L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

on 3/17/2004 3:49:00 PM

I am loving this! It's by far the best self-tanner I've purchased (although I haven't tried any high end yet). I bought the tinted lotion which is great because it gives you a very natural instant glow. It dried quickly, didn't streak, and didn't smell terrible like most others do. This is exactly what I've been searching for! I can see myself reaching for this over and over again this spring and summer, since I'll be *trying* once again to avoid the wrinkle-causing sun!

on 3/15/2004 3:33:00 PM

I saw this in my Lucky magazine. It was supposed to be a natural bronze color. Well, it wasn't. When I first put it on it was a nice brown, but then the color developed and I woke up with orange all over. And the smell is gross. I will stick with my ST. Tropez.

I bought this worthless gel in deep. I had to go to school with an orange face. I mean to tell you that it was 5 shades of orange next to my pale white neck. ~DO NOT~ I REPEAT ~DO NOT~ WASTE 7 DOLLARS ON THIS NIGHTMARE!!!

I rubbed my face raw with a cotton ball soaked in peroxide to try and lighten this and it won't come off. If you want a good sunless tanner go to sally beauty supply and pick up Savage Bronzer(check the reviews). It's 10 bucks but it's worth a few extra dollars not to look like an oven baked oompa loompa.
EDIT 03/16/04: It is two days after I put this on my face and I discovered if I try to rub it off, it looks as though it's getting lighter, after 30 minutes I looked in the mirror and it had only continued to get a darker orange color! When will this madness end? I have a new name for this, sublime? more like SUBstandard. continued >>

on 3/12/2004 4:49:00 PM

I saw the pretty advertisement for this product in a magazine and just had to try it, must say I am loving it. The color looks very natural and normal, not orangey or ruddy as some self-tanners make you look. I love the packaging and scent they put in it, not too cloying or offensive. Also, has wonderful moisturizing properties as well, a winner!!!!

UPDATE
I think this is now my HG self-tanner, girls! The lotion is the best one of the lot, better than the gel. Get the white, untinted lotion (I use it in Light to med. and it works like a dream). Not too streaky, not a bad odor, and very Natural looking color. Am adoring this product and I have used everything from that awful old Copportone QT to Clarins and Chanel, this Rocks!!!

on 3/12/2004 3:23:00 PM

I just bought this about a week ago and was very sketchy about it--not only b/c I 've tried every other self tanner there is but also b/c it was so cheap. I love it, though! I got the lotion in medium and absolutely can't live without it now....the only thing I could live without is the smell of it. It's not very pleasant, but the product itself is great, so I will def. buy again!
UPDATE* I recently purchased the Gel form of this product and am so happy with it. Better smell, easier and smoother application, and it actually softens my skin after application! AWESOME!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great stuff. I chose the lotion in medium/deep. I'm a first time self tanner, and I loved this stuff. Dries in like 5 minutes and does NOT rub off on my clothes. Great color for me becuase my skin has natural yellow undertones. Smells good at first but after like an hour or so, it starts to smell kinda funky. The color faded on me after the first 3 or 4 days. Regardless, I loved this stuff, definitely buy again.

on 2/8/2004 4:04:00 PM

Love it!

on 1/27/2004 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I adore this self tanner. It is extremly easy to apply, dries fast(10 minutes) and does not streak at all. It also does not smell horrible like other self tanners. I am naturally extremly pale and to me this makes me look very golden and tanned, but that could be because I have no color to begin with. I also perfer this over the tanning salon because it seems to look nicer, darker and more even than the color I get in the tanning bed without painful burning.

on 10/21/2003 3:46:00 PM

I have this lotion for the face and the spray for the body as well. I find the body spray smells really strong and always makes my legs sting. Do not use after shaving!! The face lotion is ok, but does not give a lot of color.

on 10/15/2003 8:09:00 AM

It's the first selftanner I've bought and it's a very good one! From the first application on, my skin was a lot more tanned. Use it a few times and you have a holiday-tan. The only disadvantage is that it makes my skin somewhat dry. I have a combination skin. Maybe that's the reason; I'm not sure. It is really worth trying though!