MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 1/27/2008 3:53:00 PM

This is a great everyday shadow brush! Its SUPER soft but still firm and dense. It is paddle shaped with tapered edges that allow it to pick up a lot of color. Great for packing on color all over lid. You can also use it on your brow bone or turn it sideways for crease work when you're in a hurry. One problem: It is a bit small.. but its still an amazing must-have brush!

on 1/19/2008 2:02:00 PM

This brush is a must have for everyone! This is a great brush for packing on eyeshadows to achieve great pigmentation. This brush gives precise application for my very small asian lids. To deepen the look of my swallon-looking eyes, i always use 239 to pack on a little MAC carbon eyeshadow near the lashline of my out lids and blend it up a little. This instantly makes my eyes look much bigger and awake. I own a lot of brushes, and this is the only brush that can get this done super fast and easy. I will buy this again and again and again. But I doubt if this will happen anytime soon because my 239 never shed once and keeps its shape super well.

on 1/6/2008 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

*Picture Included*

This brush is a staple for me. It's a paddle brush with white bristles that are impossibly soft and flexible! Before this, I used Bare Escentuals Wet/ Dry Shadow Brush and I thought it was a great brush. After I got this, I realized how hard and stiff the bristles of BE actually were! Also, the bristles on the 239 are shorter and easier to work with. I find that this brush is really great at making the eyeshadow really vibrant, but it is also excellent at blending since the bristles are "moveable". I love this brush!

continued >>

on 1/4/2008 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you only ever buy just one eyeshadow brush, make it this one. This paddle brush is perfectly sized to the eye area, making subtle washes a breeze. It excels at building deep color, too. Also, if turned on its side, the #239 can be used to add depth to the crease. If cared for properly, this brush will last a good while. It's worth the money - a wise investment.

on 12/26/2007 4:46:00 AM

This is one great brush that I would definitely re-purchase. It has fine, firm white bristles that are excellent at picking up eyeshadow, and depositing it on the lids. It is also good at blending colours.

If I have any grouse with this brush at all, it's that the price isn't exactly cheap. But for the quality it gives you, it's totally worth it. A great versatile eyeshadow brush!

on 12/6/2007 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this brush. VERY Ideal for basic application of eyeshadows. Great for applying on lid and brow bone area. Stays pretty firm, doesn't lose shape, basically no problems. DO NOT BUY the HOLIDAY set with the 239 brush. that one is useless. The individual one however...is amazing. This is definitely a MUST HAVE and the KING of all eyeshadow brushes ^^

on 11/30/2007 6:46:00 PM

Great quality! No makeup collection is complete without at least one good MAC brush - and this fits the description!

on 11/26/2007 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh. My. Goodness. This is my favorite brush ever. It packs color on fantastically, and blends well too. I use it every single day. It is *love*.

on 11/13/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one brush I don't think I could live without! It works so well with different products and techniques. The brushes are just firm enough and just soft enough for the perfect application. I usually use this brush for just about everything: wash, highlight, crease, etc. The best part is that it picks up a decent amount of pigment, so when you apply shadow, you don't have to layer it on so much. In addition, this brush is dense enough to buff shadows together to erase obvious lines. I don't get any shedding with this brush either, but the MAC stamp has worn off with use, which I find annoying, so I took off one lippie for packaging quality.

I wish I had another one, so I wouldn't have to wash this one so much!

on 11/3/2007 6:33:00 PM

Until a few months ago I thought brushes made no difference in makeup application. I was so wrong, and now I'm hooked on MAC brushes. 239 is my latest acquisition. And I love it-- I think this and 217 are the only essential eye brushes. You can do anything with the two of them. I compared e/s application with this and the Sonia Kashuk small e/s brush. There was a huge difference. Dark shadows are applied much more evenly with the 239-- even over UDPP. And blending is a dream. I highly recommend this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes