Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.6

G790475 - AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT. , BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITOL, PERLITE, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, <+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES>.(F.I.L. B51922/1).

on 11/1/2012 1:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Now, I loved the effect (a male friend said "has something happened? you're glowing!") and the price, even the color somehow worked.
But, this dried out my combo skin horribly, until it started flaking in places where it never peeled before.
I was sad to let it go, tried different moisturizers under it to no avail. Apart from the terrible feeling of tightness and dry skin, it almost gave me a chemical burn. When I went back to my old moisturizer + foundation combo, my face became red and tingly and it took two days to restore the barrier. Never again.

on 11/1/2012 1:19:00 PM

I have really, really oily skin and was quite impressed with how this product kept my oilies at bay. I loved the finish, and how liquidy it is to apply. I liked the overall finished effect. The problem is that this stuff broke me out like crazy. No idea why or what the offending ingredient(s) was but I haven't broken out using any of my other foundations etc, even if they don't manage to hold back the oilies quite as well.

The hunt continues.....

on 10/28/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

love it!!
it has a very strong smell of alcohol (like all Garnier products for oily skin) and I would agree it's runny (no need to squeeze a bottle) also looks scary pale the moment when it's applied, but despite of this, it's easily applied using just your fingers and in 1-2 min. colour adapts the skin tone. It mattifies skin but doesn't dry it out. Looks more natural than most of foundation but covers more than plain tinted moisturizer. It didn't cause me any breakouts :)

on 10/28/2012 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Loved it. Loved it SO MUCH. Except that it broke me out quite badly after only a few days' use, as did the original version, so I can only conclude that there is something in both formulas that is an irritant to my skin :( So sad, because I could easily have gotten into the habit of using this every day instead of foundation... Loved the matte (but glowing) finish, and the colour matched my skin perfectly! Only other con was the packaging - because the formula is really runny, it leaked everywhere after opening it. Would've been better in a bottle with a pump.

on 10/20/2012 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this! I have adult acne and have been worried about not being able to wear foundation with my new acne treatment. I gave this a go and my skin is brilliant atm. I use a combination of the medium and the light for my NC25 skin.

I love the coverage, its so light and really makes me glow.

I now use this as my everyday foundation. I am so freaken happy.

on 10/8/2012 3:00:00 AM

This product has medium coverage. It's perfect for when you are wanting to look more natural than a full coverage foundation would give.

on 10/6/2012 2:23:00 PM

I have oily skin that also has some dryness (in other words, i am getting older) and this stuff caused me to break out. I liked it initially, but by the end of the week i had 4 more zits and hadnt changed anying else. In the garbage it goes.

on 10/4/2012 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was impatiently waiting for this new bb cream to be released and snapped it up the moment it arrived in stores in NZ. Firstly pros: yes it is a far better offering than their first Bb cream which was a disaster. The cream itself reminds me of channel's vitalumiere aqua, very runny but does give amazing coverage. When it first came out it looked like a fabulous colour match to my light neutral to yellow toned skin. It was easy to apply with both brushes or fingers and could be layered for more coverage. The finish is also fantastic and very natural. I need to use a moisturizer under it as I have very dry skin and if I put this on bare skin you can see every patch but that's no worries, its not marketed for dry skin.

The con and only reason I will not buy again is it oxidises within five minutes to an off orange colour.

Sigh. The hunt continues.

on 10/4/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this product!!!!I can't live without it!I use it for moisturizer/foundation/sunscreen for the last 2-3 months!It doesn't break me out at all!My only 2 little problems are the color(but I'm really fair so..) and the runny texture that get's all over the lid, and as a result you lose product.But overall it almost covers my scars and blemishes,controls shine, leaving my face looking natural!Perfect for everyday use!I'm gonna buy it again FOR SURE!

on 10/2/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

aaahhhhh... thats better ... so much better than your first BB effort Garnier (which i threw in the bin after 2 uses incidentally). This is what i have been looking for in a BB cream. Something for my inconsistent skin tone on those 'im not leaving the house days but dont want a face full of makeup". Having said that i would quite happily wear this with a bit of concealer in place of many foundations i've tried even on a 'getting out of the house' day. Medium suits my NW30 tone quite well (definately not as orange as the Medium from the original BB cream which was ghastly). Actually both the light and the medium were more yellow in their tonings although even at my Wintery best the light would still be too fair for me. Consistency is fluid, light & runny and blends into the skin well leaving a lovely uniformity without the disco ball sheen that came with the original BB cream. I probably didnt even need to set with powder but i did the T-zone anyway. I'm wrapped with this product and will happily repurchase. $14 Aus which is fine by me .