August 23, 2014 | 1397 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by soniaemily

I love this product! After only two days I already saw a difference in the tone of my complexion. It looked clearer and more even toned. I do not have any wrinkled YET so I can't comment on how it has helped with that. I do however have acne scarring. It has helped a lot with my acne scarring and I've never had them heal so quickly! Even old scars that have been around much longer are now very much lighter. I love the packaging, application method and the scent of it. I used to use this twice a day, morning and night but now I just use it in the morning as I have been using acne.org's 3 step regimen at night. I'm very happy to say that that has cleared up my skin and I'm currently blemish free after year of acne! For anyone suffering from mild acne, I recommend Dan Kern's acne.org regimen (esp the benzoyl peroxide treatment) for night time and in the morning cleanse, estee lauder night repair and moisturise to combat scarring and generally improve overall complexion. The acne.org regimen is recommended to be used morning and night but I have found that my skin has been improving rapidly and just using it at night has kept blemishes away and not over dried my skin to the point that it gets red and flakes. Please note that I do have mild acne - 3 - 5 pimples on my face at any given time.

Having already gotten rid of acne *touch wood* Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is doing a fantastic job at fading scars and improving my overall complexion. My complexion has not been this good since I was 12! I will definitely continue to repurchase this item and I cannot recommend this product enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by kus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted something t get rid of fine lines. Being in early thirties i thought it was really time for me to start using anti aging products.

Although i did see a tiny bit of improvement in skin texture, sorry to say that after 3 weeks of use i suspect that this serum is breaking me out. I woke up 2 days ago with a big "nodular" pimple under the skin on my forehead. Didn't really give it much thought until i got another 2 on my cheeks.

Am not sure that the serum is whats causing it because i only broke out 3 weeks later but nothing else has changed neither my eating habits nor time of the month hormones.
i'll give it another chance and update later, given the hefty price of this product. really wish had got a sample like the shiseido one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

It did not break me out, but I'm not sure if it did anything benefit my skin

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by athousandhearts

I think I expected wayyy too much out of this product after reading the other reviews. I have oily, sensitive skin and I was expecting this to work wonders on my skin. After using it for a month, my skin tone did look a little more even, but it did not prevent blemishes or erase any fine lines. I actually felt like even after using a moisturizer on top, it was drying out my skin. So all in all, I would rather find a product that does a little more for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was SO excited to try this product. Granted I am acne-prone and have had sensitive skin issues for a while - but I read the reviews here up and down and there were many glowing reports from fellow acne-prone girls like me. Anyway this thing is damn pricey but I coerced my SO into buying it, which he did faithfully, and couldn't wait to try it. At first it felt luuuurrrvely. I think it's the hyaluronic acid mainly, soon as you apply it your skin drinks it up. It feels hydrating and although the skin is somewhat sticky for a few minutes it soon absorbs and leaves your skin baby soft. I would top it with either my regular moisturiser or jojoba oil to seal all the supposed anti-oxidant and repairing goodness in. My motive for using this product was to repair the scarring and redness my past acne had left behind and generally strengthen my skin. Anyway, I used this religiously for two weeks, during the day as well as night because I was so excited to see results. I.e. glowing healthier skin, more clarity, even tone, reduction in signs of ageing or fatigue. I waited patiently, and admittedly overdosed on this, applying about 10 drops all over each time! So I would then massage the excess down onto my neck too.

I analysed my skin every morning as soon as I woke up but saw no difference. Then about a week into usage I noticed a few more whiteheads and general bumpy texture. This was accompanied by small red bumps everywhere, occasionally a slight itchy feeling on my jaw (but not to the extent of allergy) and a blotchy complexion. My blackheads on my t-zone seemed to have tripled. Okay this is NOT what I was hoping for, but I assumed I'd been exfoliating too much and also had been using my clarisonic twice a day which was more than usual (in the hopes my serum would absorb better) so I thought it could be due to something else.

Now 3 days ago, the inflammation started. I wouldn't just get those regular tiny whiteheads (that I hoped was just a sign of my skin detoxing) - now I was getting slightly more pronounced zits, and they hurt like a ****!!! A whole lot more redness and painful zits. Then suddenly 3 lesions appeared, sort of under the skin. Not quite the size of cysts, but a flaming tomato red colour and extremely sore and painful. Almost as if they were growing out of my veins. I thought my previously battled acne (of which I was victorious) was making a sudden return and it must be my hormones. But the give away? 1) Im nowhere near due for my time of the month and more importantly 2) One of these lumps appeared on my NECK where Im never acne-prone, and where I'd recently been applying this serum.

I've tried hydrocortisone cream on the lumps (not recommended but I took the risk) to bring the pain and inflammation down. The size has somewhat decreased but the lumps are still really painful and haven't come to a head yet, don't know if they are planning to and Im totally unfamiliar with this sort of acne. So I guess something, or maybe a few things, in this serum really really disagreed with my skin. I feel really sad because I thought this was going to give me that celebrity-like glow lol! Silly naive me. But all the progress my skin had made the past 6 months had suddenly deteriotated! The condition of my skin was getting worse, so I don't know what the rave reviews were about. If you're acne-prone you MAY be able to tolerate it, but the results after 2 weeks were nothing, my skin gradually worsened, so if you DO try this.... proceed with caution. I'm now trying to recover from this. My skin feels rough and sore, constantly dry even though I was oily before, more blackheads and redness, and no foundation seems to sit on my skin nicely, everything starts showing up flakey and cakey. Good luck for anyone thinking of trying this. Money down the drain.....

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by roxrae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample size of this product when I purchased some foundation from Estee Lauder. I can honestly say my skin has never looked better. I have fair to medium skin with some redness (sun worshipper and smoker) on my cheeks as well as sun spots. The quality of my skin's texture has improved by 70% I would say. My pores (huge) look smaller and it seems the discoloration of my skin is getting better and better. This serium is wicked expensive, but if my skin continues to improve, it is worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by FreedomDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not normally write reviews, but I felt I had to warn women about this.This stuff is potent !! do not be misled by the "recovery" promise that makes it sound like it is very gentle, it is NOT gentle at all. I kind of have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand I can see it making the skin smoother and softer, but on the other hand this has caused me to break out in small bumps and caused tiny red spots everywhere, especially on the forehead and sides of my face. It is also VERY drying, and I have combination not dry skin. So basically this gave me very dry and blotchy looking skin. I don't even know what to do now to make my skin recover and go back to the way it was before :( I wish I never got misled by the glowing reviews here, and even worse are the reviews on the EL website that try to convince you that the 500 women who tried it, all gave it 5 stars !!!! come on

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by crystalshirley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I never had issues with my skin. I wanted to try a new regimen and was told by a Rep at Estee Lauder that this product in addition to 6 more (moisturizers and washes for day and night) would make my face look young and flawless. After two days of use I started breaking out badly to the point where I eventually had to see a dermatologist. After using prescription differin gel and others, my face is finally back to normal. I will never use their products again. I was disappointed because I spent close to $200 on their products. Switched to Neutrogena. My husband continues to use Estee Lauder without a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by smalltimequeen

This 'feeds' my skin. Could not live without it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mymakeuprules

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry, I really wanted this to be the HG of treatments, but it does absolutely nothing for me! I've been using it for over 6 months and see no difference in skintone, evenness, etc. I don't mind the scent but don't like it either. I find the gel-like consistency very sticky (but that may have to do with humidity) and not moisturizing at all. And, worst of all, it breaks me out! Considering the pricetag and also the glowing reviews I was expecting more from this product. Not wasting more money on this, there are $10 products more effective than this one (case in point: Lacura multi intensive serum)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No