November 28, 2014 | 1844 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not much to add that has not already been said, this stuff is great. I use the serum at night, and EL Daywear Plus SPF15 for Normal/Combo skin during the day. In the last two months the two have made my skin radiant, smooth, soft and supple. My hormonal acne has also been reduced, and blemishes I do get heal more quickly. I'm young yet, so I cannot comment on any effects on age spots or wrinkles.

My only negative is that this stuff is CRAZY expensive. I've been using GWP 0.24 and 0.5 oz sizes, and the former lasts about 3 weeks of nightly use. Not a cheap habit. But the results are worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my first major beauty splurge ($93 CAD for a 1.7 oz bottle). I've only used this for 5 nights, and so far my skin feels more moisturized (likely due to the hyaluronic acid) and skin tone has become more even. I love the eyedropper used to apply the serum - it's very hygienic and dispenses a precise amount of product.

I can't speak to the anti-aging properties yet as I'm only in my mid-20s. Haven't used long enough to see if it will fade my acne scars or sun spots yet. Will update as time goes on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

I love this serum. A long time ago I used the original Night Repair and was very satisfied with it. This one is better. After 2 weeks, I notice that my complexion is more even. I have a bit of redness on my cheeks and it has helped tone it down. Next time I might try the newer formula but this one is very good for me. It is expensive, but 3 drops are all I use for face and neck so it will last a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair has been touted by many to be the end-all, be-all of all serums. Apparently, it's backed by 25 years of scientific research, and the Lauder group claims that not only does it reduce the look of lines and wrinkles by 54%, but also vastly improves the skin's clarity and skintone (by 76% and 64% respectively) , when used religiously for a year.

For my younger skin, which has no lines and wrinkles, I can't vouch for reduction results, but if it's helping my skin maintain its elasticity and health, I'm all for it. In terms of skintone improvement, I haven't seen results there either. Now, I do notice that my skin isn't nearly as soft or clear in the morning on the nights I fail to use this. Some serums still leave my skin feeling dry and tight (although I do understand serums are not meant to replace moisturizer) but this, I find, can even be used on its own, and my skin feels plump and soft.

At the end of the day, I really don't know if it's actually doing anything, but I know I always want it around, because, as I said, if it's helping maintain the healthy skin I've got, then it's worth it. Maybe in 20 years I'll really see what it's done. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Gilfey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Hi, I Never buy anything without reading MUA reviews so I thought I should contribute some, this is my first review. I've been using this product for about 2 and a half weeks and it's brilliant, I use it with either my Lancome whitening moisturiser, or Shiseido's whitening night treatment, and my skin is luminous, like straight up, I walk infront of a mirror and I'm like wow, I'm still not used to it. i don't really like using foundations much, and never use concealers, but with this product I'm using much less foundation and powder, I've always had very clear blemish-free skin, but this product really really improves skin tone and luminosity. It is very expensive though, and once you start using it you're never going to stop! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

EL's Advanced Night Repair was one of the original "serums" that are now so popular all of a sudden in 2011. I've had countless gwp trial sizes and even purchased one full bottle of this over the years. I never felt like it did anything. I kept thinking I was missing something about it, I just didn't "get" what it was actually doing. Update Sept 2012: I finally figured out what this serum does - it's great as a spot treatment to help discoloration from old blemishes to heal up faster, renew skin, seems to stimulate skin turnover. But otherwise I found it very drying, and it made my forehead very dry and peeling for weeks. Don't use this around the eye area - very drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by orfhlaith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that I always wanted to try but felt like it was a bit too expensive for me. I finally caved in and bought it at the beginning of March this year, and I am really glad I did. It takes a while to see results but if you bear with it you should see results within a month. I went from being cautious about parting with my cash to splurging on their Idealist serum too, to use daytime. These two combined are fantastic. I can't describe exactly what has happened but my skin just lookes better, and my pores have almost disappeared.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by soniaemily

I love this product! After only two days I already saw a difference in the tone of my complexion. It looked clearer and more even toned. I do not have any wrinkled YET so I can't comment on how it has helped with that. I do however have acne scarring. It has helped a lot with my acne scarring and I've never had them heal so quickly! Even old scars that have been around much longer are now very much lighter. I love the packaging, application method and the scent of it. I used to use this twice a day, morning and night but now I just use it in the morning as I have been using acne.org's 3 step regimen at night. I'm very happy to say that that has cleared up my skin and I'm currently blemish free after year of acne! For anyone suffering from mild acne, I recommend Dan Kern's acne.org regimen (esp the benzoyl peroxide treatment) for night time and in the morning cleanse, estee lauder night repair and moisturise to combat scarring and generally improve overall complexion. The acne.org regimen is recommended to be used morning and night but I have found that my skin has been improving rapidly and just using it at night has kept blemishes away and not over dried my skin to the point that it gets red and flakes. Please note that I do have mild acne - 3 - 5 pimples on my face at any given time.

Having already gotten rid of acne *touch wood* Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is doing a fantastic job at fading scars and improving my overall complexion. My complexion has not been this good since I was 12! I will definitely continue to repurchase this item and I cannot recommend this product enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by kus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted something t get rid of fine lines. Being in early thirties i thought it was really time for me to start using anti aging products.

Although i did see a tiny bit of improvement in skin texture, sorry to say that after 3 weeks of use i suspect that this serum is breaking me out. I woke up 2 days ago with a big "nodular" pimple under the skin on my forehead. Didn't really give it much thought until i got another 2 on my cheeks.

Am not sure that the serum is whats causing it because i only broke out 3 weeks later but nothing else has changed neither my eating habits nor time of the month hormones.
i'll give it another chance and update later, given the hefty price of this product. really wish had got a sample like the shiseido one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

It did not break me out, but I'm not sure if it did anything benefit my skin