November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Keightm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review on MUA. I have combination/oily/acne prone skin that for the past 3 years I have not found a foundation that has sat on top of my skin without going streaky/patchy and pooling into my pores, no foundation has congealed to my skin on application, (except for clinique's anti blemish solutions) and so far that's the only one that has blended properly onto my nose and stayed put! but I couldn't wear it because it emphasized my pores and fine lines and dried me out so bad i looked 10 years older! Anyway, I have tried so many other brands of makeup I have lost count, both cheap and expensive and I have probably spent so much in recent years that if I'd put that money in a savings account I would be able to afford a 2 week holiday overseas or something! Now, I picked up this product in the supermarket the other day, my intention was to get a facewash, but this was on sale as an 'introductory offer' for $9, and I have never been one to use tinted moisturizers, since in the past they have always looked like I have a greasy film over my face. but it said 'BB cream' and that it was targeted for oily/acne prone skin. So for $9 it seemed worthwhile to give it a go. So when i got home i tried it, without primer just to see what it felt like on my skin etc - it was very watery in texture when coming out of the tube and I thought 'here we go, bet this is gonna be crap', so i applied it to my cheek and nose area where nothing else seems to stick, and it did appear streaky and settle into pores at first - so i proceeded to apply it to my acne marks along the jawline to see what the coverage was like, and whilst i was doing that, where I'd applied it to my nose and cheeks had kind of dried and 'set', it was like a second skin! I could hardly believe my eyes, my pores were refined, and it was sitting atop my skin like perfection. So I went ahead and applied another thin layer over my skin and the coverage is medium by that time, but it felt light as air and I didn't have any sensitive reactions to it like i can with some makeup. Not only that, but it lasted on my skin for more than 2 hours which is more than I can say for fuller coverage foundations I've used in the past - BUT (and yes, there's a 'but') after 2 hours it still looked perfect, but it had darkened quite a bit so it looked more like a light tan than the 'light/clair' that it had looked when I had first put it on and as it states on the product. it was like 'what the hell'?? So I thought maybe it was because it had mixed with my natural oils and naturally gotten darker that way, but by hour 3 it was darker again and started to look ORANGE!! I have to say there is nothing worse than looking like an oompa loompa and I found that mineral makeup gave that look the more you applied - I don't understand how anyone can like that 'fake tan' look, especially if you are naturally fair skinned and your face doesn't match the rest of your body! Anyway, that was a few days ago - yesterday I thought I would give it another test run with a clean/primed face and one very thin layer and a tiny bit of powder on top to see how it fared, by hour 4 it was a peachy pink colour, which wasn't as bad as the orange, but still, not my preferred look! Why couldn't it stay the same as when you first apply it? If it wasn't for how it oxidizes I would have been able to give up my search for a suitable foundation, this stuff was near to perfect. So disappointed :(

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by lex16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I bought and had pretty much used up all the original BB cream Garnier released early 2012 in Oz, despite it being super oily on me, when this one came on the market.
I LOVE this 'oil-free' version, it makes all the difference. The earlier version made me shine up bad through out the day despite blotting and powdering first thing after application. This product however, I just powder after application and I only need to blot half as much during the day. It has all the great benefits of the original - SPF, lightweight, smoothing, moisterising, not as thick or clogging as most 'tinted mositerisers' - with none of the oiliness and it's cheap as chips. I do apply a Vit C serum after washing, then my Olay SPF 30 moisteriser cos I'm obsessed with sun protection (I'm fair and live in Australia) THEN this on top...maybe if you skipped the SPF 30 it would be less oily. I don't think its too bad though. I use the light version and just apply in the middle of my face/nose/cheek area and blend outwards.

EDIT:I do find the colour slightly slightly to tan/orange/dark over winter, especially now I live in the Northern Hemisphere.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i really hate writing these kinds of reviews because it's one of those times where i love everything about the product except its shade range. the lightest colour is 2 shades darker than my nc15-nc20 skin which makes it totally unwearable on its own, and only wearable when it's mixed 1:4 with a much lighter foundation. massive bummer, because i love this stuff quite a bit.

everything else being equal, this is a really stunning product from garnier, which is a big call because i am basically president of the garnier hate club. i absolute hate their hair products, i'm not too fond of their eye roll-ons, their first bb cream was a disaster, etc. i mean, i have normal to dry skin and the original was disgusting on my skin - it was oily and slippery and just never set. this one is an entirely new offering that gets everything right that the first one didn't. the finish definitely isn't matte, but isn't overly dewy either - powder can easily tame any sheen that you don't like. i found that i did have to be a bit careful about what moisturiser i used underneath this - not much is needed at all since the bb cream itself is so hydrating. my skin looked completely natural with this on even though i looked like i had faceplanted in a bunch of mud from the poor colour match. i applied this with a buffing brush which worked just fine, although i'm sure fingers would be perfect as well.

i would say the coverage can be anything from light to a solid medium, depending on how much you build it up. i was able to take it to medium very easily and with absolutely no caking - it just glides over the top beautifully. it lasted an impressive amount of time as well - i would say 9-10 hours easily (with a small layer of powder). the packaging is a little difficult though. it's great that it has 10g extra product than most foundations, and i love the sleek tube that it comes in, but the cream is very thin and explodes out of the tip when you screw the cap off. so i would recommend lying the product flat on your vanity instead of standing it up to prevent the bb cream from accumulating so much at the bottom of the tube.

