October 1, 2014 | 1789 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is it. I finally found it. Before this I used Vincent Longo's concealer in the pot. I still really really love that one a lot but for my needs this one just holds up better. My main problem is redness around my nose. I rarely put concealer around my eyes because no matter what it always goes into the fine lines that my 41 year old skin is developing. I am outside a lot. I have a runny nose from november to may every year and nothing has withstood the occasional nose blowing I do throughtout a wintery day, except this stuff. It really does stay in place. And it looks completely natural. I am an NW20 and I use the lightest color. I have also used this at the inner corner of my eyes where I have some blue discoloration and this also seems to be immune to runny eyes as well. This is a really great product and I pray they never stop making it. There is nothing else that I have found that works as well as this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by cody08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great concealer i wear the double wear foundation so these two work well together a bit expensive though for such a small tube

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2006 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This concealer does stay put for most of the day, although I do tend to touch up just before I leave work, and the coverage is good. The only major problem I have with this concealer is that it settles into fine lines and really highlights them. The colour, in medium light, also is slightly dark when it dries, but light is too light, so I have to mix it with my YSL touche eclat. The colour is just a personal problem, but I think highlighting wrinkles would probably affect most users.
Update: After using it for a few days now, i have realised that there are pinky tones to this conealer, which just highlight my bags as I am a neutral/yellow tone. I certainly will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Somo

pretty darn good...doesn't dry out (blemishes), convenient, price is well....
a little pink...but not noticeable

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cfeliz

I love this concealer. I have problems with dark undereye circles and a few blemish marks. u need the tiniest drop and poof it dissapears. I bought this along with the new estee lauder double wear powder and its great. Best concealer I've tried thus far. And I have a gagillion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Jenna309

HG for now. I have tried every concealer for my blue transulency under my eyes...CDP, BB, lancome, clinique, LM, Amaz Cosmetics. This is the only one that lasts and does not crease. It is slightly drying so I slather on Paulas Choice hyrating cream first, wait a few minutes then apply. I am fair but the light was too light for me. I like light-medium so I don't look like raccoon. Great on blemishes and does not cause breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2006 6:36:00 PM More reviews by rsoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only concealer out there (and I have tried MANY) that covers my skin discolorations and actually stays in place!! I use it daily and wouldn't trust anything else on my skin for flaws. Even on the hottest, most humid days, this product has stay put, while others just have separated and melted. Yet still comes off with my regular cleanser when I want it to. A wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

This is one of the better concealers I've tried, and I've tried just about every single product out there since I have hereditary dark circles. :( I first use the Estee Lauder ReNutriv concealer UNDER my foundation, and the Double Wear OVER it. I have not found it to be drying on me at all, it stays in place very well, does not crease, and provides good coverage. Another little tip is to use the newer Estee Lauder Ideal Light (07, Pink) underneath this product to help reduce darkness and brighten up the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by fifi_la_rue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I've ever used. It covers well, It does stays in place all day and lasts forever! I've been using It for about 4 years now every day and I'm only on my second one. I use It under and over my eyes and to cover up blemishes. If you moisturise daily your eyes, you won't have a drying problem with this concealer. I will definitely repurchase over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by machasa

Right now I reach for this every morning. I do usually have to touch up mid - day, so lastability is moderated. Covers well, I just wish it would stay on longer. I usually only use a small dab with the wand tip on areas I want to cover and that is plenty to do the trick. On my undereye area, I put it on immediately after moisturizing and it doesn't end up looking dry or cakey. Not HG material, but I'm not sorely disappointed in it either.