Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 4/28/2003 7:32:00 PM

I found this to work great and better for me than my usual which is the Almay non-oily eye makeup remover pads (been using forever). Anyway I used the Rimmel on a cotton ball or pad and it works great and takes of eye makeup better than the Almay (for me anyway). I got mine for $3.82 at Walmart. It does not sting my eyes either.

on 4/5/2003 9:34:00 PM

This is pretty good stuff! It's a non-greasy, oil-free makeup remover that does a good job of removing my "heavy-duty" eye makeup. Similar in quality to L'Oreal eye makeup remover, but more product at a cheaper price.

on 3/27/2003 7:04:00 PM

i got mine for $5. i thought this was a little high for the rimmel line, but u do get a bottle and it works well. very gentle, no tugging needed. will buy again.

on 3/11/2003 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

One of my staples. I have sensitive eye skin, such that I can't even wear certain lotions or I'll get itchy, red creases. This does not bother me at all. The eyeliner, shadow, lash gel, and brow pencil slide off effortlessly. I even use this on my lips to de-flake them. One swipe after a long day of lipstick wearing, and any and all flakes are left on the cotton ball. My lips feel like a baby's butt afterwards. Large bottle, cheap, and NO OILY RESIDUE! HOORAY! I cannot stand oil-based removers that migrate down to my cheeks and cause blemishes. Not drying at all. A+

on 2/20/2003 4:59:00 PM

This remover rivals Estee Lauder's in my estimation. I have had trouble with removers irritating my eyes, but not with this one.

However - there is an irony. When I was using Bourjois Aqua Volume Mascara, all my make-up was removed so easily. Now that I have the Rimmel mascara (gotta get to Sephora), it is a huge pain to get off.

BUT, overall, I would and have bought this again. OH, I have also had good luck with it removing L'Oreal mascaras as well.

UPDATE --- now have L'Oreal's Lash Architect waterproof and this remover doesn't even touch it.

on 1/29/2003 2:58:00 AM

The good thing about it is that you can reapply your make-up right after you take it off. No need to wash your face because of oily residue. This remover doesn't have any. A plus if your skin is prone to breakouts, also.

The slight dryiness it may leave some people feeling is easily cured by a dab of eye cream. In any case, it'll save you time if you're on the go.

The bad thing is that it's not absolutely perfect at removing waterproof mascara. It worked fine with Maybelline, and it did a pretty decent job on the L'Oreal, but I wouldn't even bother trying it on anything like Rubinstein. If you're a Rimmel girl though, it should be just fine fine fine... companies always tailor their removers after the mascaras.

----------
EDIT:
Two weeks after I started uzing it, it completely "fizzed out"! It was not even budging the same mascara it took off before. Now I have to throw out more than half the bottle. POO!!

on 1/26/2003 11:03:00 PM

This is an oil-free eye makeup remover that does a decent job removing waterproof makeup. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes nor give stinging sensation and no trace of oiliness at all. I did have to rub my lashes a few times however, it removes waterproof mascara better than other oil-free makeup remover. I still think oil-based remover is the best for removing waterproof mascara without having to tug at your lashes. I don't think I will be buying this again, but for those of you who use regular mascara, $4.97 for 4.2 oz is a great bargain, so give it a try!

on 1/26/2003 10:51:00 PM

I guess I'm the odd one out because I didn't like this at all. You get a tall, thin 4.2 oz bottle for $5 and from now on I'll just put up the extra $3 for Sephora's 5 oz eye makeup remover. I bought this in a pinch and ended up throwing it out. I had to really RUB to get my eye makeup off and even then I'd wake up with raccoon eyes. It stung a little too.I ended up having to go over the same eye over and over. Yes it's cheap but it's not worth it if it doesn't work. Baby oil is my new *in a pinch* product of choice! I'd never buy this again!

on 1/17/2003 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

While this stuff DID take off my eye makeup well, it stung too much. I'll stick to my MAC Pro remover. If you have very sensitive eyes, pass on this one.

on 1/13/2003 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I picked this up on my last trip from Walmart. I needed a new make-up remover because I ran out of my GWP Estee Lauder one. This comes in a pretty large sized bottle. Just a little bit takes off all of my eye make-up including my Bobbi Brown Gel Liners. Best of all it doesn't burn or sting!