Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 4/12/2007 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My dermatologist recommended this to me and said all of his clients love it, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's expensive for an over the counter ($7-8), but it does a good job of making my skin feel smooth. It ISN'T good at removing makeup or a lot of oil, so I wash my face first, then use it as a mask. It gives a nice firm feel, but doesn't close pores or get rid of blackheads. I alternate use or my skin would be too dry, plus it's expensive and wouldn't last long, but I will use again. The only downside is the clay hardens around the cap so it won't close, but that's minor.

on 4/7/2007 12:34:00 AM

Yuck! This made me break out on my chin within a few days of use. I got some of the nasty under-skin cyst type zits too. Difficult to rinse off, and if you don't get it all off and get some on the towel when you dry your face, the benzoyl peroxide bleaches the towel! I threw this product out after a couple of weeks.

on 4/6/2007 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great way to deliver BP. It has clay in it, which is why it makes a good mask. Sucks up excess oil as a mask, good scrub for those "icky" days, and is a great spot treatment for areas that feel like they could erupt. HOWEVER, go easy on this stuff and try not to make it a daily habit. BP can cause your skin to be photosensitive and irritated if you use it too much (don't use on old red marks). I find that my skin is too sensitive to use this daily, as it can suck up toooo much moisture. FInd another cleanser to alternate this with, get a good moisturizer (jojoba oil!), and this product will do its job effectively.

on 4/4/2007 4:20:00 PM

I will be repurchasing this product as long as it continues to control my acne.
This helps my face more than drinking copious amounts of water, any masks or scrubs, adequate amounts of sleep, etc. The only thing I really see making a bigger difference in my skin than this cleanser is eating tons of veggies, which get expensive. This is $3.99 at my local drugstore, and lasts about a month. I use it in the shower to wash my face for about 45 seconds in the evening, and use it occasionally, maybe once a week, as a mask. The only other things I use on my face are pore strips 2-3 times a month, my moisturizer in the morning, and a toner in the morning if there's still makeup around my eyes.

This product works GREAT, and I saw results after a few days, and continues to really control my breakouts after a few months. I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase. I don't use much on my face besides this. So, I think it's not bombarding my facial skin with products, and the benzoyl peroxide in this formula that have really made the difference for me. I still use Clean & Clear Persagel 10 to spot treat every now and then.

on 4/2/2007 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm a dude, yes a dude, but I love to take care of my skin. My skin is very oily,but this cleanser quickly put it in check! This is the best cleanser I've used in a long time!

on 3/31/2007 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff!! I was only using AHA foaming cleanser and a friend of mine said she uses this and thought I should try it to clear the black heads on my nose and occassional acne. I did try it and I LOVE IT. I mix it with a little baking soda and wash my face twice a day with it, as I did with the AHA foaming face wash. The baking soda helps get all my make up off and helps exfoliate since this has no AHA or salicylic acid in it. It does have benzoyl peroxide in it which has definitely helped clear my black heads.
Highly recommend that you try it. : )

on 3/19/2007 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Overall: Product is good, Packaging is Bad
I have been using this off and on for last 5 years. I use this in summer time, it controls my oil, and fades spots from occasional acne because it contains benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. When I use this for about 6 weeks, I can go without makeup. (In winter time, I use noxzema because my skin tends to be dryer. ) Its very comparable to Proactiv, but 5 times cheaper. But proactiv has glycolic and lactic acid for exfoliation/cell turnover YET this this stuff doesnt help my pore size and it only prevents acne, so make sure to use a professional peel/or scrub on alternative days so you are still getting enough glycolic in ur skin for exfoliation. The only thing I hate about the packaging is the close top doesnt close, I recently noticed that for about 6 months neutragena hasnt been doing a good job in Quality Assurance. Other than that, I would highly recommend this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

awesome product for acne prone skin...helped me out with my sudden break out due to various factors..keeping my pores unclogged

on 3/8/2007 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It has helped to clear my acne better than the clinque 3 step system.

on 3/8/2007 7:09:00 AM

I had a serious bout of breakouts for quite a long period of time due to hormone changes, stress, poor diet and lack of sleep. I have combination skin, prone to clogged pores, and my skin can get flaky during winter periods. This cleanser is my HG and I'm already on to my 2nd tube. All my acnes cleared up within a week of usage and my pores aren't as clogged as before (i have to put on makeup for work everyday, thus partly contributing to clogged pores). The fresh minty feeling makes my face feels really clean. Works great as a deep cleansing mask too. I use this for my pimply back too. Am a new neutrogena and drugstore loots convert!

My only gripe is the cap doesn't close properly. This cleanser contains benzoyl peroxide, so for those sensitive to bp or tend to use products that react against bp, do reconsider using this.