Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 2/17/2005 11:41:00 AM

old fashioned liquid soap. Leaves the familiar film behind and burns eyes.

on 2/16/2005 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this to remove my makeup, and I really like it. It doesn't over dry my skin, and it removes even my waterproof mascara.

on 1/19/2005 2:36:00 PM

Normal Skin

I ended up picking this up because I ran out of my normal cleanser, which I can't purchase at any mall near here and I knew it would take a few days to get from Sephora.

I at least expected it to cleanse my face. I wasn't looking for much.

Good grief. This was terrible. It didn't even get my *makeup* off. Not even almost. I didn't feel clean afterwards and I felt like I had a thin film all over my face, which was truly grotesque feeling. After using it once, I tossed it and just went to the drugstore for some Neutrogena until my skincare arrived in the mail.

I would seriously discourage anyone from using any of the Clinique skincare line.

on 1/16/2005 5:00:00 AM

This cleanser gives that "sqeaky clean" feeling, but it makes my skin a little dry after wards

neverthe less, this cleanser makes my skin feel and look healthy and clean after used the first time.

but too drying.
nice and rich.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this as a substitute when my usual cleanser, Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish, started to break me out. It's a pretty good rinse-off cleanser that I find gets rid of makeup. However, I found it slightly drying and for that reason I probably won't repurchase. Whilst we're on the subject, can I just complain once again about the Clinique SAs' hard-sell approach; I was told I needed to buy the 3-step programme as well as the cleanser, and would need to wash my face with soap AFTER using cleanser - making 4 steps not 3!! I thought this kind of cynical, manipulative ploy went out with the 80's - apparently not. I mean, who wants to spend hours in the bathroom every day? So, a good product but a bad experience - will buy my Clinique products on ebay from now on, and cut out the interference.

Are we all reviewing the same cleanser here? Because this didn't do a damn thing as far as removing makeup!! I even tried massaging this into my skin for a few minutes befroe I rinsed it off! After washing my face with this I used my toner and I still had a bunch of makeup left on my face! The cotton ball I used literally looked like my makeup sponges after I use them to apply foundation! And I don't cake on my makeup either! I got the four ounce sample size of this in a gift set. Definitely won't be purchasing the full-size version! My $2.50 Suave Facial Cleanser does a better job at cleaning than this!!

on 1/3/2005 12:13:00 AM

Too drying for my combo skin in the wintertime. In the summer, it leaves my skin squeaky clean but slightly tight. I like how a little dollop will foam up a lot when mixed with water.

on 11/21/2004 7:08:00 PM

This is my favourite cleanser....... washes off nicely and makes your skin feel clean and not too tight. Also takes off all of your makeup.

on 11/9/2004 10:10:00 AM

I've been using the anti-bac version of this for the last 6 months and it seems to leave my oily skin just right. It removes all make up and sun block and actively prevents / clears up existing breakouts! Don't think anyone with oily skin could ask for much more! Having read the other reviews on this, if it's giving you spots try leaving it on longer? Originally I just rubbed it on my face and rinsed it straight off but the website suggests that 3 mins is the optimum time - ONLY do this if you have really greasy skin - 3 mins clears up an oil slick but I can see it would do a lot of damage to dry / sensitive skin!! It's good to use to in conjunction with the anti-bac soap too. It says something like once a day but used 2 or 3 times a day it doesn't do a lot of harm. I love this and it's going to be one of the things I carry on stocking up on at Bonustime! Update: 21/11/05I've recently switched to the normal foaming cleanser and this seems to do just as much good. This could be due to my skin reacting to changes in the weather and central heating, but it does make it feel a bit smoother than the anti-bac. continued >>

on 10/31/2004 9:19:00 AM

i strayed a few times but always found my way back to this one. it leaves my skin neither too dry nor oily. juuuuuuust the way i want it to be! i would say its good for normal/combo skin. im a combo and it works fantastic for me! UPDATE: since i read the review from one user claiming that this cleanser contains ingredients that cause breakouts, i have stopped using it, for good.