April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by LeslieDerp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation, I've got it in the lightest shade, 805. I'm between a porcelain and light complexion.

Firstly, I'll begin with the finish and the longevity. The finish is absolutely matte, likely the most matte foundation I've ever used. I don't notice it to be CAKEY, but if your skin isn't well prepped (Moisturized to the fullest possible extent, perhaps also with a very smoothing primer) this WILL emphasize dryness, settle, and sit in pores. For this reason, steer clear of applying underneath the eyes. The lasting power is extraordinarily long, as I notice this to actually settle and dry out before it gets shiny and oily. My skin is combination, with severe dryness on the outer perimeters of my face/ undereyes, and severe oiliness through my t-zone. It doesn't get shiny for a good 8 hours, and it doesn't separate at all. It DOES oxidize, so purchase a shade lighter.

Nextly would be the coverage. The coverage is med-full, and this covers acne and scarring well. It's also capable of concealing redness with two coats. It's relatively buildable. Concealer sits oddly on top of this, so I recommend applying concealer before this foundation if you've got lots of imperfections. If not, you could likely skip concealer altogether with this product.

The packaging is highly functional, as it's a non-clogging pump that dispenses the perfect amount of product.

This does not break me out.

My final verdict?

Pros; GREAT for oily skin, long-lasting matte finish, med-full (non-heavy) coverage.

Cons; Emphasizes dry skin, settles, oxidizes. Poor for dry skin, dry/combo, aging skin. Doesn't quite live up to its claims, as you could very easily require a primer (for texture purposes), or a concealer for noticeable imperfections.

In general, covers well, lasts, and is ideal for normal-oily skin, or combo skin if used with a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by MadelineSally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I have oil/combination skin and it's the only product that keeps me shine free all day long. It has great coverage for a foundation although, it doesn't conceal my dark circles very well so I would recommend using concealer in addition to this if you have dark circles underneath your eyes. I love this foundation because it's the only liquid foundation that doesn't cause me to breakout! I can trust that my face looks shine free and pretty all day!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOT FOR DRY SKIN!! OMG sooo flakey and cakey. I REALLY wanted to like this :( just no though

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I was sadly disappointed with this foundation. Normally Cover Girl is a go-to brand for me. The color was great, but the foundation itself is very streaky - with OR without moisturizer underneath. Sadly i won't be buying again :/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by samanthajosephina

This is the longest wearing foundation I've ever used with beautiful buildable coverage. Makes my skin look airbrushed when applied with a beauty blender

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by buidianaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the first liquid foundations I picked up after using bb creams for almost 2 years. I picked this up in the shade 840 Natural Beige considering I'm a medium skin tone with olive/yellow undertones(around NC30-35). I loved this foundation at first, the finish is dewey and semi-matte. It has great coverage and looks great at the end of the day. I find it does fade in the areas where I sweat more but overall was a pretty good foundation. The only downside to this foundation is that it is really hard to find your true shade considering the foundation does oxidize. I noticed that it turned darker after I had let it set, which made it not a true match for my skin tone. The packaging is amazing, probably one of the best I've seen thus far for drugstore foundation. The pump did not break on me the entire time I used it and it also comes with a lock for the pump which makes it great for travel. It's not bulky & comes with a lid as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by amberlynnbg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent drugstore mascara. First, the packaging is great as it comes with a pump. Next, the foundation blends like a dream! You can tell there is primer in the product as it gives your skin that smooth, almost silicone based feeling. I would describe the finish as a satin. It's smooth without being dewy and glowy or matte. If you have oily skin, I would still say that setting it with powder is necessary, as your natural oils will show throughout the day. Also, I don't think it works amazingly as a concealer. If you don't have too many problem areas, it works fine, but personally I still go over my undereyes and blemishes with a concealer. Overall my favorite drugstore foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by jaibird92

Thought I would really like this foundation. Excellent shade range, nice pump, claims of being long wearing for oily skinned people like myself. But the most noticeable problem to me is that it is not remotely water-resistant or long wearing. If you manage to drip coffee etc. down your chin while driving like I often do, it leaves little tracks of disappeared makeup! It is quite bizarre to me, as I have never had this problem with any other foundation. I am a nurse, and this foundation certainly did not hold up during days of masks on and off. The powdery finish that it dries to adds to the "rub off" effect. Never purchasing again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Xbabiecee

When I first purchased this product, I really liked the finish. It was a medium coverage foundation that didn't feel too heavy on the skin. However, after multiple uses, I found that I would get raised bumps underneath my skin. I would not recommend this foundation to those who are acne-prone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Definitely not for drier skin, but the best drugstore foundation I've yet to find for oily skin. I have true combination skin. If I need my foundation to last all day, I must use different foundations for different parts of my face. Period. High-end brands aside, my greatest drugstore find was the ubiquitous Revlon ColorStay in Buff, but I didn't use it much because there's just better stuff out there. As far as daily routine goes, I've found that while I can't count on this Cover Girl foundation for my drier areas - and wow does it cling to dry patches - it stays remarkably intact on my oiliest areas. Whereas even my high-end foundations can get patchy towards the end of a full day, revealing my ruddy complexion beneath, I've found that this CG stuff can actually withstand a full day on my nose. I should mention that my nose has clearly visible pores and a constant sheen. The coverage is medium, but completely buildable. Hasn't looked cakey thus far, though it does dry fast. In terms of daily wear, what works for me is: Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream for the reddest areas of my cheeks and forehead; Giorgio Armani's Master Corrector (in pink) for my undereyes; and the CG (810 - Classic Ivory) for my nose, and a dab on my forehead and chin, which I buff in using my Sigma P82 (Precision Round). I set the foundation where I'm oiliest with Laura Mercier's Loose Setting Powder. I can easily see how folks living in cooler climates wouldn't need to set this with any powder whatsoever, but I live in ultra-humid Miami and it's summer at the moment. Overall, a great drugstore find for normal-to-oily skin, but not ideal for normal-to-dry.