Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

on 5/10/2011 5:12:00 PM

A year ago I noticed the texture of my skin looking a big tired and pallid. When I was orbiting the beauty counters I asked the Estee Lauder SA for a recommendation on a good serum, and the overnight repair was what she suggested. Now after using this for only a few days, I already noticed a difference - my skin was plumper and brighter. Like looking very well-rested. I have very sensitive skin, and this didn't break me out or give me any adverse reaction whatsoever. When I touched my skin, it was smoother than pre-overnight repair. And to this day, it's still performing well. I use it at night but the SA mentioned that it can be used during the day as well. I'm always looking for new serums but this I consider a staple for sure.

on 5/7/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This stuff has literally been a life changing product!! I've had three sample bottles in one of my bathroom drawers for several months that I hadn't used. About three week ago i was really frustrated with my skin mainly the tone of my skin...For about five years now my skin has changed its become more breakout prone and I will have hyperpigmentation on my skin for awhile afterwards!!! This stuff was a miracle to me. From the first night I noticed smoother skin, smaller pores, and alot less redness...and here three weeks later i'm just wowed!! I mean this stuff has tremendously changed my skin, and my confidence. I'm one of those girls that doesn't go anywhere without makeup and if I keep using stuff and it keeps working this good, i'm sure in no time I could care less if I have a stitch of makeup on. I've used sooo many products to help with the tone of my skin. I even used the obagi nu derm system for a year..and this stuff has been better than anything i've ever used!! I'm not saying this is going to work for everyone but it surely has been everything my skin has needed! It has helped with acne too! This has helped me elimate any acne products or skin lighting products so even though its pretty exspensive it has helped me save money. I'm not sure what is in this stuff but its amazing and I will be a user for life!! Go out and get a sample of this!!! I hope everyone has the amazing results that I have had.
EDIT** I have been breaking out like crazy! This is the only thing that has been new in my skin care routiine so i'm guessing this is whats breaking me out!!! Last time I tried to use this I broke out immediately the following day...It took several weeks for me to break out the second time around using this stuff. I'm breaking out in places I never break out like on my neck and my forehead. I have never broke out this bad! I actually decided to order proactiv to help clear it up...its only been several days and the proactiv has help shrink the pimples thank god!! So beware acne prone people!!!

on 5/4/2011 2:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The reason why I purchased so I can heal my past acne scars which affected me for almost 5 years. I'm aware this serum is build for mainly to avoid premature wrinkles and wrinkles as such, but I've seen alot of benefits that helps heal scars and other past damages as well. I did alot of research on this first. I was slightly muffled why this serum on the Estee Lauder site had almost every 5 stars from reviewers I'm guessing it must be a miracle worker but you can't be fooled. I got the best reviewer from a Youtuber he was mainly affected similar to my situation and he told me it took him 2 bottles for the scars to slowy fad away which I thought it made more sense. I trusted him and purchased it finally.

I'm only around 3 weeks after using this and I did see some improvement in my skin. I have very super flaky skin and very oily combination. In the beginning I had to use a moisturizer (which your suppose to use anyway accordingly) and some days after I didn't need to use the moisturizer anymore because my skin felt super soft afterwards although I won't say 'hydrating' but it didn't crack my face open.
I noticed my acne scars have faded very slowly I had the worse on my left cheek and it's appears less red now. My chin is the worse and I have more chances to break out from that part which I still do but it's not because of the serum, but I did see my scars fading ever so slighty.
People also reviewed on the glow. I don't know much about that but when I wake up I did noticed a dewy look.

The price is expensive no doubt I would recommened buying the 50ml bottle (50 British Pound) because you'll save more that way. The one I have was the limited edition with the Advance Night Repair Eye Cream (the eye cream was really good for puffiness especially I'm a university student I had no sleep since my finals are coming up). The price is worth to buy anyway, because it does work for some but it takes patience.

