October 20, 2014 | 1919 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyBug_here

Skintype: DSPW
I've tried the Avene spray about 2 times and it's not doing anything for me. LRP thermal water is more hydrating and calming for my skin. I will not be buying this again and I will be giving this away for swap to someone who use it regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been researching and reading trying to find the perfect skin care product that would help my poor, acne prone, combination, dull red skin. I tried lots that would work for a while, and then make it worse. This is a fantastic product! It comes in a tin, which is probably the best way of packaging it, and it makes you feel like the way you should feel- yourself, but healthy! The only two things are , it is a bit expensive, but i guess since its so wonderful its worth it! Secondly that it takes a little while (at least for my skin!) to sooth the redness, but you do feel very revitilised after just using it! I never felt so beautiful in my life, and i've been recieveing comliments on how healthy i look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Avene thermal water is a very fine mist spray. I use this to set my makeup, instead of toner, as an all-over spritz on a hot day, and after peels/microdermabrasion. Definitely seems to calm irritated skin. I like this better than Evian spray water which I do not notice any calming effect from.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used quite a few mineral water sprays (Vichy, La Roche Posay, Evian etc) and liked them all. I am using this one at the moment as my pharmacist told me it's the only brand which is actually bottled sterile at the source. I do not know if this makes a huge difference in the quality/performance of the product but ... it is the most expensive one at the pharmacy, that is true!

I have a multitude of uses for this: I spray after cleansing to freshen/tone and apply moisturiser while my skin is still damp; after a full facial to calm and before any AHA/BHA or Retinol treatments as a buffer. I keep one bottle in the fridge for a nice cool down on a hot day, have a smaller version in my bag for a quick spritz during the day, I never travel by plane without it. I spray it all over my makeup - gives a nice glow! I also use it on my hair the day after washing it, if it's not dirty but needs a style revamp ... the fine mist does not make the hair sopping wet but just enough before a quick blowdry. I actually think it adds shine because it's low in minerals and pH neutral, so no build up. I could go on ... :o)

I will probably stick with this one as I use other Avene products which I am very happy with.

NB : I do not recommend purchasing the 300ml (or bigger) can of this as the nozzle seems to not work properly when the bottle is half full. I end up having to throw away when it is about 1/3 as it stops spraying completely. Been caught out 3 times now and am sure it's not me!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 8:29:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very nice thermal water, one of the best. I even had a very expensive Sisley's but this one is better! Anyway, I don't use such products very often, I usually even forget that I have it at home. :) But when I'll buy next one I'll buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Raaygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Avene Thermal Water is a definite staple in my routine. I have very dry, acne-prone, mild-rosacean skin, and this product keeps my face hydrated, without having to reply a pore-clogging moisturizer throughout the day. It's soothing and it controls my facial redness. I have used Evian and Lumene facial sprays, but the Avene spray is my favorite, as it seems to be more effective at soothing my rosacea. I wish it were less expensive, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm seriously addicted to this spray. Toners usually don't work for me, so I thought that's the next best thing and I was right! I don't exactly know how or why this works but it does. My skin is very sensitive and recently I had a rash around my nose. Avene water calmed it down pretty quickly. I buy two bottles at a time to have spares, have two small ones for my bag and never want to be without this again! I don't get easily enthused about spray water--!--but this one's one mean mama. If you haven't yet grab yourself a small bottle to test it first, I think you'll be pleased you did.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 8:21:00 AM More reviews by cameliaflower

It took me a while to get used to this. I spray it on and massage it into the skin. It doesn't give any moisture at all (like I thought it would) so I was a bit disappointed at first. Then I noticed that when I use this under a retinoid, I rarely experience any irritation. It really calms the skin down. I might buy this again but I would like to try the LRP thermal water also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I use Avene Thermal Water Spray to set my makeup. It gives me a dewy and glowy finish that I like. As it comes in a handy 50ml spray can, it is easy to bring it around.

I like spritzing my face with the thermal spray whenever I feel like I need refreshing. It also helps calm redness caused by use of wrong skincare products.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by lunepremie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I thought it would calm my sensitive redness-prone skin. Although my skin felt nice and moisturized at first, it actually started burning after a few minutes, and made the redness much worse - I think it could be because of the calcium and magnesium salts. Will not re-purchase.