October 31, 2014 | 777 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

I love this serum. A long time ago I used the original Night Repair and was very satisfied with it. This one is better. After 2 weeks, I notice that my complexion is more even. I have a bit of redness on my cheeks and it has helped tone it down. Next time I might try the newer formula but this one is very good for me. It is expensive, but 3 drops are all I use for face and neck so it will last a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair has been touted by many to be the end-all, be-all of all serums. Apparently, it's backed by 25 years of scientific research, and the Lauder group claims that not only does it reduce the look of lines and wrinkles by 54%, but also vastly improves the skin's clarity and skintone (by 76% and 64% respectively) , when used religiously for a year.

For my younger skin, which has no lines and wrinkles, I can't vouch for reduction results, but if it's helping my skin maintain its elasticity and health, I'm all for it. In terms of skintone improvement, I haven't seen results there either. Now, I do notice that my skin isn't nearly as soft or clear in the morning on the nights I fail to use this. Some serums still leave my skin feeling dry and tight (although I do understand serums are not meant to replace moisturizer) but this, I find, can even be used on its own, and my skin feels plump and soft.

At the end of the day, I really don't know if it's actually doing anything, but I know I always want it around, because, as I said, if it's helping maintain the healthy skin I've got, then it's worth it. Maybe in 20 years I'll really see what it's done. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Gilfey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Hi, I Never buy anything without reading MUA reviews so I thought I should contribute some, this is my first review. I've been using this product for about 2 and a half weeks and it's brilliant, I use it with either my Lancome whitening moisturiser, or Shiseido's whitening night treatment, and my skin is luminous, like straight up, I walk infront of a mirror and I'm like wow, I'm still not used to it. i don't really like using foundations much, and never use concealers, but with this product I'm using much less foundation and powder, I've always had very clear blemish-free skin, but this product really really improves skin tone and luminosity. It is very expensive though, and once you start using it you're never going to stop! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

EL's Advanced Night Repair was one of the original "serums" that are now so popular all of a sudden in 2011. I've had countless gwp trial sizes and even purchased one full bottle of this over the years. I never felt like it did anything. I kept thinking I was missing something about it, I just didn't "get" what it was actually doing. Update Sept 2012: I finally figured out what this serum does - it's great as a spot treatment to help discoloration from old blemishes to heal up faster, renew skin, seems to stimulate skin turnover. But otherwise I found it very drying, and it made my forehead very dry and peeling for weeks. Don't use this around the eye area - very drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by orfhlaith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that I always wanted to try but felt like it was a bit too expensive for me. I finally caved in and bought it at the beginning of March this year, and I am really glad I did. It takes a while to see results but if you bear with it you should see results within a month. I went from being cautious about parting with my cash to splurging on their Idealist serum too, to use daytime. These two combined are fantastic. I can't describe exactly what has happened but my skin just lookes better, and my pores have almost disappeared.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by soniaemily

I love this product! After only two days I already saw a difference in the tone of my complexion. It looked clearer and more even toned. I do not have any wrinkled YET so I can't comment on how it has helped with that. I do however have acne scarring. It has helped a lot with my acne scarring and I've never had them heal so quickly! Even old scars that have been around much longer are now very much lighter. I love the packaging, application method and the scent of it. I used to use this twice a day, morning and night but now I just use it in the morning as I have been using acne.org's 3 step regimen at night. I'm very happy to say that that has cleared up my skin and I'm currently blemish free after year of acne! For anyone suffering from mild acne, I recommend Dan Kern's acne.org regimen (esp the benzoyl peroxide treatment) for night time and in the morning cleanse, estee lauder night repair and moisturise to combat scarring and generally improve overall complexion. The acne.org regimen is recommended to be used morning and night but I have found that my skin has been improving rapidly and just using it at night has kept blemishes away and not over dried my skin to the point that it gets red and flakes. Please note that I do have mild acne - 3 - 5 pimples on my face at any given time.

Having already gotten rid of acne *touch wood* Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is doing a fantastic job at fading scars and improving my overall complexion. My complexion has not been this good since I was 12! I will definitely continue to repurchase this item and I cannot recommend this product enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by kus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted something t get rid of fine lines. Being in early thirties i thought it was really time for me to start using anti aging products.

