Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 1/28/2008 2:44:00 PM

Well this is not the worst concealer I have ever used, but despite the rave reviews here, I'm sorry to say that this concealer was very disappointing indeed and I made a grave mistake purchasing it. It doesnt cover nearly as well with dark circles as it claims to without looking cakey and dries on pretty dark...so that its visible where you have concealer on! (for spots)...it just sets and dries up too quickly..i dont know what I was thinking when I bought this..going to try and return it and either way go back to purchasing my old concealer...maybe its just that my dark circles are hereditry or that i'm applying this concealer wrong but...it took so many layers of products to get the same effect that Prescriptives Flawless Total Protection Concealer does with only two! (mixed with eye cream and without any foundation)...and i think the latter lasts more hours too

on 1/27/2008 1:56:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The old formula in the square shaped bottle was my HG for covering spots. It had a high Titanium Dioxide content and thus never wore off and did not break me out. They recently changed the formula and the coloring. The wand is more user friendly though. The level of Titanium Dioxide went down and I noticed the formula is thinner and runnier.

Initially I was very dissapointed with the new formual and could not obtain the right color choice or get it to stay on the spots like it use to all day. I tried the color Light Medium and then returned it and repurchased the color Light. But that turned out to be too light!

It all had a happy ending. I finally tried this under my eyes and found that it is super and last longer than anything else I have tried in the marketplace for that area! It even beats my old HG Bobbi Brown corrector for undereye circles. The BB will settle into lines after a couple of hours, this one does not. Also, no dryness so far if you moisturize well. This was what I wanted Mac Moisture Cover to be but wasn't.

Yay! Use this for under eyes only and you won't be dissapointed! Now I am still using my old bottle of the old formulation on spots. If I can find a new replacement for that purpose, I will be very happy. I'll try Shu Umera concealers next.

on 1/19/2008 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG concealer. They were out of it a few weeks ago at my local EL counter(s) and I tried a different one by Clinique, but it was as if my day didn't go well because every time I looked in the mirror I could see that something was different -- my dark circles were there! I love this Concealer and will continue to buy it again and again until I either get turned on to something even better or they stop making it (which I hope never happens!)

on 12/31/2007 1:33:00 AM

So far this is my HG concealer for both my under eye circles and my tiny broken capillaries around/under my nose and blemishes. I am NC 30, Chanel Beige, EL DW Ivory Beige, and I use the DW Concealer in medium for my dark under eye circles and medium/deep for my blemishes & broken capillaries.

Under Eye Circles: In another review of mine I prime my under eye area w/ MAC full coverge foundation in NC25, as it is the same as their SF concealer in the pot but you get more for your $$ by purchasing it via Full Coverage Foundation. After I prime my under eye area, I let it sit for about a minute then I put 3 tiny dots of my EL DW concealer over it ~ corner of eye, center, and at the end of my eye. I quickly blend it in w/ my MAC 190 foundation brush, but I am sure to pat it, then blend it in. As with EL DW items you have to work a little quickly as it will "set" and blending will be hard to do once set. After it is set, I give my under eye area a light dusting og LM Secret Brightening Powder in 01 and the results are amazing. My dark circles are concealed, and I look awake w/ out any cakiness or creasing. You would think there would be some creasing as I primed, concealed, and duested, but there is none! The results last all day :) It didn't look dry either as I am sure to always moisturize w/ an eye cream.

Blemishes/ Broken capillaries: I have tiny red broken capillaries under my nose and on the side of my nose. After I apply my foundation, I dot my EL DW concealer in medium/ deep over the area w/ my broken capillaries and pat/ blend with my MAC 190 foundation brush. The color is perfect as it becomes one w/ my skin, and the broken capillaries are covered. Afterwards I set my foundation/ concealer w/ a light dusting of my HG loose poweder ~ NARS Beach. Perfect! If I have a blemish or two, I simply dot the blemish and blend, and it is "concealed" also. The results last all day w/ out any flakiness or dryness. I love EL DW concealer.

This concealer comes in a wand/ doe foot packaging which is hygenic (sp?), but I did notice that my med/deep one the doe-foot padding has partially torn off..perhaps of the constant use? My medium one hasn't done that...thank-goodness. I have used these concealers for about a year now as a tiny dot or two is all you need. I believe I payed $21 each for them, not sure, but well worth it. I will definitely keep repurchasing these concealers as they do wonders for me :)

on 11/18/2007 6:06:00 AM

I adore Double Wear foundation, so I thought this would complement it beautifully. Like the foundation, it feels light and has good staying power, but I won't repurchase. I'm extremely pale with pronounced undereye circles, and the lightest shade of Double Wear Concealer was too dark for me, and very yellow. Combined with bluish undertones beneath my eyes, this concealer made my eyes look quite a lurid, obvious green colour. Other people even made this observation, which is totally not what you want from a concealer! Also, because it's such a light fluid consistency, it's difficult to build up, and when I tried it ended up looking greyish and cakey. A lot of concealers are too dark or too yellow for my pale complexion and undereye bags, so this may not be a really objective review, and this product would probably work beautifully for someone with a healthier skin tone and less pronounced discolouration below the eyes. I will say it sits nicely on the skin and doesn't exacerbate lines and wrinkles, but it's not for me!

on 11/15/2007 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this concealer and I really can't say that I hate it but I definitely won't be repurchasing. The coverage is good and it absorbs somewhat well,, BUT boy does it make your skin dry dry dry! It's like it sucked all the oil out of my skin and I have really oily skin. And even though it covered mt undereye circles well, it really didn't do much for my dark spots and because it's so drying, I ended up looking made-up and cakey. I gave it 3 lippies because it does stay in place and may work well for others...

on 11/14/2007 7:59:00 AM

I bought this in Medium and I think it works well for the eyes but NOT on my face cuz this stuff breaks me out like DW foundation =((((( The colour and coverage are good though but wouldn't buy again.

on 11/3/2007 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's a decent concealer but not great. It does not cover acne scar well because of its liquid texture, it can be used as undereye concealer but because its thickness, it does not blend easily and a few hours after applying, the product settles and fine line around the delicate eye area become visible. The tip of the wand applicator gets worn so easily, the cotton part of the tip of mine was torn off just a few months after I used it and I don't use it too often.The Estee Lauder Smoothing Cream concealer works much better for undereye area and the price is cheaper. I might consider buying it again because of the SPF 10.

I really like this concealer. It doesn't make me look like i have wrinkles and it stays put. So much better than Lancome's Effacernes.

on 10/23/2007 10:29:00 AM

I absolutely detest this concealer. It covers well due to the thick consistency but after about half an hour, it looks cakey and obvious! The staying power is also minimal and disappointing. To make matters worse, due to the lack of moisturising properties in the Double Wear Stay-in Place Concealer, the product settles into my fine lines and leaves me with an unrested, worn-out appearance.

I don't recommend this concealer considering the low quality, limited shade/colour range and the high price. This product could not compare to the Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch in my opinion. I recommend Giorgio Armani HPR over this, it is much more effective in providing coverage which actually lasts and looks natural.

I expected better from Estee Lauder. To be honest, I find it really odd how it seems to be working well for most people with the exception of myself and a few others but unfortunately, that seems to happen with all products nowadays.