April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2004 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Capprii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this self tanner. It is extremly easy to apply, dries fast(10 minutes) and does not streak at all. It also does not smell horrible like other self tanners. I am naturally extremly pale and to me this makes me look very golden and tanned, but that could be because I have no color to begin with. I also perfer this over the tanning salon because it seems to look nicer, darker and more even than the color I get in the tanning bed without painful burning.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2003 3:46:00 PM More reviews by eka8098

I have this lotion for the face and the spray for the body as well. I find the body spray smells really strong and always makes my legs sting. Do not use after shaving!! The face lotion is ok, but does not give a lot of color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2003 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

It's the first selftanner I've bought and it's a very good one! From the first application on, my skin was a lot more tanned. Use it a few times and you have a holiday-tan. The only disadvantage is that it makes my skin somewhat dry. I have a combination skin. Maybe that's the reason; I'm not sure. It is really worth trying though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2003 10:17:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This came in a nice bottle but quite honestly i got this for free. This made my skin look sort of yellow and not bronze. I don't reccommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2003 5:36:00 AM More reviews by susiesparker

I used the gel formulation which is really easy to apply. I have had loads of compliments on the colour - people asking if I've been away or been to a salon for a St Tropez tan. Cool as this was an inexpensive product. I am really pleased with the coverage and there are no patches - but I moisturised dry bits first and I am a bit of an expert at applying self tans these days!
BUT all that aside - for the last two days i have had a rash all over my chest and back. Like heat rash but not so itchy just bumpy and unsexy feeling. I am sure this is the culprit as it seems to have some pretty powerful ingredients in it. Think i will try a more "natural" product next time, insofar as fake tans can have natural ingredients. Maybe the Body Shop.
I recommend doing a patch test first - in the shop before you buy. Colour is fab though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Tanjas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good self-tanner, available in two versions - one for normal and dark skins, the other for fair skin. I use the darker one and in just one application it gives very beautiful, golden bronze color. It also doesn't dry out the skin and does not smell terrible like many other ST, but it's quite strongly perfumed - that's why I give rating 4. Othevise very good and comparable with the expensive ones.