October 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by srmakeupalley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is great. I came across this product while visiting my cousins. I had left my regular cleanser at home and was looking for a replacement that I could use on my trip. This cleanser is awesome. The packing is very simple: a white tube with the name of the product on it. The cleanser itself is white and is of a creamy texture. I have only used this as a cleanser so I cannot comment on its ability as a mask. When I spread this on my face is felt very cooling (gave a very cool feeling to my face). I love the fact that it has a creamy texture but that it does not make me break out. This is due to the fact that the cleanser contains 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. This cleanser is fabulous and has helped to clear up my acne prone skin. I was using the Proactiv cleanser before and I can say that these 2 cleansers are similar. This works just as well as the Proactiv cleanser but without the expensive price. RECOMMENDED.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by najeema

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!! It's the only face wash I've stuck with, and I've been using it for almost 4 years now. It works incredibly well on my oily, slightly breakout prone skin. It leaves me skin smooth, gets off all my makeup, and prevents breakouts. Before this, I'd used products with salicylic acid, which always left my skin irritated. The benzol peroxide here controls my oil, but it's not too harsh on my skin. On the rare occasion I've tried something else, I inevitably come back to this product. And while I find it expensive for a drugstore brand, it's cheaper than higher-end products and works better for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by hannahlise

ok, i was warned about the "not-for-sensitive-skin" quality of this product, but was willing to take the risk if it cleared out the clogged pores around my nose. it did...but my skin turned red for about 1 hour. the results after the redness faded were great though, the pores around my nose were cleared out and smaller, and my face feels smooth. i think this would work great for someone with normal or oily skin...or just not as sensitive as mine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2006 12:28:00 AM More reviews by a_ro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After Proactiv stopped working I started to use this. Although it didnt clear me up completely, I did notice improvement. I liked the tingly, clean feeling when using it. It also helped clear up the blackheads on my nose. After a while it seemed like it wasnt doing much so I stopped using it. I tried to use it again recently and it felt terrible on my face, probably due to the fact that I started using Differin & some other acne medications-it was just way to harsh for me and felt my skin was burning instead of the tingly sensation...but I would use again if my skin wasnt sensitive from the acne medications and I like that it has a dual purpose ...on a side note, as some others mentioned it will bleach whatever it touches!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by arikboi76

I love this mask. I use it 2-3x per week especially after a long week of work and daily application of sunscreen. I love how it cleans my skin and leaves it nice and soft. It prevents most acne and I like the tingly sensation, although, I can see how it could be a turn off for some people. It's easiest to apply, let sit for couple minutes (I go for 20 minutes) and then wash it off in the shower. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Chou_Girl

I love this Neutrogena product! It gave to my skin a nice texture and helps me keep it clear. The packaging needs some improvement, but this is definitely a must-try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does nothing for me, either as a mask or a cleanser. Not even sure why I bought it mow because it's just a white, thick, slightly drying, non foaming cleanser that is so non-descriptive and useless they may as well discontinue it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sarah_18

As a cleanser: not effective at all

As an overnight treatment: it brings whiteheads up quicker? (is that a good thing? :/)

As a mask: not too bad! :) I love the fresh tingling feeling and the light scent. Afterwards, my face definitely becomes softer. The only thing I have against this product is that it doesn't really prevent or treat acne. I probably won't buy it again. But it never hurts to try it out, since the price is decent and apparently it works for most people.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by purplephilia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I used this, I used it as a mask and I was so amazed. My skin looked SO much better immediately, and in the morning it looked even better! I was thrilled! The next night I used it as a cleanser and was disappointed with the lack of noticeable change. Used it as a mask the next night, and the miracle failed to happen again. :( I even started to get new pimples, although it could be because I'm PMSing--I had previously tried it on my chin a couple times and didn't break out. I just used it tonight, and I look like I have a sunburn. What the heck?! The only thing I'd done different is that I hadn't worn make up today so I didn't use a Biore wipe before using the mask. The good thing is that it apparently doesn't make me break out, and my skin is very acne-prone so this is a very good thing. I don't think I've been using it long enough to determine whether or not it actually helps keep acne at bay. I've used it as an overnight spot treatment once, and it didn't seem to make any difference. It's somewhat easy to rinse off, and the smell is nice. I use Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cleanser Cream in the afternoon (I'm almost out, which is why I got the Clear Pore), and use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion twice a day (afternoon and night). I won't be giving up on this yet--I keep hoping for a repeat of those initial results! EDIT 3/2008: I got a kit of acne face treatment for Christmas in '06 and used that instead of this wash for a while. That product kept me decently clear. When I ran out and went back to this Neutrogena product, I immediately started breaking out! I threw it away and haven't even thought about it since. I now use AcneFree and it works well enough for me to not think about trying anything else. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 5:36:00 PM More reviews by northdakota84

This works really well. I use it as a mask a few times a week. Generally I use it during the day because you only have to leave it on for 5 minutes. It doesn't dry me out too much (I use a moisturizer afterwards), and it does help heal and prevent pimples. I like to use it before I go out on weekends because it helps control oil production so my makeup stays put.