My skin is combination but has been suffering moderate acne for a couple of months. I feel this serum has calmed down my skin and I don't break out on my cheeks anymore. I don't know if it's because of this serum alone, but I'm starting to feel good about my skin again. I use 4 drop every night after toner and before moisturizer. I also put in a few drops of jojoba oil from acne.org to my cerave lotion. I go to sleep with a good thought that I'm gonna wake up with clearer and glowy skin!:)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by asw37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried and persisted with this product, but it makes me super dry. I work in zero-humidity (archivist) and have a hard time keeping moisture levels up in my skin. I believed the scary SA that after a month of this stuff my skin would look like I was 16 again...

No, it doesn't. The morning after using it felt like my cheeks were going to crack when I smiled. I thought it was because my skin was getting used to it, but even after 4 months it's not giving me any results apart from parched (but tight) skin. I will say though I like the smell. EL often put nasty fragrances into their products but at least this smells medicinal- a smell I associate with an 'active' product.

I have given up on this product and will never repurchase. I'm going to spend my money on Payot's Hydrofluide instead...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No