Although i did see a tiny bit of improvement in skin texture, sorry to say that after 3 weeks of use i suspect that this serum is breaking me out. I woke up 2 days ago with a big "nodular" pimple under the skin on my forehead. Didn't really give it much thought until i got another 2 on my cheeks.

Am not sure that the serum is whats causing it because i only broke out 3 weeks later but nothing else has changed neither my eating habits nor time of the month hormones.
i'll give it another chance and update later, given the hefty price of this product. really wish had got a sample like the shiseido one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

It did not break me out, but I'm not sure if it did anything benefit my skin

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by athousandhearts

I think I expected wayyy too much out of this product after reading the other reviews. I have oily, sensitive skin and I was expecting this to work wonders on my skin. After using it for a month, my skin tone did look a little more even, but it did not prevent blemishes or erase any fine lines. I actually felt like even after using a moisturizer on top, it was drying out my skin. So all in all, I would rather find a product that does a little more for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was SO excited to try this product. Granted I am acne-prone and have had sensitive skin issues for a while - but I read the reviews here up and down and there were many glowing reports from fellow acne-prone girls like me. Anyway this thing is damn pricey but I coerced my SO into buying it, which he did faithfully, and couldn't wait to try it. At first it felt luuuurrrvely. I think it's the hyaluronic acid mainly, soon as you apply it your skin drinks it up. It feels hydrating and although the skin is somewhat sticky for a few minutes it soon absorbs and leaves your skin baby soft. I would top it with either my regular moisturiser or jojoba oil to seal all the supposed anti-oxidant and repairing goodness in. My motive for using this product was to repair the scarring and redness my past acne had left behind and generally strengthen my skin. Anyway, I used this religiously for two weeks, during the day as well as night because I was so excited to see results. I.e. glowing healthier skin, more clarity, even tone, reduction in signs of ageing or fatigue. I waited patiently, and admittedly overdosed on this, applying about 10 drops all over each time! So I would then massage the excess down onto my neck too.

I analysed my skin every morning as soon as I woke up but saw no difference. Then about a week into usage I noticed a few more whiteheads and general bumpy texture. This was accompanied by small red bumps everywhere, occasionally a slight itchy feeling on my jaw (but not to the extent of allergy) and a blotchy complexion. My blackheads on my t-zone seemed to have tripled. Okay this is NOT what I was hoping for, but I assumed I'd been exfoliating too much and also had been using my clarisonic twice a day which was more than usual (in the hopes my serum would absorb better) so I thought it could be due to something else.

Now 3 days ago, the inflammation started. I wouldn't just get those regular tiny whiteheads (that I hoped was just a sign of my skin detoxing) - now I was getting slightly more pronounced zits, and they hurt like a ****!!! A whole lot more redness and painful zits. Then suddenly 3 lesions appeared, sort of under the skin. Not quite the size of cysts, but a flaming tomato red colour and extremely sore and painful. Almost as if they were growing out of my veins. I thought my previously battled acne (of which I was victorious) was making a sudden return and it must be my hormones. But the give away? 1) Im nowhere near due for my time of the month and more importantly 2) One of these lumps appeared on my NECK where Im never acne-prone, and where I'd recently been applying this serum.

I've tried hydrocortisone cream on the lumps (not recommended but I took the risk) to bring the pain and inflammation down. The size has somewhat decreased but the lumps are still really painful and haven't come to a head yet, don't know if they are planning to and Im totally unfamiliar with this sort of acne. So I guess something, or maybe a few things, in this serum really really disagreed with my skin. I feel really sad because I thought this was going to give me that celebrity-like glow lol! Silly naive me. But all the progress my skin had made the past 6 months had suddenly deteriotated! The condition of my skin was getting worse, so I don't know what the rave reviews were about. If you're acne-prone you MAY be able to tolerate it, but the results after 2 weeks were nothing, my skin gradually worsened, so if you DO try this.... proceed with caution. I'm now trying to recover from this. My skin feels rough and sore, constantly dry even though I was oily before, more blackheads and redness, and no foundation seems to sit on my skin nicely, everything starts showing up flakey and cakey. Good luck for anyone thinking of trying this. Money down the drain.....

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No