in summary, GRRR! nc20+ skin tones would be fine for the light shade, but much lighter than that and i think you will struggle a bit to make it look natural. otherwise, this gets a massive thumbs up from me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Regy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of the best products I've ever used on my skin.It's light, it doesn't look orangy and it blends beautifully.One thing I have to say though is that, for a super oily skin like mine, it needs to be powdered at least on the T zone.The packaging is great and one can totally travel with it.Also, i recommend shaking the tube well before applying.Amazing product for its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Kathryn9

I adore this, it has replaced my Bourjois healthy mix and has become my every day foundation. It is super cheap, you get 40g of product compared to most foundations that give you 30g, and it is awesome! The best thing about this is the finish, it gives you a natural semi-matte finish that lasts all day without getting greasy. Normally I need to powder my face during the day with any foundation I used, but with this BB cream I don't need to. It gives a light to medium coverage and it stays all day. I can't say enough good things about this product. It also is oil free and SPF 15.

The only cons are that it comes in only two shades, and that it doesn't smell the best - it smells a little like sun screen.

See swatches of it on my blog: http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/garnier-bb-cream-miracle-skin-perfector.html

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by oodalally

Whilst this doesn't work any miracles, I have found it to be the best product to give light coverage that minimizes redness without covering my many freckles. I still need to use concealer over my acne and usually powder as it stays shiny for a while. It blends in wonderfully with my light-medium skin and feels very light. I have to moisturize a while before using it or it can flake on the drier patches. However, this is the best product I have found for the oily patch on my chin which usually reacts to skin products with painful spots. In short, good for light coverage for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Elizmake

I gave up using the original Garnier BB Cream (1) because of the very heavy scent and (2) because it was rather greasy on my skin, even with a dusting of powder on top.
This new one for combination/oily skin is a great product. I wear it for work with a smidgin of day cream underneath and a dusting of powder - although it really doesn't need the powder as the finish is fairly matte in any case. On the weekend I wear it over a 30 spf day cream (no powder) and it still does not look oily. You can't feel it when it's on, but it does give nice coverage. The coverage is between a tinted day cream and a very light foundation. The colour (Light) seems very pale straight out of the tube, but adapts well to the skin. It does not appear to rub off unduly. I have not been able to test the Medium colour.
Ever since Clinique discontinued Almost Makeup I have been looking for a replacement. This could be it! The nearest I came was Olay Total Effects with a Touch of Foundation, but it has a slight orange tinge to it which is OK when you are tanned, but not so good in winter. The Garner oil-free BB cream Light tends to the yellow which is good for my underlying pinkness: with a dusting of translucent powder it's almost perfect. I will definitely repurchase.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by barbraella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Before this i used the original skin perfection and though i did like it i did however found it slightly too dark and a little bit greasy,so when i was in a priceline store i noticed that garnier had brought an oil free version of this made for oily skin so i thought i give it a go and now i dont know how i wore the original version,this is much better for my skin the colour is lighter than the original so it matches my skintone better,the coverage is pretty good like a foundation and it goes matte on your skin feeling less greasy or shiny,it is a little on the liquidy side but a little goes a long way just be careful when using it because it can be runny,besides that this has become my favourite bb cream and will be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have it and I must say that after the disappointments of the original version it was a big surprise for me. It is really a bit lighter than the original BB cream, covers very well ( it has medium coverage which is great for me) and makes my skin looking matte for a few hours. If you have combination to oily skin, be sure to try it. If you are very oily in the T-zone, you can use primer and transparent loose powder. The finish is just beautiful, matte but still natural, the skin is smooth and pores are minimized. For this price totally worth! :-)
Update: I think it broke me out...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely best tinted moisturizer for oily/combo skin I have used. The shade is yellow fair, so when I applied it with a makeup brush the finish was definitely too yellowish for my fair cool toned skin [true that the coverage was also MEDIUM unlike the original Garnier BB Cream that will never get you coverage higher than light]. If you have fair yellow skin this is perfect even for higher coverage, if not I found that applying it with my fingers gave a very uniform true to my skin color finish (hence I gave it a 5 in the end even though I did have my time of thinking why have I bought this??). Finish is definitely matte and it does control oil as good as some more expensive HE brands too, maybe even better (I am only combo). Does conceal enlarged pores, and does give your skin that mattish inner glow most combo girls are looking for. If color is a problem then maybe a cool toned powder on top will fix it.
For the price of it it's definitely a great product. Does not look cakey on top nose (problems with the T zone) and evens out mild discolorations too. It's VERY liquid-ey so do use a mild hand a small amount of product to tap gently and spread.
I gave packaging a 3 because for its consistency a tube is not the most convenient packaging.
I also have the normal Garnier BB Cream, that one is a lot darker in light/medium than Garnier BB for Oily/Combo in Light. As a shade comparison maybe NC10? But like I said if you are good at using your fingers in a light layer this will impress you, with a foundation brush this will like the wrong color for you.