L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

I bought this worthless gel in deep. I had to go to school with an orange face. I mean to tell you that it was 5 shades of orange next to my pale white neck. ~DO NOT~ I REPEAT ~DO NOT~ WASTE 7 DOLLARS ON THIS NIGHTMARE!!!

I rubbed my face raw with a cotton ball soaked in peroxide to try and lighten this and it won't come off. If you want a good sunless tanner go to sally beauty supply and pick up Savage Bronzer(check the reviews). It's 10 bucks but it's worth a few extra dollars not to look like an oven baked oompa loompa.
EDIT 03/16/04: It is two days after I put this on my face and I discovered if I try to rub it off, it looks as though it's getting lighter, after 30 minutes I looked in the mirror and it had only continued to get a darker orange color! When will this madness end? I have a new name for this, sublime? more like SUBstandard. continued >>

on 3/12/2004 4:49:00 PM

I saw the pretty advertisement for this product in a magazine and just had to try it, must say I am loving it. The color looks very natural and normal, not orangey or ruddy as some self-tanners make you look. I love the packaging and scent they put in it, not too cloying or offensive. Also, has wonderful moisturizing properties as well, a winner!!!!

UPDATE
I think this is now my HG self-tanner, girls! The lotion is the best one of the lot, better than the gel. Get the white, untinted lotion (I use it in Light to med. and it works like a dream). Not too streaky, not a bad odor, and very Natural looking color. Am adoring this product and I have used everything from that awful old Copportone QT to Clarins and Chanel, this Rocks!!!

on 3/12/2004 3:23:00 PM

I just bought this about a week ago and was very sketchy about it--not only b/c I 've tried every other self tanner there is but also b/c it was so cheap. I love it, though! I got the lotion in medium and absolutely can't live without it now....the only thing I could live without is the smell of it. It's not very pleasant, but the product itself is great, so I will def. buy again!
UPDATE* I recently purchased the Gel form of this product and am so happy with it. Better smell, easier and smoother application, and it actually softens my skin after application! AWESOME!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great stuff. I chose the lotion in medium/deep. I'm a first time self tanner, and I loved this stuff. Dries in like 5 minutes and does NOT rub off on my clothes. Great color for me becuase my skin has natural yellow undertones. Smells good at first but after like an hour or so, it starts to smell kinda funky. The color faded on me after the first 3 or 4 days. Regardless, I loved this stuff, definitely buy again.

on 2/8/2004 4:04:00 PM

Love it!

on 1/27/2004 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I adore this self tanner. It is extremly easy to apply, dries fast(10 minutes) and does not streak at all. It also does not smell horrible like other self tanners. I am naturally extremly pale and to me this makes me look very golden and tanned, but that could be because I have no color to begin with. I also perfer this over the tanning salon because it seems to look nicer, darker and more even than the color I get in the tanning bed without painful burning.

on 10/21/2003 3:46:00 PM

I have this lotion for the face and the spray for the body as well. I find the body spray smells really strong and always makes my legs sting. Do not use after shaving!! The face lotion is ok, but does not give a lot of color.

on 10/15/2003 8:09:00 AM

It's the first selftanner I've bought and it's a very good one! From the first application on, my skin was a lot more tanned. Use it a few times and you have a holiday-tan. The only disadvantage is that it makes my skin somewhat dry. I have a combination skin. Maybe that's the reason; I'm not sure. It is really worth trying though!

This came in a nice bottle but quite honestly i got this for free. This made my skin look sort of yellow and not bronze. I don't reccommend this to anyone.

I used the gel formulation which is really easy to apply. I have had loads of compliments on the colour - people asking if I've been away or been to a salon for a St Tropez tan. Cool as this was an inexpensive product. I am really pleased with the coverage and there are no patches - but I moisturised dry bits first and I am a bit of an expert at applying self tans these days!
BUT all that aside - for the last two days i have had a rash all over my chest and back. Like heat rash but not so itchy just bumpy and unsexy feeling. I am sure this is the culprit as it seems to have some pretty powerful ingredients in it. Think i will try a more "natural" product next time, insofar as fake tans can have natural ingredients. Maybe the Body Shop.
I recommend doing a patch test first - in the shop before you buy. Colour is fab though.