November 20, 2014 | 1997 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:46:00 AM More reviews by windchijmes

This is one great brush that I would definitely re-purchase. It has fine, firm white bristles that are excellent at picking up eyeshadow, and depositing it on the lids. It is also good at blending colours.

If I have any grouse with this brush at all, it's that the price isn't exactly cheap. But for the quality it gives you, it's totally worth it. A great versatile eyeshadow brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by elouised

LOVE this brush. VERY Ideal for basic application of eyeshadows. Great for applying on lid and brow bone area. Stays pretty firm, doesn't lose shape, basically no problems. DO NOT BUY the HOLIDAY set with the 239 brush. that one is useless. The individual one however...is amazing. This is definitely a MUST HAVE and the KING of all eyeshadow brushes ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by MizBeatriz

Great quality! No makeup collection is complete without at least one good MAC brush - and this fits the description!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by squirlymoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh. My. Goodness. This is my favorite brush ever. It packs color on fantastically, and blends well too. I use it every single day. It is *love*.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one brush I don't think I could live without! It works so well with different products and techniques. The brushes are just firm enough and just soft enough for the perfect application. I usually use this brush for just about everything: wash, highlight, crease, etc. The best part is that it picks up a decent amount of pigment, so when you apply shadow, you don't have to layer it on so much. In addition, this brush is dense enough to buff shadows together to erase obvious lines. I don't get any shedding with this brush either, but the MAC stamp has worn off with use, which I find annoying, so I took off one lippie for packaging quality.

I wish I had another one, so I wouldn't have to wash this one so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ChameliAsh

Until a few months ago I thought brushes made no difference in makeup application. I was so wrong, and now I'm hooked on MAC brushes. 239 is my latest acquisition. And I love it-- I think this and 217 are the only essential eye brushes. You can do anything with the two of them. I compared e/s application with this and the Sonia Kashuk small e/s brush. There was a huge difference. Dark shadows are applied much more evenly with the 239-- even over UDPP. And blending is a dream. I highly recommend this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by jessijay

The 239 brush features white capra (goathair) bristles that are somewhat firm and course, though not scratchy. The tip is densely filled with fairly short bristles that have been tapered w/a slightly rounded edge. This brush can hold a lot of color and is handy for building up intensity on the lids. It's so versatile! Great to grab on those days you are in a rush. MAC's thick handles feel good in my hands and are easy to control. Well made ferrules Built to last. Retails for about $24.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lasoltera

Sooooo worth the price. I want a second one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my second all time favorite eyeshadow brush ( my first being the classic 213). The bristles on this brush are white and synthetic, but very soft. They are also "layered" at the sides so the brush actually picks up a lot of product. I like that the bristles are synthetic because you can use this brush with cream products without damaging it. This is a great basic eyeshadow application brush. can be used for padking on color, a wash or even as a crease brush if used sideways. Super versatile and a true winner. I have 2 of these, so I have bought again. You won't be disappointed with this little baby.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW!! This brush make doing make-up so enjoyable! Not to mention look so much better! It packs on colour beautifully and really makes everything look perfect. I like to use it with the 217 because the 217 blends better, but this one is great all the same. It hasn't shed at all, and I've washed it over and over again with the MAC Brush Cleanser, (which cleans them out really well and gets rid of all the dirty look) The bristles are dense and firm, yet very soft. It smudges incredibly well and is small enough to get into the corners, as well as the crease. I thought I lost this once and almost started crying, yes it's THAT good!