Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 3/16/2005 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

While this did take my makeup off, it left my combo skin very dry and tight. It irritated my face so much after 3 uses that I broke out in big red blotches on my cheeks, and then a few days later I got several pimples on my chin and forehead

on 3/11/2005 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is a make up remover for dry skin,i have oily,acne-prone skin,i got this from GWP.It dose remove my makeup,it's also really gentle and after wash,my skin felt so smooth,i actually liked it,but my only concern is that:will it clogg my pores?if not,i'd buy it again!

on 3/8/2005 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This gives me a sqeaky clean feeling. Great to remove makeup including eye makeup, but not waterproof ones. Expensive but probably WILL repurchase cuz the performance is great and one tube will last years! You only need a small amount to remove makeup and the product will foam up. continued >>

on 3/4/2005 12:24:00 PM

I got one of these in a GWP and found it was nothing remarkable. It removed my makeup perfectly but my skin didn't feel clean afterwards... as if it'd left a grubby film on my skin. :S I prefer clear gel cleansers nowadays.

on 2/27/2005 3:37:00 PM

I've gone through quite a few tubes of this over the years. I stray, but always come back to it. My skin is combo/oily but gets very dehydrated during the winter months. It's also somewhat sensitive to certain cleansers. Clinique's Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser is one of the few cleansers I've found that does a decent job of removing dirt & makeup without drying my skin or breaking me out. I've tried a few other cleansers over the years, but none of them leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized (but clean) the way this does. I really wish they'd change the packaging, though. The cap always ends up getting gunky and it doesn't travel well. Inevatibly the flip-top cap will open during travel and make a huge mess.

on 2/17/2005 11:41:00 AM

old fashioned liquid soap. Leaves the familiar film behind and burns eyes.

on 2/16/2005 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this to remove my makeup, and I really like it. It doesn't over dry my skin, and it removes even my waterproof mascara.

on 1/19/2005 2:36:00 PM

Normal Skin

I ended up picking this up because I ran out of my normal cleanser, which I can't purchase at any mall near here and I knew it would take a few days to get from Sephora.

I at least expected it to cleanse my face. I wasn't looking for much.

Good grief. This was terrible. It didn't even get my *makeup* off. Not even almost. I didn't feel clean afterwards and I felt like I had a thin film all over my face, which was truly grotesque feeling. After using it once, I tossed it and just went to the drugstore for some Neutrogena until my skincare arrived in the mail.

I would seriously discourage anyone from using any of the Clinique skincare line.

on 1/16/2005 5:00:00 AM

This cleanser gives that "sqeaky clean" feeling, but it makes my skin a little dry after wards

neverthe less, this cleanser makes my skin feel and look healthy and clean after used the first time.

but too drying.
nice and rich.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this as a substitute when my usual cleanser, Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish, started to break me out. It's a pretty good rinse-off cleanser that I find gets rid of makeup. However, I found it slightly drying and for that reason I probably won't repurchase. Whilst we're on the subject, can I just complain once again about the Clinique SAs' hard-sell approach; I was told I needed to buy the 3-step programme as well as the cleanser, and would need to wash my face with soap AFTER using cleanser - making 4 steps not 3!! I thought this kind of cynical, manipulative ploy went out with the 80's - apparently not. I mean, who wants to spend hours in the bathroom every day? So, a good product but a bad experience - will buy my Clinique products on ebay from now on, and cut out the interference.