July 29, 2014 | 1913 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by JinaChan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

People must be rating this highly for blemishes. I tried it for undereye circles and it does not blend well, looks fake, and is much too dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by carrie107

I use this concealer on skin imperfections and blemishes. I do not use it under my eyes because it is a little bit too drying. However, it has great coverage and does stay in place all day long for those imperfections you're trying to disguise. A great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by AshleyBrooke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do like this concealer. I got it in the medium shade which may be a tad too dark, but i do think if i got the shade under it, it would be too light (i'm told their concealers don't have a good color selection) Anyway, this does conceal quite well. I like Estee Lauders foundations (i have the double wear foundation which covers sooo well) and this concealer does live up to that expectation. It has good staying power and does conceal well, but for the price.. hmmmm i spend $28 dollars on this (very small amount) and it was quite a hard bullet to bite. I think i'll pass next time unless i can find nothing better. Hopefully this one will last me quite awhile!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2006 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Silent_Voice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually have problems finding concealers in the right shade, but this, in 03 medium, matches me perfectly. Does an awesome job at covering up pimples without looking cakey. Creamy, glides on with ease and stays the whole day through. A bit heavy to use under the eyes though. Best concealer so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by achick

This is by far the best concealer I've ever used. It doesn't look weird on my skin (which many concealers do in certain light) and also doesn't have yellow or pink tones which is perfect for my light, neutral skin tone. It covers pimples fine, but mainly I use it to cover red marks. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by selliott1078

Great coverage and staying power. I use this under my eyes on my big fat circles and bags and they disappear (well, the circles do, anyway). I also use this to cover up redness around my nose. Like the other reviewer said, very thin, but a lot of pigment. I like this better than the cle de peau concealer which creases but also offers very good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2005 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mistyprochaska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this with the Double Wear foundation. I had to take the foundation back even though I liked it, because it made me break out. The concealer, however, I am keeping and will repurchase. Very good coverage, great staying power, no creasing. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2005 6:57:00 PM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very good concealer! Stays on and covers very well...The best I've used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by xtinaxtina

This stuff is fantastic! It really covers, it really stays in place, & it doesn't look cakey or thick. In fact, it's a thinnner consistency than most concealers, but it must be very pigmented. It also blends really well into my skin & could be worn with nothing over it. I'm using this for blemishes & scars, not undereye, though I think it would work well for that, too. I never would have tried this without all the great reviews on MUA!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

My very first concealer! :-) I am so pleased with this product, and I searched productville before buying anything, so I owe it all to you guys! The color selection isn't expansive (there are only three), but I found a match in the middle one, which is Light-Medium. Like the reviewer below, the SA also had a tough time figuring out which was better, Light or Light-Medium, but we both decided on L-M because it was a tad bit darker, which is safer than a concealer being too light. It comes in a nailpolish looking container, with a lip-gloss type wand. I dab a dot on my hand and use a small brush to blend it under my eyes. I usually don't have undereye gray/blue-ness, but with all the lack of sleep and 8 hour days on the computer, they have appeared. This product really does hide them all-day-long! I must moisturize about 5 minutes prior to using this, as I do have a very dry eye area. This concealer isn't cakey, but a little goes a very long way with it, so overapplying it may cause cakey-ness. It dries fairly quickly, so I recommend fully applying it to one eye at a time. The price is high, at $19.00, but I think it's going to last me a very long time. A huge plus to this concealer is that you don't have to wear foundation/powder with it. It's so subtle that it can be worn alone.
EDITED 5/3/06: Color match is terrible when you look into those ugly flourescent lights in the restrooms at work. I had white cirlces under my eyes, and I'm quite fair-skinned AND I bought the 2nd shade (there are only 3 to choose from). Downgrading from 5 to 3. If you can get a color match with one of the three shades, it's a good product. Oh and also, it does cake into fine lines, but I haven't tried a concealer that doesn't. I just use tinted moisturizer to fix my dark circles.