July 30, 2014 | 1492 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely sheer pop of colour, great moisture and a fantastic texture. Overall I think Revlon hit the ball out of the park with this product. But Buyer Beware: these lippies are like Pokemon. Once you buy one of these babies, you're going to want to collect them all.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Really liking this product. Bought the Peach Parfait color and couldnt be happier. At first, I thought I wouldnt like the sparkle, but its nice. Its not over powering and the texture is still nice. I havent noticed any smearing or fading, there was still plenty of color when I went to re apply mid day. Lasts longer than my usual lip sticks. Looking forward to getting more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are really nice. I have a few of them that between sales and coupons I paid about $5 each for. The texture is nice and for me they last about the same as they do for everybody else 1-2 hours. They are not particularly moisturizing, but they don't feel dry. I especially love the feel of the ones with no glitter. The colors are all named appropriately after various sweet confections, in general they tend to be bright and not particularly natural. One thing I'd love to see from this line is more muted, wearable-in-real-life-if-you're-not-a-teenager shades. Don't get me wrong, I more than love pink and rose lipsticks, but these are more bubblegum. One of the standout shades to me is Fig Jam. I would have never ever picked it up, based on the color of the cap and the way it looks in the tube. Applied though, it is a sheer bricky-rose. I also wish they sold Macaroon in the US, but oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lalaleonnax

I love my lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake. It has the slightest sweet sugar scent. I describe it as a cross between a lipstick & lip gloss. Strawberry Shortcake is cool toned, so I advise you to definitely buy this if you want a doll pink color for you cool toned ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kaikumalae

Loveloveloveeee this stuff! Bought two on sale about a week and a half ago and have managed to accumulate 5 more since then. I like compulsively can't stop! Each shade I buy I end up loving even more than the last. For me these are my HG lipsticks because I can't usually wear lip color without a coat of carmex underneath to moisturize my severely dry lips, and even then some look terrible still... and I'm talking prestige brands. This stuff is amazing! Very comparable to Tarte's LipSurgence Tints but waaay less expensive! 5 lippies :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by myspace4jes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only have this in creamsicle. The texture is nice and the pigmentation is alot better than I thought it would be. The color is a nude, orange color, very similar to nyx orange soda. Unlike that l/s, which is very thin and slips everywhere, this product stays on your lips and moisturizes(to an extent). I like the packaging, its nice how it goes with the rest of the collection and the quilted look. Overall, great quality and great product~

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ravenwine

I finally bought this product after reading so many good things about it and I absolutely do not regret it! I bought mine in creme brulee; i wanted a nude colour which won't look too "ghostly" and this one came out pretty natural looking! It goes on really evenly and it=t feels really good on my lips too; it feels super moisturizing which is wonderful. I think the brighter colours are more pigmented than this colour (when I tried out the testers at the store) but I don't mind, it's still pretty pigmented.
I will most probably get more in other brighter colours (like tutti frutti, it's a brilliant coral)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lacey77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had my doubts but actually like these quite a bit. There are great when you want to quickly slap on some color when your lips are a bit dry and you don't want to go through all the exfoliation/prep/moisturizing steps that most bright lipsticks require. The one thing i HATE is the packaging. It is a shame because the original Colorburst lipsticks come in those lovely quilted black tubes but the Lip Butter ones are cheap looking semi-opague plastic that can be difficult to open.

My favorites are sweet tart (cheerful medium pink) and sugar plum (mauve-y red?), both which work on my pigmented lips. No shimmer or glitter in these two colors as well. Avoid Cupcake...that one is a chalky mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading the positive reviews. The colour selection in my local Boots was limited - I would have liked one of the brown/neutral shades. Having said that, I opted for Peach Parfait, which looks really nice on my fair complexion - a summery peachy shade. The colour is far less scary on than in the tube. It moisturises well and isn't too shiny or gloopy. I'd like to get another berry or brown shade as well. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by greenyshell

Super duper like this lipstick. Very moisturising and the colour stays longer than i thought... I bought this in Indonesia for just 75,000 Rupiah ( AUD$8) and strange enough the price of cosmetics in Australia is ridiculously expensive. one revlon lipstick here costs $25. Look at the difference? unbelievable right?? Anyway i would totally buy this lipstick again... such a great product from Revlon =)