August 31, 2014 | 1385 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: Did try the fair after all and that was pinky/gray on me and very chalky looking so I mixed with light and it still didn't work. I throw my hands up in defeat.

I dug this out again the other day to try it and this stuff is just awful.

I had purchased light. I'm NC25-30 right now. This went on orange--think Michael Kors on Project Runway orange--just not a great look unless I want to look like a pumpkin. I've had fake tanners look less orangey than this product.

It also highlighted every fine line and patchy mark on my face.

I detect hardly any fragrance in this, just a slight smell of the product but not like they added a scent but I AM old so maybe my nose is losing it. No sparkles or shimmer.

It again disappeared on me after a couple of hours in the middle of my face and I am only normal maybe combination at most so I would have to reapply this if I wore this all of the time. That is if I wanted to look like Michael Kors.

Bottom line: I just don't love this enough or find it special enough to seek out the fair color to try that. I think there are way better tinted moisturizers, which is what this is, to buy. It's not that cheap and the colors are way too peachy for real skin tones. I'll give the stuff a credit because L'Oreal at least didn't add a mishap of sunscreen and for the kind of cool white to brown formula but that's it.
Too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mslovely417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally caved into these drug store BB creams. Horrible! I tried a sample I received in Cosmo and I feel like it wasn't so bad, let me give it a shot. Boy was I wrong! I feel as though its a glamorized primer/tinted moisturizer. Not only that but I hated the greasy oily consistency and the beads(?) made me feel like I was lathering up sand onto my face. Definitely in strong dislike with this product and have no clue what to do with it. Maybe I will save it for the summer when I need less coverage? Even then, I'm not sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by JennieTimberton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Gosh, i was so happy when I applied this product but within 5 minutes it oxidized and I started applying my makeup on and my face was yellowish orange!!! Didn't work for me and I was so embarassed when I looked in the mirror 10 minutes later

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jenniecampbell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very hopeful about this BB Cream, or any brand for that matter. I decided to give it a shot since my acne has cleared up for the most part, with just some scarring to cover. Unfortunately, from the moment I applied it, my face was bright orange (even though I purchased the lighter shade), super greasy-looking, and overall just a hot mess. I left it on for just a few hours while I was at home to see if the appearance would improve, but it just got worse as the day went on. Definitely NEVER buying this again, and hopefully I will be able to find a brand that leaves my skin with a matte finish and an even, natural tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by x2990x

Well I've tried the Maybelline Bb cream before, and compares to this its crap. I absolutely love this product, nice to apply and smells good!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This oxidized so bad on me within 5 minutes of application. It went on beautifully and evened out my complexion. However, I noticed as I was doing the rest of my makeup that my face started looking darker and orange. Initially I thought I'd overdone my blush/bronzer, but when I used a tissue to dab at my face to remove some of the color, it had straight up orange stains on it. If you have combo/oily skin, beware! I also don't like that it doesn't contain SPF, so you have to wear a separate moisturizer with SPF or sunscreen if you want sun protection while wearing this.

For reference, I wore this in Light and am MAC NC30, NARS Alaska/Punjab, and Shiseido O20.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by vivi1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is insanely good. It comes out white on your fingers with little balls- kind of like an exfoliator. When you work it into your skin the balls pop and out comes a colour that pretty much instantly blends in with your skin tone and creates the most flawlessly natural coverage.

I have acne scarring and overall pretty horrible skin tone (uneven, pale etc) but this product was like a second skin and made my skin glow without looking greasy. And it retailed for $26 (here in Australia) so I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Unlike any other BB cream I've tried (and I've tried many from Korea, Japan, and the USA), this one dispenses watery and milky white, with tiny visible gold beads (gentle, grainy texture when rubbed in) in it that apparently pop and change the color of the fluid when rubbed into the skin, so this already begins to oxidize within about 5 seconds rubbing into the skin. This may be a concern for color matching because it doesn't quite "adjust to your skin tone"—more like sets to a significant shade darker than what you'd probably expect. Light missed my light-medium skin tone by going one slight shade darker. It looks more like medium, so these shades may run darker over all and I suggest going one shade up from what you would normally use, unless you're going for the bronzed look.

Light also leans warm, so while light has worked for me on the light/warm spectrum, Light may not match to those with cool undertones. The coverage is most definitely sheer and incredibly lightweight, but of every American drugstore BB I have tried so far, this somehow did the best job at evening skin tone and minimizing the look of pores! It is also buildable after it has finished oxidizing, so I dab just a tiny bit more on problem areas. A little bit of this product goes a long way, so I apply with my fingers and just dot it around the face before blending it.

I dusted a yellow-based setting powder over it to lighten the color to my own, and it was perfect. However, this BB, unlike dewy-finish Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, happens to set to a natural matte finish (not dull, dry matte; it looks clean and fresh), so the setting powder actually isn't necessary unless perhaps you have oily skin or just want extra insurance setting your base makeup. Without powder, this has given me coverage of around 11 hours throughout which I have lightly blotted 4 times, so roughly every 3 hours.

This BB lives up to its claims to perfect, correct, and prime so far, but it also has minimal hydration benefits that someone such as myself with combo-oily skin can appreciate, against Garnier's super-slick Skin Renewal BB Cream. However, because the L'oreal formula is more watery in consistency, not even a cream, the hydrating effects may not be enough for those with drier skin so a separate moisturizer might be needed (or just try Garnier's BB, which dry skin types will love). Lastly, unlike the typical Asian BB cream, L'oreal's BB does not tout any sun protection, but as far as their claims go, they didn't over-promise. Just wear a separate sunscreen underneath.

The L'oreal Magic BB comes in a 1oz (30ml) tube for $8 at Walmart to $11 at Ulta. It seems small and expensive, but Skinfood's cheapest BB creams are around $7 for 30ml for sheer, nearly invisible coverage, and 20ml Missha BB creams in generally gray tones with whitening properties retail for $9–17. I can't say yet that L'oreal's Magic BB will provide long-term skin care benefits, but if you're looking for the 4 immediate ones—prime, perfect, correct, and hydrate—have relatively normal/combo skin, and can find a good color match, this is actually a pretty good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by vixontips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOVE L'Oreal BB cream! Its light and untinted which is great for my fair, oily skin and leaves my face looking fresh and air-brushed. I'd recommend this product to anyone looking for a good BB cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by morganmarie19

Love this product! I've always been a tinted moisturizer kind of girl. I like my skin natural but with just a little bit of coverage to get a smooth, even look. Foundation for me is just way too much. But I saw that all of the makeup companies were really hitting on this "BB Cream" fad, so I took a chance and tried it out. I love this stuff. It's like a primer and tinted moisturizer in one. It comes out white with beads in it and just blends into your skin. I'm really pale and the fair color matches just fine. It gives me a smooth, even face, and what I really love about this that tinted moisturizer doesn't do, is that this bb cream covers over pores and HUGELY minimizes them. Which is perfect for my large pores. I just apply a translucent powder over this and I'm good to go. Love it!