July 23, 2014 | 1345 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My new favorite mascara! If you're looking for dramatic lashes, look no further. This will lengthen and thicken lashes to the point where it leaves you baffled at the potential you never knew your lashes had!

Initially, I was hesitant about purchasing this due to the fact that there is no waterproof version. I like waterproof mascaras because they hold curled lashes really well. However, for $3, I was willing to take my chances. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this mascara did hold the curl! Here's the technique I found to work best: curl lashes at base, then in the middle, finally at the tips. I like to hold my curler in place for about 10 seconds. This way, I can get an extreme curl lasting me all day. I also found that I can apply coats after it dries for even more drama without clumping.

So, in short...

PROS:
1) Holds a curl
2) Easily removed
3) Lengthens
4) Adds a TON of volume
5) Extremely black despite "black" being the only color
6) Does not clump
7) $3

CONS:
1) Leaves you disappointed about all the money you spent on high end mascaras that just can't compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

One of the best mascaras I have ever used. And for 2.99 I can buy it with pocket change.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by jennarosetti

Holy Geez! I have been paying $30 for high end mascara when I could be paying $3 for something way more amazing. This is the blackest mascara I have ever tried. It provides both volume and length and holds a curl. One coat provides thick, flawless lashes which has everyone wondering if I am wearing lash strips. Simply AMAZING!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i'm very on the fence about this product. yes the formula has A LOT of potential as far as volume but i've never had such a hyped up product be so much of a hassle. this does get very clumpy very fast and the brush deposits way too much product if you don't mess with it before. also many times it difficult to get a feathery softer look on the ends of your lashes and you will have too much volume or even worse, chunks, on the ends of your lashes. i was really expecting more with this MUA rating especially considering i had never been disappointed by a item raved on MUA before.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ybauer

Amazing mascara. Truly gives length and volume and no smudging. You have to get this withiut regret.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by skort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went on here and saw all the negative reviews this mascara has been getting lately, and wondered "Why are these beotches talkin' smack about my baby?" No but seriously. I don't throw around the term HG often, and this is truly HG for me. I've tried just about every drugstore mascara there is, and a few high end, and this is the mascara that I cling to for dear life. You can find it at Walgreens, Kmart, or CherryCulture.com.

PROS:
- Jet Black
- Seriously lengthening. I have extremely stubby lashes and this mascara doubles the length of them.
- Volumizing. Not as volumizing as something like L'Oreal Voluminous, but definitely volumizing.
- Doesn't smudge on me throughout the day, even though it's not waterproof.
- Holds a curl well. I usually end up recurling my lashes after about 4 hours of wearing this, which is fine by me.
- Costs 3 freaking dollars. Need I say more?

CONS:
- Not natural looking. If you like the natural look, this is NOT the mascara for you. If I put more than one layer of this on, it looks like falsies.
- No waterpoof formula. I don't find that this smudges, but if you have oily eyelids and you're super-paranoid about smudges, this may not be for you. I do find that layering a waterproof formula over it, such as Maybelline Full n' Soft, seals it in and keeps it from smudging even while swimming.
- No Dark Brown color. I really wish they had a brown color for daytime, as I am quite pale and the black looks a bit dramatic for the day.

All in all, this is hands-down my favorite mascara. If you like dramatic lashes, go to Walgreens. Buy it. Thank me later.

NOTE: Make sure you are buying the black tube with the PURPLE writing. Not the pink writing! Purple.
ANOTHER NOTE: If you're looking for this at Walgreens, it's slightly difficult to find. The display is usually very small, and located at the makeup checkout area near where the Sinful Colors nail polishes are.

31 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by cinderelka90

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this product even after hearing all the rave reviews, I still figured I wouldn't like it but for 2.50 I can find out for myself! I really like using this mascara for days that I don't want to use a waterproof but still want something that lasts well since my eyes tear up easily. It gives great volume although the key is to keep adding coats while its wet bec if you do it when it has dried it will look horrible. I will def repurchase if they ever have it in stock (its always out!)
*Update: this stuff is HG, even though I thought it would be non-waterproof, it actually has better staying power than my other wp mascaras (loreal voluminous etc) and is pretty difficult to remove. and man the lashes it gives you, GO BUY IT NOW

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

This one ended in up the garbage can. I tried to make it work, I really did. I bought into the MUA hype about how miraculous it is, and though the folks here are generally right on the mark, not so in this case. Appiication and formula were just all right, but the deal breaker was the horrible black smudges. I had the worst raccoon eyes you can imagine.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

So I tried this a while back and didn't think it was all that great. Then the boards were blowing up about how wonderful this stuff was so I tried it again. Yep, still not that great.

I have very long lashes but I need some help in the volume department. I found that this does an OK job at adding volume but made my lashes clump together something fierce.

The wand is small and has very compact bristles which just sort of wipes the mascara on instead of wrapping each lash with product. The formula is drier, which is a plus in my book, but again, nothing to rant and rave about. After a few hours of wear, this really irritated my eyes; gave me itchy lashes!

Won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Everyone on MUA flipped their lids over this mascara. "It's $2 and AHH-MAAH-ZING," they all seemed to trill in unision. I am a mascara snob. I stand behind Diorshow/Diorshow Blackout/Chanel Inimitable and I do not listen to haters who say these mascaras are overpriced because I feel like they're worth the hefty pricetag. But MUA's MU board is even more discerning than I am about most things, so if they're raving over $2 makeup, I have to find my shoes and haul it down to Walgreens, don't I?

First of all, it was $3.49 at my Walgreens. WHATEVER, it's a small price to pay for what one MUAer on Cafe called, "Sex for your lashes," am I right?

I want to find that MUAer and ask her what sort of sex she's been having, because if it's anything like Jordana BLEVM (interesting that the first three initials sound like BLEH) then I feel very, very sorry for her.

Okay, it's not a bad mascara. But really, all I could think was, "This is it?" I don't get the hype. At all. It smells funny. And the effect is non-existant, basically. It just made my lashes look a little bit glossy. It didn't volumize or define very much; my lashes more or less look pretty natural, albeit slightly more glossy. I'm keeping it in my emergency makeup bag, but I definitely won't repurchase.