The packaging quality is nice, the bottle is pretty. Although take extra caution because it is fragile so that's one thing not great about it because it'll be money down the drain.
I would buy this product again most definitely. I would probably edit this review to update this product if it came to my expectations.

on 5/4/2011 10:42:00 AM

I was using this product daily for 4 years and thought it was just a simple step and did not do anything in special. I never had wrinkles or fine lines, so did not know what added value this product was providing to me. I discontinued it for 8 months when they changed the formula to the 'synchronized' one and I realized that I started to have fine lines, specially in my forehead....Then I started to use it again and after 2 months... guess what? those fine lines are now disappearing.... I wish I had never stopped it..Now I know it is not a simple step in my routine..
Another plus: I never had breakouts with this product.

on 5/4/2011 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not much to add that has not already been said, this stuff is great. I use the serum at night, and EL Daywear Plus SPF15 for Normal/Combo skin during the day. In the last two months the two have made my skin radiant, smooth, soft and supple. My hormonal acne has also been reduced, and blemishes I do get heal more quickly. I'm young yet, so I cannot comment on any effects on age spots or wrinkles.

My only negative is that this stuff is CRAZY expensive. I've been using GWP 0.24 and 0.5 oz sizes, and the former lasts about 3 weeks of nightly use. Not a cheap habit. But the results are worth it.

on 4/28/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my first major beauty splurge ($93 CAD for a 1.7 oz bottle). I've only used this for 5 nights, and so far my skin feels more moisturized (likely due to the hyaluronic acid) and skin tone has become more even. I love the eyedropper used to apply the serum - it's very hygienic and dispenses a precise amount of product.

I can't speak to the anti-aging properties yet as I'm only in my mid-20s. Haven't used long enough to see if it will fade my acne scars or sun spots yet. Will update as time goes on!

on 4/23/2011 11:01:00 AM

I love this serum. A long time ago I used the original Night Repair and was very satisfied with it. This one is better. After 2 weeks, I notice that my complexion is more even. I have a bit of redness on my cheeks and it has helped tone it down. Next time I might try the newer formula but this one is very good for me. It is expensive, but 3 drops are all I use for face and neck so it will last a while.

on 4/21/2011 10:46:00 AM

Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair has been touted by many to be the end-all, be-all of all serums. Apparently, it's backed by 25 years of scientific research, and the Lauder group claims that not only does it reduce the look of lines and wrinkles by 54%, but also vastly improves the skin's clarity and skintone (by 76% and 64% respectively) , when used religiously for a year.

For my younger skin, which has no lines and wrinkles, I can't vouch for reduction results, but if it's helping my skin maintain its elasticity and health, I'm all for it. In terms of skintone improvement, I haven't seen results there either. Now, I do notice that my skin isn't nearly as soft or clear in the morning on the nights I fail to use this. Some serums still leave my skin feeling dry and tight (although I do understand serums are not meant to replace moisturizer) but this, I find, can even be used on its own, and my skin feels plump and soft.

At the end of the day, I really don't know if it's actually doing anything, but I know I always want it around, because, as I said, if it's helping maintain the healthy skin I've got, then it's worth it. Maybe in 20 years I'll really see what it's done. continued >>

on 4/21/2011 9:23:00 AM

Hi, I Never buy anything without reading MUA reviews so I thought I should contribute some, this is my first review. I've been using this product for about 2 and a half weeks and it's brilliant, I use it with either my Lancome whitening moisturiser, or Shiseido's whitening night treatment, and my skin is luminous, like straight up, I walk infront of a mirror and I'm like wow, I'm still not used to it. i don't really like using foundations much, and never use concealers, but with this product I'm using much less foundation and powder, I've always had very clear blemish-free skin, but this product really really improves skin tone and luminosity. It is very expensive though, and once you start using it you're never going to stop! :)

on 4/19/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

EL's Advanced Night Repair was one of the original "serums" that are now so popular all of a sudden in 2011. I've had countless gwp trial sizes and even purchased one full bottle of this over the years. I never felt like it did anything. I kept thinking I was missing something about it, I just didn't "get" what it was actually doing. Update Sept 2012: I finally figured out what this serum does - it's great as a spot treatment to help discoloration from old blemishes to heal up faster, renew skin, seems to stimulate skin turnover. But otherwise I found it very drying, and it made my forehead very dry and peeling for weeks. Don't use this around the eye area - very drying.

Popular Treatments (Face)