April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

My very first concealer! :-) I am so pleased with this product, and I searched productville before buying anything, so I owe it all to you guys! The color selection isn't expansive (there are only three), but I found a match in the middle one, which is Light-Medium. Like the reviewer below, the SA also had a tough time figuring out which was better, Light or Light-Medium, but we both decided on L-M because it was a tad bit darker, which is safer than a concealer being too light. It comes in a nailpolish looking container, with a lip-gloss type wand. I dab a dot on my hand and use a small brush to blend it under my eyes. I usually don't have undereye gray/blue-ness, but with all the lack of sleep and 8 hour days on the computer, they have appeared. This product really does hide them all-day-long! I must moisturize about 5 minutes prior to using this, as I do have a very dry eye area. This concealer isn't cakey, but a little goes a very long way with it, so overapplying it may cause cakey-ness. It dries fairly quickly, so I recommend fully applying it to one eye at a time. The price is high, at $19.00, but I think it's going to last me a very long time. A huge plus to this concealer is that you don't have to wear foundation/powder with it. It's so subtle that it can be worn alone.
EDITED 5/3/06: Color match is terrible when you look into those ugly flourescent lights in the restrooms at work. I had white cirlces under my eyes, and I'm quite fair-skinned AND I bought the 2nd shade (there are only 3 to choose from). Downgrading from 5 to 3. If you can get a color match with one of the three shades, it's a good product. Oh and also, it does cake into fine lines, but I haven't tried a concealer that doesn't. I just use tinted moisturizer to fix my dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by bobbieh2

Best concealer for blue/red under eye circles! Great coverage and good for sensitive eyes. Let dry just a little after you dab on prior to blending for more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by reformedspender

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would be my HG concealer for marks on my face, BUT the colour isn't 100% perfect. Right now I'm using the medium/light and it's a bit too pink for my skin, the light is too light and the medium is way too dark except in the middle of summer when I use bronzer. This stuff stays put all day lone on dried acne or on scars or on pigment marks. Won't stick to wet acne and I do not like it under my eyes, too opaque or dry.

I settle for an off colour because it does last so well and it contributes to a flawless face for a night out when I do pack on the makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2005 2:30:00 AM More reviews by one_life_lover

I really liked this product. I bought it thinking it was something else I had previously used so I was a little disappointed at first but it turned out to be great. It's easy to apply & smooths on evenly with a nice matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 12:33:00 AM More reviews by mistermark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Lasts all day. I put this on blemishes to hide them, and it works. Works all day...seriously...and I'm oily and it still keeps going and going. Hope Lauder keeps this one going forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Donnamackay

I've finally found a product that has inspired me to get off my lazy bum and write a review. Bought this a few days ago and I LOVE IT! I use it primarily for the undereye area and a) it covers and brightens really well, b) does not crease, and c) lasts and lasts. I could go the whole day without re-applying. I've found my HG concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2005 1:03:00 PM More reviews by goffbride99

I love, love this product! It is the best concealer I have ever used. I have been using it for years. It is the only concealer that doesn't break me out; I have very acne prone skin. The coverage lasts all day long, too, so I don't ever worry about touch ups.

I gave this product a 4 out 5 rating because they discontinued the very light intensity shade and that was the one that matched my skin the best. The product is so great, though, that I use the next lightest shade, light intensity, and just try to blend it as well as I can!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by DOSErica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

**ALERT! I was told this week by at Estee Lauder that this product is being discontinued!!***I love this product! I've used it for years. The wand applicator is not very long, which makes it easy to apply accurately. it stays in place forever and covers my dark circles - only product ever to do this well!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2005 2:14:00 PM More reviews by absmile

Love this! Works wonders on my under eye circles! Doesn't crease if set with powder (I'm 41).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2005 10:13:00 AM More reviews by ajohnsonrd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim w/ DW foundation, and love them both. I have dry skin, but love this. I have tried lancome photogenic, bobbi brown,YSL,Lorac,Stila and many other concealers. They all crease, or look dry and cracked if I add powder. Not this one. I use if over the EL advanced night repair eye cream, and don't need a powder. I am surprised, but will definitely purchase again.